Author Topic: A Very Tytorian Royal Wedding  (Read 7968 times)

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
Re: A Very Tytorian Royal Wedding
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2019, 06:01:50 PM »
The king led Serenity over to the prime minister's seat by he dance floor with a slight smile on his face.  He knew Thatcher would welcome the interruption; he'd been keeping an eye on her, and she'd been growing more and more uncomfortable with each moment away from her job.  Sure enough, Thatcher practically leapt to her feet at their approach.  "Madame Prime Minister," the king said graciously, "Allow me to introduce Crown Princess Serenity of the Holy Empire of Achkaerin, here visiting for the wedding.  Your Highness, this is Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher of the Kingdom of Tytor."

Thatcher gave an awkward sort of abbreviated bow.  "How do you do, Your Highness?" she said as the king slipped politely away, leaving the two women to their discussion, "It's good to finally meet you, after all I've heard said to your benefit."

Mere moments later, the king had stopped briefly at one of the food tables to join his granddaughter, Princess Elizabeth, in choosing a lemon bar when Beatrice appeared behind him.  "Ah, Your Majesty, it is good to see you here," he said in a slightly wistful voice, "It has been a fine day so far."  He stopped, evidently having noticed how he was sounding.  "Forgive my tone; I really am quite happy for Charles.  It's just... I guess I'm about as close to being an empty-nester as royalty ever truly gets, and it certainly feels like the end of an era."  He chuckled a little at himself before continuing.  "Have you met my granddaughter Elizabeth?  She's George's oldest, and accordingly the second in line for the throne after him.  Elizabeth, this is Empress Beatrice of Rokkenjima."  Elizabeth didn't immediately respond; she'd just taken a bite of her lemon bar, and she knew better than to talk with her mouth full.
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2019, 10:20:43 PM »
"Very well Prime Minister. Still getting used to the leg but that's probably to be expected." Serenity said her eyes noticing that Astrid and Lisa were still canvassing opinions, Isaac had probably allowed them to keep at it, still it kept them out of mischief "Good to meet you as well. I was just commenting with King Michael that there hasn't really been any bi-lateral dialogue between Achkaerin and Tytor, something I think we both found slightly surprising."

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2019, 12:30:20 AM »
"Really?" Thatcher asked, startled momentarily out of her usual professional attitude, "Why on earth not?  I... well, I'm sure we can arrange something.  In fact, if I had my planner with me I could propose a preliminary time right now, but I think I must have left it at the office."  Thatcher stopped, realizing that she was rambling somewhat, and then sighed and gave a small chuckle.  "But since that's out of my hands at the moment, Your Highness, how are you enjoying the festivities?"
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2019, 08:39:20 PM »
OOC - sorry this took a while

"Well let me put it like this Prime Minister." Serenity said "I much prefer being the guest at these things than I did on my own wedding day when I was the bride, talk about stressful experiences, I find being the guest to be more enjoyable because you get to experience it rather than effectively being the host, though I'm not sure whether I was more worried about the day itself or not knowing what my brother had arranged for Isaac's stag night the previous evening. Still I wouldn't change it for the world, well letting my brother pick the bridal music perhaps"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2019, 07:02:13 AM »
"I must say, I can relate in a manner. It's wonderful to see Adriana and Lucius grow yet the thought of them venturing out...time may pass more slowly and I'd have no complaints." Beatrice paused, "I don't believe I've had the honours," she said, bowing to Elizabeth so as to allow her time to enjoy her lemon bar. "We're such close neighbours it's amazing we've rarely taken the opportunities afforded to us to take advantage."

"One of these days I'll have to invite you all for some sailing in the Rokkenjima Sea, it's quite lovely this time of year."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis