Author Topic: News from Paracambi  (Read 15928 times)

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Paracambi
Re: News from Paracambi
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2022, 07:45:41 PM »

EMPEROR CLARIFIES CLYSPERIS STATEMENT

In a rather bizarre twist following Emperor Benson's statement on postponing talks with Clysperis and their relationship with Achkaerin the twitter account of Evanthe of Rokkenjima issued what could be described as a veiled threat towards Paracambi. The Rokkenjiman diplomat posted that the Emperor should "Tread Carefully." Today the Emperor sat down and discussed the matter with Island News.

"The fact that when we speak out against slavery anyone things we need to tread carefully boggles my mind. Slavery is something that needs to be called out wherever it is found and in any form it is found. Whether it is slavery, indentured servitude or forced child labour all are a stain to Mundus. I'm proud to hail from a nation where our navy shed blood for hundreds of years trying to save slaves wherever we could. Our national identity is steeped in the campaigns we fought. At the centre of this issue is Clysperis. We welcome the announcement that they are ending all forms of slavery and we wish all those who have won their freedom well. Anyone who can prove they were a former slave or indentured servant and wishing for a complete new start will be welcome in Paracambi. I am however skeptical. To see a nation, especially one so closely tied throughout its history change so quickly is something I'm sceptical of. 

In November 2019 Tamora, a nation in which slavery has existed for 1000 years or more and one insistent slavery will still exist there in 1000 more years, sent around 5,000 soldiers to Clysperis. Tamora are a nation that also invested $1billion in Setri and a further $1billion in infastructure projects. A sum of $2billion granted from slavers has helped create the economic marvel that Clysperis hopes to become. The consturction also began at a time when the Clysperis government still owned indentured servants, the last of those under the Pharoahs own control were released as recently as August 22nd 2021. The world must therefore ask questions before it invests, how much slave blood has been shed to allow this economic hub to be created? If since giving the orders for it to be built this change of heart from the Pharoah is genuine more must be done by her government than simply giving them freedom. Anyone freed from slavery is effectively born again and enters this world with nothing, no money, no property and must be given these. If Clysperis has truly seen a $10billion trade surplus and the error of its former ways the vast surplus must be used to pay reparations and equip those former slaves for the future. Now if this is happening I applaud the steps but to date I have only seen pride in their recovery not their reformation.

The matter for us gets even more complex. With Clysperis effectively having a governmental system where Akasha is currently the final word on all matters of importance, whether they be domestic or foreign in nature, then all it takes is for her to once more have a change of heart and the institutions of slavery can return to Clysperis. We have seen nothing that assures that for example her descendants wouldn't return slavery to the people of Clysperis with a single word. Documents such as the MCUR, nations having a constitution with checks and balances on power or pure democracy are the only ways to ensure slavery can never return. Even then my trust in treaties such as the MCUR are not strong as they are largely virtue signalling attempts at taking away a nations sovereignty.

With these facts on the table it is clear why I wish to wait and see what the future holds for Clysperis. If they continue on this path of reform I would have in the future great delight in saying to the Pharoah I was wrong and thanking her for giving these people freedom. But now is not the time to begin slapping her on the back.

Meanwhile I raised concerns about the actions of Achkaerin. To those outside private meeting rooms and conference calls there should be concern about decisions made. First we have the fact that we now have the visible metric of Achkaerin forces sharing common cause with slavers. At the time of Achkaerin dispatching support the Tamorans had less than a month earlier announced their financial package for Clysperis. Add to that the fact that neither Clysperis or Tamora had signed the Uppsala Convention and we could have been seeing one of the nations who has tried so much to hold that Convention as a pinnacle of international law standing alongside war criminals. There could also have been a troubling precident. Until this year the Pharoah still held the right to take foreign POW's as slaves, now if the word of the Pharoah is law she could easily have given this up during the conflict but she didn't. When New Derusima offered help to the rebels we could have seen their troops or airmen taken prisoner and end up as slaves. I would ask what safeguards were in place to ensure this would not have happened as Akasha had not used her supreme authority to outline the practice nor had she signed the Uppsala convention preventing the practice. Since the war has ended it is my understanding Achkaerin have given significant aid to Clysperis. No doubt this has helped build Setri, helped repair the damage of the war and contributed to an impressive trade surplus. These facts give nations the right to ask questions such as I am about to. If Tamora have billions invested in Setri it would be right to think businesses that in their homeland support and own slaves have invested in Setri, what is Achakerin doing to see those businesses expelled from Setri? What steps did Achkaerin take to ensure foreign POW's would not end up slaves? What assurances of an end of slavery did they have prior to committing soldiers to fight for a nation that permitted slavery? These are legitimate questions that now the dust has settled Emperor Peter may choose to answer. I do not doubt his good intentions but from someone sat in my position these facts I have outlined muddy waters. Now if Evanthe has problems with someone stating facts and asking questions of a nation that has a prominent role in the international community then it is perhaps for the best Adrianna is assuming the reigns of Rokkenjima. The young Empress has spoken on a number of moral issues such as human genetic manipulation and I like her passion on these matters, she seems to have a strong moral compass and I would hope that if she was in my situation she would be asking the hard questions. If your response to hard questions is threats via social media then perhaps the answers are not ones to be proud of."

The Emperor had returned to Aluhampton from visiting Castries and has instructed the Paracambian Embassy in Clysperis to ensure any former slaves or indentured slaves wishing to relocate to Paracambi are given every aid.

New Derusmian intervention - what assurance was given that any POW's wouldn't be used as slaves?

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2022, 10:24:29 AM »

EMPEROR PLEASED WITH COBBLE FIELD

Following the announcement that East Moreland have completed operations from the island in the Alucard now known as Cobble-Field Emperor Benson has issued a statement. "I am pleased that the forces opposed to Leopold Hamsik have been successful. While I may not approve of the manner in which an island in international water was utilised in our region with minimal contact with the TUNA nations I am pleased that our neighbours and friends in Lodja have been able to restore order. At the height of this situation I meet with representatives of King David who suggested an arrangement that once East Moreland's Air Force had finished with the island it be handed over to TUNA as a base of operations for a variety of tasks. True to his word that has now happened. Not only has the island been handed over to TUNA this week but also various important pieces of infastructure have been left for our use. This gesture is a sign that East Moreland supports the work TUNA are doing in an attempt to clean up the Alucard. In the coming weeks a permanent facility will be established that will allow vessels that have collected various bits of plastic from the ocean to offload their damaging cargo for collection by a mothership, thus allowing them to spend more time cleaning and less time arranging meet ups at sea. In addition we will be working with TUNA in the coming days to ensure there is a permanent search and rescue prescence in the region. We can also begin looking at other uses for the island."

The Emperor had concerns that the island would become some kind of CNN outpost however this has not been the case. With Lodja and Ui Cenneslaig also being members of TUNA however many believe that this is an unfounded concern. With the situation in Lodja now under control and a new Queen on the throne Emperor Benson has spoken of his desire to strengthen relations with the Alucard Queendom.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2022, 08:59:05 PM »

EMPEROR SHOCKS EMPIRE WITH NEW EMPRESS

Emperor Benson has returned from Kermah, where he had been visiting a small Vodou worshipping community, with a new bride. The Emperor spent time visiting the Uhmlang festival held by the Mombaka tribe. The Emperor was invited to visit the tribe as their King, Tebogo Opeyemi, believes their folk religion and the Vodou faith share many similarities. The Uhmland festival see's the KIng's female subjects paraded and selections made to serve the royal family. The King often invites leaders of other tribes, or in this case nations, to select a girl to enter their service in order to further polticalconnections. On this occasion the Emperor was invited on day two of his week long journey and selected 22 year old Zuri Kolisi to serve the Imperial Family for a year. Surprisingly on the final day of the visit the Emperor agreed a bride price of 100 head of cattle, three tractors and ten years supply of seeds with her father who is a minor landowner in the Kingdom of Mombaka which is part of the Federation of Kermah. The couple were married in a traditional Vodou ceremony. The new Empress has yet to be formally crowned and no details have yet to be released on the matter. Very little is known about the new Empress apart from the fact that she had been a student at University studying Agricultural Sciences it ha also been confirmed that while raised in the Kingdoms folk faith the Emperor confirms that followers of that faith follow many of the rituals of Vodou and that the now Empress Zuri has fully embraced the faith.

The large age gap between the Emperor, who is 50 years old, has been highlighted as this marriage potentially being about creating further children. The Emperor already has two children, Prince Marcus who is 23 years old and Princess Sophia who is 20. They are the children of deceased Empress Madeline, a Rastafarian, who was assassinated in 2019. It has lead some to believe that this marriage is as much about creating a generation of royals brought up soley in the Vodou faith of which the Emperor is the head of. So far neither Prince Marcus or Princess Sophia have meet their new step-mother or commented on the news. Some commentators believe the choice of bride was one driven by trying to form strong links with Kermah.

It is expected that a formal coronation will take place in the coming weeks with the Emperor and new Empress touring the Empire soon after.