Author Topic: Chistopol and Matthelon  (Read 793 times)

Offline Chistopol

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Chistopol
Chistopol and Matthelon
« on: January 21, 2024, 12:00:51 AM »

To - The Honourable President Daina Testruvial of Matthelon

I am writing to you in order to gauge your interest at a meeting between our two nations. As nations of Eastern Aranye it has been far too long since our nations have sat down and talked together and I am hopeful that we can change that in the coming months. I have always longed for greater co-operation in the East of Aranye and would be delighted if perhaps our two governments can begin us down that path. With that in mind I would like to invite your government to come to Tartu for formal meetings between Prime Minister Darijus Laine, myself and your own delegation.

Should your calendar not permit a foreign visit we would be only too happy to visit your Federation at your earliest convenience.

Best Wishes
His Majesty King Kārlis IV of Chistopol

Offline Matthelon

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Matthelon
Re: Chistopol and Matthelon
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 04:03:56 AM »
To His Majesty King Kārlis IV of Chistopol

I gladly accept your invitation of a meeting and discussion between our two nations in Tartu. We in Matthelon would also like to foster good relations with our regional friends in the east and like minded nations. Chistopol and Matthelon can certainly do a lot of good for each other and the east if we work together. The Matthelonic representation shall include myself, foreign minister Atticus Yolte and our ambassador to the Kingdom of Chistopol Jana Sirusa. Please provide our office dates in which a meeting could take place.

Thanks,
President of the Matthelon Confederation
Daina Testruvial
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 02:12:39 PM by Matthelon »
Matthelon Confederation Factbook Link Below

https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=3062.0

Offline Chistopol

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Chistopol
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 09:44:28 PM »
The agreed upon date had arrived. Tartu had not seen foreign dignitaries for some time now and the King was keen to make a good impression. He ensured that the streets leading from the airport to the Woodside Palace that sat just outside the capital had their trees neatly pruned, the gutters swept and the store fronts made at least presentable. Truth be told it wasn't such a big job as Karlis had imagined. In the last three or four years the capital had been improved imensely from the days when it had been a bit of a wreck thanks to decades of communist occupation followed by struggles with rebuilding the nation. The King though now spent little time in the capital and at the age of 92 few could blame him. He had fought in the anti-communist resistance and then done his best to give the people more of a say in running the nation than either his grandfather had or the communists had. The nation was seemingly on a trajectory to become a monarchy in name only but until then Karlis still intended to have some input into foreign affairs as his role entitled him too.

His grand-daughter Viktoras was the Royal Matron, responsible for helping manage the families affairs and she had urged her grand-father to stay at the Palace allowing her to welcome their guests. The King had stubbonly refused and now was hobbling towards the waiting honour guard on two walking sticks. Seeing the monarch approach the Guards snapped to attention in their all black dress uniform. Their commander gave the King a smart salute and reported the men were ready for the arrival of the guests from Matthelon. "Stand easy sir" the King said doing his best to return the salute. "I wish to just say how smart I think your boys look. Thank them for their duty when you get back to barracks" he said as he pottered off towards the blue carpet that marked where the Matthelon aircraft would arrive. As if on perfect timing the King's hearing aid supported ears picked up the hum of an approaching aircraft and once it had been directed into place the Guard's band began playing the Matthelon national anthem and presented a salute as the Matthelonians descended the steps.

"President Testruvial" Karlis handed Viktoras one of this sticks and extended a hand. "Its a pleasure to meet you. We'll be travelling to the Woodside Palace where my own Prime Minister is keen to help us get things moving. I trust Mattleon is well?" He enquired as he began moving towards the waiting car. The King and President would ride in the first car while Viktoras and Jana Sirusa in the second. As they headed towards the city Karlis was keen to point out the new central library that had replaced the Communist Workers Party Drill Hall. The pyramid structure was busy with students coming and going and outside people enjoyed the plaza. Next they passed the new National Theatre where Karlis was a frequent attender at the opera. "We've been busy these last few years trying to make Tartu a prettier city, as you can see the city, while colourful is in need of some TLC. I fear however I won't see the place restored to its former glory." He smiled. "How do we compare to your capital?" He enquired.

In the car behind Viktoras was more about business. "No doubt my grand-father is busy chatting away about the city." She shrugged, "I think I must warn you however that there will be a very definite agenda when talks begin. The Prime Minister I believe is keen to lessen my families power and my grand-father is likely to let his heir my uncle.....also called Karlis, do much of the talking from a royal stand-point. I love my uncle but he is sadly more convinced our family should exercise the final authority in the nation. It often can lead to difficultly with the Prime Minister and my uncle. I hope you can therefore be discreet and tell your President to be patiet. Eventually my grand-father usually steps in and finds a nice middle ground. Sadly we've elections in the summer and I believe the Prime Minister will have one eye on them. Now business aside I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. I know my grand-father encourages ambassadors to visit him often so I suspect you'll be getting plenty of invites."

Offline Matthelon

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Matthelon
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024, 11:55:34 PM »
[b]President Testruvial Returns to First House[/b]
Grenneighll, Matthelon
MBC News Report

It was at approximately 1:45 pm local time here in the capital city when President Daina Testruvial’s delegation arrived from her first foreign state visit. She and her team spent three days in Tartu, Chistopol visiting with King Kārlis IV, his grand-daughter Viktoras as well as Prime Minister Darijus Laine. Matthelon was represented by our president as well as Foreign Minister Atticus Yolte and ambassador Jana Sirusa.

President Testruvial wanted to make her first foreign state visit since her election, to be the Kingdom of Chistopol as it is an important member in our local region of East Aranye. Topics discussed in the meeting included recognition of Chistopol’s struggle defeating communism, efforts to rebuild the war-torn sections of the country, Matthelon's own struggle fighting off Communism and what the future may hold for the two nations.

Matthelon’s unique history of being a Republican government early on in the world of mainly kingdoms and the controversial abdication of most of its royal families from the provinces during the golden revolution, has seen a rocky relationship with other Kingdoms. These events are history now but have caused unease in several foreign governments.

President Testruvial said in a short briefing once landing that the meeting with his majesty and the prime minister went very well, and that hopes that Chistopol and Matthelon would be in alignment on many matters look to be true. She also said that she extended an offer for Chistopol leaders to make the return trip here to Grenneighll, and hopes to see that take place during her first term.
Matthelon Confederation Factbook Link Below

https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=3062.0