Author Topic: Between A Rokk and a Hard Place (Attn Josai)  (Read 3287 times)

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
Between A Rokk and a Hard Place (Attn Josai)
« on: May 30, 2019, 11:44:32 AM »

OFFICIAL LETTER FROM THE PALACE OF QUINTELIA

To: President Seiko Kumoya

Greetings! We see that your nation, may it be small, is already developed and became an innovation center for technology. Therefore, we are inviting you, and a few key players in the technology industry to the city of Nueva Lungsod to discuss a few diplomatic matters as well as to help expand the influences of companies from both of our nations. We hope that this brings our nations together and help bring stability in the continent. We wish you well and may God/s bless you.

Truly yours,

King Lapu

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Baal System
Re: Between A Rokk and a Hard Place (Attn Josai)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 12:57:00 PM »

To: King Lapu

It is with great honour and spirit of sincere friendship that the Republic of Josai shall extend its had of friendship towards the most gracious offer put forth of Quintella. The President along with 2 other Secretaries shall send over a small delegation to Nueva Lungsod  and go over the finer details of a possible treaty at your earliest convenience.

Yours Faithfully

Seiko Kumoya, President of the Republic of Josai.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 05:19:51 PM »
King Lapu, along with Minister of Trade and Industry Miguel Ibañez, and CEO of Dalton Motors Ian Dalton, stood waiting on the tarmac of Nueva Lungsod International Airport. A marching band stood by performing a melody resembling that of the Quintelian national anthem. All terminals were closed for three hours, which only caused a minor inconvinience to some people.

"Why did you do this here and not in Lungsod? Wouldn't it make more sense for you to meet the delegates there?" Miguel asked his king while waiting on the tarmac.

"I was hoping you wouldn't ask that, but while yes, it is more symbolic to have them in Lungsod, I don't think our guests would like a view of a grid lock or slums from Fort Bonifacio. Showing them this nee shining city would give us a better image." King Lapu replied as he straightened his fur coat. "Though I never expected to wear this while I'm here in Quintelia. Weather has been out of wack this month."

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 12:25:57 AM »
President Seiko Kumoya and her delegates Secretary of State Keiko Uwi and Commerce and Trade Secretary Gendo Shibata and the CEO of the largest Civil Engineering Company in Josai Seiku Corporation Shinji Ato and the CEO of Hanyo Motor Industries Yukino Eshida arrived at Nueva Lungsod International Airport and a small security delegation of 20 guards made their way clearing customs and made their way towards their Quintellian counterparts.

President Seiko was in all respects resembling that of a very nice, calm and endearing pensioner, the President greeted King Lapu with a traditional Josain bow as did the rest of the delegation. "Greetings your majesty. We are grateful for your nation to receive us. I hope we didn't keep you for too long."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 12:35:49 AM by Baal »

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 01:28:56 PM »
"Welcome to Quintelia!" King Lapu greeted the newly arrived Josains. "Though all of you didn't need to go through customs. You were all invited here and we trust you don't mean harm to us. Now if you would follow me please." The King led the Josain delegation to a train platform attached to the terminal of the airport. "We don't have special train cars for visiting heads of states or very important people, however, this train line shall give us a nice view over the city." The King said as the group boarded the train. "From what I know, this train mostly serves construction workers trying to get to and from their destinations as this city is just getting built." The doors closed and the train sped off like a bullet. "Now, most of the city is still under construction, I mean, cities aren't built in a day, right?" King Lapu jokingly said. The train went through the business center, where skyscrapers are halfway built all over the city. "It will take ten minutes to go from here to the city hall, where we will hopefully be able to talk about a few things and reach an agreement. However, please do enjoy the view first. It's fair for me to assume that you won't see such a view like this in your nation." The elevated tracks gave the passengers of the train a view of a large portion of the city with rolling farm fields in the midground and the silhouette of the Dagohoy Mountain Range in the background.

After the short ride, the group got off the train and went straight to the city hall. "These days, this is where representatives of SANE talk over different matters as the SANE headquarters is just beginning its construction." King Lapu started again as they walked through the halls of the newly furnished building. "The structural shape of this building resembled that of a traditional mountain hut, but the floorplan has that colonial feel." King Lapu continued on as they reached a meeting hall. "Anyways, please do take a seat." He insisted as a few people went in and placed a small glass in front of everyone and filled it with basi or rice wine. "So, ladies and gentlemen, before we begin, do you have anything to say." King Lapu said as he took a sip of his drink.

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 01:02:21 PM »
The President spoke in gest at King Lapus first statement “Ah well you know we are from Josai, you know city people, farms? What are farms?” She said as she chuckled lightly. Secretary of State Keiko Uwi also chimed in with her observations “You that train kind of reminds me of the Bullt train we have back home at Josai Central Station in Shinada where we catch trains into Rokkenjima. “

All the delegates sat down in their seats the President simply spoke “Yes I believe the agenda today is drafting up a trade treaty with Quintella, we hope to use this occasion as a…Hmm.. Secretart Keiko how would you put it?”

Secretary of State Keoko Uwi spoke to respond to her President. “Litmus test? Or perhaps dipping our toes in the water?” The president responded “Yes I believe that description is adequate, thank you Ms Uwi.Please your majesty continue.”

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 09:38:07 AM »
King Lapu chuckled at the joke the president said about farms "Well maybe you'd like to buy some land we have not yet developed, maybe we can call a representative from Dizon Farms to write up a contract or something, but I'm getting ahead of myself. Perhaps we should start drawing up a treaty then." King Lapu started as he produced a sheet of paper out of the drawers.

Treaty of Friendship, Trade and Mutual Security Between the Empire of Quintelia and the
The Republic of Josai

Section I - Diplomacy
(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a stay lasting no longer than 365 days
(b) Has a return ticket
(c) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(d) Has no criminal record
(e) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

"Of course if you have anything to add or take away, now's the time." He took another sip of his basi before continuing. "Just a note for the embassy, I should say that we're centralizing all our embassies here in Nueva Lungsod with the new New Derusmian embassy opening recently. So after we sign a treaty, we'd go out the balcony so you could pick your plot of land for your embassy. Would that be okay with you?" Lapu finished his glass of wine and poured himself another.

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2019, 07:06:05 AM »
President Seiko replied "This treaty is good for a dip in the water. I would also like to discuss further dealings in terms of Quintella receiving some foreign direct investment in certain infrastructure projects as well, we will also be more than happy on that offer for buying land. In exchange we will reduce any trade barriers on goods being imported from Quintella, as you know your majesty, Josai has no real natural resources, thus we would like to pursue Quintella as an imports market as we do not wish to be too dependant on Rokkenjima for the importation of natural resources”

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 04:08:19 PM »
King Lapu nodded along to what the president said and continued. "We're in an economic boom, I think, so some additional investments especially in the manufacturing sector." He answered back. "As for land, like I said, we have some that we can sell for you from the Dizon Conglomerate, let me just call a representative over" The king took out his phone to call someone and Minister Ibanez took over.

"While his majesty is making a call for you to buy land, maybe we can also talk about the investment Josai will make." Miguel continued as he opened another bottle of basi. "First and most important of all would be the manufacturing industry. You see we are an agricultural power, one of the top net exporters of food products. However, importing electronics and machinery is way too expensive. So, I'd like to invite Josaian companies to make the Quintelian market more competitive." He took a sip of his drink and cleared his throat. "We can have a regional headquarters for the Southern Ardian region here in Quintelia for your companies, in exchange, we can give them a few tax breaks We would even have cooperative projects both for civilian and military use." Ibanez continued and waited for the Josaian’s reply.