Author Topic: Rejuvenating the Network of Republics.  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Holmvik

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Holmvik
Rejuvenating the Network of Republics.
« on: July 15, 2022, 11:00:46 PM »

In 2019 six nations formed the Network of Republics, an attempt at bringing together nations in much the same way as monarchies had. The organisation attempted to be a political, economic, cultural and semi-defensive grouping and today the initial six sit at two, one of whom is much different in form to three years ago.

As a Republic that in the grand scheme of Mundus' history is a relative newborn it is my hope that such networks can be utilised to bring about greater support for those on Mundus. As such though I believe the initial failure and the existence of a vast array of regional partnerships and grand alliances have consigned the original Network of Republics to be a thing of the past. It is my hope however that like the phoenix something can raise from the ashes. With this in mind I propose that Republics who have in interest in developing relations come and join me and my government in Klimpfjäll to form an organisation that has a much narrower focus. Should we be successful it is my hope that we can develop a network that will support us all in the fields of education, humanitarian endeavours and culture. I wish this to be not some grand organisation akin to MICA or an alliance like the CNN, it will be simply a bedrock on which moving forward we can each build grand friendships.

I hope my invitiation is not viewed as disrespectful to those who have gone before me and pray you will accept my invitation.

Best Wishes

President Sigmund Haugen
The Republic of Holmvik

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: Rejuvenating the Network of Republics.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 10:01:51 AM »

To: His Excellency, President Sigmund Haugen

I would like to first commend you on the noble initiative that seeks to promote understanding and cooperation between the Republics of Mundus.

Secondlty, I note that the reason for the failure of the Network of Republics also lies in the membership of Soviet Kaitaine and the inability of the organization to do something about it. The partnership and alliance between Kaitaine and Rodina have done much harm to the countries of the Rus’ Sea (ooc: Rodinian Sea). So any attempt of rejuvenation of the network needs to address the issue with the Kaitaine membership.

For our part, the Holy Kingdom of Samantra is a Theocracy with the Head of State the Patriarch of the Samantran Orthodox Church. It is my understanding that under the current charter we are not eligible for membership despite having a democratically elected head of government. Should the charter be open for revision to accommodate our membership or allow some form of associate membership we will be joining you in the Klimpfjäll for talks. Should that not be possible we still wish you the best in your efforts for peace and mutual understanding between the republics of Mundus.

Yours respectfully,
Yeva Litvin
President of the Duma

Offline Holmvik

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Holmvik
Re: Rejuvenating the Network of Republics.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 11:09:42 PM »

Dear President Litvin

It is my intention that the Network will in effect be a fresh start. While on paper there are nations who may use the word Republic in their name a true Republic is one that gives the ordinary man on the street power. I do not believe the Soviet of Kaitaine does this at all. As a one party state there is no way that they can fulfil that criteria. It is my understanding that your Duma has significant powers and has recently taken many important decisions regarding laws on pay and investment within your nation by third parties. While the present charter may say you are not eligible it is also clear the current charter is not working.

I therefore hope that when we convene in Klimpfjäll we will see representatives from your nation there.

Best Regards

President  Sigmund Haugen
The Republic of Holmvik