Roleplay > Diplomacy and Events

An Inquiry To King Aldwin VI of Weißenwald

<< < (5/5)

Beatrice:
"I understand," Akasha replied, "and I thank you for taking the time to enlighten me on these matters. I would be supportive of a measure such as which the Prince has proposed and would go a step further in this vein. I'm certain some of you are aware of the Cube Project, and just as I have offered states in Midaranye space to lease within the Cube I would wish to offer such opportunities to the members of COSNAT at a rate reduced by 50% for the first five years of the lease. Just as our businesses would be capable of showcasing their abilities, so too would your states be able to showcase yours to the Clysperi market."

"Furthermore," the Pharaoh continued, "while Clysperis is known for its oil and gas reserves we have an untapped reserve of uranium; I recognize that Altona is a leader in this field and would wish to seek cooperation with one more knowledgeable and experienced in developing and deploying this resource. While we have arrangements with the Rokkenjimans for the deployment of a new nuclear station in Clysperis I also wish to seek options from Altona, so as to diversify our options moving forward and not leave the Clysperi nuclear energy system dependent upon one sole vendor."

Altona:
"I'm not able to speak for everyone" Lukas responded. "We'd be interested in the co-operation with this Cube idea however I'd want a reduced lease for as long as we allow you to attend our trade and industrial shows. If we're aiming at helping each other promote our businesses then for as long as we help you promote yours then you should help us promote ours?" He attempted to sweeten the deal. "Now as for co-operation over nuclear matters thats something we'd be extremely interested in. We ourselves have the wilderness to be able to set up test facilities, we have a decent supply of uranium but its customers we need. Now we can put you in touch with the various agencies, companies and institutes that we work with but the issue will be that by working with Rokkenjima you must have signed up to the MAEA? Meanwhile Altona will not sign up to the treaty as we do not wish foreign inspections of our prototypes and the like. Where are we going to sit in this regard?"

Beatrice:
"I believe that is quite fair, let's go forth with that understanding. And yes, the elephant in the room in regards to that line of discussion, but I believe I may have a solution. What if, for our purposes, nuclear cooperation takes place in the academic sphere? Our schools could collaborate on research, something such as this would not see an exchange of materials yet it would allow for the Clysperi to learn how best to utilize, operate and deploy the resources at our disposal. In return, the Kingdom would be willing to provide natural gas at a discounted rate, as I do not see our membership in OPEN surviving another year as it is."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version