Roleplay > Diplomacy and Events

Renewing The Pyrettania-Nakim Accords

(1/1)

Beatrice:

A Private Message To President Kadassa
Honourable President,

As we've seen in recent days Rokkenjiman-Lakhzovian cooperation, coordination and collaboration can result in some truly remarkable results. It is true in recent times that Pyrettania has not been as good a friend to the Lakhzov Republic as the Republic has been to the First Empire and it is my hopes that we may begin to rectify that. In addition, I hope to solidify Rokkenjiman-Lakhzovian cooperation and strengthen our bonds of cooperation. In these interests I invite you to the Imperial Palace, the first foreign leader to enjoy that honour and, pending coordination with the Kingdom of Tytor on my part, to extend to you an invitation for Lakhzovia to the Cross-Straits Treaty Organisation.

I firmly believe that Rokkenjiman-Lakhzov cooperation in the Krimeon is key to ensuring regional stability and our joint economic interests, and I hope to see Rokkenjiman economic success transcend into Lakhzovian success as well. There is no reason why the Lakhzov Republic should not have greater reach beyond her borders, so I will seek to discuss with you an exclusive deal regarding rare Mundus minerals. While I will have a request of my own I am certain that our paths align, that our goals are shared, and look forward to welcoming a friend to the Rokkenjiman People with the welcome he is duly deserving of. Let us make 2023 the year when Pyrettania-Nakim stands for friendship, international peace and stability, and sets a standard which the whole of Mundus will seek to emulate.

Your friend;

Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Lakhzovia:

Office of the President of the
Lakhzov Republic
On behalf of the Lakhzov people and government, I would like to extend my sincere gratitude for your invitation to visit the Imperial Palace. We appreciate your kind gesture and look forward to the opportunity to discuss and strengthen the ties between our two great nations.

I fully agree with your statement that Rokkenjiman-Lakhzov cooperation in the Krimeon is crucial to ensuring regional stability and promoting our joint economic interests. As you mentioned, we share common goals and values, and it is our hope to see our friendship continue to flourish in the years to come.

As the world faces numerous challenges, such as political instability, climate change, and security threats, it is essential that nations work together to address these issues. We fully recognize the value of security cooperation and the importance of maintaining regional stability to promote peace and security globally.

In light of this, we appreciate the invitation to join the Cross-Straits Treaty Organisation and will carefully consider this opportunity. We also look forward to discussing the exclusive deal on rare Mundus minerals and exploring avenues for mutual economic growth and development.

Once again, please accept our gratitude for your invitation, and we look forward to continuing our strong and valued partnership.

Sincerely,

Sachim Kadassa
President of the Lakhzov Republic

Beatrice:

After touching down at Pyrettania International Airport President Kadassa would find the road leading to the entrance of the Imperial Palace lined with Her Imperial Majesty's Guard, with all the pomp and circumstance of a formal state visit on full display. Rokkenjiman citizens were also on hand, throwing suisens on the road ahead of Kadassa's motorcade, whilst others held a Rokkenjiman flag in one hand and a Lakhzovian flag in the other. As the motorcade pulled beyond the walls of the Imperial Palace a short drive would await them, at the end the Empress awaited, greeting President Kadassa with a nod held for just one second before taking his hand in hers. "Honourable President, welcome to the Imperial Palace. It is my greatest honour to welcome you, would you join me inside?" she said as she motioned for Kadassa to follow.

The fog still hang low as the two leaders ascended the stairs, "I find it fitting that, on this occasion, we meet at the Imperial Palace which my niece saw to restoration. May that theme, restoration, carry us through our meeting," Shizukesa said with a genuine smile. "I do hope your flight was uneventful and I hope you're hungry; I've had the kitchen prepare a spread of Rokkenjiman and Lakhzovian specialties that we shall enjoy during our discussions. I know my predecessors have had troubled relations with you, however, I hope that today is the first day in placing firmly such times behind us."

As they entered a room with a small table with two chairs sat directly opposed the Empress motioned for Kadassa to sit and, once he had, she took her seat and enjoyed the Oshizushi which had been prepared for her in advance. Likewise, from available information on Kadassa, a Lakhzovian dish had been prepared for his arrival. "In part you know the topics I which to discuss," she said once her mouth had been cleared of food, tending to lips with a napkin before speaking yet again, "however there will be a request I have not fully elaborated upon in our correspondence up to this point. Before we reach that point, with the cards before you, I wish to ask what your expectations are from this meeting; what is it that Sachim, if I may use your first name, wishes to take home to his People from our meeting today? Where do you see our nations five years from now?"

The Empress left those words hang as she took another bite, "both the tea and mead are delectable to the pallet, though I would be remiss if I did not favour the mead. It was bottled at the signing of the Pyrettania-Nakim Accords and I couldn't think of a better time to open a bottle but today."

Lakhzovia:
Kadassa made a show of being touched by the welcome. He smiled and nodded in response to the Empress's gracious words before responding "Your Imperial Majesty, thank you for your warm welcome and for the delicious spread. The flight was uneventful, and I am indeed hungry. I appreciate the effort that has been made to prepare Lakhzov cuisine for me. It reflects well on the respect that exists between our two nations."

Kadassa paused for a moment before continuing, "As for my expectations from this meeting, It is no secret that Rokkenjima is Lakhzovia's most important ally; I am here to build on the friendship and cooperation that already exists between our two nations. All can see that as partners our two nations have been key in promoting regional stability, security, and economic prosperity, it is my intention that the special relationship that exists between us will continue to deepen and serve as an example for international cooperation."

Kadassa took a sip of the mead and savored the taste. "I agree, the mead is indeed excellent. However there is a bitterness in that this may be the last time for a while I should be here to sample it. You are no doubt aware of the upcoming election, and I am certain that your analysts known what my own have told me, namely the strong chance that I may not be rightful President for much longer. I wonder therefore what this visit serves you, after all in a month you may have an entirely new government with new priorities to deal with instead of me." he paused and smiled "Unless this visit is some manner of farewell?"

Beatrice:
Empress Shizukesa nodded as Kadassa reflected on the special relationship, one which she was informed had been a source of contention and ire with the Achkaerinese at times. "We can reflect on events which may occur a month from now, a year, ten years, but in this moment you are the rightful President of the Lakhzov Republic," she would respond. "Just as you my predecessors dealt with situations where they had to restore order to their nation and, even when the decisions were difficult, you rose to the occasion and did all that was within your power to preserve the unity of your nation, as well as the potential which is ahead of it. Alas, that is where we differ, I need not worry about elections, yet when I was crowned I saw the history of poor decisions by my predecessors toward your nation and I knew that you, above all others, would be the one to share my concerns in that regard so who else would I wish to solidify our bonds with?" she said as she raised a glass in toast.

"Now we have this business of piracy in the Krimeon," she continued as she set her glass down, "and while I hope to see a victorious Election Day for you, we both have to accept that the outcome we both desire may not materialize. Rokkenjima has several interests in the Krimeon; as a maritime power it contains a most vital link between Rokkenjima and the Imperial Overseas Dependency of Rishiri. We cannot have pirates and third-rate powers threatening the security of vital sea links and so I wished to offer you an exchange," she continued as she presented materials before Kadassa. "Rokkenjima has long viewed Lakhzovia as the securing power of the Peniche Bay and surrounding waters, and so I wished to enter into a partnership with you. We would seek to establish an agreement which sees the establishment of a Rokkenjiman naval base on Lakhzov territory, with options to utilize Lakhzovian Naval ports for repairs and replenishment, so that we may ensure the security of Rokkenjiman shipping in the Krimeon. This arrangement would be undertaken with a statement of Rokkenjiman faith in Lakhzovia's position as the preeminent force in the Peniche and a stalwart partner in the Krimeon in addition to offering the Republic the rights to preferential treatment and most favourable terms in the exploitment of the trove of rare-Mundus minerals uncovered in Rokkenjiman waters. We would also see Lakhzovia raised to a "peer partner" of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy and Rokkenjiman support for a fast-track approval process for Lakhzovia to ascendance into the Cross-Straits Treaty Organization."

"I want to see Lakhzovia recognized as the true partner of Rokkenjima that it is, and to be respected as such," she continued. "We saw what our cooperation could accomplish with these pirates already, I feel there is much, much more that we shall accomplish together should we renew our bonds, reassure Mundus that our bonds are unbreakable, and set forth a partnership between our nations which shall greatly outlive either of us."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version