Roleplay > Diplomacy and Events

The Lost Cradle

(1/6) > >>

Achkaerin:
Approx 3km South of Meridian Island

It was a fair day up north, the Star Chaser was anchored off a small island known to the Achkaerinese as Alha, it wasn't big or imposing or anything but it was unique in that on it sat a sacred shrine, a shrine to the Goddess Kisara and her beasts. What was unusual was that this shrine had the complete collection, most only honoured the Goddess this didn't, this had the beasts, the guardians of the world. Standing at the shrine was Melanie Bell and her best friend Natasha Raines. They were reading a piece of paper from one of Melanie's fathers journals something known as the Cradle Riddle:

--- Quote from: Cradle Riddle ---The Cradle lies where the eyes of mortals cannot see
where night and day, united with the earth, observe begins the path to enlightenment
the path that infinity and eternity carved in their struggle eons ago,
follow their gaze and take your first steps.

Do not stray to the Sun lest the earth swallow you whole and soul.
Instead let the faithful guide you through the valley of the virtuous chosen at rest,
and if the Goddess finds you worthy the way will be revealed to you.

Answer the challenges of Fire and Ice but remember life's rhythm if you wish to proceed and learn the truth that attaining the Cradles wealth permits.
But leave your burdens behind or you will succumb to the weight of the world and one must be as free as the birds to attain that which you seek.
Prove your worth, prove your virtue and you will see with clarity.
--- End quote ---

"So what exactly are we doing here?" Natasha asked
"Well for centuries people have been looking in the wrong place." Melanie said "Because the Dragonstone, the artifact this riddle is etched on was sitting in Vafleon but everyone forgets that the Dragonstone's original home is in Artaxia. So everything we're supposed to look for in the way of signposts and the like we should be looking for around here. Where night and day, united with the earth, observe begins the path to enlightenment."
"Of course Kisara's beasts of the sky." Natasha said

"Ninfeyn the lunar dragon and his brother Rekmiin the solar dragon, night and day" Melanie said pointing to statues of the two dragons looking out over the coast "And with them the great eagle Kriflon, the guardian of the land, otherwise known in basic elemental terms as earth. All three of them looking in a south east direction."
"Your Dad was bang on then, it is in Tokulel."
"Looks like." Melanie said, she wasn't dismissing it being somewhere else but there definitely appeared to be substance to back the theory up.
"Are you really going alone?" Natasha asked
"I have to." Melanie said "I'm following this to the end wherever it leads and I can't put you or the rest of the gang in jeopardy."
"You'd better find it." Natasha said
"I'll call in once a day." Melanie said
"You'd better or we come looking for you." Natasha said "Good luck."

Tokulel Two Weeks Later

Two weeks after that conversation with Natasha, Melanie driving her off road expedition spec jeep had crossed the northern border into Tokulel, it had been fairly simple crossing the border, going through customs and all the rest of it. She could have done without the thunderstorm opening up overhead, she'd driven about four hours from the border and had parked up at the side of the road, there was a pub or tavern or whatever the locals called it there. She picked up her shoulder bag and wandered inside, she was getting hungry and while she had packed some rations, she'd rather not use them unless she had no choice. She settled down at a table and put her order in with a waiter, then while she waited for her food she made her daily phone call to let Natasha know she was ok.

OOC- Ok so basic premise is a treasure hunt be whoever you like, a Tokulel local, a freelancer, someone else trying to solve the riddle perhaps even someone who doesn't want the riddle solved for fear of what it could potentially mean. People should think of the Cradle as something mysterious, no one knows what it is so there's a lot of wild theories around it - feel free to work with that.

Weremark:
Approx 3km South of Meridian Island | 10/09/2017

A storm steadily approached as Harald Jensen ascended the path to the shrine. Silently examining the old thing, he pulled out his own journal - in it was a physical photo of the riddle, last placed there as a safeguard; he did have all his info on the cloud, but he couldn't risk losing it in a freak accident. His eyes drifted from the south-eastwardly direction of the dragon's stares to the own disturbed ground at the foot of the shrine. Old footsteps, but not too old, by the look of them. Modern shoe shape. Someone'd been here, did they know? He glanced at the dragons again. But it couldn't be in Weremark. Little cultural link to the myth there. Aurora? It was possible. Tokulel? It certainly was far enough, and in the right direction. He shut the journal briefly, gazing at the shrine.

This ordeal was a race now. Anyone remotely smart enough to come checking up here instead of Vafleon would know what this meant, and unless they'd been lead off to somewhere else, he had to get to Tokulel soon, if he wanted to keep the head start he'd thought he had. Swiftly he turned, heading to the plane he'd moored just off of the coast - the Wayfar.

Approaching Tokulel | 12/09/2017

He'd gotten an early start, only stopping briefly in Jylhaven for a recess with his father before continuing on his way. Now aboard the Wayfar was a whole pack full of varied clothing, a map with a GPS beacon to alert his father if anything went awry, and a solar charger for all of his electronics. Also included was a custom P08 Luger he'd 'borrowed' from Duke Magnus of Altberg along with two additional magazines. Owing to potentially skyrocketing rental car costs, and terrain, he'd also carted along his Zero FX bike.

This wasn't even his first disappearance in the week, but he knew this time, his father'd understand. He was at the cusp of something big, and he couldn't let anything jeopardize it now. The Wayfar had departed from Eldgammel Airfield in southern Weremark to the closest civilian airfield to the north Tokulel border. His phone buzzed a familiar orchestral ringtone, and he let it go to his headset.

"And what's up with you?"

His sister's voice was undeniably recognizable. "Ah, you got my message, great," he started, watching the GPS in his glass cockpit as his aircraft slowly but surely approached Tokulel. "I figured out the riddle, at least part of it. Remember the "night and day, united with the earth" part?" he asked, a response curtly droning back. "Uh-huh." Something was making her keep her voice down.

"I figured it out, it was on Alha. Small island near Meridian. It pointed me somewhere south-east, other shit's making me think it's in Tokulel. I still don't know what the rest of the riddle means, but-"

"Father told me, dipshit." the gasp of a smile forming had been audible enough even through the static. "Don't you dare get killed finding this thing, that'd fuck my whole future plans up. Especially considering..."

"I know, Evie." said Harald. "You stay safe in Ahkabnil. It can get pretty raunchy there." The voice on the other end attempted to say something but the response came out too muffled with static - likely owing to the thunderstorm in his wake. He sighed, "Shit," as he began the landing approach, waiting for his own confirmation.

Major Jaws:
Gustav Leffie is an amateur archeologist from Quintelia. He has discovered a few skeletons of ancient Quintelians along with the bullet that killed Arthur Merrit. Now, he has read in a reputable archeological forum about the Holy radle Riddle. Some say it's the Covenant, others say gold is being carried. Gustav believes the Cradle carries his chance to be famous.

As he arrived in the airport of Tokulel, there were a few fellow archaeologists in the terminal; along with people trying to stop them. Gustav raced towards the exit and stayed in a hotel for a day. Thanks to local informants, the possible position of the Cradle was narrowed. The next day, he left.

The Young Pope:

A damp, wet weather marked the arrival in Tokulel's rainforrests for renowned Catholic Colonel, Archaeologist, Historian, Linguist and College Professor Dr. Emmanuel Fava, his family being known as among the richest, and at least a dussin men, courtesy by Pope Peter II, serving as his body guards and aides, drawn from the Blessed Arditi and Guardians of Saint Paul special forces, the International Corps of the Blessed Faith Militant as well as the Blessed Office of the Sacred Inquisition intelligence service, which means that these guys don't take failure for an answer and are cold-blooded killers in theory and practicality.

"Men!" Fava told his followers, "The holy father picked you for this prestigious and dangerous mission to serve and protect me from any harm. To repeat, the reason why all of us are here is to locate the tomb of heretic Ardian Emperor Siegbert IV, who is buried somewhere here in a temple...in this awfully grotesque djungle where malaria and beasts can easily wipe us out, well if it weren't of course for our medical shots and high powered guns to ward them off hahaha...". Fava was good in rhetorics, so he let in a brief pace of humor to even out the tense mission. "Once we find the tomb, we're supposed to extract the supposed treasure that contain the forged and blasphemous claim that the Merovingian dynasty are descendants of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene, to be taken back to the Vatican Archives...as a valid and acclaimed historian in many institutions, I can definitely guarantee you that this is pure Dan Brown fiction, which I absolutely detest and hate for WHAT IT STANDS FOR!". He took a deep breath once more before continuing, at least he was taken seriously by the followers. "The holy father also told me that you're here to end the lives of those who dare compromise our mission, we all know that the Sionists promised to also search for it and try to convince simple-minded people to join their mentally deranged cause.
 Bah, we're also to destroy this so-called treasure for plan B...I know and you know that artefacts are to never be destroyed for the preservation for mankind's knowledge, but forgeries and endless lies such as this one is totally acceptable, we're going to be regarded as heroes by the rest of the world and our God, saving mankind from damming itself to everlasting suffering in hell! ARE YOU WILLING TO FOLLOW ME AND LEAD OUR CHURCH?" The followers answered "YES!".

"INSIEME PER LA VICTORIA, DEUS VULT!" Fava exclaimed which was soon followed by the followers, over and over again. He showed a bitter sweet smile, at least he had the fully loyalty and support from the followers. "Now...let's see where you are...Siegbert!" he said before finally venturing in the deep djungle, prepared for any surprises whatsoever...as well as any guided spiritual assistance, obviously.

yasha:
For an aimless wanderer, Saeko Ashikaga spent quite a lot of time in Tokulel, the scorched nation in eastern Cotf Aranye was the closest thing she had to a home after fleeing Himeyama; in fact, she knew more about the country than some of the locals, still looked like just another tourist though.

Parking at a little roadside stop, she scrolled through her phone trying to find who texted her on the road; instead the name Yua came up, reminding her that the last time she even spoke to her sister was the day before she was sent to prison. She tried her best to ignore it as she locked her phone and stepped out of her Land Rover, kicking up a bit of dust as she did.

Stepping inside the restaurant, she took a table next to a pair of backpackers, taking some time to examine them before they turned their heads back to look around. "Guess I'm not the only one who's gonna stand out here." she thought to herself before seeing what was cheap on the menu.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version