Roleplay > History

[Canon Building] Historical and Cultural Connections Megathread

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sam:
I haven't written up anything regarding this since I envisage Saheristan being a colonial possession at the time of the World Wars. I wasn't initially going to go down this path, but my nation is prime real estate next to the Matilda Channels and it provides some cultural links between myself and another player. This would have taken place during the early 18th century.

At some stage in the fifties or possibly up to the sixties depending on how hard the colonial overlord was holding on, Saheristan will become independent. Whether this happens peacefully or in a bloody French Algeria style conflict can then be worked out between the overlord and myself.

Any immediate takers to be Saheristan's coloniser?

Weremark:
When I brought Weremark's idea over to TIO, I did also import my cultural links to other players and my general 'major player' status in medieval times, largely to make up for my stagnant and relatively weak modern nation. Thus, Weremark's former state (colloquially called Greater Weremark) encompassed modern Weremark, Aurora, and parts of Heimar. On the same note, I have a confirmed former colony in Wahland. ES spoke with me yesterday about Balticum being a former Werman colony, which speaks Werman, and I believe I spoke earlier with Syph. about Herrenbrucht needing a colonial originator as well.

I've also imagined Weremark as taking /heavy/ losses during the War, reducing them from a prominent player to a nation with the wealth of a former 2nd-world nation today; that could perhaps stem from being one of the Ardian Empire's northern menaces, now that the option seems to be open. That being said, they are a bit of a rogue nation in that they never fully progressed to being a modern nation state - indeed, some of the RP I have planned coming up will deal with their avenues of transition back into what they assume is prominence.

Weremark /does/ speak Werman, a language I've designed to be halfway between Gothic and Old English, and therefore could have strong relations with any Germanic nation, whether by former colony status or through co-development (which is the path I've inferred to be the case with more Norse-themed nations such as NA, Frystjord, etc.). If anyone wants to work on these ideas, please chime in.

/Update: Balticum may not have been a direct colony, per ES's correction.

The Young Pope:

--- Quote from: Sam on October 22, 2017, 02:19:30 PM ---I haven't written up anything regarding this since I envisage Saheristan being a colonial possession at the time of the World Wars. I wasn't initially going to go down this path, but my nation is prime real estate next to the Matilda Channels and it provides some cultural links between myself and another player. This would have taken place during the early 18th century.

At some stage in the fifties or possibly up to the sixties depending on how hard the colonial overlord was holding on, Saheristan will become independent. Whether this happens peacefully or in a bloody French Algeria style conflict can then be worked out between the overlord and myself.

--- End quote ---

I'm very much interested in your offer, either ES or Balticum would suffice, depending on the cultural influenced and such. Discord through pm is preferable for such discussions as well as publicy unless you have special requirements?

Libby:

--- Quote from: Sam on October 22, 2017, 02:19:30 PM ---I haven't written up anything regarding this since I envisage Saheristan being a colonial possession at the time of the World Wars. I wasn't initially going to go down this path, but my nation is prime real estate next to the Matilda Channels and it provides some cultural links between myself and another player. This would have taken place during the early 18th century.

--- End quote ---

With you being over the straits from the Iwi and the The Iwi being occupied by Royal Seleucid wouldn't that be an option? That way RS would have essentially contolled a lot of the straits.

Comrade Kermit:

--- Quote from: Weremark on October 22, 2017, 02:47:07 PM ---
Weremark /does/ speak Werman, a language I've designed to be halfway between Gothic and Old English, and therefore could have strong relations with any Germanic nation, whether by former colony status or through co-development (which is the path I've inferred to be the case with more Norse-themed nations such as NA, Frystjord, etc.). If anyone wants to work on these ideas, please chime in.

/Update: Balticum may not have been a direct colony, per ES's correction.

--- End quote ---

I'm searching for a ex colonial overlord for Herrenbucht. The German that is spoken there could have developed from a mix of Werman and maybe local dialects and other immigrants' languages. @Weremark You in for it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version