Roleplay > Historical Wars

Operation Crimson Storm - the Mhorish Sea Campaign - RP MOD HAT ON!!

(1/3) > >>

DaveIronside:
If I'm honest this RP is moving a little fast without things being sorted. Its something that is going to be an important part of our world's canon, however at the moment its just simply bizarre. I've avoided getting involved as frankly its becoming a ROFLstomp of the Ardians and logistically this doesn't make sense. Even Gadshack who was deeply involved in the concept has no idea who the sides are.

So Step 1 of me sorting this out is gathering the two sides together. Let me know which side your on and why.

THIS IS ONLY FOR THE MHORISH CAMPAIGN

Side 1Side 2 Himeyama
AhkabnilArdian Empire
Royal Seleucid
Heyra

yasha:
The Himekuno Republic is on Side 1, the Mhorish Campaign sparked with Ardia declaring war on Himekuno and taking the strategically invaluable atoll of Nurashima with a decisive naval attack.

If more detail is desired I'm happy to oblige.

DaveIronside:

--- Quote from: tama on December 21, 2017, 08:43:33 PM ---The Himekuno Republic is on Side 1, the Mhorish Campaign sparked with Ardia declaring war on Himekuno and taking the strategically invaluable atoll of Nurashima with a decisive naval attack.

If more detail is desired I'm happy to oblige.

--- End quote ---

Could I get some background on why the war was declared. Not asking this as in "you can't be part of it" but just helps us create the background.

Gadshack:
Ahk on side one

https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=436.msg3323#msg3323

outdated but basic reasons stand

yasha:
With the horn of Ardia geopolitically fractured after Ahkabnil and Himekuno seceded from the Quywe Empire, The newly formed and highly militaristic Himekuno Republic, while at peace with both the ardians and Quywe at the moment, was on a self-destructive course of militarization with the intention of striking down Cojotan, the remaining territory of the Quywe Empire and likely conquer the rest of the Horn afterwards.

Knowing this was likely the case, Ardia essentially came to the Quywe Empire with the clear intention of vassalizing them, with the promise that they could restore the Quywe Empire while also plotting to expand their influence into the Mhorish; their target was Nurashima, from which they could maintain a significant naval presence in the region. With this in mind, Ardia launched a surprise attack on Nurashima on May 1940, quickly taking control of the island and pushing inwards to the Horn of Ardia  with the intent on pacifying the rogue republic with an amphibious invasion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version