Author Topic: In the Pursuit of Clout  (Read 2227 times)

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neo Quywe Federation
In the Pursuit of Clout
« on: June 10, 2019, 10:04:01 AM »

King Lapu of Quintelia

When the ministers and advisers speak of making international contacts, Quintelia tends to be mentioned quite often. And hopefully with good reason. The Neo Quywe Federation as it stands maintains few connections to the outside world; as the issues of the greater Mundus political sphere are not ones the NQF takes interest in.

However, it is good to be on cordial terms with some.

Hence, we invite His Majesty King Lapu to the city of Rokkou in the NQF for what we believe will be a productive negotiation session.

Signed,
Brilliant Speaker Junko Kamaejikawa
Leader of the new Quywe people
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 03:14:17 PM by tama »
something funny or offensive here

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
Re: In the Pursuit of Clout
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 05:45:24 PM »
OFFICIAL LETTER FROM THE PALACE OF QUINTELIA

The New Quywe Federation is a nation notorious for crime in the popular media, however, I personally think that there's more to NQF than that. Therefore, I accept your invitation and arrive as soon as possible. If it is possible, please prepare a few bottles of your traditional alcoholic beverages for me to try. I look forward to our meeting and may the God/s bless you.

Truly Yours,

King Lapu

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 06:25:16 PM »
Upon Junko's creation of a new government from the ashes of economic collapse, the Brilliant Speaker commissioned a train for use in diplomacy. Loaded up with enough expensive gadgets to keep someone else's VIPs entertained until they could be brought to nearest governmental palace. "I haven't seen those interns come back here since we left SDK." Muire remarked idly, watching hyperway nodes fly by along the rail, red LEDs and antennae guiding the train through Myouga's thick forests. "Doing a good job keeping King Lapu and the gang entertained I hope." Ohmura said, disinterested. "Fortunately I'm not on an internship to talk with people." He said, pulling a small curved knife from the inside of his glove before promptly sliding it back into place.

"Not a job I envy either, anyways, I'll go let them know we're close." Muire said, disappearing behind the door to the adjacent car. With a stiff, professional conduct, Muire appeared before King Lapu's delegation and the interns speaking with them. "Your Majesty." She announced to them curtly. "Please prepare to disembark. We are quickly approaching our stop."

The interns looked back and forth between each other and Muire in silence. "We are expecting rain." She began, opening a cabinet where everyone's coats were hanging. Quickly she shuffled them around, picking out King Lapu's and removing the plastic cover. "Your jacket, Your Majesty." She held the jacket out for Lapu to easily slip on.

Surrounded by men and women in all black suits, Junko sat patiently with an umbrella being held over her head for her. For today's meeting, she figured to don her best Himeyan-style dress. A bright crimson silk with complex patterns in gold and silver thread. The train's approach was her cue to tuck her phone away somewhere it couldn't be seen, and stand up to meet her guests.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 04:57:50 AM »
King Lapu traveled along with the Minister of Trade and Industry Miguel Ibaņez and a few helpers. "Weather's been all around the place this time, huh?" King Lapu remarked as Muire helped him wear a jacket. "At least it's not a blizzard." He joked as the train skid to a stop and the Himeyans led him out of the train cabin. "Speaker Junko, nice to meet you." He held out his hand to be shaken. "Don't mind the sword, it's ceremonial. However, please do accept my thanks for inviting me. Now, shall we begin our discussion or shall we have a short tour first?" King Lapu asked, as he fixed his sword.

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 04:35:14 AM »
Junko hesitated at Lapu extending his hand, but took it regardless. Foreigners were much more partial to casual skin contact, after all. She then folded her arms back into her dress. "The day is blessed, you shall be joining us in Awaji, the Scarlet Palace for a day and night of indulgence before the talks begin."  With an umbrella still being held over her head, the Brilliant Speaker joined King Lapu's side while the Phoenix Guard turned their backs. "To keep you standing out in the rain is an insult not only to you, but to my people as well! I simply won't allow it! Come, the motorcade is just down these stairs." She exclaimed, leading slightly ahead of the Quintelian delegation.

The train station had been entirely closed off in anticipation of King Lapu's arrival, though the myriad of electronic displays were intentionally left on. Printed against the glass walls of the shelters was a map tracking in real time every civilian train in the Himeyama Administrative Zone. In the usual late night mist of Rokkou, holographic flower petals danced overhead. On the tiled street below, a line of jet black cars sat; a pair of sedans awaited the delegation with doors open.

"Not my preferred method of transport, but it's a quick drive. I promise." The Speaker grinned, motioning Lapu towards one car, Miguel and the other Quintelians being directed to the other.

Being a residence to Rokkou's own administration as well as catering to foreign and other domestic officials, Awaji is alive at all hours of the day. While the kitchen at night was a skeleton crew meant to fix up snacks in a hurry, all hands had been summoned to prepare a feast in the Quintelians' honor. Many of Ahkabnil and Himeyama's most famous dishes were being pushed out at blinding speeds; along with Quywe renditions of Quintelian classics like adobo and crispy pata, to varying degrees of authenticity.

"Is it worth it, do you think?" Grand Treasurer Renji Yokoshima inquired, turning his head only slightly towards Grand Auditor Honoka Tatsuhira. "Which? The pursuing of foreign relations or staying up this late for it?" Renji grinned, as though Honoka had just told a joke. "Having a feast this late into the night, have you never been told it puts on weight?" The Grand Auditor scowled in response. Renji chuckled to himself. "These Quintelians will help fill our coffers nicely with the floodgates of trade opened! With that, you could buy yourself a whole gym!"

Still not turning to face each other, Honoka raised a hand to the Grand Treasurer's mouth. "You seem quite proud of your tongue. I'd suggest you learn when not to use it if you value it. You are, after all, the least of the Four Serpents." Renji laughed. "That can change, what of the Azure Dragon of Haruna? He's already making waves in the Temple of the Voice." Glancing down at her watch, the Grand Auditor motioned for Renji's silence once more. "The Brilliant Speaker's arrival is nigh; let us go out to meet them."

Under the great arch of the Scarlet Palace, with a large shrine bell suspended by thick ceremonial ropes; the motorcade slowed to a halt. The black sedans carrying the delegates were promptly vacated while the rest of the motorcade drove off. "Welcome to my home in Rokkou, Your Majesty." The Brilliant Speaker said proudly, rallying the Quintelians towards her with a wave of her finger. The Grand Auditor and Treasurer descended the flight of stairs to meet their counterparts. Renji put on a wide grin, his thick ponytail swaying to the sides as he walked.

"Your Majesty, King Lapu of Quintelia himself! It is the greatest pleasure." He finished with a deep bow. With a haughty grace, he reached for something behind his back and presented it to King Lapu. A fountain pen of gold, with inscriptions made in Baybayin and inlaid with onyx. "The first of many gifts for you, Your Majesty." Renji said with a proud smile. "And you as well, Mr. Ibaņez." Honoka glared at Renji disapprovingly, having audaciously taken the initiative. "Come, let's get back out of the rain. And worry not, Your Majesty. We have enough liquor to bring down even the hardiest of men!" Junko said, leading everyone inside.

Being lead through the Scarlet Palace, everyone the Quintelians passed fell to their knees in respect. With the exception of Grand General Ianaha Hasaenori, who exchanged a brief greeting with them before disappearing out the front door. "Strange woman, where is she off to now!?" Honoka quietly hissed into Junko's ear. "Hasaenori has been busying herself with much as of late, it's truly unfortunate she could not join us. I believe she has business in Shidarekawa." The Grand Auditor groaned dramatically. "But of course."

Through a curtain of crimson silk and silver thread; the Quintelians and their Quywe counterparts were met with the sight of a grand table, sitting low against the ground but easily as long as a small house. The scent of a kitchen hard at work overwhelmed them. "The feast will begin shortly. Please take the near side of the table." Junko said, motioning the Quintelians towards a set of cushion seats on the ground. Overhead, countless paper lanterns and abstract sculptures carved out of wood dangled at varying lengths. The room itself had a warm, dim glow to it that would make any feel welcome.

With the Quywe seated at opposite sides of the table from the Quintelians, the Brilliant Speaker summoned a steward and sent him off with a few words. "Now, we can't blame you if you don't wish to do business now. After all, it's a long flight all the way up here. But, if there is anything you'd like to ask now, feel free to do so." Junko said with a warm smile, the Grand Auditor and Treasurer making small talk with the other delegates.