Author Topic: Greetings From Villos  (Read 5889 times)

Offline Villos

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Villos
Greetings From Villos
« on: January 12, 2018, 06:51:29 AM »
Greetings from Villos!
May you always fill your plates first, then the plates of others!
800 Million people follow Sultan Albecht Uberhaus III as their own personal god and view this island nation of Villos as a paradise; however it wasn’t always this way. Villos or what once was a little known land mass notable only for a yachting club, a private zoo and a show jumping facility soon fell on hard times due to it’s forebearers incompetance and lack of humanity. The people managing the playground for the wealthy soon lost site of the needs of their staff, after being forced to stand for 12 hours in the rain without food, and receiving complaints about his rain poncho being worn indoors during a press conference, on the same day of his fathers move from the hospital to a hospice, Sultan Albecht’s Uberhaus’s ancestor Minos III overthrew the tyrannical aristocracy of the luxury facilities founders and ussured in a “time of plenty” for the people. The strategic location of Villos to other nations in the region of Independent Order, assures the “time of plenty” would continue with many corporations fleeing the harsh rules and regulations posed by other nations, and adopting the Sultanate as their home. Since traditional monarchy had played such a big role in the mistreatment of the seasonal staff, Minos named himself Sultan following in the eastern tradition, and experimenting with new values to right the wrongs of the horrid left leaning Oligarchs that were his former employers. While some have been critical of the autocracy, the actual wealth and freedom of the people has only ever improved, since that fateful day June 12th 1977, when my uncle raised his six shooter in anger, and won us all our freedom.
-Sultan Albecht Uberhaus III
Introduction to Villos
National Animal: The Ostrich
After the Zoos were shut down and the Animals were set free, few did as well as the mighty Ostrich. Although Sultan Minos III loved the Ostrich families as he did his own children, eventually there were too many of them, and it became legal to hunt and farm them to help feed the hungry people of Villos.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Greetings From Villos
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:16:42 AM »
Hi, welcome to the region, interesting first post.

In terms of Roleplay however I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to downsize your population, our region tends to have nations less than 100million, or a few between 200-100million, I think only three have more than 200million at present. I'd simply ask you give this some thought before doing a factbook.
If you need any help with anything I'd be happy to help.

Offline Villos

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Villos
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 09:49:25 AM »
OOC

We’ll need help getting an accurate census then and we will have much to discuss ooc to insure Villos is within canon to this region.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 10:53:29 AM »
Hi and Welcome once again! Agree with what you and Dave proposed, which is also why we recommend joining our Discord server for a much mire deeper discussion