Author Topic: Hassfurt invite to Nya Aland  (Read 2808 times)

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Hassfurt
Hassfurt invite to Nya Aland
« on: August 13, 2020, 10:49:42 PM »

AN INVITATION TO NYA ALAND

To:- Head Gothi Stein Ulfsson

As you may be aware in a recent speech Queen Karin identified Odinism as one of the multiple faiths on Mundus which the Oracle's believe share some common matters with Dualism. As such Her Majesty believes that the best chances for diplomatic successes come from meeting those with a cultural similar foundation. This means we would like to invite you to come and meet with the Dual Monarchs at the Palace of the Two in Codillia. It is our hope that some arrangement in some way similar to those made with East Moreland could help both our people.

I hope this is an offer either you or a representation from your country can accept.

Best Regards

King Jonas of Hassfurt

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
Re: Hassfurt invite to Nya Aland
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 11:07:12 PM »

To:- Their Royal Majesties King Jonas and Queen Karin

We are delighted to receive your invitation and are keen to take up the offer of visiting your country. I will be visiting in person and will be accompanied by our Foreign Minister Birgid Strand. I look forward to seeing your nation and learning more about your unique culture.

May Odin Bless You.

Stein Ulfsson
Head Gothi

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 10:04:04 AM »
The Palace of the Two was the home supposed to be shared between the two monarchs. It was in effect two homes connected by a series of shared facilities like kitchen, ballroom and things. It permitted each of the King and Queen to host activities and business but when as a nation they had state functions they could come together. King Jonas was still having the finishing of decoration of his own private rooms. His former King, Philip, had been very minimalistic something Jonas put down to the man being a sailor in the navy. Jonas though enjoyed the more nicer things in life but with a modern twist. The communale areas of the Palace would host the meeting with the Alander but the chance to have a good look at the progress meant Jonas was happy to spend the day here. "The couch should face the window." Jonas instructed a Palace staff member who was helping decorate and now took hold of one end of the sofa. He had expected someone at the other end but no one was present as everyone was busy and rather surprisingly Jonas hefted the other end and helped move it into place. He shifted it a bit before being happy with its placement. There was a knock on the door. "Come in." Jonas yelled expecting it to be some member of staff in the Palace. "Oh, sorry Karin" Jonas turned to see the Queen enter accompanied by Princess Agatha who was the daughter of the former King yet had disavowed her father, the 13 year old was thankful that Karin had taken her to heart and kept her at the Palace like her own child.

"We just came to see how the change was going." Karin stated looking around. In the few months since Jonas had become King they were still not romantically connected like she was with King Philip but Jonas seemed a nice man. She approved of his taste in decoration and it seemed her was not afraid to be hands on. "It looks nice." She glanced around. "We have to go and meet the Head Gothi now." Karin informed him.

Jonas looked at his watch and noticed he had lost track of the time. "I'm sorry again" Jonas still was getting acustomed to the way of being royal. In business he had always been able to work on a task until he wanted to be done and then move on, now his time was orchestrated by others. He picked a jacket up from the back of a chair. "Please ladies lead on." He opened the door and stepped aside allowing them to leave. The room was at the top of one of the towers and the spiral staircase down exited into the courtyard where a car was waiting. It was a short drive down to the river where the bridge to the Palace sat. A pair of guards opened the heavy black gate and saluted as the monarchs and Princess passed. Karin wanted to have those carrying the title Prince and Princess more active. It was a strange situation in Hassfurt that those born of monarchs earned the title Prince or Princess even though they may not be Ermwahl (1st Strata) it just meant the non-Ermwahl royals were held as an example of the Gods holding all to account while giving all oppurtunity to be better. Agatha though was an Ermwahl and Karin wanted her to become a visible face of the royal family especially as she had shown loyal to the faith rather than her father. 

The old fashioned centre of Codilla then turned into a modern city full of glass and steel along the riverside which had a large wide road for cars beside it which they followed out of town to the airport. The timing had been next to perfect as no sooner had Karin, Jonas and Agatha arrived than the Alander plane was touching down. A red carpet marked the point where the plane should be stopping and along each length of it stood smart soldiers. On the left members of the The Ermwhal Guards Corps, a unit picked from the high strata and like an special forces unit, to the right were members of the Women's Combat Corps who are the only troops directed by the Queen.

As the Alanders arrived Agatha present the Head Gothi with a stone carved bottle of mead. It was something they knew the Alanders drank much of and the artistry of the bottle commemorated the occasion of meeting with each nation. Next the teen Princess had some flowers for Birgid Strand. "Welcome to Codilla" the Princess then returned to retreat behind the monarchs. Jonas extended a hand to the Head Gothi and Karin did likewise with the Birgid Strand.

"Please we've only a short journey now to the Palace" Jonas and the HEad Gothi moved to the front vehicle and the Queen, Princess and Birgid to the rear. Inside the lead car Jonas was keen to converse. "We're delighted to have you. We firmly believe that our religion, despite being different, could be a basis of us working together for positive purposes. Sadly my former King was not one for turning to the business of state preferring to spend time with ladies and his ships." Jonas shrugged as though he could not understand why that would be, "I though want to cement some links with nations across Mundus. I know you've faced the idea of growing from a newborn nation to a state with connections in short years, perhaps you could explain to me how you did that?" He asked the Head Gothi.

In the rear car the Queen was in a manner excited to speak to an experienced diplomat like Strand. "We are pleased to have someone like you visit us. I've wanted us to become diplomats not just protectors of a faith since I took the crown. I wonder what advice you would give us to overcome our isolation?"

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 09:24:11 PM »
Stein Ulfsson had spent some time studying the Duality faith trying to see how their Oracle had come to the conclusion that the faiths had things in common. He wasn't so sure that this was the case but he believed it important to make friends with others so was happy to see where things went. One of the problems Stein had though was he was not the most experienced and diplomatic discussions. He was the Head Gothi so that meant his job was mainly symbolic and almost a PR job rather than any serious politics. It was for that reason he brought with him Birgid Strand possibly one of the most seasoned diplomats on Mundus. She's been Foreign Minister for the old Union of Nordic People, even electing to stay in the UNP after the referendum split the two nations. She was an Ålander by birth but she had served the UNP all her life before having a stint as one of the more active Secretary-Generals of the CTO. When she returned home to the UNP it was only by blind luck she'd been in Krokom when the Uppsala Disaster struck and most of her political comrades had died. She had then found her way into the Ålander government and naturally found a way to being their Foreign Minister. She was interested to visit Hassfurt as in her extensive career it was a nation she knew so little about.

As the young Princess presented the gift of the stone bottle Stein was impressed. The Odinists of Nya Åland embraced trying to keep old tradition skills alive and a stone bottle was a rarity these days. "Thank you" He said as he reached inside his jacket and removed one of the many brooches he had in their each made from silver with a variety of fine metalwork decoration in the shape of some symbol important to the Odinist faith. This one was a pair of Raven. "Princess I hope you'll accept this." He handed the object over, "This is Huginn and Muninn our faith believes they are Ravens that bring Odin information from all over the world. Many believe they are a kind of symbol of the Valkyries, brave warrior women in the service of Odin. I hope this brings you good fortune to be like the Valkyries." He knew of Hassfurt's importance of being able to fight so hoped he'd pleased the young girl.

As the Princess handed Birgid the flowers she thanked her despite not really having anywhere to put them other than to hand them to one of the security detail accompanying them. "Hopefully they'll have them in water for when we return." she explained. As they headed towards the city Birgid tried her best to answer the Queen's question. "Its a tough thing to change your nations connections. I've had to do it twice and had mixed results. The UNP it was easy. We kept to ourselves and just wanted the world to have peace. The nation of Nya Åland is very different though. Its a nation that is more proud and rooted in its traditions. As such we often butt heads with some in the world, first the CTO tried to take away some of our EEZ, next we got told by the CTO to not attack Marseille despite them attacking us. The UNP would have complied to keep the peace, Nya Åland though was never going to sit by and allow others to impact our lands. Add to that our belief to stay firmly by our faiths old ancient traditions then apparently we're as bad slave traders" she shrugged her shoulders, "We're also very aware we owe a debt to several countries, maybe not financially but morally. The best way to end isolation is to do exactly what your doing, meet people, attend events, be part of the world and everything else follows."

In the other car the King and Stein were talking. "Your Majesty we are not really a nation to follow. We've had our share of conflicts and frankly you're better off asking Birgid how to do it. My day to day business is dealing with religious matters and signing stuff our nations elected politicans tell me is a good idea and maybe occasionally asking the people if they think our politicans have lost their mind."  He shrugged, "I'd say though don't let certain nations push you away from your traditions, hold fast to what makes Hassfurt Hassfurt."

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 09:46:40 PM »
The two royal cars had made their way to the Palace of the Two. The black metallic gate swung open and the cars came to be in the fence inside a lower compound. The Palace was on the peak of a short rock cliff that in place had a set of steps cut to them allowing people to walk up steeply to the summit. The cars kept though driving onto a narrow path that would spin round the outcropping until they reached the peak where a flat courtyard walled by white walls surrounded the vehicles. A man in a red half jacket and white gloved hands opened each of the car doors allowing the royalty and their guests to exit. The Queen was the lead into the Palace through which you entered past two huge oak doors bolstered with black iron rivets. The Palace had never once been attacked and in truth the doors provide no defence but did add to the ancient appearance of the place.

Queen Karin had ensured the Palace's old council chamber room had been set up. The room was in the centre of the Palace where each wing belong to one monarch. This way the Palace's council was neutral. The room inside had a table which was established in the space of a triangle. In Hassfurt tradition one side was for the Queen and her people, one for the King and one for the elected councilbodies. In the case of today's visit though the third side was reserved for the Ålander group. King Jonas took his seat in the centre of a length with Queen Karin sat on another. Each was flanked by their Oracle who gave if requested advice. "Please take a seat." the monarch waited for the Ålanders to take their third side seat and then King Jonas began to speak. "As you will have read we believe that our religion have some things in common and as we communicaed earlier this could help us understand to a point we can build a friendship between us. We would like to see if a deal like one with the Moreland people is possible. We though first need to be possible to discuss some basic diplomacy. Would you wish to suggest where you want to begin?"

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 09:10:09 PM »
Birgid had been appointed as the one who would do most of the "business" talk on behalf of the Ålanders due to her experience as a seasoned diplomat. The two nations had minimal contact, not every embassy was switched from the UNP to the Åland version and that should clearly be a starting point. "Many years ago the Union of Nordic People had an embassy in your capital, sadly for various reasons when we became independent and then sadly the Union disappeared nothing was ever done to ensure we had diplomatic presence in Hassfurt. I would like that to change. If it is still a possibility I'd like us to take over the old UNP embassy and establish our own." She felt a sadness that the Union was gone, it was more liberal than her Ålander homeland but she would still do her best to help her nation as best she could. "I also hope that we can put in place a system to streamline travel. Perhaps a system where those coming for non-business related purposes, so study or holidays, can enter visa free with some of the usual caveats like return tickets, funding for their stay and no-criminal record. I think this should be a good foundation."

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 09:04:14 PM »
The King and Queen wished for more than the tourist visa issue being put forward but it was a beginning. "While I think many of our people may visit you I hope that we can go some further. We like to think students and tourists will travel but perhaps also we can look to allow permit for short term business travel. Perhaps a 14 day stay to let those conduct meetings and promotions. It would be the hope for us that this would be permitted. Many business from Hassfurt are keen to see that there can be chance to have opportunity overseas and the first of the steps must be making contacts. It's my hope that you have similar needs." King Jonas explained.

Next the talk was taken by Queen Karin, "We think also the need for us to have less walls for trade. How do you feel towards us lowering or removing tariffs?"

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 08:24:39 AM »
"Trade was what drove my ancestors into exploring Mundus, you could say its in our blood." Stein explained, "We have tried over the last few years to build trading connections with many nation, many through organisations like the Council of Albion. Now naturally any deal we put together would need to take that into account but with us also having a deal with East Moreland that dates back quiet a while having other Alba Karinya nations on our list of trading deals would be beneficial to us." That was the extent of his trading deal knowledge exhausted and so he turned to Birgid.

"We do though need to ensure that we are not being put into a position to effectively become a back door for Hassfurt into the organizations we are part of, now that means safeguards such as checking on the origin of products. I would have no issue with say a shirt made in Hassfurt being imported into our nation with lower or no tariffs on however what I wouldn't want to see, and I'm not saying this does happen, is for a t-shirt to be made in Zimalia, taken to Hassfurt to have a label sewn in and then sold as being made in Hassfurt because that is where the process ended. Nor would I want to see goods brought into our land with the intention to then say export them again to Lodja trying to take advantage of our trade agreement there. If that is understood I think we should agree that perhaps by 2025 we will have removed tariffs on all goods completely made in either nation. We would reduce tariffs on a step by step basis and review the speed each year at a meeting between our finance ministers or equivalents. Does this sound reasonable?"

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 08:35:46 PM »
As the man of business King Jonas was the familiar with the Alanders points. "The measure that you wish are I think sensible. We can ensure the security of trade between us and us only. To have a system the matter of which you describe is one we can agree to deal with." Jonas examined the face of Queen Karin to see if she wish to add anything but he had known her enough now to read that she was happy for him to go on. That seen he continued, "We can agree to the gradual reduction of tariffs over the next five year but I believe we can do so on raw materials immediately, agricultural and fish goods that have yet to be processed should begin now and then processed things over the next five years." The farming industry of Hassfurt and Aland were very different Jonas assumed and changing tarrifs would have no impact for now.

"In regards a final matter on our behalf we would like to enquire about your nations fast patrol boats. We have seen them and they look impressive for a role we have in mind. Is there any reason we could perhaps not purchase a number from yourself?" Queen Karin asked having been tasked by the military to make the enquiry.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2020, 09:00:09 PM »
"The approach Your Majesty suggests is a sound one" Birgid nodded as Jonas spoke. "Establishing a tariff free trade in raw materials and unprocessed food stuff is a good start. The next five years also seems like a reasonable time frame and so I suggest that we accept that." She addressed her words to Stein who nodded that he was happy to accept her recommendation." She next moved onto the matter of the boats. "Now in regards to the patrol ships, I assume you are talking about the Snabbpatro class? Now if that is the case then we'd be happy to discuss setting up a sale however the company that makes them are not owned by the government so while we can help with negotiations it would be down to them to agree terms on the numbers and the prices."

"Perhaps you would like to send a representative or a group to spend some time with our Navy onboard them, give them a decent look over. We can then help with putting together a deal between you and the producers?" Stein offered.

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2020, 08:01:25 PM »
"The Snabbpatro is the vessel we wish to examine in more detail so the kind offering of us having someone go and see the ships is most welcome. We hope too that any introduction you can make to the maker is helpful." The news of human sales in the Alba Karinya region was of some concern and while the Hassfurt Navy was adequete it was not rapid and this ship could add to their usefulness.

"As for the tariff agreement do we need to have a formal treaty in place if so what do you say we have?"

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 08:10:34 PM »
Birgid was pleased with how things had gone and now the home stretch was being reached. While the Ålanders would have loved to take the Hassfurt monarchs on their word they knew that was impractical and probably not a smart idea in terms of international agreements. As such she showed the monarchs what they had so far.

Quote from: Agreement between Hassfurt and Nya Åland

It is agreed that the nations of Hassfurt and Nya Åland shall abide by the following agreement in the spirit of friendship and co-operation

1. Each capital shall play host to a recognised embassy with all the rights and privledges normally accorded such a establishment. Nations may also operate consulates in any city they feel would benefit from such an establishment.

2. Travellers visiting the other nation for non-business related purposes may do so visa free so long as their stay fulfills the following criteria.

a) The individual is not staying for longer than 21 days.
b) The individual has a valid return ticket
c) The individual has sufficent means to cover their stay without working.
d) The individual is not deemed a threat to national security.

3. In cases where an individual is travelling for educational purposes the visa free stay will be extended for the duration of their course so long as the following conditions are meet.

a) The individual has a place reserved on an accredited course of study.
b) The individual has means to cover the cost of their course either through private funds, scholarship or state funding.

4. Unprocessed materials may be traded between nations with no tariffs so long as the materials comply with local standards and laws.

5. Processed materials and manufactured items shall be traded tariff free after 16th November 2025. Should an item having first been imported into the other nation then be transferred to a third party nation the company responsible for the trade will be liable to paying a tariff to be agreed between the two nations.

6. Goods shall be classed as being manufactured in a nation if 75% or more of its processes are undertaken in that nation.

7. Nations agree to permit military exports between the two nations so long as onward sales do not take place without permission of the originating nation.

Signed ______________________________

"I believe this should cover everything." Birgid showed the document to the pair from Hassfurt.

Offline Hassfurt

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2020, 08:26:20 PM »
The two monarchs examine the document and declare to each other that they are satisfied with the document. Jonas took from his inside pocket a pen and handed it to the Queen. She was the longer served of the pair and meaning her name should appear first. She took the pen happily and fixed her name to the base.

It is agreed that the nations of Hassfurt and Nya Åland shall abide by the following agreement in the spirit of friendship and co-operation

1. Each capital shall play host to a recognised embassy with all the rights and privledges normally accorded such a establishment. Nations may also operate consulates in any city they feel would benefit from such an establishment.

2. Travellers visiting the other nation for non-business related purposes may do so visa free so long as their stay fulfills the following criteria.

3. In cases where an individual is travelling for educational purposes the visa free stay will be extended for the duration of their course so long as the following conditions are meet.

b) The individual has means to cover the cost of their course either through private funds, scholarship or state funding.

4. Unprocessed materials may be traded between nations with no tariffs so long as the materials comply with local standards and laws.

5. Processed materials and manufactured items shall be traded tariff free after 16th November 2025. Should an item having first been imported into the other nation then be transferred to a third party nation the company responsible for the trade will be liable to paying a tariff to be agreed between the two nations.

6. Goods shall be classed as being manufactured in a nation if 75% or more of its processes are undertaken in that nation.

7. Nations agree to permit military exports between the two nations so long as onward sales do not take place without permission of the originating nation.

Signed Queen Karin of Hassfurt
Signed King Jonas of Hassfurt

"We thank you for allowing us this chance" Karin was pleased and handed the pen to the guests

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2020, 10:42:51 PM »
Birgid was pleased that the agreement seemed to have gone over well. She watched as they handed the pen to the Head Gothi with her job having been done.

Signed Queen Karin of Hassfurt
Signed King Jonas of Hassfurt
Signed His Holiness Stein Ulfsson, Head Gothi of Nya Åland