Author Topic: Jewel of the Desert  (Read 14366 times)

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Re: Jewel of the Desert
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2019, 01:09:17 PM »
"Only the Quintelians seem to enjoy our Airships so far, speaking of the Devil, i think King Lapu is arriving."

Albrecht kept in the background for a bit, enjoying the hospitality glancing around the premise.

As it was time for the racing Albrecht stayed behind, Camel racing wasn't his idea of fun. There was enough reason for bad blood in the words he had to make later on, so staying clear of Heydar on a day that was supposed to be fun seemed reasonable.

"Do you know where their stall is this year?" Albrecht produced a picture of the stall and the owner where he got the coronation sword made: "I do have to drop by and praise his daughters craftsmanship after all. Else i'm being tasked to find something expensive and risque. I am rather sure if there's one place to find such frivolous items it might be the festival. How else to show wealth?"

There was a bit if a toothy grin on albrecht, before he stood up and gave a small bow to queen klara:

"I did not expect her Divinity would come today." he said, giving her room to approach the hostess: "We were just about to discuss the shopping list."

Offline Lady Amaya

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tauredalia
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2019, 04:17:26 AM »
Rolron paused a long time as he considered Thanasis' question. It wasn't unheard of to speak about marriage contracts, especially among the royalty, but he didn't want to seem too eager to secure a suitor for Tareel. He was aware of the cultural differences between Tamora and Tauredalia and while his daughter might chafe at the possibility of not being the only wife, she would get over it; he knew she'd become the favorite quickly enough.

He nodded. "It comes up on occasion, especially since our marriages must be approved by the reigning monarch," he replied. "We have considered royal alliances with the other kingdoms, but nothing serious quite yet." He smiled softly. "I know my daughter is nearly an adult, but I wanted to let her be a child a little longer," he admitted sheepishly. "I'm not ready yet to let go of my little girl."

He considered a response to Thanasis's inquiry about OPEN. Aredal and Liinaw had certainly wanted to join a larger organization that would help them leverage better sales for their primary export, but Daalish politics had gotten in the way. Not every kingdom had been blessed with oil and, unfortunately, bickering broke down their talks. The other kingdoms wanted a share of profits even though they didn't have the product and had their own silly requirements, but the worst part about the situation was that the confederation bylaws forbid kingdoms from independently joining international organizations.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2019, 11:21:05 PM »
The stall owner was thrilled that King Lapu had returned. "Your Majesty is always welcome here and I am so pleased to hear your enjoyment of our wares." He pulled up a comfortable looking chair and directed the King to sit. "Now perhaps allow me a moment to find my best pieces worthy of a King. Enjoy some mint tea, I think we even have some spirits too." Staff began preparing a side table next to the King as refreshments were made avaliable in the back of the large tent a group of five young apprentices were busy laying out items on a silver tray with a dark red silk cloth centred on it. There were small rings, cufflinks, cigarette cases, tie pins and a vast array of different items. Meanwhile three women were being bedecked in various items, who knows you may even get a sale with the King for his female members of his family. As the little presentation was about to begin the mans assistant had managed to persuade Princess Aanya into the tent. "Ah superb timing Your Highness." the man said as he set up another chair and yet more refreshments. "Two royals under my roof I have been clearly blessed" he said the words loudly more for those milling around outside as a way of inflating his companies prestige, a group of burly figures gathered near the entrance to the tent keeping the rest of the people out. One at a time the apprentices with the trays appeared and demonstrated what they had allowing the visitors to pick up and examine the objects. Meanwhile the girls came forward showcasing the vast array of items they were wearing.

A few tents down Jared looked around a little nervously after Melanie had told him she was here for Banu's object. "Please just pop through to the back" he instructed her as three others walked in. He apologised to them and instructed his assistant to look after Simon, Achilles and Rita as he went to deal with what his friend had set up. "If anyone asks you purchased this off someone in the row of tents far at the back ok....you can't remember their name and obviously as a foreigner unfamiliar with the festival you couldn't possibly find the place again." He lifted a few heavy duty metal boxes off a rack and examined the labels on each, a combination lock sat on each one and he slid the numbers to 1111. He opened the box and twisted it for Melanie to see the contents. There is the box only just big enough to contain it was a Maori severed head. "I trust you know what to do with it?" he asked and shut the box again. "Please input your own code" he had set the lock up for a new unique combination and turned away so it was clear Melanie would be the only one who would know it. "I'll be glad to get rid of that thing, its creepy" he added turning back when she'd done. "Now is there anything else I can be doing for you?" he asked as he lead her back out to the main store area. There Jared's assistant was busy showing Simon, Achillies and Rita a variety of women's jewels. " Sirs, Madam....I have many more items if you see nothing quiet to the ladies taste. Elegant ladies must have elegant jewels yes" he smiled.

Chryssa did her best to hide her disapproval of the Lodjain arrivals but did have to admit they made quiet the spectacle and she liked that. "We're delighted to have you with us Queen Klara" the Queen had servants bring more cushions and chairs for the Ladies in Waiting, unsure of the protocol setting them up behind their monarch, after all in the eyes of Chyrssa these women were nothing other than window dressing for the young Queen. "We were just about to go and explore the festival stalls" Chyrssa said but allowed the Queen and her ladies to get some refreshment rather than drag them back out into the heat. As time ticked by though it was time to make a move and Chryssa had arranged for a group of soldiers to accompany them and they made a rough box around the various royals. Chryssa walked beside Empress Alya as they left the Palace. "The Gathering of Consorts is something I still hope to do, sadly I've had other things take my attention. I'm still learning to be a Queen, so any advice you have there is greatly received of course. Then there is the whole family issue. There was a time the Soter's numbered in their fifties and dear Akakois was taking measures to ensure the long term security of the dynasty. Sadly he didn't instil that desire in Hadi" the Queen lowered her voice. "I must put my own personal feelings aside and ensure my husband has many children, naturally we will have more of our own but well unless I am blessed with octuplets I'm not going to add that many on my own. So naturally we're looking for suitable wives. Respectable noble wives" The Queen gestured with her eyes towards the Lodjains so only Alya could see. "But once my husband is married again and hopefully both me and his new wife are with child we'll look at something. Although I do wonder" she now turned to Klara, "How would King Leopold feel surrounded by the women of Midaranaye if we had a gathering of Consorts?" she teased the young Queen with a good natured smile. "Perhaps we should look for some gifts for our men folk." The Queen guided them into a tent bearing a symbol of the Soter family above the tent flap.

Ghulam Raif was well respected for his watch making but his store stocked everything and he employed only the best. His tent was large enough that it had a small stage and around 50 seats where he put entertainment on and shows of us wares. As the soldiers appeared he was worried but seeing Chyrssa he relaxed. "I know any day I am fortunate to meet my Queen I am a blessed man but an Empress of Tamora, a pair of Princesses from Xaeth and the Queen of Lodja....oh and I see some of her Ladies. I now fear all my blessings for eternity are gone." He bowed to each of the royals. "Now let me see what I have, perhaps for the Empress I have a brooch that may be of interest, a golden oval dressed in green emeralds, white diamonds and red rubies. I believe the colours of our great neighbouring empire." Without a word a young girl knew exactly what he was after and went to get it. "For a pair of Princesses, hmm....something in matching, something in pairs. Perhaps a pair of delightful ear-rings, or maybe with matching necklace, tell me Your Highnesses, how do you feel about Jet and Silver, I may have the perfect ring. ABAN" he yelled and a young looking man appeared. "Get your creation" Dutifully the man headed off and appeared with a pair of rings, each polished beautifully in silver but where a diamond would be there was a piece of black jet stone carved beautifully as a rose. "Aban here is my latest graduating apprentice, these are the last two items from his showcase to earn his membership of the Guild. A young up and coming maker, a chance to buy his debut pieces, a great oppurtunity." Ghulum had clearly gone into sales mode. He then turned to the Lodjains. "Hmmm.....the Lodjains, so elegant, so beautiful, yet so easy to find something for." He turned to a counter behind him and found the pieces he knew he had "Blue topaz and gold, colours to match the dress of a Queen." he showed a tray full of items pairing the two. "Now Ladies these are merely the suggestions of a mere man and we all know when it comes to jewels the eye of a woman is far better. I hope I have wet your appetites." He stood aside allowing them to explore their objects he'd suggested.

"Ghulum do you have the items for the future Queen Haniyah's wedding made yet?" Chryssa asked after the progress of the preparations for her husbands up coming wedding to his 2nd wife.

"Your Majesty is it not bad luck to see them before the wedding day." the store keeper asked.

"Is it not bad luck Ghulum to upset your Queen.....and a customer" she countered.

"See this is why she is Queen" he said to the others, "Very wise, very commanding and dedicated" He disappeared into the back returning with a tiara, set of ear-rings, necklace, a pair of rings and various other items, Chryssa began carefully inspecting each. She seemed pleased with most however a few she wanted changes made to. "They shall be done by the end of the Festival if you wish to come and check again."

"No Ghulum I believe I can trust you, you've never let us down." It was both true but also an indicator to the guests that this was a store that was worth spending your money in.

Across at the Camel racing Heydar was pleased to hear that Zadyr was a military man. "Well Your Highness may have been a Squid." The King used the nickname given to many members of the Navy. "But you are part of our military brotherhood." He embraced the man, "So as such I think you should fire the pistol to start the next race." Orders barked a man came with a starting gun and handed it the King, "Now I know you Navy boys....this is a gun." He teased his guest with a smile. "I'm sorry. I'm sure you know many jokes about the Air Force" he conceded and waited for the Prince to start the race.

King Leopold arrived just as the race ended and despite not being in Heydar's list for future friendship he was duty bound to be nice. "King Leopold. Minister Dragan" they exchanged handshakes and Heydar was pleased Lepold was keen to get into the spirit of things, especially the way he flashing his cash and sharing it among the young boys. He was even more delighted when the young boy came in first and therefore won the bank note. "I must congratulate you on your recent marriage" Heydar began, "Snaring a Queen is a difficult task, you have done well. Especially a young beautiful one." Heydar didn't particularly think that and wanted to ask him what it was like being King of a land of whores but naturally didn't say anything. It was then that Heydar was rather taken by surprise as Emperor Abbas made his proposition. "Forgive us a moment" Heydar turned to the others, they'd been away from them at the time but naturally matters like this needed to be dealt with cautiously.

Heydar lead Abbas to a part of the stand reserved for the owners of the animals, speaking to one of the trainers Abbas saw the man stand bow and disappear leaving them alone in the private viewing area. "There are issues with what you ask naturally, but also oppurtunities. As for coming to each others defence I would hope that would happen regardless of this marriage, but I understand the message this sends to the outside world. Now my sister should have long been married now and I think the fact she was my fathers favourite meant he was reluctant to let her leave home. Now don't get me wrong, I love having my sister around but she has a future and that should be useful to our Kingdom. You ask if she'd be up for the task, she'll do as she's told. If I told her to marry a goat herder she'd do so and I'd make sure she did it with a smile on her face. Now I do have two problems, first is the issue of religion, there will be an outcry if she turns her back on our faith and I allow it. Now that can be overcome if we sort this second issue. Like you and the bride price we have traditions regarding the marriage too. In our faith it is expected that I pay you some money, think of it as a nest egg to use for setting Thelka up in her married life. As a Princess this figure should not be small but it must be money, it should also reflect the lifestyle for which she is to be granted. Now seeing as your looking at expanding your navy as part of your cultures traditions I may have a compromise, reduce the amount you are paying for the boats by $200million. We shall say that I have given you $200million as the gift for taking Thelka into your family. Now the other issue is that in our culture the brides guardian must be given some physical gift to show that the family she is marrying into is capable of looking after her. So my future father in law got some of the Palm, a title and some camels. Now while I am open to suggestions as to what gift you will give me I do have a suggestion for part of it, I would rather like a freehold on some land in Volos. Enough for me to at a time of my choosing to build a Temple there. I have been trying to educate myself on your nation and I have heard that despite that area having 30million of our faith it has no major religious site. I would like to change that. Beyond that I am open to suggestions."

Meanwhile as Albrecht had asked to revisit the store they had brought things for Orions coronation Queen Mother Katerina had been called. She had been Akakois third wife and of course was now a matriach of the family. She had a group of soldiers find a passage for them through the crowd. "I would very much have enjoyed seeing Seleucid jewels on a foreign coronation. Was it very grand?" she asked. She enjoyed all the pagentry and was rather looking forward to when Heydar, he step-son who was actually five years older than her, was officially crowned. He'd ensured he was witnessed being crowned in private but things just hadn't been rperfect yet for an official grand coronation. "Perhaps you can give me some ideas for making it extra special for him." She asked as they approached the tent. The store owner saw them approach. "Your Majesty" he bowed to Katerina and then to Albrecht, "Your Imperial Highness, I trust you are still enjoying last years items?" he asked, "I can assure you if there are problems I can get them fixed."

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Alakhwan
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2019, 06:18:57 PM »
Næxyn was unsure of what exactly she thought of the visiting Lodja's. The Lodjains were a vain people with loose morals. But the fact that they had their Queen meant they understood the proper place of a woman better than anyone in Midaranye, at the very least. Although it was not as if such a thing was difficult, considering how Midaranye treated women. But regardless of her personal feeling towards the Lodjains she was a Princess of Xæth and to be rude or discourteous would reflect bad on both the Xæthoon people and the Imperial family. So Næxyn decided to make polite conversation with her as the group made their way through the festival.

"Queen Klara," she said with a polite nod before introducing herself, "I am Næxyn xy Thælyrn, Princess of Xæth, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Belated as it is, I must offer you my congratulates on your wedding all those months ago and welcome you to the married life, though I am sure you have already settled into it by now," Næxyn smiled, "And I hear my great niece was shown a wonderful time by your elder brother; the man has my thanks."

-

Once the group made their way into Ghulum's tent, both Næxyn and Aataxaris had to admit it was quite impressive for a mere tent. And if the Queen was leading them here, the man's pieces must be of high quality. They both doubted that if there was any significant chance of this man's wares disappointing, the Queen wouldn't have risked sullying her reputation by bringing such prestigious guests to him. The Princess smiled at Ghulum's fawning, realising it was because he was a merchant looking to make money but deciding to feel flattered nonetheless. When she saw Adan's rings presented to her, she was honestly impressed. "They are quite beautiful, I think I may not take the pair of them," she said with a smile, "However, before that I was looking for a gift for my freat niece. Something with opals, if you have any."

Aataxaris stayed back for the most part; he wasn't really interested in buying any jewelry for anyone at the moment. He was interested in taking a look at the pieces on display, studying the sorts of things one might find in Royal Seleucid and comparing it to what was in fashion and popular back home in Xæth. Aataxaris did decide he wanted to have a chat with Ghulum himself, though, and he waited until he wasn't busy with any of his very important customers before striking up a conversation.

"So, Mr. Ghulum, I must say that the pieces you have on display here are quite impressive. Were they all made by you or your apprentices?" he asked, politely making conversation, "How long have you been in the jewelry business?"

-------

Zadyr found himself chuckling at King Heydar's words, "Squid? Your Majesty, I must say that that is probably the least offensive thing a fellow military man has ever called me." The Prince was more than happy to fire off the starting pistol, and took Heydar's jab in stride. It reminded Zadyr of his time in the Navy, of the insults hurled and flung about between men who were closer to one another than brothers. He smiled. "No, your Majesty. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the men of the Air Wing," Zadyr said as he took the gun from Heydar's hand, "I can only imagine what a harrowing experience it must have been when the air conditioning in the office went down."

The Prince enjoyed watching the race, and was a little disappointed it was over as he was starting to get into this sport. But as he looked around and noticed and say Heydar and Abbas making their way elsewhere, he was left with the Lodjains. He wasn't overly fond of the Lodjains, but he supposed he felt some measure of kinship with Leopold. They were both men of standing married to women that their respective nations considered infinitely their better. It was something at least.

"King Leopold," he said to get the man's attention before gesturing to himself, "Zadyr xy Oolily, Prince of Vaalirn and first husband to Princess Næxyn xy Thælyrn of Xæth. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"I must echo the sentiments of His Majesty King Heydar," Zadyr said with a smile, "Married life is certainly something else, is it not?"

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2019, 04:52:29 PM »
"Ma'am Musaevna. I have to talk to someone else but I can do that later." Sofia replied as she looked over to Alisha. "But yes, I do want to look for a nice new necklace or bracelet." She continued as she took out a checkbook and a pen from her pocket. "How about we check that one out?"

"What, two royals?" King Lapu asked the shopkeep as he looked around the tent looking for any recognizable faces, but the only one who looked like a royal was a fairly young woman accompanied by another young woman. "I don't seem to recognize you, are you by any chance related to the Seleucid King or the Xaethoon royalty?" He asked as he sipped his spirit.

"King Lapu, my pleasure to meet you. Why yes I am a Princess, the daughter of the late Khadga Socram." Princess Aanya replied as Shahida looked worried. "I know that my family hasn't been that friendly to your nation ever since the famine that ravaged a few decades ago." She continued as King Lapu listened with interest. "Now I am still the only living heir of Socram and Sarandib, and I intend to reclaim my ancestor's lands. I am just asking for some help financially and militarily and I promise that our people won't have any bad blood with yours anymore." She finished as she sipped some tea.

"Ok, let's just slow down for a moment." King Lapu replied as he started drinking some of the spirits. "You're really the lost princess, right? And you're here wandering out and about?"

"Yes, because I need some help. I have lived in the slums of Djerb for two decades now and I deem it necessary for me to finally start preparing for the liberation of Sarandib." She replied as she looked at some rings.

"Well if that's the case, then I'm sorry, I can't help you that much." King Lapu tore of a page from his checkbook and wrote '$100,000 only'. "This is the least I can do for now. It's a small amount but I guess that should help you for quite a while. Good luck with your endeavors." He finished of as finished a glass of offered spirits. "Also, I think the other leaders are at the camel races, it's just a quick ride from here." The King then turned his attention back to the offered jewelries as the princess went out of the tent. "Do you have anything else special here than these small wares? Maybe dial up the excitement here?" The King leaned back on his chair as he drank some tea that has cooled down a bit.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2019, 11:48:00 PM »
Albrecht posed for some Pictures with the Store owner, and left a couple of Pictures of Orions wielding the blade during the Coronation and for a Photographer alter that day in life size at the stall:

"Your daughter has done work truly worthy of imperial Regalia. I am sure we will take you highly into consideration once it is time for Orion to have his wife assigned next year." he then turned back to the former queen, nodding:

"It was beautiful really. But i am not sure i can really relate to what to get for King Heydar. Though my recommendation stands, his daughter..." Albrechts nods to the stall owner: "Managed to make a rusty movie prop into a gilded treasure with a red diamond as a center piece." he waked over to the live sized picture, where Orion had all pieces of his chosen regalia:

"For us, the regalia on the coronation day has several symbolic meanings. You see the brooch he wore? That was his mothers Piece, its usually tradition unless you really dislike your predecessor, to use the piece they added to the treasury. Then the crown of course, and the dove was from the first child monarch, a young empress that ended up killing herself over the pressure everyone had put on her at such young age. The blade now..."

Albrecht made sure some people listened:

"Was actually used in combat before turned into the piece of art it is now. When Orion was kidnapped the oldest one taken alongside him took the movie prop lying in the abandoned dungeon and held the door for the others to escape. It was the blade wielded by the first person that gave their live for the young emperor. So it held a lot of personal value for Orion."

he turned back to the Shopkeeper: "No need to worry, the blade rests safely on a crypt behind bulletproof glass and several armed men. It won't get as much as scratched."

back to the former queen Katerina, Albrecht smiled sly like a fox:

"You don't happen which of the stalls have more... frivolous items? Gems and gold with very little cloth or similar objects? I wouldn't dare ask this man as his daughter is the one making many of the pieces and i wouldn't tarnish her reputation as he would not refuse making such items for Royalty. As Wife of the late King i am sure you know each and every of these vendors by heart, seeing as you where very throughout in your duties."

He glances among the Collection of their current stall, then picks a small Saphire and Silver Amulett, putting it on the counter: "I expect a good prize when i come back later again, take your time and think about a good offer. I will come back alter and hear it."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2019, 03:29:42 PM »
Jadwiga as the Crown Princess of the Empire of Krimeon meant that it was to represent the interests of the Imperial Family and that of the realm, even if she technically didn’t have any authority whatsoever. Travelling to different countries and getting to know different peoples and cultures was one of the many privileged perks of someone in her position, and with a degree in world politics ensured that she was more than prepared enough to handle such matters to begin with.

Though heading to the Desert Festival felt more like an actual vacation than a true state visit; it was going to be her first time there, but the Crown Princess had heard and seen a lot about this particular Royal Seleucid event and the opportunities which would arise from browsing through the stalls to meeting colleagues of hers she never met before. Jadwiga didn’t mind embarking on this trip alone, as she sometimes preferred to feel independent and release the inner spirit, so to say. 

“Ehm...Hello.” Having just disembarked from the limo which brought her to the main tent, Jadwiga felt at first a bit confused as to what to do, waiting for one of the host to welcome her properly alongside a couple of plainclothes bodyguards standing behind here by the entrance. Looking from left to right and vice versa, she really didn’t know anyone who were currently in there, though she did receive a word prior that the Quintelians under King Ferdinand would be in attendance, so at least there was someone there one could socialize closely.

Spotting a mirror, she took a good look of herself and sort of posed: wearing a traditional yet loose and alluring attire native to Royal Seleucid, it felt appropriate and respectful to the hosts to at least show some cultural decency while at the same time adjusting one’s self to the dry and hot climate. Taking a clunk from her water bottle she kept in her bag, it wouldn’t take too long soon for the fun to begin. Jadwiga was actually interested in purchasing a few jewels for the family aside from herself, the Jewels being unmatched compared to elsewhere and naturally one would have taken the opportunity to acquire the finest of the finest, given the opportunity and budget.

“Perhaps I could find something for Napoleon…” she said commenting about her beloved horse back home she usually takes out for a ride into the wide countryside during her spare time.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2019, 10:01:14 PM »
As they found themselves at Ghulum's store Klara was rather taken a back by vast array of goods avaliable. Lodjains rather enjoyed the finer things in life but this was something else and while she was sure the quality was on par with that of Lodjain craftsman it was seeing so much in one place that made it special. Having inspected the various items the Queen made her way over to Ghulum. "I would like to commission three pieces if I may" She waited for the man to get ready to take notes. "I would like a gold necklace with some blue colours to it, maybe Sapphires? That is for Crown Princess Roksana. I'd also like a pair of matching rings one female and one male. Something low key for the man." She added. Her shopping instructions issued she turned to Næxyn "If I'm being honest I've not really had chance to sit down and adjust to being married. What with our various issues back home, a few visits and the like its hard to keep up with Leopold and Roksana at the best of times. I'd have liked to have used the Festival as a bit of a get away but sadly..." she raised her voice enough so Queen Chyrssa would overhear, "one of my citizens couldn't be trusted and so I must make a mends." She slightly lowered her voice once more, "But more importantly we're here to spend some money yes. So what exactly are you looking for? Presents? A little treat for yourself?" Klara asked in rapid succession.

Leopold was sure he had to make a good impression on Heydar and so was happy to engage in small talk, "Well in my case it was my great-great-great-great-etc-grandfather who snared her, just he never had the son he needed so I just happened to find the right piece of paper and then get lucky that the Queen in this case is rather a nice young lady." he smiled, "Speaking of nice young ladies I believe congratulations are in order for yourself, soon to be married to a new wife. An exciting time yes?" He watched then as the King disappeared off with the Emperor and seemed to be in deep discussion. "Dragan, while our host is away what do you say me, you and Prince "Zadyr here go see if we can sort the new King a wedding gift out." He motioned for the Xaeth royal to join them. "Married life is sometimes difficult. I've a wife half my age, a ball of energy and I share her with another woman." He burst out laughing, "Sounds like the thing of many mens fantasties no doubt. She's a great person but I know its Roksana she loves but I think she's coming around slowly but surely." Leopold seemed pleased with that. "How about you then? Married, girlfriend......both?" he teased. By now they'd reached one of the trainers who Leopold had noted had done well in the last few races. "So sir" he began talking to a man who looked like he was in charge, "I'm King Leopold of Lodja, this here is Prince Zadyr of Xaeth and the sunburnt gent at the end is my Finance Minister Dragan. I'd like to buy a baby camal for His Majesty King Heydar and have you train it for him, an early wedding gift. What do you say?"

Offline Admiral Taiwanpenguin

• Regional Power
  • Glory to the Revolution!
    • View Profile
    • Second Imperial Chinese Republic
  • Your Nation: 2nd Imperial Chinese Republic
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2019, 05:45:42 AM »
Emperor-Admiral Jinduming had quietly strolled through the stalls all day with one of his servants(who carried a large metal case), taking a few looks at the stalls. Not many interested him, trinkets were of no value to him and he found jewelry useless. He paused outside of his own nation's tent, a sturdy tent made of canvas, aluminum plates, and silk. Stepping inside, the first thing he immediately noticed was the dozens of jian, dao, guandao, and qiang neatly sorted along the walls and display shelves, each intricately decorated and engraved. Jinduming took a good look around, then nodded to the dragonaii manning the stall. "All going well?"
"That it has, your highness."
"Good, good. I will be back later. Dragons watch over you."
"And you, sir."

Jinduming had originally come along to mingle with the other leaders but thought better of it only after the aircraft had landed. As it would be rude to leave when they had only arrived, he decided that he would wander around until the event concluded. Let Faneris decide my fate, he had concluded.

Stepping out of the tent, Jinduming continued his aimless wandering, eventually making his way to a stall selling alcohol and proceeded to examine them, particularly a bottle of imported Bakkarmayan beer.
Best to go back to the tent and say I'm blackout drunk than deal with other monarchs, he figured, then proceeded to buy a case of assorted wines and beers, placing it in the metal case and ordering his servant to return to the tent. "I'll catch up later, let me see if they have any good tea around here."

He searched for some more time, eventually finding a nice cafe stall selling piping tea. Ordering a cup, he sat down to read his book, crossing a leg, dissocializing.

Factbook
SICRD-PAO

By the Dragons and the Emperor-Admiral, Forward!

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2019, 11:14:46 PM »
Ghulum was pleased that Aataxaris was taking an interest in the store he owned, the talking and socialisation that went along with shopping in Royal Seleucid and every store owners favourite topic was their own place. "Everything you see before you was made by my apprentices or artisans, we try and have at least ten apprentices qualify every year now we don't always get that lucky but we try. Occasionally I even put my old fingers to work and make the odd thing but the making is a young persons game and well my fat fingers don't really work so well. As for the business, well it has been in my family for at least 150 years, we're not entirely sure."  He was proud of his business and it had a long history of supplying the Seleucid royals, and now he hoped the foreign royalty of Mundus. It was then that King Lapu asked for something other than "trinkets" a word that slightly offended. "You wish to dial up the excitement?" Ghulum said rhetorcially before turning to his assistant and issuing some instructions. " We do not just make things for the body, no we also make things fit for a King's Palace." As if on cue a man came in carrying a Falcon covered in various gems and jewels, it was life size and clearly weighed a significant amount. "These on the other hand are something we are working on for King Heydar's new wife on her wedding day, lets just say you are getting a sneak peak." encassed in a cut glass case sat a pair of shoes, golden and covered in diamonds. "Each shoe is made from real gold and 236 diamonds have been used." He explained, "We're very proud of these and excited for the wedding day to see them adorn our future Queen."

Meanwhile Katerina had taken Albrecht off to find another stall, "It sounds like your young Emperor has had quiet a time of it from what you say, I'm rather pleased to hear that in some small way a piece of our nation is now a part of your history. I think it is little things like that which help two nations begin to form bonds. " She smiled as they walked between stalls, each stall holder coming out to great them. "Now I hope you're not offended, I just think as perhaps a nation with a young leader you may also be a nation to perhaps give youth a chance." She made a sharp right turn and arrived at a small tent, only half the size of those around it. A startled man no older than mid twenties quickly darted back into the tent before reappearing. "Queen Mother" he bowed and then held aside the tent flap. "Rashid" she bowed. "The young man here is a new businessman, second year in the business he was at one time the apprentice of Ghulum but having done well for himself he started his own company and now is working his way up in the world."

"With many thanks to the local Temple" Rashid said nervously, "They tend to prefer to buy their goods from those of us who are newly qualified. It helps us get a foot in the door so to speak." He had a small table set up, only a few pieces of fresh fruit and a flask of brandy sat there. "How may I be of service?" he asked.

King Leopold had taken Georgious a little by surprise, he had been busy discussing with his associates the results of the previous race. "Your Majesty" he bowed and then extended a hand. "So you wish to buy a camal? We don't get many people asking that from overseas but as everything at this festival is for sale why not. We can find a little baby camel and train it for you, make it a big strong champion, or we can sell you one already fully grown. Personally I prefer the excitement of making a champion from scratch but a gift for a King, well you may want a champion already. What would you prefer?" He asked.

With most people out at the festival grounds it fell to  Jahangir Michaelakis to welcome Princess Jagwiga. He was the Minister for Foreign Affairs through the good fortune of having been a former member of the Air Force with King Heydar. This was the first time he'd had official duties and he was looking forward to them. "Your Royal Highness" he greeted her as she entered the palace. "I am sorry to say that most people have headed out to explore, I'd be happy to have our guardsman track down Queen Chyrssa or King Leopold, I believe Chryssa is out and about in the stalls while the King is over at the camel racing. I'm afraid your only other option is to settle for me." He explained.

Louis had found his way into the company of Firdaus Hussain, the Home Affairs Minister. "Please find our guests from Nemerie some ice water and some snacks." He'd found a place on the Palace walls where they could oversee the festival grounds. "You must accept my apologise my staff are still pretty new, I've been in the job only a few weeks and while my people are all ex-military and as such very efficent they like me are not used to political intrigue. All I was told was that you wished to speak with someone regarding a project of some kind?" He thanked the servants who brought a jug of ice water and various slices of exotic fruits arranged on a tray the centre of which was a pink jelly like substance "Seleucid Delight"[1] Firdaus explained as he poured some water before pausing with the glass half full, "Or pehaps something harder?" he asked.

OOC- If I've missed you out my apologise just give me a yell via PM on Discord or something.
 1. Turkish Delight

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2019, 08:05:49 AM »
Letting Michaelakis kiss her hand, an alluring smile revealed itself on her face as the Foreign Minister told her about the circumstances regarding the company she was going to be content with. "None taken Minister Michaelakis, I've arrived quite late to the 'party' so to say and this is the brunt of the consequences for not showing up in time." Jadwiga giggled as she let her arm slide under his for him to safely escort and show her around the establishment. "You may pursue after their Majesties as to whom I would naturally like to meet, but for now I wouldn't mind hanging out with His Excellency." Her bodyguards kept themselves within a visible yet respectable distance as the couple made their way through the tent.

"So my dear good Sir, would it be possible to show me where the bazaar's located, you see I would like to acquire the finest jewelry and other goodies like those Seleucid Delights for my family, which is why I've primarily come here for, and for my horse back home in Krimeon. Oh I know we're not supposed to spoil our pets as if they were little children, but Napoleon as you may Napoleon and I stand very close, so of course he should have the best of the best." she chuckled as those words were spelled out, as the thought of her finally being in the Desert Festival wasn't still comprehensible. "Although I wouldn't mind heading over to the camel racing, it would be fun I believe to see it in person as it's quite...how should I put in...exotic I suppose? Well for someone like me coming from Krimeon where the horse among the most reputable and honored animals we like to call friends, if Krimeonite history is known among your circle that is, Minister Michaelakis."

"A fresh breed of Stallion and a Camel would suffice as well…" Jadwiga said revealing bits of the Imperial Krimeonite shopping list which meant quite a huge budget; at least it came out the Poniatowski-Esterházy's pocket money and not necessarily making the tax payers foot for the bill. Never forgetting the other priorities, Jadwiga had to also show more of her side dealing with statesmanship. "So, would you mind telling more about yourself Minister? I know what's expected of being the head of a Foreign Ministry, but I'm curious as to if there's more to the character behind it, so to say. If you wouldn't mind of course my good Sir." she asked out of eagerness curosity.

"Also, I've heard about the planned reforms going to be implemented by His Majesty, that sounds quite positive no?"

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2019, 11:10:23 PM »
"Well, we had our own Fauxpas with the Pope during the coronation." Albrecht gave a smile as they went to the new stall:

"Let's just say trying to gift a christian Saints iconry to someone who just was kidnapped by radical Christians? Not a good idea."

Strolling through he shrugged: "I still think things between us could have been easier, but timing through a wrench in between. We swore ourselves to be adopted into an  Iwi through my father, which will always be an issue standing between our nations for the foreseeable future. But as for King Heydar? I hope he is ready for me dropping the diplomatic choice of words once we get to talk between four eyes. I believe your Step Son has a once in a lifetime chance at his hand, to leave a mark on history beyond his father, and he's in danger of squandering it."

As they reached the stall, Albrecht's lips formed a grin so wide it almost burst his face off: "Quite the choice. I think this is perfect, a young man like him might have the mindset i need for what i want."

Albrecht took his seat, smiling: "I only think you shouldn't tell the Temple of what i desire. You see, Rashid. We Imperials in Uburzis do have a bit of a state coffer. And i want to use some of my allowance to have a Piece made of pure decadence and desire. Now tell me, imagine things like a jewel encrusted piece of underwear. Just in case, preferable easily adaptable in size. Whoever this is for might get out of shape but keep his treasure functional after all. Well, let's be real here. Underwear might be too much said as the idea is really that it would barely conceal much, but rather ensures it shines. Oh, and we are talking a piece for the male body."

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2019, 02:35:31 AM »
Ooc: It’s really late here, I hope I didn't mess anything or forgotten about something. If I did, pm on the forum or Discord.

@Lady Amaya:

“I understand” answered Thanasis in regards to the marriage issue. “Well, I know at least two individuals in Tamora that I believe would be a good fit for her. One is the son of a noble, a duke and the other a rich businessman who owns a local bank. Both are young, Christian and that means they are monogamous, they also have good reputations in the federated kingdom of Attica(ooc: one of the component kingdoms of Tamora). 

"I also have a good friend here in Royal Seleucid, also a duke that has a young son who he wants to marry. He would of course be Anahitaist and therefore polygamous but I was sure that won’t be much of a problem. Royal Seleucid is famous for their openness in these aspects, after all King Akakois himself had a Lodjan wife which he treated lavishly. “

“Of course this is not something that can be agreed on the spot but I would like for us to keep in touch and perhaps I could be of use to YRH on this matter in the future.”

“Since YRH has mentioned Liinaw (ooc: it not clear exactly if the Tauradelian prince actually did or if that text was entirely about his thoughts on the matter. In case he didn’t ignore that reference ) I have to say I am intrigued by that kingdom and I would appreciate if you could get me in touch with someone close to the oil and gas industry there or any of the nobles there that are perhaps interested in a foreign marriage for their daughters. “

Thanasis figured that Rolron as the younger brother of the crown prince would have many suitors for his daughter with some probably trying their luck at this very festival so he figured that he should use this opportunity to try and get some recommendations for key people in Liinaw which seem like a region of Tauredalia which was closer to the social mores of Tamora.

Not wanting to take much of the time of the Tauradelian prince since he knew he was a busy man, he waited for him to reply and see if he had some questions of his own before paying the shopkeeper for the jewels and getting ready to leave the shop provided the Tauradelian prince did not want to engage in the conversation by approaching some other subject.

@Dave:

Abbas smiled seeing that the issue of Princess Thekla’s conversion to Manism could be overcome:

“My friend, you are right to say that you can expect us to come to your defense even as things are right now. This marriage doesn’t add anything to that, what is does it is make things permanent. Jamshid, my son that will eventually succeed me, has been prepared to take the throne from a young age and will continue to be prepared until I am no longer and he takes my place. But no matter how much preparation is done, each man is different and has his own plans and ideas. As a new king I think you understand this.  With this marriage I am making sure that the Safavid - Soter relation will only improve for generations to come. "

"As far the monetary matters are concerned, I shall reduce the price of the boats by two hundred million as suggested. As for the special gift of the guardian of princess Thekla I think I have something that will fit my friend, the king of Royal Seleucid. The city of Volos in surrounded by the dukedom* of Markazi, a lot of people have moved in this province since it’s close to Volos and they can easily commute. It’s also time for Markazi to be split in two. So if you agree, then you will be duke of the newly created South Markazi. It’s an area of approx. 2 thousand square miles and has a around 1.5 mil inhabitants. Now in Tamora the duke of a region is the government of that region, the people will be paying taxes to you if they live in the unincorporated areas or the towns and small cities will be paying them to you for those that incorporated. What in other countries is called public or state property will belong to you as duke: forests, agricultural land etc. Furthermore, while a lot of the money you raise in taxes will have to be spent on the running of the government, tradition says that 10%  belong to the noble to do as he pleases. So you will have plenty of space to build anything you want, a reasonable income to build it and one and a half million people to govern so you can learn more about us.” Abbas laughed at the last part” As for the major religious site lacking in the federated kingdom of West Seleucid that is something that has bothered the people there for some time. Of course there are many temples of the Anahitaism faith since people in Tamora are free to practice their religion as they please but in West Seleucid there is a strong yearning for a major religious site for Anahitaists like the Anahita Shrine of Ipus or the Imam Ali Mosque in Altai or the Mausoleum of Alya in my Enclave. Why haven’t the members of the Anahitaist community in West Seleucid managed to have such a major religious site on the ground of West Seleucid remains a religious matter and I do not interfere in such matters, suffice to say that if you as an Anahitaist can handle the religious impediments, the title of duke of South Markazi will provide you with enough available land and money to build it. And since the lands that come with the title are just South of Volos the whole city and beyond will flock to the site should you build it. Please tell me if my proposal is worthy of the guardian of Prince Thekla.”

“There is one more issue I have to talk about. You know that I place in you the same trust I placed in your father and that I have nothing but the highest esteem for the Soter family and each of its members. Also, as Emperor of Tamora I rule over kingdoms of many faiths with different customs, I understand some people react differently and with more leniency than we Manists would do in similar circumstances. Princess Thekla would have to learn and follow our customs and our ways, naturally we understand that it will take a while for her to understand things and until she does some rules will inevitably be broken because of habit or not knowing them. We are also aware that she has a responsibility to the Soter and we will also understand that. However, there is one thing that we cannot tolerate under any circumstances and that is adultery. I know you have showed much, forgive me for saying this, too much leniency towards the Lodjan wife of HM Akakios but that was your prerogative. However, I ask you as guardian of princess Thekla to explain to her that something like that cannot happen with her and that such an affront will not be forgiven or treated with such understanding as has been the case with the Lodjan adulteress. As I said, we are willing to understand and forgive many mistakes but not something like that.”

*dukedom= assume the equivalent term of Duke in RS has been used. Since it's West Seleucid, it would use the same name for duke as in RS.

Alya followed Chryssa to the tent and she kept a low profile. With them was the Lodjan Queen for which she had little regard for both personal reasons as well as state ones. Alya focused on shopping, she politely answered to the flattery of Ghulam Raif by buying jewelry one after the other. The more he shopkeeper mentioned “great neighbouring empire” the more jewelry she bought. 

@Jaws @Libby:

Musaevna was pleased that Sofia agreed to do some shopping together and replied:

“Great then. Alisha what do you say? Are you up for some jewelry shopping?”

As soon as they stopped at the jewelry shop and asked for some jewelry to be shown, Musaevna said:

“How are things in Quintelia? I assume you are more busy than usual lately as minister of foreign affairs now that SANE has taken off and is on the headlines of most newspapers. 

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2019, 06:46:05 PM »
Melanie looked at Jared, she wanted to get the box in her possession back to her car as soon as she could, but she was unfamiliar with the festival and although she was fairly certain Rosalie could find a stall somewhere that dealt in what they were looking for, a little local knowledge could be helpful in that regard.

"Well there is one thing." Melanie said "I came here to some extent on business, I'm trying to track down some missing relics from another country that according to my information would have passed through the Midaranye region back in the late fifth early sixth century, do you know of anyone or anywhere that might be able to help with that search?"

Offline Lady Amaya

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tauredalia
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2019, 02:47:32 PM »
OOC: We'll pretend that Rolron mentioned Liinaw out loud since it does serve him.

IC:
Rolron listened to the potential matches and made a mental note to research the candidates at his leisure, especially in regards to the difference in religions. He would prefer a monogamous husband for his wife, if solely for her assured comfort, but he might consider a polygamous partner if he were enormously wealthy. "Thank you, my friend. There is much to consider for my darling daughter's future, but I will keep your offers in mind. We must exchange contact information."

In regards to the Liinawan oil families, Rolron gave him a list of nobles with close ties to the industry, though he could not remember off-hand if any of them were of marriageable age. However, he was certain they would be eager to join forces with Thanasis. "We advocated for OPEN membership, but I'm afraid that we have some small-minded, ah, politicians in our country who did not see the benefit of joining such an organization. Perhaps we could meet officially at a later date and arrange for a campaign that would highlight what OPEN had to offer," he suggested with a smile. He clasped Thanasis' hand in friendship and allowed him to leave with the promise of later business.

After Thanasis departed, Rolron turned back to his daughter and the merchant, eager to see what she had found.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2019, 10:17:10 PM »
Jahangir Michaelakis was not too comfortable with the touchy feeliness of Jadwiga It was something that wasn't really part of his culture and it seemed a little weak, not something he wanted to be perceived as being and so he was pleased when they were sat down with the coffee table between them. "I am not really sure what the King's reforms will bring yet. They are something never before seen on Mundus, a creation of a new form of democracy that puts the will of the people in the hands of those best positioned to offer guidance. We live in a world where we have seen popular policies being dished out by governments with little worry about the long term, their only concern is the next election. We must therefore put the future of our nation in the hands of those who see long term down the lines. It is an exciting time, people may be resistant to it but we shall make them see that Liquid Geniusocracy is for the good of the nation. We must cast aside the petty issues of today's society and look to build a stable Royal Seleucid. King Heydar is laying the foundations for that and with the oil money we can get flowing in the world will soon be our oyster. As for myself there is truthfully not much to tell. I am just a fortunate Air Force officer who was lucky enough to cross paths with King Heydar and from there we became friends and for some strange reason he believes I am a man capable of helping him run a country and like any officer I follow the orders of those above me and just as how a senior officer commands a man to a place on the battlefield he commanded me to wear this suit rather than a flying one and attend meetings such as this. I do miss the flying but I prefer the catering." He looked at his watch, it was coming up to midday, not really a time to be out in the open, especially for a foreigner. "Perhaps we should go visit some stalls." With that the Minister waved for a pair of guards to come with them and as they exited the Palace they pushed a way through the crowd with their voice, uniforms and as a last resort their physical bulk. Soon they were in the shade of the tents, some stall holders had stretched between the roofs of their tents lengths of bright coloured thin cloth that bathed the makeshift streets below in light of different colours while keeping out the worst of the days heat.  The Minister found a tent, it hold various leather goods hanging outside along with various trinkets. "This is Adnan, he is a fine leather worker" he was also a distant cousin, "I believe if he does not have something for your Napoleon he could well either acquire it or make it. Do you know what you desire?" He asked.

Rashid listened carefully to what Albrecht was saying and the more the man spoke the more confused the young businessman became. "Excuse me Your Highness" he said in a state of almost disbelief as the man finished speaking, "You are asking if we can make something like diamond encrusted underpants? Bejewelled boxer shorts?" He asked making sure he had understood. "I mean you must imagine this is not something that we keep in stock" he gestured around the tent, "But we pride ourselves on making anything that a client would wish, yet this is a new one." he laughed, "I suspect we could make something similar to some of the female Medallion style tops we make and use a similar technique, or maybe a gold weave introduced to say some silk?" he made various suggestions, "We would naturally need to know the size required?" He asked.

Jared meanwhile was glad to have handed the box over to Melanie he didn't want to be known as the guy with the chopped off head and it was far better it be out of his store, it was sure to bring bad luck having something so barbaric in his hands. "If you are looking for antiquities then there are two options. Go and see Jaleel, he owns the store at the far end of this row, blue tent and has a handful of Helusite swords hanging up. He is a Cultist himself so be careful. The other option is that the item has perhaps headed onto the black market. A man with connections there is Albanus Ares, he's not a Seleucid but he does have a fair few connections and I know he has a few items in his residence that are.....perhaps questionable." The man lowered his voice carefully.

Firdaus believed Prince Louis was rather more occupied with apparent flirting with his bodyguard. That was strange enough, a female in charge of protection, in Seleucid women only served in the military in a handful of roles, nurses mainly and they certainly never rose this high in the ranks. "Ah the Palm project" the Minister knew it well as it had been front page news for several weeks both in regards to the former ownership of the Stasiuk family and then how King Heydar had handed part of it to a Tamoran for a rather nice price. "Honesty in business is always important, a buyer must know exactly what he is getting shouldn't he?" the man poured himself more water. "The project is one that was designed by a Lodjain but its construction was 100% Seleucid, now should you wish to tap into that projects know how I am sure that we can make such a thing happen, after all we have several thousand experts now in creating and landscaping artificial islands. I am sure a deal could be reached where such people can be made available for your project. For the right price for sure. Do you have a price in mind, a budget to stick to or is this merely a sounding out process?"

Heydar tried hard to supress a smile as Emperor Abbas gave in to the initial offer and made a rather inflated offering in return, it lacked the sport of negotiations the Seleucid enjoyed around these occasions, clearly despite everything that kept the two nations close their idea of haggling wasn't one of them. "I will be honoured to accept your offer" Heydar said only stopping grinning when the Emperor brought up the Lodjain connection. "Emperor Abbas" Heydar said formerly, " Despite my own personal feelings towards that Oksana bitch the truth is she had a place in my fathers heart. In much the same way as I did not put down my father's hunting dogs, his falcons or his beloved carp in the Palace pool for the same reason I could not harm something he loved, no matter how misguided that love was. Imagine my father looking down on me seeing me mistreating a woman he gave an oath to the Gods towards. What would he think of his son? Had his heart not broken again knowing what my brother had done?" He shook his head but now was the point that was most important to him. "As for my sisters virtues I find it rather insulting you feel the need to compare her to a Lodjain slut. We all know the Lodjains place sexual gratification as a virtue and rut like dogs. To feel that you must remind me that my sister must not act this way.......Had I not just given my word to accept your offer I would surely be tempted to raise it now." he added his face looking stern. "I will say this. My sister is a woman well beyond the age at which she would have been married if she had been my daughter. Yet in all her years she has ever been a lady of great dignity in all things and your son will be fortunate to have her in his life if even for ten minutes." Heydar returned to a jovial smile, "It would seem then that we are to be family and so these insults must be forgotten, arguing over something that will never happen is a waste of everyone's time. Now as a show of the good faith between us I have something to ask having had your offer to become Duke of South Markazi. As you know I am to have a wedding myself soon and seeing as I intend to build a temple of sorts in my new Dukedom I would like your permission to grant my new wife the title of Duchess, I am unsure whether I could also name Chyrssa as such but she has enough titles while my new wife has none yet. Now if that is permitted we have in our faith a ceremony to mark the engagement of a man and woman, I'd like that to take place on the site where the Temple will be built. Is that possible?" he asked.

Sat in the stands watching the camel racing was Shiekh Kaveh Saab who was frustratingly throwing a losing betting slip to the floor. "I am sure that creature only had three legs" he said to his sons sat either side of him. Naqi was his heir and eldest son and he merely laughed while neatly folding his own losing slip before ripping it in half and placing it in the bin a little in front of them. The Shiekh's youngest son Gadwaat just chuckled.

"You know Father if I was Naqi I'd be worried, you'll have gambled his inheritance away before we finish today." He hadn't bet himself. He found it kind of frivolous, money was a tool and you didn't take gambles with your tools. A workman didn't risk losing his livlihood and while taking risks was an understandable part of business they were not wild leaps of faith such as his father's gambling "technique" of betting on the camel that looked like it had the biggest thighs. Perhaps it was the curse of being the youngest son, Gadwaat knew he would inherit nothing other than the good will of his elder siblings and so was always a little more cautious with money. Even back at University he would often not squander his money in the same way his wealthy classmates and even his twin sister would. Yes he was a nobleman and spent enough so everyone knew his station in life but he didn't have the flash car his friends did, instead preferring a vintage motor bike he'd found in a scrap heap and restored lovingly over his holidays. His father had even helped him, as to had Naqi, both men who loved messing about with mechanical objects and while it had cost a fraction of the price of a new superbike his father had offered to buy him he felt the pride that this was something he had built largely himself. It was a regular joke among the Saab men, they were the nobles with the calloused hands, men who liked to build and tinker. While the older generation like Kevah and his eldest sons had done so mechanically Gadwaat was doing so with modern techniques such as DNA and the human body. "What do you think they are talking about?" Gadwaat motioned over towards where the King and Emperor were talking. He had an interest in politics and saw Heydar as a hope for better for Seleucid, he was a man after all who had immediately sought to cast out the Lodjain influences and may stand a chance of patching some older wounds between the nations two faiths, something that would end the necessary evil of the Cenneg military in the South West.

"Go ask" Naqi teased his little brother. He had to stand up and stretch his legs, he was a tall man for a Seleucid and the grandstand didn't always have the best leg room. He had a walk down towards the betting stand and placed a bet on the next race before returning with some bottles of water for his brother and father. "It appears the Lodjains are buying a camel" he reported the gossip he'd heard. "Maybe that bitch Oksana is remarrying" the trio laughed as they settled to watch the next race and found themselves soon within a group of other nobles keen to watch the race in the company of Kaveh who was perhaps one of the most significant Shiekh's in the Kingdom. Despite his powers of nobility the power of the seemingly large camel thighs once more let him down and amid the laughter of his sons and friends another betting slip was thrown to the sands.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 10:33:42 PM by DaveIronside »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2019, 02:36:35 PM »
"T'was interesting to hear and thanks for sharing your inputs, Minister Michaelakis. I can only hope for the very best for Royal Seleucid and its people. Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions if you're curious enough." she said, noticing how much the former Air Force officer kept up his appearance and demeanor with a foreigner such as herself, which was understandable enough and didn't take much offense to the lack of reaffirmation on his part, considering it was part of the diplomatic protocol and all. "Well then, I suppose we can head over to the stalls, getting quite hot when it's midday. Just a reminder that my shopping list is quite extensive and varied." Jadwiga chuckled as Jahangir took a look at his watch, before accompanying him to the stalls alongside both sets of bodyguards making sure that their path remained clear.

"A privilege and pleasure to meet you master Adnan, from what I can see these fine works of leathery art are all exquisite and of great care as well as quality." she initially greeted shaking his hand, witnessing the myriad of trinkets that the tanner had on available offer. "As for my beloved Napoleon, I would like to acquire the finest saddle you currently posesses, as well as its accessories such as a saddle bag." Jadwiga couldn't wait setting her eyes and hands on one of these.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2019, 03:44:42 PM »
@Lady Amaya: Thanasis was very pleased that he got from Rolron  some contacts close to the oil industry and that he saw openness for a potential OPEN membership. He especially liked the idea of an OPEN tour and agreed to it enthusiastically.  Thanasis cared a lot about the oil industry and he was determined to make it happen. He would keep in contact with Rolron and see to it that his personal assistant tries to set up meetings with the Liinawan oil families. 

@Libby: Thanasis left the tent satisfied with what he had achieved and proceeded to go through others tents and try his luck to see if he could meet other important people. It didn’t take long until he entered one of the tents and the Simon, Achilles and Rita trio drew his attention. It was clear from a mile away that they weren’t from Midaranye and he was eventually able to determine that at least the elder man was Simon Fremen of the famous Freman family. Now Thanasis was far from an expert of the Bene Gesserit but he knew two things about them, one that they had money and connections and two: that dealing with them halal (permissible) as they say in Tamora. Thanasis didn’t know exactly just how rich Simon Fremen himself was but he had to know people with money so he decided to try and sell his pet project, the hydro dam his company was building in Zimalia:

He proceeded to first apologize for interrupting their shopping spree and then continued to politely present himself:

“ My name is Thanasis Polakis, I am the VP of OPEN and I am from neighboring Tamora.  How are you enjoying the festival?”

Thanasis greeted the three of them. He couldn’t help but wonder if Rita was one of those women bodyguards that the BG were so famous of having and which seemed so weird to Thanasis and most Tamorans. However, this was an international festival and weirdness was all over: women bodyguards, princesses that had two husbands and to top it all off, the were Lodjans present.

“I have to say I have watched a lot news on TINS about the developments happing in Kaitaine and I pleased to see your government is gaining ground each day.” Which was true, the BG and the Theocracy was often featured on TINS and other Tamoran stations.

After giving the three a chance to reply he proceeded:

“I apologize for my bluntness but I just had a meeting canceled with one law firm that had a global presence on Mundus . You wouldn’t happen to know any law firm that could help me promote an investment opportunity I have in Zimalia? I am looking for international investors and going through a law firm is much easier since there is a lot of hassle with different tax systems, laws etc. “

@Dave:
Abbas didn’t not feel intimidated by Heydar’s annoyance with the request that princess Thekla should be warned that adultery is heavily punished in Tamora. As far as he was concerned it needed to be said so in case the princess did commit the unthinkable the fallout that would ensure would not take the Soters by surprise.

As Heydar moved on and asked about the naming his second wife as duchess and holding the ceremony of engagement on the site that the temple will be built, Abbas faked concerned and kept silence for a couple of seconds before replying:

“On one condition: that me and my First Wife can attend as simple observers the ceremony between you and the soon to be Duchess of South Markazi” as he said that he smiled showing that there were no hard feelings over Haydar’s comments. He added the phrase “simple observers” not just out of modesty but because taking an active role in a non Manist ceremony was something that neither him nor his wife would agree to do. He also wanted to attend not just out of simple flattery but as to “force” Haydar to attend the wedding of Princess Thekla when the time came.

“Very well then, it would seem that history has been made today. There is a lot of work ahead not only with the wedding but also the details that will have to iron out between our governments in regards to the construction of the ships. I do not want to keep you any longer, friend as the other guests, especially the Lodjans, might think we are conspiring against them.” He said joking.

In other countries details between governments might have meant necessary approvals but in Tamora and Royal Seleucid, governments simply executed the commands of their sovereigns.   

After waiting for Haydar to reply and see if he had other questions, Abbas left the room and returned to the where the camel race was taking place and where most of the guests where. For the moment he didn’t seem interested in approaching anyone and simply pondered at the deal he had made. The first hurdle, getting Heydar to agree. had been overcome though perhaps the price paid might be considered too high for some. Now a new hurdle would need to be addressed, the fallout that such a marriage would mean back home but he was confident that he will overcome that too. He took his phone out and sent a simple message in Parthian to his first wife, Alya: “It is done” informing her that the deal went through. He knew that just as him Alya couldn’t care less about the price involved.

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2019, 07:51:39 PM »
Næxyn listened patiently to Queen Klara, nodding as she mentioned the scandal with Oksana. It was good that the Lodjains recognized such behavior as unacceptable, but it was a pity that a girl so young had to deal with the fallout of such a thing. "Ah, well that is the Sovereign's Curse. I must admit that in some ways I am blessed to have been a second daughter; ruling a nation is as much a burden as a privilege," Næxyn said with a smile, "As to why I am here... Well, no proper Xæthoon woman would attend such a festival and not buy something for herself. Though I am looking for a gift for my great niece's birthday come September." Then the older Princess lowered her voice, "And, if I am to tell the truth, I thought perhaps it best to socialize with the ruling class of Royal Seleucid and Tamora. We haven't had the best of relations in modern history, and things have chilled even further since my great niece ascended to the throne."

---

"It certainly is a... different married life than what one would find in Xæth," Prince Zadyr said to Leopold, even as he thought about the fact that aside from the other spouse being a woman, it truly wasn't all that different. Though the Prince stiffened a bit at the King's 'Married, girlfriend... both?' joke, but he forced himself to respond with a laugh anyway, "I am married. Have been to Princess Næxyn, Her Imperial Majesty's great aunt, for nearly three decades now."

Zadyr inwardly winced as Leopold introduced him as a Prince of Xæth; he was Prince of Vaalirn, one of the small Queendoms in the north of the Most Serene and Celestial Empire, but he wasn't about to publicly embarrass a foreign King consort by pointing the mistake out in front of others.

---

"A century and a half is quite impressive to have stayed in the same business so long; my family has been in the gem business for only slightly loner ourselves," Aataxaris said to Ghulum with a smile, "Although we Adaras are in the considerably dirtier business of dredging the stones up from the ground, as opposed to molding them into art." And as Ghulum decided to show off for King Lapu Aataxaris was unable to conceal with amazement, "I do have to admit Mr. Ghulum, the artisans you have working under you truly are masters of their craft. Or at the very least well on the path to mastery."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2019, 09:12:07 PM »
Adnan rubbed his beard for a moment or two. "Your Highness we have a slight issue with that request." he addressed Jadwiga . "You see us Seleucid are not massively familiar with horses, they are not as suited to the desert here as the camel. Now had you arrived asking for beautiful saddle for a camel then that would have been little issue I could have sent you leaving here with majestic goods, however a horse saddle is a little more challenging." He turned and yelled to a young boy who arrived struggling to carry a saddle made of dark brown leather. It was monogrammed in one corner with gold and its fixtures shone in silver and gold. The stitching was even done in gold. "That is for a customer of mine as a reward for one of his trainers over at the camel racing. We can make something similar for you by changing the design slightly. Maybe embossing your families coat of arms into the leather maybe?" He suggested his designers mind beginning to run wild.

Ghulum was pleased with Aataxaris' words. "150 years is not as long as some but I think it gives us a very solid start."Perhaps we can get down to discussing what we can put these artisans to work making for you. Perhaps something that screams Xaeth, some kind of animal statute, a piece of jewellrey for that special person in your life? Maybe even something as a treat for yourself, I mean if royals can't indulge themselves as a reward for all the work guiding their nation then who can." He was keen to make a sale, the more high profile customers he could claim to have served the higher his reputation in his homeland, and hopefully aboard.

Heydar was pleased with how things had gone, a new title, some work for the dockyards and his singleton sister arranged for a good marriage. All in all even if the festival ended now it had been a good day so far. He made his way back towards those enjoying the racing, it would be time for lunch soon and he could see a black SUV had arrived a sure signal that sustenance was on its way. He stood with his guests track side watching a race before noticing that his step-Mother Queen Yanna was lurking as though looking for someone. Servants were busy setting up a table and spreading thick white linen table clothes and putting out a spread of food, various salads, pastries, triangular sandwiches and other delicacies. "Step-Mother" he smiled and raised a hand so Yanna could see him. She strode over and he pulled her to one side. "I have some good news I have just concluded a negotiation for Thelka's marriage."

Yanna's face dropped, she wasn't aware that Heydar was even in negotiations, "With whom, you never asked me." She protested.

"Lower your tone" Heydar hissed, "I am King and if I want Thelka to marry a donkey breeder she will do so with a smile on her face." Yanna looked nervously at the sand. "Luckily you know I love my sister and I wouldn't dream of marrying her to just anyone. She is to be a Princess of two worlds, she will marry Prince Jamshid of Tamora and bring out two Kingdoms even closer together." There was a visible relaxation in Yanna's body language, it was a fantastic marriage and Yanna knew it was one that was a wise political one too, having heard the news it was hard to be upset. "I think you should go and thank the Emperor for what he is doing for your daughter." Yanna nodded.

"But first I have something for you." She turned and motioned towards the SUV, a sunglass wearing guardsman opened the doors. A young woman wearing a white pair of trousers and lightweight white jacket stepped out and thanked the guardsman before striding down the hill towards them. "I believe you should meet your future wife away from the prying eyes of the media." The King had kept the press away from the camels knowing it was where he intended to relax. "Heydar, may I present Miss Haniyah Michelakis" she took hold of the girls hand as Haniyah went down onto two knees in front of Heydar, her eyes at the ground.

Heydar was impressed. He'd seen pictures of her in the media and knew she was beautiful, but in person her beauty was even more apparent, Chyrssa had made a good match for him and he was pleased so far. "Please" he offered a hand and helped her up. "I am delighted to meet you" he said as he took her hand and lead her back towards the others. "Gentleman it seems that while my luck on the track has deserted me I am the luckiest man on Mundus. This lady is the future Queen of Royal Seleucid, Haniyah." he said proudly. "In a few weeks time we shall marry, but not before visiting my new Dukedom in Tamora. I am proud to say myself and Seleucids friend Emperor Abbas have concluded negotiations for Princess Thelka to marry Prince Jamshaid. A great day bringing two nations closer than ever." He waited for his new wife to say hello to everyone before inviting them up for lunch. Heydar sat next to his future wife sharing conversation with her in quiet whispers trying to enjoy some private moment with her while in full view of the world.

Yanna was left to act as host as they sat on the comfortable folding chairs that had been erected for the luncheon. She'd left word that others over in the main festival grounds should come and join them if they wished and she revelled in pouring drinks, suggesting dishes and leading the conversation.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2019, 11:25:56 PM »
Melanie thanked Jared and then headed back to where she'd parked her car, it was her vehicle of choice for archaeological expeditions and given where she'd expected to be heading after this festival it was suitable to have the car there, but then she'd been handed that box by Jared, she put it in the back of the car and locked it before leaning against the side of the vehicle.

"You look like you need a pick me up." Rosalie said coming over with some bags "Want me to help?"
"I wish." Melanie said
"So what's up?" Rosalie asked
"That thing I went and picked up" Melanie said "It's complicated."
"How complicated?" Rosalie asked
"Huge." Melanie said, she glanced at the bags "Anything good?"
"Some books, a small painting and something for your birthday." Rosalie said
"Ok." Melanie said, knowing better than to ask anything further "There's one more person I want to talk to, see if we can drum up any leads from him."
"Who?" Rosalie asked
"He's called Jaleel and he's a Cultist." Melanie said
"You shouldn't have any problem then." Rosalie said

Melanie smiled and walked back towards the festival tents, heading for Jaleel's while also mentally making plans for what she'd have to do next.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2019, 05:59:19 PM »
"May I?" she asked wanting to take a closer look at the camel saddle. It didn't take too long for a smile to form itself on the mouth, as Jadwiga felt the leathery material and the weight didn't bother her at all, touching it at different corners and angles to have a feel for it and whether it would be good to sit on or not: it certainly didn't disappoint from the looks of it. "I have to say the quality of this leather is extradordinary my good Minister, and I wouldn't mind having the family coat of arms embossed though it would be great to add our words as well, 'Veritas Vincit'." she told him, which meant 'Truth Prevails' in Latin.

Already starting to feel that a bit of rest might do for the moment before proceeding on with the shopping spree, a sense of relief and gratitude came about as soon as travelling words reached her ear about celebrating marriage announcements. "I suppose Minister Michaelakis that I could join the royals for quick bite and a lovely chat? The delicacies, jewelry and that potential camel can wait, I'm sure there's still time for that unless you insist otherwise." With that said, she made her way to the Seleucid King and the future Queen, wondering about the newer events that would suddenly pop up.

"Greetings...I heard that congratulations are in right order this time around?" she said.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2019, 10:11:42 PM »
Jaleel's tent wasn't really as slickly laid out as the majority of those around the site. It was a maze of stacked boxes, piles of cloth and pieces of what looked like junk. To Jaleel though it was like a wondrous maze of history. He knew where every single item was in the haphazard looking chaos. It had taken him close to a decade to amass items as numerous as this and while he was happy to see the items come and go he was always trying to maintain his level of stock. He was merrily categorising a recently acquired wooden box full of rare coins when he heard he flap open and a woman walked in. "Hello Miss" he said as he put the lid down on his box leaving three stacks of coins in front of him. "Welcome to my emporium" he said sweeping his hands around the seemingly random piles of mess that cluttered every corner of the tent.

Back over at the camel racing Heydar was enjoying getting to know his wife to be. He thanked Jadwiga, the recent arrival, for her best wishes. He looked around the table, there were representatives from several nations who had minimal dealings with the Royal Seleucid people before and this was ideal. "I must admit that I have ulterior motives for inviting the international community here this year beyond enjoying your company. You see this year marks our third anniversary of one of the darkest days in our nations history. My father lost control of the nation for roughly a week as military traitors sought to rid our nation of our Cult of Helus worshipping minority. Soon my sisters, nephews and nieces found themselves the......guests....of an East Moreland Special Forces team as troops from Achkaerin and East Moreland began evacuations of the Cultists. Some 250,000 were sadly murdered. The only way to get the Morelanders and Achkaerin forces out and my family back was to allow the Cennegslaig military to effectively assume a peacekeeping role in the Cultist areas. Its a situation that we are ashamed of but we can not erase, but things have changed. My father is gone and I am determined that such matters shall not happen again." He topped up everyone's wine.

"With that in mind I have a favour to ask, perhaps you would consider it a wedding present to me." He gripped his future wife's hand warmly. " You see I believe there is no need for the Cenneg to be here now and the terms of our agreement state should the Cenneg military leader be convinced, along with a Cultist representative that the region is safe then the Cenneg can return to their homeland. I would like to invite each of you to send a representative or a team to go and tour the Protectorate and report to the Cenneg military what an independent observer believes. Additionally if any of you have a Cultist Priestess you wish to send over as part of this team it would be greatly appreciated." He sat back waiting to hear people's responses.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2019, 10:50:01 PM »
Albrecht took his time discussing with Rashid - this was not to be rushed:

"I think the medallion is a wonderful idea. Using titanium or gold chains would allow us to change size if necessary."

Albrecht fingers whisked through empty air, painting an imaginary shape for the item: "I can see this working with or without additional underwear."

He took a look around the tent: "I am sure you are more than capable to achieve such task. Maybe imagine it more like a girdle? that could make the crafting process easier while allowing more variables in size."

Albrecht leaned back, starring into an unknown distance as the image shaped in his mind, slowly but steady his smile widened as his eyes narrowed. He slightly bit his lower lip before snapping back to the present location:

"I don't think diamonds would be the best choice here though, if we go with gold we need some stones that can shine against it, though nothing to cheap. Maybe emeralds?" he tilted his head: "Though Jade might work as well."

He took a glance at Katrina: "You really brought us to the right stall, your Highness."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2019, 11:04:16 AM »
Jadwiga couldn't believe what she'd just heard from Heydar's mouth and simply shook her head. Even if she wasn't terribly surprised, she always desired that festivities would be spared the intrigues of politics and scheeming. In the end, it was clearly a waste of time to entertain the notions of this wanna-be King and clearly planned to head back into the market area. The Iwi may have not been perfect, but the Crown Princess considered them to be much more honorable in any case. "I'm sure His Majesty is more than aware enough that unlike in your country, the Imperial Family's power has been entirely delegated to the People and it's through them I represent their interests and the country's, thus there's no authority found within myself to do such as thing."

Finishing her drink, Jadwiga soon found herself back in Jaleel's tent and wished to continue the shopping spree. "So Jaleel, mind taking me through your finest wares...which ones would you recommend I bring home as souvenirs?"

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2019, 06:30:47 PM »
Næxyn and Aataxaris were busy in Ghulum's tent when they received word that they should reconvene with King Heydar. Aataxaris found it a pity; he felt in his element here speaking of gems and jewelry and business. It was a shame to leave and return to the world of politics and royalty; he might have married an Imperial Princess but he had always done what he could to stay as uninvolved in politics as he could. Aataxaris did plan on returning here after they were finished, but for the moment the pair bid farewell and made their way to King Heydar. Zadyr was already seated when they arrive and they quickly made their way to seat themselves beside him, with Næxyn in the middle and flanked by each of her husbands. There was a short back and forth in Xæthoon as they caught each other up to speed before Prince Næxyn smiled and congratulated Heydar on his upcoming marriage. But once again she had to marvel inside at the backwardness of it all. Monogamy? Monogamy she could understand in a way. But a man with several wives? All it did was allow a man to indulge in his baser urges, which was the exact opposite of what most men needed.

Then as Heydar spoke up about his 'ulterior motives', Næxyn chuckled under her breathe. Of course a newly crowned King would have an ulterior motive; most monarchs weren't interested in simply having a nice chat with foreign leadership. And this was a chance for Heydar to truly cement his place on the throne; being forced to allow foreign soldiers to operate with impunity on your soil was a humiliation of the highest degree possible. If Heydar managed to get the Cennegslaig to leave no Seleucid would question him. The Princess wondered if anyone would take him up on his offer, aside from the Tamorans of course. She had no doubt that Abbas would be more than willing despite the futility of it; Næxyn couldn't imagine the Cennegslaig commander caring about the opinion of a Tamoran repesentative.

She looked to her side at both of her husbands, wondering what they were thinking. Zadyr was deep in thought, probably thinking much the same thing as she was if she was to be honest. Meanwhile she had to stifle a chuckle at Aataxaris and how his eyes had practically glazed over. She had no doubt that he just wanted to finish eating and head back to the festival, and she felt for him. But they had just arrived, and it might not be a formal banquet or anything of the like but leaving so soon would still be rude.

"That is quite the request, Your Majesty," Næxyn said diplomatically, "Unfortunately, I am not in quite the position to send anyone myself. However, I would gladly pass the message along to Empress Ælirn." She'd refuse of course, Næxyn thought, one could be friends with the Maori or one could be friends with the Seleucids. And her grand niece had already chosen with whom she wanted to pursue friendship. But Næxyn would still ask.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2019, 10:41:50 PM »
Melanie smiled at Jaleel and started browsing the tent a little, she had two reasons for doing this firstly that after her little adventure with Jared she needed time to calm down and get her mind back to what she'd came here for, the second reason was because she was impressed with the collection of items in this tent, it had everything it seemed from books to swords, to amulets it all made her smile.

"Quite the collection you have here sir." Melanie said admiring a sword that rested on a stand before keenly reading the spinal covers of a few of the books, she suddenly felt like she was rumaging through an antiques fair rather than a festival in a foreign land, she turned to Jaleel "Sorry I get a little carried away when I come across objects like this, must be the archaeologist part of me. I'm mainly looking for records, transcripts, accounts and artefacts from the fifth century from the Midaranye area, I'm trying to track something down and I'm hoping to find items that can assist me in my search. But that said I'm also an archaeologist and a historian so what have you got in the way of interesting items? I've got a friend's birthday coming up and she's got a fascination with the past same as me."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2019, 09:54:06 PM »
Heydar was disappointed, first the weakling royals of Krimeon couldn't give him the help he requested, and then the Xeath royals were happy to pass the buck which was something that Heydar suspected was going to be a "no".  The King was convinced that to get the Cenneg to see his point of view they'd need to have a few nations onside and it seemed the King wouldn't be getting that. He hid his disappointment and simply stood up and looked around, "I see." he said. "Well thank you for your consideration now I'm afraid me and my future wife here have family we need to see." He helped Haniyah to her feet and joined by Chyrssa made his way back towards one of the SUV's leaving the others at the race track. "Spineless whores" Heydar mumbled to himself as the vehicle headed back towards the Palace.

Adnan was naturally delighted to see Princess Jadwiga return it would mean a hefty payday. He spent the next half an hour laying out various necklaces, rings, ear-rings and most importantly saddle bags, reigns and even cushions designed for carriages with gold thread stitching. He was more than happy to take as long as required for a sale, after all selling just one or two items would mean the festival was more than worth his time, and he publicity would be even better. He waited for her to make her choice and then naturally the haggling began, a favourite past time of the Seleucid merchants.

Jaleel liked the fact he had a chance to show off his collections. It wasn't very often that many people came into his tent a combination of the haphazard piles and the mans semi eccentric manner. "My dear Lady you have come to the right place every item I poses is interesting, be it rare books from Abydos, some urns from Clyseries, scrolls from old libraries in Vanora I have it all. Now if your looking for an item for a friends birthday you want something that she can see daily no." He casually flipped a pile end over end and lifted a box up and placed it on the table. He carefully slid the lid off to reveal a hand drawn map of Mundus, "This is dated from the 16th Century, made by a member of that strange group called the Horseman of Jekar. See here" he pointed to the little drawings surrounding the nations, creatures of many kinds native to their homeland, it was strange that next to East Moreland where people would have expected to see a Honeybadger a Black Bear stood. "Imagine, a nice frame." he scanned the walls and picked a gold gilded example off a hook and checked it for size. "Then imagine on your friends wall, a living piece of history displayed as a sign of your friendship." He suggested.

Rashid meanwhile was talking pants, golden ones at that. It was a job that he'd not done before but he was sure he could get Albrecht's one completed. "I think we can deliver in maybe two days." Rashid said, they had most of the composite bits and pieces to make the design the way that Albrecht wanted it was just a case of fashioning the package together. "Perhaps if you can tell us where you are staying we can have the item delivered?" he asked happy that a custom piece was once more finding its way to a foreign royal.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2019, 08:14:18 PM »
Melanie looked at the map Jaleel was suggesting, it was very good and very appropriate considering who it was intended for. She half smiled at the black bear standing on East Moreland, it seemed there was another bond across the Illumic that she hadn't considered before - the East Moreland black bear and then across the channel the Seaforth golden bear. Funny how the world had little intricacies like that. She looked at Jaleel.

"A very impressive piece I'm sure my friend will appreciate it. I'll take it in a frame like that thank you." Melanie said, she watched as Jaleel put the map down and then wandered over to a small bookshelf where she picked up a particularly weighty book bound with black leather she looked at the spine of it "Fifth century iconography, it may have been mainly a ceremonial written language by that point but I'd know it anywhere." she could see there were two others like it "I'd like to take these three books and that box of Vanoran scrolls." she turned back to Jaleel taking a small notebook from her pocket and now writing something, she tore the small page out and handed it to the Seleucid man "My number let me know if you ever come across anything with a mysterious story or something really interesting. By the way my name's Melanie. So how much do I owe you for these items?"   

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2019, 09:06:35 PM »
Albrecht smiled: "In my Airship. I doubt you'll be able to Miss that. Though i'm not sure how long i'll be able to stay, i'll have to exchange unpleasantries with your King that both of us probably wish we wouldn't have to talk about the next days."

He leaned back: "Make it Fancy."

Albrecht would then proceed to pick up the other item he had held back earlier, and finish the day. He had to prepare for meeting heydar.