Author Topic: Lodjain Court Part 2: New Queen=New Thread  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
Lodjain Court Part 2: New Queen=New Thread
« on: May 10, 2018, 11:59:57 PM »
OOC- UC characters loaned from Kris.

Jasmina Danailov couldn't believe the way her life had changed in the last year or so. She was due to turn 20 in a few short weeks and just over a year ago now she had nearly ended up as Queen of her homeland, Lodja. Since then she'd become a Lady in Waiting, a job that many people unfamiliar with Lodjain culture may see as below a daughter of a nobleman, but here in Gaia the four Ladies in Waiting had the ear of the Goddess. They spent all their time with her, knew the inner workings of the court, learned the best connections for their families and as such had all seen their families fortunes, fates and futures prosper. That rather shy 18 year old who had been whisked to the Isle of the Goddess had changed too, the shyness was gone, at least in private, one thing being a Lady in Waiting taught was to to create almost two people, the public face who supported the Queen no matter what, and then then private behind closed doors facade, the one which like tonight was allowed to take advantage of the position.  Jasmina had played that later part excellenctly and had both the Lord of the Conclave, Besarian Ivanov and the Prince of Ui Cennesliag, the handsome and rugged Prince Lennox wrapped around her little finger. Both where besotted with the young flame haired vixen and that was exactly how she liked it both almost competing for her affections. If she was being honest though it was Lennox she cared for, there was a less serious nature about him, Besarian was as Jasmina knew using her just as much as she was using him. The Lord ever hopeful of gaining insights into the Queen's thoughts that may manover him into a position of greater influence. This evening however it was Lennox who had enjoyed Jasmina's affections, the pair returning on the Prince's private motor launch that now ferried them back from the mainland to the island. It was well known Jasmina kept Lennox's company often, but a visiting royal to Lodja was often "loaned" one of the Ladies in Waiting whom was ordered to do whatever it took to ensure the visitor had a pleasant stay. Stasya Pelagiya had also played that role to perfection and just as Jasmina had with Lennox the newest Lady in Waiting had snared herself the King of East Moreland. Lennox however was, as far as Jasmina was concerned, a better catch. David needed to constantly worry about the Kingdom he owned, his image and the like however Lennox cared only for himself and the way he could help his homeland of Ui Cenneslaig.

As the boat bounced its way across back to the island Lennox wrapped Jasmina in his jacket before pulling her close. It was a short journey but one her rather enjoyed, the smell of the ocean and the warmth of Jasmina evoking pleasant thoughts. He felt her nuzzle into his shoulder as she wrapped an arm around his midrift, he was content to just sit there as his aide guided the boat towards the single light that marked the jetty. It was 2am, the pair of lovers having spent the evening at a nice restaurant in the city before enjoying a stoll back along the beach where they made love. Lennox's blissful relaxation was halted only when the boat gently nudged the jetty and a Lodjain guard helped tie it up. "Good evening Your Highness.....My Lady" the young Guardsman saluted once his hands were free of the rope and Lennox returned his respects with a polite nod. The pair of lovebirds walked arm in arm back up to the Palace unaware of the eyes watching them.

Once inside the Palace Lennox walked Jasmina to her appartment and as the pair kissed he began to come inside, Jasmina placed a hand in his chest and stopped him. "Not tonight. I'm waking the Queen in...." she glanced at her watch, "damn, four hours...and we do have a busy day" she kissed him once more before parting company. Lennox walked back to his own set of rooms at the opposite side of the Palace, he passed a few gaurdsman patrolling the hallways and exchanged silent nods with them. He knew many of them, prefering to spend his time with military folk when not with Jasmina he had found them to be rather good company. As he reached his suite he fumbled for the key in his pocket, finding it full of sand he laughed. The door swung open and there facing his was his wife, Mary. She was a Princess of Cantabria and his father had insisted he marry her to ensure the friendship between the two nations, it was therefore rather ironic that Lennox's younger sister ten years later married a Canatabrian Prince for the same reason and was now Queen of that hell hole. The problem was Mary was popular back home and as such despite Lennox's pleading he'd not been permitted to divorce the frumpy cow.

"I saw you with her" she snarled, her hair a twirling mess of brown curls. "I warned you to stay away from her. Last time I just slapped her, I'll do worse next time I see her." Lennox just gently moved her aside and walked in. He'd been sleeping in the spare room for a few weeks now anyway, sometimes because of the arguements ever since Mary had guessed he was screwing Jasmina, it had lead to the Princess slapping the Lady in Waiting across the face and his wife had only narrowly avoided the wrath of the Palace guard, among whom the Ladies in Waiting where seen as precious flowers. Lennox just placed his jacket on a chair and headed for the room, he'd make an excuse to go to the military barracks in Gaia for a few days until she'd calmed down. This time though it was different, she launched herself at his back her arm locking around his throat in a strong choke hold. Her strength was deceptive and it took a good few seconds for him to get her off. "I'm done with you and your affairs, we have a son Lennox, I gave you a son and what did you do. You sent him to a boarding school and dragged me half way across Mundus so you could fuck some Lodjain whore. You've ruined my life" She threw a punch at him and he simply let the blow deflect off his arm as she began to reign more and more blows at him. Having had enough he snapped and threw her to the ground but he'd failed to see the coffee table. The sound of skull bouncing off the marble top sickening it left Mary face down, Lennox was expceting her t begin screaming or cries of pain but she lay there motionless, it was then Lennox noticed a trickle of blood moving across the grey stone surface.

"Shit" he leaned down and rolled her over, she was unconcious and looked in a bad way. "Oh bollocks." he said panicing it was as he rushed over towards the phone a wave of calm washed over him and without another thought he lifted his wife's unconcious body and carried it to the balcony door, he used his elbow to open it and remembering how the Guards had told him the balconies had been constructed to give privacy and knowing his was the lowest on this side of the Palace he walked out into the moonlight. He placed his wife on the ground as he checked below, the waves crashing against the cliff face a decent distance below, with a fient grin on his lips he realised he didn't need his divorce. He picked up Mary and tipped her over the balcony the sound of her body hitting the water hardly audiable over the sound of the ocean. He looked below and in the darkness there was nothing, he knew there was a good chance her body would be dragged out to sea, or at worst wash up on the beach in a few days, but that wasn't something he was concerned with. Instead he made his way out the hallway. A guard was wandering along just as he'd expected. "Corporal" he whispered summouning the man over, "You haven't seen my wife wandering the halls have you?" The guard hadn't, but then Lennox knew he'd say that, "She's probably angry with me again" Lennox chuckled, their rows where well known and after each Mary would often find an excuse to leave the island for a few days. "Hey, but at least I get the bed to myself right." The pair laughed quietly before Lennox bid the Guard a pleasant evening and went to bed, he slept soundly knowing a great future lay ahead.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Re: Lodjain Court Part 2: New Queen=New Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 12:04:26 AM »
Cedric and Rudolph had been spending the night together, though not as close as cedric had expected. Rudolph was to the young lodjans annoyance a bit more reserved than he had wished for, instead of a wild night it was one of poetry and tea after a long night. yes, there was passionate kissing but it never got beyond a shirtless stage.

Slendering along the halls Cedric was whistling in the morning, making sure people noticed him leaving, while Rudolph, albeit with a huge cup of coffee, was browsing several property sale websites in one of the islands gardens. A small smile went over his lips as he got a instant message from his emperor. He hadn't been very close to the boy, but the sketch, for now named Queen and cake, surely was adorable. Queen Klara with her striking no ones gonna tell me what to do pose devouring the cake made for a stunning sketch.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 01:38:57 PM »
Emalet Silvermist sat curled up in bed, she wasn't really in the mood for sleep at this point she was watching recordings of old Achkaerin netball games, she'd had an interview before becoming the Achkaerinese ambassador to Lodja about potentially becoming the national netball coach for Achkaerin, the decision on that was expected in the next few days but Emalet had been the only candidate and she thought that the interview had gone well so in anticipation of more work here she was looking over old games and making notes. She looked up as there was a knock at her door, she paused the game, went to the door and answered it.

"Yes?" Emalet asked upon opening the door to a soldier.
"Sorry to disturb you Ma'am but Princess Mary of Ui Cenneslaig has been reported missing." the soldier said
"I see." Emalet said taking note of the soldier's rank "Corporal."
"Have you seen the Princess tonight Ma'am?" the Corporal asked
"No, I had my evening meal with some of the other ambassadors and then we all went back to our rooms." Emalet said
"I see Ma'am." the Corporal said "Thank you for your time."

Emalet nodded and the Corporal left, she closed the door and went back to watching the game she'd paused moments earlier - a new Queen one day and now a missing Princess? Life on the Isle of the Goddess was certainly interesting.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 09:44:23 PM »
It had been 48 hours since anyone had last seen Princess Mary and it seemed like the whole of Gaia's Police Force, and a great deal of the Lodjain Navy had been out searching for her. The coast line had been combed several times and the Police had checked, re-checked and then checked once more every hospital in the capital. Lennox had done the best he could to seem concerned, confining himself largely to his room "just in case" his wife came home. He'd fielded several calls from his brother, and King Comegan his brother in law, the younger brother of his wife and the King of Cantabria. He'd persuaded the monarch to not come out to Lodja it would be pointless because after all Mary would turn up in just a few days, they'd had a row and it was this that had sent his wife off in a huff or at least as far as those back home knew.

It was as the sun went down on the second day of the search that a young naval officer scanning the shoreline spotted something, a shape that looked out of place and so he focused his binoculars on it. It had the look at some kind of animal sitting half in and half out the water but upon closer inspection he spotted this creature was wearing a dress and had long hair. "Sir, I think we've got something" a young Naval officer called pointing to where he'd seen it. The ship stayed in place as they directed a group of police officers to the scene. After wading through a few reeds the leading officer found it, the smell hit his nose first and the body was already swelling up, he took a deep breath and rolled it over revealing a grey face battered by the ocean, the skin peeling away. There was no doubt who this was however.

Lennox cried when he heard the news he actually cried, it was a combination of the panic of what would happen next and genuine sadness that the mother of his child was dead. He was worried for his son, he was alone and away at school no doubt Finley, Una or Cait would comfort him when the news broke but Lennox knew he'd have to do something to help his son over the next few months, maybe even years. He had imaged yesterday that once Mary was out of the way that he would be free to make a move on Jasmina, but now he realised his young boy would be a barrier and there was no way on Mundus he would wish any harm to his Prince.

The first person to arrive to speak to Lennox after the news was broken was Queen Klara, she was very polite and spent an hour sitting trying to comfort the man before making it Lady Anna's task to help make any arrangements for the transport of the body home, there would of course by an autopsy but from what the Police said it seemed apparent that Mary had fallen from the balcony and plunged to her death on the rocks before being swept out to sea. It was a tragedy that the court didn't need so close to the death of Viktoria, maybe a curse existed on the island. For a moment Klara considered asking the new High Priestess to investigate, perhaps there was a ritual or a ceremony she could have done to lift it. The next issue would be Jasmina, it was clear there was something going on between the Cenneg Prince and the Lady in Waiting but Klara knew any rumours now would be disrespectful and so Jasmina was given two weeks of leave to go home and thus put pay to anything untuwards happening in the meantime.

The news spread quickly around the Palace and before long the media where arriving on the edge of the causeway that lead to the Isle of the Goddess keen to get some media story about the death of a Princess so soon after the death of a Queen.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 12:58:17 AM »
Rudolph had decided to only leave a condolence message from the empire, and leave the man to grieve in peace. he found himself probably the last person lennox wanted to talk with, so he left a card with a small data stick containing a condolence message from Orion:

"I am Sorry to hear of your loss." the Emperor was on Camera in what seemed like an empty classroom, dressed in a school cadet uniform: "Please accept my sincere condolence, and as someone who has lost a good part of his family all to recent, you have my deepest empathy." The teenage Emperor fiddled with his hands, before continuing: "I pray to the Divine that you will be granted the strength to carry yourself and your son through this storm, but do not try to shoulder this burden alone. No human can carry grief alone and come out unharmed. This might be a bit selfish now..." Orion in the Video shook his head slightly, looking down: "But your son will need you now, Prince Lennox. From experience i can tell that he will need no one else but his Father right now. So if allow me the insolence of giving you some advice in your Dark hour - Go see him as soon as possible."  Orion in the Video walked over to what seemed the Camera stand, before finally adding: "May your Wife find Peace wherever her Soul might be now."

Offline Arda Tuluva

• Basically New Zealand
  • Honor and glory! Death and shame to our enemies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 06:24:55 PM »
The entire evening Nessanië had remained mostly with Dragan dancing and chatting as the Ball went on. She had explained to him that it was unusual for a member of the Imperial Clan to be unmarried at her age. She had explained to Dragan that by now a marriage would have been arranged for her, but Nessanië told him she submitted a special supplication to the Throne requesting to be arbiter of her own martial decisions, which had been granted.

The Arda Tuluvan princess told Dragan throughout the course of the evening that she actually sat for the triennial Metropolitan Imperial Examinations, the first of Imperial Clan to do so, and passed with high marks. She did, after all, have some of the best tutors the Empire had to offer, as well as formal Mindarucinist education since she was a small girl; giving her extreme advantage on various subjects the Imperial Examinations require. Nessanië told him she worked under a pseudonym of “Lindalë Haryanicarë” working as a Senior Secretary in the First Ministry before being summoned by the Throne to represent Arda Tuluva in Lodja.

The evening had been drawing near its end; the Princess indicated her desire to retire to which Dragan, ever a gentleman, offered to see the Princess to her lodgings. Upon arrival Ayane, ever the bold one, suggested that he come in for a night cap saying, “Lord Minister, tradition requires we offer you a drink for the kindness you have shown. You have ensured our return and thus we must compliment your gallantry.”

Dragan agreed and took a seat near Nessanië as Ayane disappeared to prepare the drinks. He complimented the Princess on her fine taste in the décor of her room and he had off handily made a comment about the Empress.

“Burden of Empire, that. Her station requires a great deal of stoicism.” She said answering his question about her sternness. “As Highest Daughter she was quite the socialite at Court. When we were younger, she was known simply as the Fourth Calmarë and was quite the prankster, truth be told.” He looked at her with surprise, “I will deny this if asked again, dear Minsiter.” She said with a smile. It was then that her servant returned.

“This tea is called Alásëa Alma, Minister.” Ayane said presenting the proclaim pot and cups to him and her mistress, she received a stern look from Nessanië. It was commonly used among the higher castes in Arda Tuluvan society as an aphrodisiac. The Princess hoped Dragan did not know this and made a mental note to admonish Ayane later about this brazen lack of tact.

“Jubilant Passion?” He said taking in the tea’s aroma.

She giggled softly, “Jubilant Flower is a better translation, I think. Yet, I applaud your Quenya, minister.”

The two spoke on the subject of Quenya for a time. He had learnt some and found all the Arda Tuluvan words for “honor” too numerous and was asking what the precise meaning of some were.

From the doorway a muttering of formalities and apologies could be heard. Before Dragan’s attention went from speaking the Arda Tuluvan princess to the conversation between the Lodjan corporal and Ayane, who was speaking, “It can be attested that Her Serene Highness has not seen the Princess Mary since the former’s departure from the Ball. Apologies, Corporal, but Her Serene Highness can offer no further assistance on the matter.”

“Thank You, Ma’am.” She bid the Lodjan solider a fond farewell before closing the door and returning to her post near Nessanië.

“What was that about?” Dragan asked Ayane, she looked towards Nessanië who gestured for her to answer.

“Honorable Dragan, it appears that the Princess Mary has not returned to her rooms and a slight concern was raised.”

Dragan stood, bowed formally – and most politely – to Nessanië before excusing himself saying he better take a further look into the situation. Before he left he turned and bowed again, with a smile he made his goodbyes, “Thank you, Princess, for the lovely evening. I look forward to another encounter. Farewell.”

This place is cursed. CURSED! Ayane signed vigorously to Nessanië who made warding gesture. We should get a priest to exorcise your rooms. I have already gotten the sage.

The Princess stopped in the middle of the hall, “An exorcism? A bit drastic, Ayane.”

“Best to appease the omens, Highness.” They simultaneously made the same warding gesture. It had  been two days since the Princess Mary had disappeared and news of her passing had just reached the Isle.

Nessanië arched a brow, but knew better than to debate the topic any further. She was stubborn when she thought she was right, on this subject perhaps she was. “Very well, Ayane, I shall leave this in your capable hands.”

“Your Highness’ wisdom is boundless.” Nessanië waved her hand before counting her way down the corridor, Ayane a few steps behind with a smug looking expression.