Author Topic: A Proposal of the Network of Republics  (Read 18814 times)

guest163

Re: A Proposal of the Network of Republics
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2018, 12:33:03 AM »
Elyot was silent, he refused to vote for the disqualification of Kaitaine, he thought for an entire minute and he got up with his cane and fixed his robe. "As a representative for The Commonwealth, we hold our stance on pacifism and neutrality and we withdraw our possible membership to the NoR, we won't disqualify Kaitaine's membership but we would not allow them to harm people's right to practice their faith." He stood from his sit and headed to the door where Lavaud stood near. "Thank you for the dear kindness, President Lavaud." He lefted the conference room and proceeded to the car while he's security followed suit. He did not expect the meeting to go to that direction, but he stood by he's principles and this is for the good of The Commonwealth.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2018, 09:58:56 AM »
"Thank you Elyot for your presence here, you may leave this room with full dignity and honor intact" President Lavaud simply said, saddened over the fact that two potential members walked out of NoR due to such controversies but there was nothing he could do when practicalities came into conflict with personal values. "Anyone else wants to leave? So please do so now, as I'll now proceed further with this convention; Are there anymore criticisms regarding the presented articles or is it agreed fruitfully? Might I also take the opportunity to remind everyone not to tailor this treaty according to one's own national interests and agenda including world domination, please take into consideration of others...to think I've been compelled to do so at such a high level." Lavaud said in a bitter tone.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2018, 10:55:28 AM »
Vadik was rather pleased with how things had gone, he'd have actually preferred Mountjoy to have remained but he wasn't going to lose any sleep over things.

"If I may" Vadik placed a copy of the charter on the table, "While you were discussing our fate I took the liberty, trusting you'd reach the sensible decision you have, to make some suggestions." With that he placed his amended copy of the charter on the table.

Spoiler: Vadik version • show

Recognising the independence of Republics.

Understanding the need for international co-operation amongst citizens is vital for international harmony

Committed to celebrating the uniqueness of nations.

Hopeful that Republics can co-operate in a range of areas

The nations signing this document hereby agree to the following conditions.

1. That Republics will act towards each other with friendship and kindness. That any disputes shall be settled by peaceful means whenever possible using a neutral nationvarious international organisations to bring about mutually acceptable solutions.

2. That Republics will host Ambassadors of other member nations within their capital. These Ambassadors are to present themselves to the Head of State/Government within 24 hours of being summoned in writing.

3. That every two years a Festival of Nations shall take place[3]. This shall be a Cultural Festival to be hosted in a member nation choosen by a panel made up of one representative per nation. Each representative may nominate one city as host and may cast one vote, this however may not be for their nation. A nation may not host two consecutive Festivals.

4. That every two years[4], to be staggered with the Festival of Republics, a Tournament of Nations shall take place. This shall be a sporting event similar to the Mundus Games but on a smaller scale with each member nation choosing two Sports. The host shall be choosen by a panel made up of one representative per nation. Each representative may nominate one city as host and may cast one vote, this however may not be for their nation. A nation may not host two consecutive Tournaments.

5. The Network of Republics shall share information on criminal activity and organisations branded terrorists by any member, that may effect other nations.

6. Members of the Network of Republics agree that they shall ensure any Tariffs in existence are no higher for members than for the lowest tariffed non-republic nation which does not hold a Trade Agreement.[5]

7. Member nations agree that should a natural disaster/act of God befall a fellow member they shall take whatever action is within their power to offer support.

8. Member nations agree to an annual Council of Ministers. This shall take place in a rotation basis determined on the order by which this Treaty is signed. This Council shall be attended by either the Head of Government or their appointed person and shall discuss matters of international importance as well as co-operation between members.

9. This Treaty shall be open to any nation that has the governmental form of a republic, which shall be defined as one with an elected non hereditary leader, with a time limited term of office whom is not coronated so far as they ratify this Treaty. A member may be blocked from joining should a petition of more than 70% of members be presented within 48 hours of the disputed nation signing this Treaty.

10. A nation may leave this Treaty at any time by giving 30 days written notice.

11. This Treaty shall come into force from the ____________________________

Signed________________At Empire Bay D.C, Empire Bay, Bretonnian Republic
 3.  Or annually for RP purpose
 4.  Or annually for RP purpose
 5.  May need reworking, but essentially Bretonnia would, for example, not be able to charge Heyra a 10% Tariff on Steel, if they charged ES (monarchy) 7% and ES had the lowest steel Tariff of any non-agreement nation. HELP!!!!

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Azenyanistan
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2018, 11:14:38 AM »
Hayat Ben Barka was the selected man for the job. However, she was running late. She almost got left behind by her plane and now she was trying her best to get as fast as she could to the meeting for the Republics, hoping to God that she will not get left behind too. As she held her documents to her heart and her driver drove as fast as he could without breaking a law, Hayat Ben Barka tried to remember what she would say on behalf of the country and what she would have to sign, hoping that it was not too late.

Soon enough, she reached the building, rushing out of the car, leaving the door open, leaving some papers behind as she rushed inside and up the stairs, looking for the meeting room.
Whatever you say, Walker. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. After all you've done, you can still go home...

- Konrad, Spec-ops: The Line

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Miteravia
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2018, 05:26:15 PM »
'Personally, I take issue with the amendments to Article 5.' Seiler began, 'The idea that any nation can just decide an organisation is a terrorist organisation opens the door to significant abuse, I think it should require at the bare minimum one if not two nations to second the motion when declaring an organisation criminal.'
Seiler rubbed his hands together. 'If this was the case, Mister Vadik, if Mountjoy had stayed they could've declared communist activists terrorists without limitation then of course customarily communist nations such as your own could declare peaceful Christian missionaries terrorists also. Petty diplomatic disputes could be born from an organisation meant to bring us closer together, not ideal if you ask me.'

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2018, 05:35:58 PM »
President Lavaud couldn't agree more with Seiler's comment, "Our Miteravian colleague here's absolutely right, the fact that there doesn't seem to indicate exactly what constitutes a terrorist organisation will only cause more problems and controversies in the long run; what if as he pointed out a few communists cause havock in Bretonnia, does that give our government the right to label every other communist as terrorist and declare the ideology to be outlawed? Likewise with every other ideology and religion; fascists, muslims...heck even Atheists. We Bretonnians have recently recognised the Bene Gesserit as an official minority religion however distancing from the terrible actions caused by the Truth Sayers; I think one of the issues which need to be solved is thus the distinctions within ideologies and religons if we were to include article 5." Lavaud concluded.

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Artyomov
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2018, 07:51:32 AM »
Artyom Basuda arrived to the Convention a little later than expected. He had just been caught up in a street brawl between the transport minister and a homeless man, resulting in the pair beating up the transport minister. He arrived at the center in a suit that he almost forgot to put on. He walked into the meeting room and apologized for him being late. He introduced himself and the nation he represented, being Artyomov's representative.
"So comrades, what have i missed?"

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2018, 09:37:40 AM »
'Well Mister Basuda, you just missed the vote allowing Kaitaine's admittance to the Network and the subsequent temper tantrum thrown by the representatives of Mountjoy. And the Iypranian Commonwealth also withdrew their membership.' Seiler smiled. 'I'm Eryk Seiler, President of Miteravia by the way, nice to finally make your acquaintance. It is such a shame you were delayed, Lascelles' grandstanding was quite a sight to behold.'

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2018, 12:15:33 PM »
"Please, Just Call me Artyom. It is a pleasure to meet you, Seiler. So..." Artyom took out a flask and had a large sip. After that, he brought out a bag full of spirits that were hand made. He gave one to each person. "Who is still here in this association?" He sat down in an empty chair and removed his suit jacket and untied his hair. "Oh and I have not eaten anything other than leftover MREs since I left Artyomov. Where can I get a bite?"

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2018, 12:46:24 PM »
Vadik was keen to get the business concluded as soon as possible and get back home and so turned matters back towards the charter. "In terms of the terrorist recognition I believe we can overcome people's fears by not changing my proposal but adding a definition. So I therefore propose the following,

5. The Network of Republics shall share information on criminal activity and organisations branded terrorists by any member, that may effect other nations. 

An organisation for the purpose of this article will be defined as any group the following criteria can apply to.

a) Is not a sovereign government
b) Is not a recognised faith.
c) Has been proved beyond reasonable doubt to have acted outside the requesting nations laws.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2018, 02:08:38 PM »
"Thank you Mr. Basuda, I'm sure we can have a go at these fine spirits once the treaty's done and we can all celebrate..." President >Lavaud said taking an extra look at the added definition. "It definitely looks a lot better now with such definiton in place, so from our side I don' t think there are any issues left at hand while maintaining the viewpoint that we will only share information's that's considered to be relevant enough relating to terrorism deemed so by our intelligence agencies...Does this definition seem fair to everyone gathered around this very table?" he asked.

Offline DeaEstMachina

• Microstate
  • 11100010 10011000 10101101
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Atheroje
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2018, 03:19:14 PM »
"Atheroje agrees with the definition and will support the charta in its current form", answered Nováková. During the discussion she was reading a telegram one of her aides brought her, and while the content caused her face to become quite pale, she did not comment on it publicly as it seemed to not be of relevance to the meeting.

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2018, 05:35:49 PM »
'Certainly acceptable,' agreed Seiler 'The definition protects all nation's interests sufficiently.'
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 06:42:07 PM by Miteravia »

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2018, 12:23:58 AM »
"Excellent" Vadik clapped his hands together as he stood up, "I believe that's probably an agreement reached then, where do we sign" he smiled. "Perhaps though I have a final suggestion." With that he sat down, "Perhaps we should create a position of Network Ambassador, have them present to the Network of Monarchs an offer of friendship, say Articles 2 & 5 offer to co-operate, and maybe every two years a meeting between the two Networks to promote global issues? We could also use the Ambassador for crisis moments?"

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2018, 01:24:05 PM »
As Artyom read the treaty form, he thought about article 5, and how his nation could use this to help his comrades and gather more intel on the Chernyan Militants that have the capacity to become a larger threat to the nation. He looked up and
"Hmmm..." Artyom pondered briefly on the thought of the definition. "I Agree. But on another note, how will we react if a terrorist group threatens the security of a republic? Will we have our comrades' backs if a terrorist group has the, er, capability to flatten a city?" He slammed his palm down onto the table to symbolize the destruction of a city. He then took another drink from his flask and began to speak once more.
"Maybe we should have a classification system for terrorist groups, which include their influence, their size, and their deadliness!"

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2018, 02:27:25 PM »
"The Network allows already for co-operation through the ability to call ambassadors for meetings. Therefore once a threat has been determined we can work together to address that threat. This is the very nature of terrorism there is no one size fits all solution and each group must be tackled on its own circumstances, the same goes with nation, as soon as we start categorising terrorist groups we see them as being equally threatening across all of Mundus, we know that is the case, take The Borlanders who claim to be the rightful owners of East Moreland's Kingdom. They are considered a great threat if your King David, but to us in Kaitaine they are just something to watch on the news. Now I understand that my friend from Artyom have issues with the Chernyan, and I would like to remind him Kaitaine have offered meetings with his nation in the past, and our door remains open, but as an actual threat to Kaitaine and how deadly they are to us, they would be a low priority, that does not mean we should ignore them but as we rank order, categories and determine threats of a group we run that risk. It is much better that nations simply share their data and leave it to those nations targeted to determine matters such as deadliness for themselves."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2018, 03:22:07 PM »
"I agree wholeheartedly about the creation of a Network Ambassador and increased cooperation with our monarchist nations, nothing better than solving Mundus' largest issues together and united." Lavaud responded. "Personally we don't need to include that in the treaty unless there's a large request for it. In any case does everyone here agree with said proposition or any further editing before we can all sign the treaty into action?"

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2018, 05:42:38 PM »
Seiler produced his Statesmen's pen from his inner jacket pocket, the pen was a beautiful piece of kit; a Cherry Blossom platinum-plated Fountain Pen, the same one he had used to sign the constitution.
'Certainly agreeable, my friends. I am a fan of attempting to strengthen the ties we have with the monarchist nations within our cousin  so the Network Ambassador post certainly has Miteravia's backing. The treaty is now more than to our taste as well. As for the definition of terrorism for the purposes of this treaty, Kaitaine laid out a more subjective approach to the situation which I consider to be the most pragmatic method.'
Seiler spun the pen between his fingers, waiting for any further comments so the signing of the treaty could commence.

Offline DeaEstMachina

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2018, 04:33:09 AM »
"Wait, wait, wait. The purpose of this network was to promote the ideas of democracy across Mundus, and to serve as a democratic pendant against the organized Monarchists, wasn't it? We even discussed rejecting a potential member because they don't fit into the predominant view on what a democracy is. But now, as soon as someone mentions terrorism, there's suddenly talk of unity and cooperation with the Monarchists?" Nováková seemed genuinely shocked. "Atheroje will sign this treaty no matter what, but we must protest harshly on this matter!"

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Azenyanistan
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2018, 05:22:32 AM »
Hayat Ben Barka finally got to the room, panting and sweating and in a mess with her clothes. She sighed as she raised a hand and said "I...am...so sorry...I am late....I'm from Sirinisi. I hope I can still join in...." She looked around as her vision blurred, having to rush into the room. She said "I....uh....am I late? I am so sorry again. My name is Hayat Ben Barka. I am the Sirinisian rep....representative. I..." She looked for a vacant chair, seeing one, she leaned on the door and said "I..could really use a chair."
Whatever you say, Walker. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. After all you've done, you can still go home...

- Konrad, Spec-ops: The Line

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2018, 10:04:28 AM »
'Madam Nováková, I believe the purpose of...dialogue with monarchists was not for unity and co-operation but more a reconciliation of differences, I don't believe anyone wished to have Article 5 extended to included the monarchists because if this was the case Miteravia would be with you. I don't think the purpose of the Network Ambassador is to make the monarchists part of the NoR but to alleviate any tensions that exists because of our differing ideologies.' Seiler interjected. He turned to the Sirinisian representative,
'Oh, I believe there's a chair over there,' Seiler indicated at the same chair she had noticed a moment earlier. He waved to an aide who helped Hayat in to her seat. The aide brought her up to speed with the events of the meeting so far.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2018, 12:43:05 AM »
Vadik nodded as the Miteravian delegate spoke. "I think you've summed up exactly what role I had for this proposed ambassador, think of them as some kind of pressure valve, a direct line to discuss issues peacefully. Something I hope we never need but then I would rather have something and never use it rather than need it and want for it. Perhaps we should move to signing unless anyone else has any suggestions." Vadik looked around the room hopefully

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2018, 11:46:02 PM »
Artyom was listening quietly while thinking of what he was going to do whilst in Bretonnia.
"Yes, even if it is a bit hasty I think that we should sign the document," he said while he grabbed a pen he had in his pocket. "Alright, lets get to work"

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2018, 10:51:06 PM »
"Well it seems we can very well sign now!" President Lavaud exclaimed as he picked up his pen to begin signing.

Offline DeaEstMachina

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2018, 09:28:45 PM »
The Atherojan envoy too pulled out a pen - a simple aluminium ballpoint - and signed on behalf of the Socialist People's Republic.

Offline Snackz

• Microstate
  • 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2018, 07:17:20 AM »
The pen made contact with the sheet of paper and the ballpoint in the pen rolled along the document. Ink was left in a trail that was purposely designed to look like Artyom's name

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2018, 08:15:21 AM »
The document had made it's way to the Miteravian delegation, with his pen already in hand Seiler signed his name alongside the other signatories.
'Perfect.' He exclaimed as he passed the document on.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2018, 12:42:02 PM »
Vadik reached into his jacket pocket and placed two envelopes on he table. He picked up the pen and wrote clearly, "On Behalf of the People of Kaitaine" and then added his signature. "It may be early but our optimism in this organisation was high from the beginning. I therefore now wish to present the organisation with the following documents" He opened the first and unfolded the thick creamy paper. "This one authorises Kseniya here to have access to any information you have relevant to the Truthsayers and Bene Gesserit in your nation, in accordance with the treaty of course. You may deal with her as with myself or President McPherson." he then undid the second, "This one is a formal request for you to recognise and support the East Moreland Uppsala Convention proposal. I do believe most of you are compliant with that document are you not? As a Network we must stand in support of initiatives to end child soldiers."   

Offline Miteravia

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2018, 01:02:06 PM »
'Certainly.' Seiler began, 'Miteravia saw the use of child soldiers during the civil war by both sides. It is awful form for any organisation to use such tools. The foreign ministry has informed me that a response is in the making at the moment.'

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2018, 04:00:02 PM »
"Well the only relevant information we got on these truthsayers are none at all and as for the 2nd request, we would rather wait and analyze the situation further." Lavaud simply said, disappointed that this entire organisation might've simply become communist puppets.