Author Topic: The Khemnen-Ipsus Line  (Read 1844 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
The Khemnen-Ipsus Line
« on: November 03, 2020, 12:13:28 AM »
A Private Communication With King Heydar

Your Majesty,

The Pharaoh intends to pursue a strategy before OPEN to apply pressure upon the Republic of Kopsje to effect the release of Hafsah, a Clysperi national imprisoned by the Republic for standing against their Religious Restrictions Law. The Pharaoh wished for me to find out if the Kingdom could discuss the conditions upon which the Emirate would support measures before OPEN prior to their proposal, as well as what she would need to do personally to resolve longstanding issues which have impacted your personal relationships.

I understand you have many issues before you and appreciate your time on this issue.

Naser Safavid
Prince of Tamora
Vice-Governor of the Tamoran Central Bank
Liaison Of Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: The Khemnen-Ipsus Line
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 09:34:26 PM »

To:- Prince Naser

In the past we have been accused of attempting to use OPEN for political pressure. We therefore will find it difficult to be persuaded to now see the organisation used for a different political end. We do though believe that steps must be taken to try and ensure individuals such as the Clysperis national mentioned are not persecuted. We are therefore once more willing to take action to protect the region from harm however would not at this time consider OPEN a tool to do this.

As for the long standing issues there has always been an open door. The Pharaoh has always been welcome to attend our Jewel of the Desert Festival which as you know the Seleucid have always utilised for diplomatic discussion with any nation that wishes it be them close friends such as yourself, distant acquaintances or even nations we have had disputes with. Likewise in more recent times our offer of facilities at Ipsus Blue have been unanswered and the on-going Mundus Games carried with them an invite for any Head of State to visit. During these games I have been fortunate enough to meet with both King David of East Moreland and Annakol Araanon, Arch-Protector of Altromine. We have never denied the Pharaoh, or her rightful representatives opportunities to visit Royal Seleucid, publically, privately, formally or informally. These invites shall continue to be issued.

His Majesty King Heydar of Royal Seleucid
Duke of South Markazi

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: The Khemnen-Ipsus Line
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 06:27:57 AM »
A Private Communication With King Heydar

Your Majesty,

If I may be frank with you for a moment, Akasha is a proud woman. I've brought this up with her in the past that, perhaps, her strong headed approach to certain situations may prove to be to her detriment. You can likely imagine my anxiety when I get a new notification that she's Tweeted, yet she persists. I know that you've given her opportunity after opportunity in a gracious fashion, I only wish her pride wouldn't prevent her from taking those opportunities.

With the Republic declaring sanctions upon Clysperis in the form of denying entrance to her ports to ships flying the flag of the Kingdom, as well as ceasing the trade of goods between the two nations, I would propose something which is short of the OPEN approach she wishes to take, but one which shows solidarity between the Kingdom and the Emirate: ships flying the flag of Kopsje will likewise be denied access to our ports jointly, and the Kingdom and the Emirate shall cease trade with the Republic. I'll impress upon Akasha to take advantage of the next opportunity, to swallow her pride, and try engaging with you upon the next opportunity afforded. Should the Republic escalate further we may then explore further options.

We both know that pride is a terrible beast, amplified even greater when held in the heart of a woman. I'll do that which I can with Akasha in the mean time and, hopefully, we'll soon see these matters placed behind us. Should the Republic escalate things further, we may discuss measures beyond those I've proposed as considered appropriate by us both.

Naser Safavid
Prince of Tamora
Vice-Governor of the Tamoran Central Bank
Liaison Of Pharaoh Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis