Author Topic: Extending the Olive Branch (Daitō and Heyra)  (Read 1728 times)

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Extending the Olive Branch (Daitō and Heyra)
« on: August 08, 2022, 08:38:51 PM »

To Chairwoman Francine M. A. Therz of the Heyran Republic,
   I am writing to you on behalf of the Empire of Daitō with the hope of extending something of an olive branch, given our withdrawal from the CSTO and a renewed desire to reach out to nations and peoples across Mundus. As it happens, the Heyran Republic, owing to its position which effectively grants it control over the Matilda Channels, is viewed by many as a potential partner in some fields going into the future. Of course, there have been naysayers over the years, questions over Heyra's relationship with the Tamoran state and in particular with regards to Elysium, but it is my opinion and that of the government here in Daitō that it should not prevent ties from being formed. That, of course, brings me back to my original reasoning behind writing this, that being that I wish to propose talks, whether it be within Daitō or Heyra, or perhaps even a neutral third party, is of no consequence to me or my government.

I eagerly await a response, and I hope that, should you agree, talks go well.
Signed,
Daitō Tennō

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Re: Extending the Olive Branch (Daitō and Heyra)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 09:29:24 AM »
Tenkyō
August 16th, 2022
0830 Hours

Two rows of guards stood at attention along the passageway between the aircraft and a state car, outfitted in dark blue dress uniforms. The insignia on their caps bore not the star seen across the military, but rather the Chrysanthemum, a symbol of both nobility and longevity as much as it was the seal of the Imperial Family. Beyond that, they were further distinguished by their rank insignia being made not of gold, but rather of silver as it presumably looked better than gold when paired with the red and blue. Suffice to say, the soldiers assembled were members of the Imperial Guard, specifically a detachment assigned to the Daijō Daijin—the Chancellor of the Realm—as was established in their duties many decades prior.

As Therz and Aginer descended from the aircraft, on the opposite end of the cordon a man could be seen, far older than the Emperor. Rather, greeting them was the Honorable Chancellor Sachio Heishi, a descendant of the famous—or indeed infamous, depending on whether you were an Ardian or not—Chancellor Toshikatsu Heishi, who had served in the role from the 1890s until his death in 1936. All around, flags flew, carried gently aloft by the wind. From this distance, the guests could certainly have seen him pull out a sheet of paper, read it, and place it back in his pocket before the band played the anthems of both Heyra and Daitō. When this display was complete, he spoke up.
   "On the behalf of His Imperial Majesty, our Heavenly Sovereign, I bid you, Chairwoman Francine Therz of the Republic of Heyra, a warm welcome to the Empire." He said, his voice just loud enough to be heard from all the way across the cordon. Despite the volume, it seemed gentle, perhaps not quite like the autumn breeze, but gentle nonetheless. "So long as you shall remain here, you shall be seen as our most honored guest. I wish, therefore, to invite you and your staff to approach at your own leisure."