Author Topic: Uunveiling The Vale - CETO Festival 2024  (Read 845 times)

Offline Gusano

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Gusano
Uunveiling The Vale - CETO Festival 2024
« on: January 16, 2024, 09:34:07 PM »
The Vale may be the newest city in the Eyrie but it was quickly filling up for the festival. Lady Aurora had ensured that all the visiting guests and exhibitors had been placed in the hotels and villas before it became possible for the general public to attend. While The Vale was a new city just 25km down the river to the East and 20km up track via the railway were other cities but they lacked The Vale's spiritual significance of straddling both the Funnel, a name given to the majority of the nation, and the Solitude which was the smaller mountainous and spiritual heartland. The city was to the best of the engineers reckoning still about 40% away from being completed but the people were keen to showcase the place.

The city had an airport, in a manner of speaking. Castarel was a significant city in the Eyrie and had an airport suitable for international travel, now it was serviced by a shiny new railway hub that ran directly into The Vale. A large festival ground had been cleared with everything from a large circus style big top for shows, market stalls for craftsmen to sell their goods and small tents allowing food stalls and seating to form pop up restaurants had filled the space. Over the coming hours various nations would gather and begin setting up their own contributions to the festival.

Lady Aurora, accompanied by the giant bear head clad Sergeant of the Guard, Florián Montero was every present with the Veiled One who had even donned a brand newly made silver mask. This one was shaped to give a vague bird shaped face, its break less pronounced but none the less unmistakable as a kind of eagle. She was at the Central View Hotel, the largest in the new city that would be home to any visiting VIP's. It was on the roof terrace that she awaited any of the significant guests who would be attending. She was nervous as this was the first CETO festival for quiet a while and furthermore was the first major event the nation had held.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: Uunveiling The Vale - CETO Festival 2024
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 11:49:20 PM »
Where had the time gone? That was the question running around inside Serenity's head, it didn't seem like a decade since she, King David and others had sat in a room in Northfort and crafted the very treaty that underpinned the CETO and yet it was ten years ago. The arrangements for this from the Achkaerinese perspective had been somewhat interesting, those familiar with Achkaerinese royals turning up at festivals knew well that they viewed such things as a family occasion in this instance it was no different Serenity was accompanied by her two daughters Astrid and Lisa as well as her girlfriend Euphy. Having been to a few of these sorts of things before it was calculated that such an event presented diplomatic opportunities which was why the elected head of the Achkaerinese Government Michael Williams, the Consul, was in attendance. Rounding out the Achkaerinese attendees were two people who'd potentially be quite busy at the festival Doctor Donna Steele, the first chair of the CETO, and Melanie Bell arguably Mundus's most noted Archaeologist and quite likely one of the youngest as well. Donna and Melanie would be participating more in the Scholars meeting that was scheduled.

Arriving on the roof of the hotel, Serenity blinked against the sun light for a moment, making a mental note to apologise to the Morelander's when she saw them for ruining their reputation for punctuality, and approached Aurora. "Veiled One." she said choosing the title rather than the name as she presumed that to be the appropriate etiquette for first contact so to speak "I thank you for the invitation and as the then girl who hosted the first of these festivals I thank you for hosting this festival, it's been far too long since the last one. May I introduce my family and the rest of Achkaerin's delegation." she went down the line introducing each person and then nodded to Michael who handed Serenity a leatherbound book.

"This is a gift to mark the occasion." Serenity said handing the book to Aurora "It's what you could call a factbook of obscure Mundus trivia, it was put together by Achkaerinese schoolchildren to mark ten years of the CETO, it's got information on different nations, recent history, some things that people may laugh about, things that are rarely known. I think there's a reference to King David's stag night and a beer bike in there and a Panda breeding program as well. I hope you like it."

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 03:05:59 AM »
   There was a first time for everything, Princess Minako thought as the plane entered Gusanense airspace, and what an opportunity this was. She'd been abroad numerous times, of course, having undertaken her first diplomatic visit as far back as 2018 to Paechon, but this was her first time visiting Gusano; actually, it was the first time a great many people were visiting the country. She wasn't alone, to be sure, as the delegation also included Sadazane Konishi as representative for the elected government and Doctor Ichirō Enomoto, Fusan's representative to the CETO, yet there was one person whose absence was rather conspicuous. It was understandable as to why he wasn't coming, and it hurt that she had to go now, but someone had to represent the country, and so, duty called.

The usual diplomatic fanfare aside, the trip into the Vale itself was rather ordinary. Like always, the motorcade made its way through the streets, each vehicle in the nearly twenty-long convoy travelling along the otherwise empty road, lined with onlookers to the many guests who would be arriving shortly. This level of security wasn't something she was usually afforded; instead, as she was travelling in the company of the Prime Minister, she was able to ride in "Imperial One" rather than the standard Century Imperial line used by much of the Imperial Family since... forever, really.
   "Imperial One passing checkpoint kitte." a voice said over the radio as the motorcade passed an intersection along their route. Home stretch now, and then work could begin. Eventually, they would arrive outside of the Central View Hotel, where they would be met by Dr. Enomoto and a few others before heading inside and up to the terrace, whereupon they would meet the ever-mysterious "Veiled One", Lady Aurora, their host for the evening.
   "Veiled One, on the behalf of His Imperial Majesty, I wish to thank you personally for this most gracious invitation." Minako said as Sadazane remained silent; while he was there officially in order to represent the government, the truth was that his primary role was to supervise the Princess as it was the first diplomatic visit she was heading up. "Prime Minister Sadazane Konishi, Dr. Ichirō Enomoto." She said, briefly introducing the other prominent members of the entourage before motioning for one of her aides to hand her something. "This is an inrō—a sort of portable medicine box—made by Takeuchi Gahō, one of the greatest lacquerware artists our nation has seen." She said, introducing the gift. It was small, but richly decorated with images of cranes standing beneath a gnarled pine tree, while its netsuke—its toggle—was fashioned in the shape of an eagle. "As it brought health to its previous owner, it is our sincerest hope that it will do the same for you."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024, 11:44:20 AM »
David was a little disappointed. He saw CETO as his first baby and as a result had been keen to display the unique Moreland love of punctuality however being married to a Lodjain was probably not a good way of maintaining such a thing. He was a little annoyed therefore to see not one, but two, delegations had arrived before him. While the rest however had made their way to find Lady Aurora David hadn't, he instead left that job to Henrietta Quinn who was his now Prime Minister but who 10 years earlier had helped him pen the first draft of this treaty. Henrietta waited her turn in line and then bowed to Aurora "Your Grace" she said with a smile. "I am afraid that the alure of the festival grounds was a little too much for King David and he's gone to ensure that the Morelanders there are getting things perfect. I am afraid that I have brought no gift to this reception as a thank you as His Majesty has something for you at the festival grounds.....or at least I believe thats the case. I do though wish to thank you for hosting this. I hope this symbolic city of yours becomes the great cultural hub that you are hoping. Its certainly an impressive beginning." She said as she made her way to one side to allow the next group to arrive.

At the festival grounds there was of course one place David wanted to go. "Good morning Max" the King said as he approached the small portable forge set up by the Royal Smith.

"Good morning Your Majesty" the stout 70 year old Max said as he unrolled a leather roll of tools. "You well I hope?"

"Excited" the King said as he gave the bellows a few pumps seeing the fire beginning to lose some intensity.

"We're not starting yet" Max said remembering how the King as a little boy had a habit of getting a little carried away around the forge. "I've that thing you wanted" He said removing a wooden box that was of seemingly no great significance from under a bench. He flicked the lid open and allowed the King to peer inside. The King patted him on the shoulder and smiled approvingly.

"They look good" David said picking up a half finished sword that had been sat on a workbench. "Whose is this?" David asked giving it a close examination.

"Your uncle actually." Max waited for the King to finish his examination. The King was very much a sub par smith despite having had numerous lessons and spent a great deal of time as a youth watching him work. Max however knew there was perhaps no-one on Mundus who knew more about the history of swords or on how to judge them as a youth David had been obsessed and had even used his position as a Prince to spend hours at the Museum of Blades in Northfort handling historic blades throughout the Kingdom and Mundus history. "Its a 30th birthday present for young Theo."

The King gave it a few swings. "You adding some more weight in the hilt?" The King asked looking down the length once more.

"Aye" Max confirmed taking the blade off the King before he could begin with anymore suggestions. "I was hoping to get some time in on it while giving the demos." Max was here as the centrepiece of East Moreland's offerings to the cultural festival. Surrounding his portable forge was a sword square where several youngsters from Sir Charles Townshend's Swordsmanship School were practicing. It was there that Rhiannon and Stasya were watching with Rhiannon literally shadowing the moves of the students as they lightly sparred. "She not getting in there?" Max laughed pointing at her.

"She would if I'd let her." The King surveyed the rest of the Morelanders there. A small fire saw a deer slowly being roasted while he could already smell the potatoes roasting. A tent constructed by a team lead by Jocelyn Hopkins, the leading artist of the Royal Household contained a kind of exhibition of art works from East Moreland and a second tent housed a more child friendly tent with actors and musicians using song and drama to bring alive many of East Moreland's favourite children's folkstories. David had half expected Rhiannon to head there as when they'd arrived he had heard them singing a song of the great Queen Rhiannon the Fierce whom she was named after however the clang of swords had been a much better sound to the young Princess.

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 10:40:29 PM »
Pharaoh Akasha would arrive after King David, deflecting the glances she received from some of the delegations assembled. Her government had, after all, done all it could to alleviate their derision toward the Kingdom of Clysperis, she resolved in her mind, so any remaining ire would be be based upon undue and unjust prejudice. She however found herself before her hosts, "Oh Veiled one," she said warmly, "If I am to understand we already share something in common. Whilst my true name is now known across Mundus, for years, due to our beliefs that knowledge of a true name gave an adversary power over us mine was hidden, so I respect your position there. I was lucky to first share my true name with the love of my life," she continued with a smile, "though I am happy to meet you under that name, Akasha," she said with a bow of respect. "I look forward to what is in store for the day, and to knowing you and your People better prior to my return home."

As she had traveled alone, and with few friends present in this new and impressive land, she gravitated toward Serenity and the Achkaerinese. "You know, given the history of the Kingdom and our past trading of barbs I have few friends here," she sighed. "As I've come alone, would you mind if I act essentially as a "plus one" to your delegation?" she asked, looking first to the Morelanders and then to the Daitojin. "I truly don't hate them," she sighed, "but I can't be too careful at the same time. I did, after all, implicate them in conspiracies and all manners of improper conduct, but if Clysperis is to be a modern nation and share relations with the world around it, this is our first chance at that. I trust my friend will guide my hand here well, at the moment you're the only friend I have here. Sorry for such a big ask this early out of the gate."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis