Author Topic: The Palace In The City  (Read 616 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
The Palace In The City
« on: May 16, 2024, 02:11:40 AM »

The Palace In The City
Stories From The Imperial Palace

The Imperial Palace, the heart of the Imperial Government and home of Empress Asuna, was restored as the new Empress brought about a de-Ardianization movement to restore aspects of Rokkenjiman culture lost following the Great Patriotic War. As Empress Asuna navigates an ever-changing landscape the stories within these walls will undoubtedly have impacts far beyond them.

[Placeholder]

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: The Palace In The City
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 02:34:52 AM »
Time: 5:45 AST

The updates trickling through on their way back to the Empress and her Council from Kensington were less than promising, to say the least. It had become clearly apparent that both Evanthe and Serenity had reached the limits of their patience and, with the talks in this moment looking to have not achieved the goals set forth the Empress sighed. "It was not my desire to see us led down this path," she said as she reviewed her notes, "yet here we are, the duty before us is to make the correct choices as opposed to those which would be easy. It seems that just as Rokkenjima had to learn a lesson in humility over the Rishiri/QAMB affair we may be incapable of sparing the Kingdom from this self-inflicted fool's folly."

"Taking note of our cooperation in regards to Kalasin I would wish to see Rokkenjiman military and intelligence authorities extend an offer to their Fusanese counterparts, cooperating as closely on this as they're comfortable with. I suspect that our two Empires, along with the Holy Empire, will be bearing the brunt of things if this should go any further sideways and as we've proven we can work together on difficult scenarios, I'd like to see that continue here. The Seaforthians are operating and dispatching further assets to our back yard so to say, and if the King will not listen to the language of reason let us ensure that a language he seemingly prefers is ready to act should the need arise. Please see that our intentions and commitment to complete transparency is relayed to their Fusanese counterparts at once."

"I'm certain the words were uttered in the old Imperial Council Chambers and they'll be said here again today: the near-term foreign outlook is challenging and complex. I considered the proposal which Evanthe shared with the King, and yes while we must as an Empire stand by our given word, when that word contradicts the values we've espoused ourselves, that is when we weigh those difficult decisions which need to be made. Anything less than supporting Troyes and Marseilles in this present time would not reflect a Rokkenjima which has stated the age of imperialism is over and taking such a course would very well likely begin the building of the ADSN's coffin."

As the Empress spoke she received an update on the Excalibur, presently transiting the Illumic to meet up with Fusanese vessels for resupply. "Ensure that our gratitude is relayed and offer the traditional gift, light on the Quinntopian vodka though, please. There's a reason the Imperial Government bought the majority of the stockpile once Quinntopia fell, the legends many have shared can be believed.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 09:17:40 PM »
Time: 10:30 AST

"Get me Pyrena Castle on the phone, specifically my mother," Asuna said as the Imperial Palace hummed with new urgency. "Have you seen it?" she asked, setting aside the usual pleasantries, which Beatrice acknowledged. "With my recent incident in mind, did you post that?" she paused, which Beatrice would state no. "Either someone's got something running on a script or one of Rowe's didn't get the memo that the bastard is in custody. Regardless," Asuna paused, "my memories of those times are in bits and pieces, my therapist surmises that the trauma impacted my ability to form memories, so I need you to be honest. Is it true, what was posted, that you had contact with Barren?"

Beatrice sighed as she confirmed it was true. "Alright, so, well then," Asuna paused, "it's not a lie like it was with Thomas. Okay, I'll try to handle it nonetheless," Asuna said as she hung the phone up. As she sat and sighed, she dialed a line to the Morelanders and, after being sent to the relevant person on the matter she began speaking, "So, okay, I didn't see this one coming. I can say that the Saisei Empress didn't make that tweet but, I can't say that what was tweeted is false. That leaves us in a most difficult position, naturally." Pausing, the Empress continued, "I will need to speak with King David at his earliest convenience so that we may move forward in the spirit of cooperation. Even if that opportunity was denied to us by this event, I very much see this as a test, and it's one I hope we navigate, together, successfully."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2024, 02:31:59 AM »
Time: 9:29 AST

"I'll always live in her shadow, won't I?" Asuna asked in her personal quarters with Thomas sat to her side and Emerson standing before them. "I'm not mature or wise enough apparently," she said as she threw the tablet displaying the front page of the RBC which included polling data. "I'll either be endlessly compared to her or called to step aside so she can reclaim her so-called rightful place," she paused, "77 percent Emerson, seventy seven percent," she said it again, "It's almost as if I'm just here because of consequence but," she paused again, "how do I convince over three-fourths of my People that I am just where I should be in the present moment? How do I escape the shadow hanging over my reign and assert what is mine? I love my mother, naturally, but this," she said pointing to the tablet, "is not fair to me or the team we've seen assembled. It seems most of these people wouldn't even allow me the chance to prove myself, no, I'm too young and I need to have the childhood my mother never had but, damn it, maybe not everything needs to be about my mother and what she did and didn't have?"

"Just so you know," she looked over to Emerson, "I'll never step down willingly; they'll have to drag me screaming and kicking from the Imperial Palace on top of dealing with Akira," she said as she scratched his ears, "I'm here to stay. They get my mother back and instantly Rokkenjima is toxic to East Moreland, and we're left dealing with all the baggage from her reign that does not involve her most controversial moments even. I want it made clear that this is my reign, those of my mother, Evanthe and Kyoko failed on their merits, well, mine will succeed on its merits and I'm not surrendering my opportunity to right all those wrongs. I don't care who I anger, who will paint a target on my back, the Empire is mine right now," she said as she looked out the window of her suite, "and I don't care if Islyna herself stood before me saying I was not right for this moment; even the Divine can make the wrong call once or twice. I'm not leaving my station."

With her rage out of the way Asuna sighed, "It's almost as if some wish for me to fail, just so that they get my mother back in power and while I know that's not what she wants and I trust her fully, there's many who would prefer her over me and I know it. They know her better, they know how to guide her toward certain decisions, and I know they know that they don't enjoy that luxury with me. If it comes down to it," she looked again to Emerson, "will you be by my side if the calls of some become too great to ignore in asking me to stand aside for Saisei to return? This is my moment to use my voice and while nothing will detract from what my mother accomplished, her time is over and my time is now. They'll pry me from my Throne only when my hands and body run cold, because this I'll fight for."

Beatrice Anselmo