Author Topic: Proposing The Association of Dauntel and Shaw Nations (ADSN) - OPEN  (Read 5356 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: Proposing The Association of Dauntel and Shaw Nations (ADSN) - OPEN
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2023, 01:58:31 PM »
"Hear hear." Xiaoling said before taking a deep breath fixing her gaze on Asuna "I'll make this simple if we are going to pursue the position that we are limiting foreign military presence in the region then the first thing that I would expect no... that I would demand is that Daito close NS Hirado thus removing the Preorian presence and that Rokkenjima close Akrotiri Base thus removing the Dartfordian presence. Are either of you going to recommend that?" she looked from Asuna to Sadazane "You won't because the cost is your nations would lose their own overseas positions, Daito would see NS LLwynbelan closed in response and Rokkenjima would see Queen Katenka Naval Base closed in response, it'd be political suicide. I don't mean to lecture but honestly it sounds like you need it, I'm probably the most experienced person in terms of politics and summits such as this at the table and one thing I've learned in all that time is this." she looked back at Asuna "When you're in a hole the best thing to do is stop digging. Unless you're going to remove the foreign military presence already in the region you don't have the right to tell Empress Serena, Consul Graziano or myself who we can and cannot have in the region, and don't try and excuse it by suggesting the fact that you'll be Queen of Dartfordia one day changes things because it doesn't - Dartfordia is and always will be a foreign power in respect of this region, being Queen of Dartfordia does not give you any decision making power in that nation because that is not how their government works.

If Achkaerin wishes to hold its annual military exercises with East Moreland in Gowu territory it can, if said exercises take the form of an amphibious landing in which East Moreland plays the attacking force that's perfectly reasonable and if Achkaerin happened to say to King David 'you know what bring the rest of the CNN, we'll talk, throw an impromptu rugby tournament, have a few whiskeys etc' which given the good relations between Achkaerin and those nations is not beyond the realms of possibility then it's happening. We'll happily notify you of it, same as we notify MICA whenever we run a military exercise with a non MICA nation on Awhaele, but you have no power and no authority to tell us we can't do that unless you are prepared to violate international law in the attempt, the very thing that you seem to be alleging the CNN has done, tell me how in your mind the violating of international law in response to a violation of international law makes you any better than them?" Xiaoling took another breath still looking at Asuna "Fear, paranoia and distrust consumed your mother she also had a habit of not doing her homework, don't go the same way an organisation cannot be responsible for or complicit in the acts of a member that occurred prior to the organisations founding. I endorse Empress Serena's proposal as on the paper and without the condition that the Empress of Rokkenjima has tried to impose for the reasons that myself and Consul Graziano have outlined."

Xiaoling now turned to look at Serena "Now if I may be forgiven a very quick moment of going off on a tangent, I would as we're talking military matters like to once again pass on Achkaerin's thanks and appreciation to the Aostan navy for what happened during the Lodjan crisis, that they were there at the end as our respective assets closed in on the Morelander helped save many of the hostages taken, we won't forget that."

Offline Aosta

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Aosta2
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2023, 09:03:30 PM »
"We just did our bit to help our neighbours." Serena explained before turning to the points currently on the table. "When we began the Empress of Rokkenjima wished that our agreement include the phrase "adherence to the principles of international norms" One of those norms is freedom of navigation and allowing nations to conduct their own affairs in their own waters. I will not permit this charter to be one that will give certain nations special treatment. The Rokkenjiman-Dartfordia partnership may well be special for you but it is nothing more than a piece of paper with no more significance as a treaty between say Kermah and Abertone. If you are insisting on including special conditions and imposing on the very international norms you pushed for then I am afraid I will have to withdraw our support for this organisation."

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2023, 10:59:01 PM »
   "When we came here, we did so with the understanding of our government that anything we agreed to would not severely harm the interests of the Empire of Daitō nor its national security policy." Sadazane said, looking over to the Rokkenjiman Empress after glancing around the room. "The proposal made by Empress Serena is acceptable, but I will also echo her words with regards to this present impasse. It is not the right of the Rokkenjiman government to prohibit transit into the Rokkenjiman sea at the invitation of another power, especially as this would impinge upon the freedom of navigation as agreed to under the FSC. In effect, doing so would be illegal under international law, something which her predecessors knew all too well. We cannot—will not—sign any agreement which will restrict transit through the Rokkenjiman sea, or any other part of the region, solely because one nation wishes to impose their will on this prospective organization."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2023, 11:15:47 PM »
"Quite." Xiaoling said giving the piece of paper Empress Serena had put on the table earlier a tap "We have a consensus in favour of Empress Serena's suggestion standing as originally proposed. If Rokkenjima wishes to take action against the CNN then it will do so independent of this prospective organisation, continuing to try and limit transit into the Rokkenjiman Sea will lead not only to Aosta walking out the door but Gowu as well and I doubt it ends there. This is what's on the table and it has the support of four of us."

In order to make the region a safer place for all nations members agree to the following.

1. That they shall first and foremost consider their regional neighbors as friends and as such shall do all that is reasonably possible to avoid armed conflict with them.

2. In order to protect citizens of all nations any intelligence gathered by one nation that would indicate a likely threat to another is to be shared in a speedy manner. Should a nation believe that by revealing this intelligence it would place its own safety or operations in jepodey then they are excused from sharing this intelligence.

3. Each nation shall maintain in their embassy a military attaché who shall share relevant military details with their host nation so long as doing so does not infringe on the attaché's own nations security.

4. Nations hosting military exercises shall, so long as it is safe to do so, advertise via the attaché system the size, scope and nature of these exercises at least 3 days before they begin. They shall ensure all relevant notices to shipping and airmen are made in good time.

5. Nations agree that they shall take no action to prevent or interfere in exercises of another nation so long as that exercise does impose on their own waters as laid out in the Fair Seas Concordat.

6. Nations agree that under no circumstances will they knowingly allow a third party nation to utilize their territory, waters or airspace to conduct a first strike or similar operation against another member nation.

OOC - At this point I'm again going to suggest the customary 48 hours before this be taken as agreed and we move on.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2023, 09:46:58 PM »
After a brief text exchange between McKenna and Emerson the Vicegerent would enter the room. "Do forgive us," McKenna would say, "the Empress and myself require a moment to discuss something in a more private setting. In our stead as hosts the Vicegerent shall be sitting in with you all. I don't believe we'll be gone for too long but, all the same, please forgive our momentary absence," he said as he left the room with the Empress, patting Emerson's shoulder. Once the door had closed behind them McKenna sighed and rubbed his eyebrows.

"Well if I needed a reminder that I've not missed the dramatics of Saisei's outbursts, I think I just had a refresher," McKenna continued. "Just what prompted that most uncharacteristic display I just saw? Though, with that being said, no one can doubt you're your mother's daughter. At the same time such displays cannot be abided; now I understand you're passionate on the issue but dear, read the room, this is not the time, place nor audience for such concerns. You've invited these people to discuss issues regarding the area which we share, throwing an emotional temper tantrum as you just did is beneath the Throne and, quite honestly, your own personal station. If this is a preview unto the future of what I can expect, understand that I wouldn't be able to work under such conditions and you'd find yourself dealing with a resignation I'd rather not tender. You're your own person, and anything your mother or certain aunts did, you need to disregard wholly. Do we have an understanding?"

"I'm sorry I put you in that position," she would reply, "I got lost in the moment and unloaded everything in my head at the moment and forgot what was in front of us. If you can forgive me..." "Oh, hush with that," McKenna interrupted her, "you might be Empress but you're still quite young, I remember how impulsive I was at your age, your brain has a good way ahead of it in the growth department. I'll simply suggest, in moments you feel like saying something you're not fully sure on, get my attention and let me take point in those moments. I know what you're trying to do and what your aims are, there's a reason you tapped me for this role and the one which follows, so trust me here. Let's never see whatever that was again, yes?"

"Yes," she replied with a nod. "Good, now then when we return you'll apologize to our guests, reaffirm the commitments of your Empire to international norms, say what you need to but ensure that it's attended to sooner rather than later. Also, I'd add that Xiaoling took it quite easy on you, best not take advantage of that generosity a second time. I trust you to rectify this, don't let me down." "Then let us return," the Empress replied.

Upon their return to the room the Empress bowed, a gesture which was not traditionally seen from the Empress to foreigners, bringing her right had to her heart. "I allowed emotion to get the best of me in a manner unfitting of an Empress, or as a host, you have my apologies," she said as she rose from her bow once thirty or so seconds had passed. "Passion does a number of things to our emotions and hearts, however, it was not my place nor my right to speak as I did not more than a half hour ago. Rokkenjima remains, always, dedicated to established international norms and won't do anything to upend them. If we may put that lamentable display behind us and continue, I would wish to do so," she said before taking her seat.

"I restate Rokkenjima's support for the present proposal without the additional theatrics of my previous endorsement," she would add. "Thank you, Vicegerent," McKenna would add, "I think we've got this from here," he'd continue, after which Emerson would take his leave.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Aosta

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2023, 07:43:53 PM »
The Empress did her best not to interupt, when the Rokkenjimans finished talking Serena presented her amendment. "It is all well and good that the Empress of Rokkenjima now states that Rokkenjima is committed to the norms of such things as the FSC, what we though have witnessed is that we have seen a visible turn in stance. If it can happen once it can happen again. I therefore need Point five amending, I believe it should now read." Nations agree that they shall take no action to prevent or interfere in exercises or movements of another nation so long as it does not impose on their own waters as laid out in the Fair Seas Concordat."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2023, 11:15:28 PM »
"While I may have some disagreements on your assertion, if there us support for the amending of Point 5 I shall entertain it. If not, I believe it would be beneficial for us to move forward in wrapping things up. Thus, do we support the original version of the proposal, or the Amendment as proposed by the delegation from Aosta?"

OOC: 24 hours on this one, let's get to the finish line. :)

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2023, 11:39:21 PM »
"That's agreeable as far as I'm concerned." Xiaoling said "Now assuming no one objects to that or wishes to propose a further amendment I believe there's one administrative matter left to deal with before this can be signed."

Offline Abertone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Abertone
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2023, 01:29:04 AM »
Graziano spoke up, "With the amendment I'm confident that we have completed this latest section."

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2023, 02:36:04 PM »
   "We accept this ammendment." Sadazane said.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2023, 12:40:42 AM »
"Onward then," the Empress would state with that aside out of the way. "Are there any other areas any would wish to cover that have not been addressed at present?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Aosta

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2023, 10:08:25 AM »
OOC- Just a reminder this is what has been agreed so far.

TRAVEL
In order to ease the movement of citizens throughout the ADSN region members of the ADSN agree to the following measures.

1. There shall the the establishment of a four path system for visas. These shall be the Short Term Visa, Business Visa, Educational Visa, and the Temporary Worker Visa.

2. The Short Term Visa shall be available to any individual who books return or onward passage via any means at least 30 days before the date of travel. So long as these dates are no longer apart than 60 calendar days then the individual may enter visa free so long as the receiving nation do not believe that the person poses a risk to the security or good order of the nation. Holders of this visa may not undertake any work while staying in the receiving nation.

3. The Business Visa shall be available to any individual who is travelling on business purposes. To obtain this an individual must have a guarantor from a business within the receiving nation. This visa shall allow an individual to remain in the receiving nation for 180 days and they may undertake paid employment while based there. This type of visa may not be renewed for 90 days. Should the receiving nation believe the individual is a risk to security or good order of the nation then entry may be stopped.

4. The Educational Visa shall be available to any individual who has obtained confirmation of the offer of an educational course within a receiving nation. This visa shall cover the entire duration of the course and will permit the holder to a maximum of 20 hours per work employment during their course. Should the receiving nation believe the individual is a risk to security or good order of the nation then entry may be stopped.

5. The Length of the above visas may be increased at the discretion of the receiving nation.

6. Any individual breaking the conditions of any of these visa programmes is liable to deportation and may be banned from travel to the receiving nation indefinitely.

7. The home nation shall take all reasonable steps to ensure anyone deported and banned from travel is prevented from returning.

8. In the event of an individual traveler in one nation being believed to be responsible, whether individually or as a conspirator, for criminal actions within the jurisdiction of another member state, the individual shall be extradited subject to the following being provided to the visited nations relevant authority.
a) Evidence of the wrongdoing
b) An understanding that the individual will receive a fair trial in a court of law

9. There shall be no obligation for the visited nation to extradite an individual to the death penalty.

SECURITY

In order to make the region a safer place for all nations members agree to the following.

1. That they shall first and foremost consider their regional neighbors as friends and as such shall do all that is reasonably possible to avoid armed conflict with them.

2. In order to protect citizens of all nations any intelligence gathered by one nation that would indicate a likely threat to another is to be shared in a speedy manner. Should a nation believe that by revealing this intelligence it would place its own safety or operations in jepodey then they are excused from sharing this intelligence.

3. Each nation shall maintain in their embassy a military attaché who shall share relevant military details with their host nation so long as doing so does not infringe on the attaché's own nations security.

4. Nations hosting military exercises shall, so long as it is safe to do so, advertise via the attaché system the size, scope and nature of these exercises at least 3 days before they begin. They shall ensure all relevant notices to shipping and airmen are made in good time.

5. Nations agree that they shall take no action to prevent or interfere in exercises or movements of another nation so long as it does not impose on their own waters as laid out in the Fair Seas Concordat.

6. Nations agree that under no circumstances will they knowingly allow a third party nation to utilize their territory, waters or airspace to conduct a first strike or similar operation against another member nation.

TRADE
In order to effect more prosperous trading oppurtunities the nations signed as members of the ADSN agree to the following measures.

1. Any export to a member nations shall be accompanied by a declaration that the export abides by all local laws. To ensure compliance the receiving nation may carry out any non-destructive test on any product arriving at their nation. Any product deemed to be not incompliance with local laws or not accompanied by a decleration shall see a fine of non more than 5 times the value of the consignment paid by the exporter.

2. On the anniversary of the signing of this document each member nation shall produce a list of tariffs to be paid by all member nations. Those tariffs may be set on any goods or items the nation wish. The tariffs set by each nation must be at a level lower than for any nation with which they do not have a current trade agreement with.

3. This agreement does not prevent member nations making their own trade agreements.

4. Any item with a value of less than $1million exported to a nation for temporary use shall be permitted to enter tariff free so long as it is for a period of less than 30 days.

5. ADSN nations agree to allow operations by businesses from other ADSN nations on condition that those businesses operate following local laws concerning taxation, employment, health and safety and environmental matters.

There was also no definite conclusion about Aosta's proposal of a science consortium so consider that null.

Hope that clears up where we are.

Offline Aosta

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2023, 10:08:31 PM »
Serena took the silence to mean that no-one else had much, if anything to say. "I believe then the document we've created would appear to be done. If that's the case then perhaps we can move towards signing it and then issue that statement of Troyes."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2023, 10:16:08 PM »
"Before we take that step." Xiaoling said "I believe there is one administrative matter that as we're all here we could take the chance to resolve. One of the first things we agreed to early on in these talks was a standing council for the ASDN, such a council would need a home. I'd like to propose should they not object to it and of course have somewhere to house it that Aosta be that home."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2023, 10:36:18 PM »
"Given that we are an association of Dauntel and Shaw nations I can't help but notice what might be a most symbolic and central location to hose the Association," the Empress said once Xiaoling had spoke. "The port city of Taikyū, Tsukishima in the Empire of Daitō. As the capital of both its prefecture and Tsukishima circuit, being the largest city on the island with a strong maritime tradition makes it an ideal choice I feel. While I'm certain there are those on my diplomatic team who would expect me to propose a location within Rokkenjima I just couldn't think of a place within the First Empire which held the qualities which Taikyū possesses. Naturally, we would need to consult with our Daitōjin friends as to available space, but I am certain they would be able to accommodate such a home for the ADSN should they be selected. Furthermore, as it looks out to the Kyne, the Matildas as well as the Krimeon which lays just beyond them, it often represents a first contact for trade between our region and a broad swath of Mundus. I do not slight our friends in Aosta with this nomination, I simply think it makes more sense."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Abertone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2023, 11:06:29 PM »
"While Empress Serena has yet to comment on the nomination put her Empire's way from our representative from Gowu I would like to give my support for Aosta as host." He paused for a moment, "While I believe any of us sat here would make sure we provided fitting homes for this Association I believe Aosta should be its home. While this idea was floated by Empress Sutāraito I think we all will recognise that the document we are all preparing to sign has a very Aostan flavour. When anyone looks back at the minutes or transcriptions of this founding meeting I believe many will recognise the fact that groundwork was put in that this bodies very first act on the global stage was established before we even existed. The thirst for making sure we reach a charter we all support is clear in Empress Serena's contributions. If we're asking someone to hold this body in high esteem and watch over its members then I would feel extremely secure that Empress Serena would do that based on meeting her here today. Modern technology means the concept of needing to be practical in positioning is long gone. Empress Serena if you wish it then Abertone will support your bid to host this body."

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2023, 04:01:37 AM »
   "With all due respect to our hosts," Eijirō said in place of Sadazane, "We must admit while we are flattered by their nomination, the Empire of Daitō simply must decline, as it is not our interest to host the organization." He continued, taking a momentary pause as he briefly glanced around the room to gauge the mood of the audience. "And even if we were interested, Taikyū is a poor fit to host the organization, being far removed from the heartlands of any of our nations, rather being at the periphery of the region. At the same time, the location proposed within Aosta, to my knowledge on the western coast of the country, is very much within the region which this Association claims to serve." He, of course, would not mention his own personal disdain for Taikyū, which he generally considered one of the worse ports of call within the Empire as compared to even some locations on the island. "Therefore, I believe it is simple enough to accept that the location proposed is more than adequate, and thus, the Empire of Daitō shall vote for Aosta to host the organization."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 08:43:55 PM by Daitō »

Offline Aosta

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2023, 09:44:36 PM »
Serena was a little surprised to have the support of three nations. While she had not prepared to be the host she was though more than willing. She'd got an ambition to make Aosta more respected in terms of international politics and now she had a chance. Since Xiaoling had brought the matter up she had been thinking of what she had that could be offered. By the time the Emperor of Daito had rejected the idea of hosting Serena had at least some idea. She had been merrily tapping away on her small tablet and now spun it into the middle of the table so everyone could see.

"I'm grateful for the support you've shown the Empire. I have a headquarters in mind. Our family own several farms and one of our tennants just outside the city of Ovado on our West coast. Our intention had been to turn it into a venue for events and weddings as a small part of our families businesses. I however believe we could easily repurpose the venue." She showed them the Picture of various changes they would make. "The venue would be out in the countryside, our Carabinieri would easily be able to provide security and there is plenty of space for expansion and leisure. The idea would be that we are taking the metal skinned barn out for a more rustic look, that would serve as the conference centre for any discussions. The farmhouse would be used to provide any visiting dignitary with accomodation and be used as a banquet site. The stables could be converted for our ambassadors to have both office space and accommodation. Meanwhile the 2nd barn would be converted for any administration centres we needed, potentially housing the staff in the villages a few kilometres away. While it would take perhaps a few months for the conversion work to be completed we would use facilities in the royal palace in Ovado until they are ready."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2023, 10:34:11 PM »
Xiaoling smiled she quite liked the look of the farm, it would make a very interesting contrast with other organisations given the habit of Mundus to generally locate in palaces and office blocks, a countryside farm would make a nice change. Looking around she took a moment "I believe with the comments from the Emperor of Daito, the proposal of Empress Serena and the support expressed we have a consensus in favour of Aosta as the home of the ASDN. Now with no one among us having raised any further proposals to be included in the treaty we have crafted I believe the moment is at hand." the pieces of handwritten paper would inevitably have to be typed up and formalised but all the component parts were on the table before them, Xiaoling stapled them together and put them in the centre of the table.

The ADSN Declaration (Dunwich Declaration) Dunwich, 16th November 2023
[/b]

The nations of the Dauntel Sea, Rokkenjiman Sea and Strait of Shaw

MINDFUL of the existence of mutual interests and common problems among countries of the Dauntel and the Straight of Shaw and convinced of the need to strengthen further the existing bonds of regional solidarity and cooperation;

DESIRING to establish a firm foundation for common action to promote regional cooperation in the Dauntel and Straight of Shaw in the spirit of equality and partnership and thereby contribute towards peace, progress and prosperity in the region;

CONSCIOUS that in an increasingly interdependent world, the cherished ideals of peace, freedom, social justice and economic well-being are best attained by fostering good understanding, good neighbourliness and meaningful cooperation among the countries of the region already bound together by ties of history and culture;

CONSIDERING that the countries bordering the Dauntel and Strait of Shaw share a primary responsibility for strengthening the economic and social stability of the region and ensuring their peaceful and progressive national development, and that they are determined to ensure their stability and security from external interference in any form or manifestation in order to preserve their national identities in accordance with the ideals and aspirations of their peoples;

AFFIRMING that all foreign bases are temporary and remain only with the expressed concurrence of the countries concerned and are not intended to be used directly or indirectly to subvert the national independence and freedom of States in the area or prejudice the orderly processes of their national development;

DO HEREBY DECLARE:

FIRST, the establishment of an Association for Regional Cooperation among the countries bordering the waters of the Dauntel, the Rokkenjiman Sea and the Strait of Shaw to be known as the Association of Dauntel and Shaw Nations (ADSN).

SECOND, that the aims and purposes of the Association shall be:

1. To accelerate the economic growth, social progress and cultural development in the region through joint endeavours in the spirit of equality and partnership in order to strengthen the foundation for a prosperous and peaceful community of Dauntel and Shaw Nations;
2. To promote regional peace and stability through abiding respect for justice and the rule of law in the relationship among countries of the region.
3. To promote active collaboration and mutual assistance on matters of common interest in the economic, social, cultural, technical, scientific and administrative fields;
4. To provide assistance to each other in the form of training and research facilities in the educational, professional, technical and administrative spheres;
5. To collaborate more effectively for the greater utilization of their agriculture and industries, the expansion of their trade, including the study of the problems of international commodity trade, the improvement of their transportation and communications facilities and the raising of the living standards of their peoples;
6. To promote shared Dauntel-Shaw studies;
7. To maintain close and beneficial cooperation with existing international and regional organizations with similar aims and purposes, and explore all avenues for even closer cooperation among themselves.

THIRD, that the Association represents the collective will of the nations which border the Dauntel Sea, Rokkenjiman Sea and Strait of Shaw, to bind themselves together in friendship and cooperation and, through joint efforts and sacrifices, secure for their peoples and for posterity the blessings of peace, freedom and prosperity.

FOURTH, that the Association is open for participation to all States which border the Dauntel Sea, the Rokkenjiman Sea or Strait of Shaw who subscribe to the aforementioned aims, principles and purposes.
(a) Any prospective member of the organisation must be admitted by majority vote of the membership

ARTICLE ONE: THE COUNCIL

1. The Council shall consist of ambassadors representing each of the member nations, each member shall have one vote on any matter.

2. Any member may propose a matter for debate, all votes on resolutions are by majority vote unless determined otherwise by the Council.

3. Only a resolution of the Council may amend this document.

ARTICLE TWO: TRAVEL

In order to ease the movement of citizens throughout the ADSN region members of the ADSN agree to the following measures.

1. There shall the the establishment of a four path system for visas. These shall be the Short Term Visa, Business Visa, Educational Visa, and the Temporary Worker Visa.

2. The Short Term Visa shall be available to any individual who books return or onward passage via any means at least 30 days before the date of travel. So long as these dates are no longer apart than 60 calendar days then the individual may enter visa free so long as the receiving nation do not believe that the person poses a risk to the security or good order of the nation. Holders of this visa may not undertake any work while staying in the receiving nation.

3. The Business Visa shall be available to any individual who is travelling on business purposes. To obtain this an individual must have a guarantor from a business within the receiving nation. This visa shall allow an individual to remain in the receiving nation for 180 days and they may undertake paid employment while based there. This type of visa may not be renewed for 90 days. Should the receiving nation believe the individual is a risk to security or good order of the nation then entry may be stopped.

4. The Educational Visa shall be available to any individual who has obtained confirmation of the offer of an educational course within a receiving nation. This visa shall cover the entire duration of the course and will permit the holder to a maximum of 20 hours per work employment during their course. Should the receiving nation believe the individual is a risk to security or good order of the nation then entry may be stopped.

5. The Length of the above visas may be increased at the discretion of the receiving nation.

6. Any individual breaking the conditions of any of these visa programmes is liable to deportation and may be banned from travel to the receiving nation indefinitely.

7. The home nation shall take all reasonable steps to ensure anyone deported and banned from travel is prevented from returning.

8. In the event of an individual traveler in one nation being believed to be responsible, whether individually or as a conspirator, for criminal actions within the jurisdiction of another member state, the individual shall be extradited subject to the following being provided to the visited nations relevant authority.
b) An understanding that the individual will receive a fair trial in a court of law

9. There shall be no obligation for the visited nation to extradite an individual to the death penalty.

ARTICLE THREE: TRADE

In order to effect more prosperous trading oppurtunities the nations signed as members of the ADSN agree to the following measures.

1. Any export to a member nations shall be accompanied by a declaration that the export abides by all local laws. To ensure compliance the receiving nation may carry out any non-destructive test on any product arriving at their nation. Any product deemed to be not incompliance with local laws or not accompanied by a decleration shall see a fine of non more than 5 times the value of the consignment paid by the exporter.

2. On the anniversary of the signing of this document each member nation shall produce a list of tariffs to be paid by all member nations. Those tariffs may be set on any goods or items the nation wish. The tariffs set by each nation must be at a level lower than for any nation with which they do not have a current trade agreement with.

3. This agreement does not prevent member nations making their own trade agreements.

4. Any item with a value of less than $1million exported to a nation for temporary use shall be permitted to enter tariff free so long as it is for a period of less than 30 days.

5. ADSN nations agree to allow operations by businesses from other ADSN nations on condition that those businesses operate following local laws concerning taxation, employment, health and safety and environmental matters.

ARTICLE FOUR: SECURITY

2. In order to protect citizens of all nations any intelligence gathered by one nation that would indicate a likely threat to another is to be shared in a speedy manner. Should a nation believe that by revealing this intelligence it would place its own safety or operations in jeopardy then they are excused from sharing this intelligence.

5. Nations agree that they shall take no action to prevent or interfere in exercises or movements of another nation so long as it does not impose on their own waters as laid out in the Fair Seas Concordat.

DONE in Dunwich on the 16th of November, 2023.

Signatures

"So who wants to go first?" Xiaoling asked putting a pen on top of the stapled sheets.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2023, 11:03:01 PM »
   In Eijirō's mind, it seemed only fitting that he should sign first. Though yes, this was a meeting hosted by the Rokkenjimans which was establishing an organization headquartered in Aosta, history would remember he or she who made the first signature, who took that bold step in the name of not merely pan-Ardianism, but something greater than those nations which made up the organization. Okay, perhaps that was an exaggeration, but he had long made up his mind with regards to the ADSN. He would be signing it if it was beneficial to his nation, which it was. And so, after a moment, he would dip his pen into a well of ink—it being seen, back home anyways, as a far more formal means of signing—and sign his name in the Ardian script which the world seemed more preferential to.
Quote from: The ADSN Declaration

MINDFUL of the existence of mutual interests and common problems among countries of the Dauntel and the Straight of Shaw and convinced of the need to strengthen further the existing bonds of regional solidarity and cooperation;

DESIRING to establish a firm foundation for common action to promote regional cooperation in the Dauntel and Straight of Shaw in the spirit of equality and partnership and thereby contribute towards peace, progress and prosperity in the region;

CONSCIOUS that in an increasingly interdependent world, the cherished ideals of peace, freedom, social justice and economic well-being are best attained by fostering good understanding, good neighbourliness and meaningful cooperation among the countries of the region already bound together by ties of history and culture;

CONSIDERING that the countries bordering the Dauntel and Strait of Shaw share a primary responsibility for strengthening the economic and social stability of the region and ensuring their peaceful and progressive national development, and that they are determined to ensure their stability and security from external interference in any form or manifestation in order to preserve their national identities in accordance with the ideals and aspirations of their peoples;

AFFIRMING that all foreign bases are temporary and remain only with the expressed concurrence of the countries concerned and are not intended to be used directly or indirectly to subvert the national independence and freedom of States in the area or prejudice the orderly processes of their national development;

DO HEREBY DECLARE:

FIRST, the establishment of an Association for Regional Cooperation among the countries bordering the waters of the Dauntel, the Rokkenjiman Sea and the Strait of Shaw to be known as the Association of Dauntel and Shaw Nations (ADSN).

1. To accelerate the economic growth, social progress and cultural development in the region through joint endeavours in the spirit of equality and partnership in order to strengthen the foundation for a prosperous and peaceful community of Dauntel and Shaw Nations;
2. To promote regional peace and stability through abiding respect for justice and the rule of law in the relationship among countries of the region.
3. To promote active collaboration and mutual assistance on matters of common interest in the economic, social, cultural, technical, scientific and administrative fields;
4. To provide assistance to each other in the form of training and research facilities in the educational, professional, technical and administrative spheres;
5. To collaborate more effectively for the greater utilization of their agriculture and industries, the expansion of their trade, including the study of the problems of international commodity trade, the improvement of their transportation and communications facilities and the raising of the living standards of their peoples;
7. To maintain close and beneficial cooperation with existing international and regional organizations with similar aims and purposes, and explore all avenues for even closer cooperation among themselves.

THIRD, that the Association represents the collective will of the nations which border the Dauntel Sea, Rokkenjiman Sea and Strait of Shaw, to bind themselves together in friendship and cooperation and, through joint efforts and sacrifices, secure for their peoples and for posterity the blessings of peace, freedom and prosperity.

FOURTH, that the Association is open for participation to all States which border the Dauntel Sea, the Rokkenjiman Sea or Strait of Shaw who subscribe to the aforementioned aims, principles and purposes.
(a) Any prospective member of the organisation must be admitted by majority vote of the membership

1. The Council shall consist of ambassadors representing each of the member nations, each member shall have one vote on any matter.

2. Any member may propose a matter for debate, all votes on resolutions are by majority vote unless determined otherwise by the Council.

2. In order to protect citizens of all nations any intelligence gathered by one nation that would indicate a likely threat to another is to be shared in a speedy manner. Should a nation believe that by revealing this intelligence it would place its own safety or operations in jeopardy then they are excused from sharing this intelligence.

Signed,
Eijirō, Emperor of Daitō

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2023, 12:45:09 AM »
When the opportunity came it would not be the Empress but the Vicegerent who would sign on behalf of the First Empire. While an action taken with the full authority of the Empress as her Vicegerent and thus of equal legal equivelant, it would be a symbolic snub to the Daitojin, and represented the minimal level of protest available to the Empress at the moment whilst allowing for her vision to proceed.

Quote from: The ADSN Declaration

DO HEREBY DECLARE:

Signed,
Eijirō, Emperor of Daitō

Vicegerent
First Empire of Rokkenjima

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Aosta

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2023, 08:52:19 PM »

DO HEREBY DECLARE:

Signed,
Eijirō, Emperor of Daitō

Vicegerent

Empress Serena
Empire of Aosta

Offline Abertone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2023, 11:12:21 AM »

DO HEREBY DECLARE:

Signed,
Eijirō, Emperor of Daitō

Vicegerent

Empress Serena
Empire of Aosta

Consul Graziano Lupo
Empire of Abertone
(Ratified by His Imperial Majesty Emperor Marco)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2023, 04:15:56 PM »

DO HEREBY DECLARE:

Signed,
Eijirō, Emperor of Daitō

Emerson Ravenswood
Vicegerent

Empress Serena
Empire of Aosta

Consul Graziano Lupo
Empire of Abertone
(Ratified by His Imperial Majesty Emperor Marco)

Chief Councillor Xiaoling Tsu
Gowu
(Countersigned by Molly Newton, Gowu Minister, for the purposes of security provisions)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2023, 10:12:12 PM »
OOC: Any other signatories or do we get to clink glasses now?

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2023, 07:03:59 AM »
OOC: I suppose not? Someone grab the champagne

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2023, 10:40:42 PM »
"I believe we have a Declaration before us, one which has been accepted and signed, and I look forward to what we will accomplish together. Staff," she said with a smile, "bring me a Pyrenan Mead and a bottle of the Quinntopian vodka we have on hand and, for our new friends, whatever they wish that we are capable of providing them. Congratulations all, we did it," she concluded with a smile.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2023, 11:56:57 PM »
OOC:

"With the celebratory mood the room is more quiet than I'd have expected," she said as she looked over to McKenna. "Tell me, when was the last time I had a state visit to a nation besides going home to see dad in Dartfordia, to see mum in Achkaerin, to Tytor to visit my beloved?" Mckenna fell silent for a moment, "Some time, your Highness," he would reply. Asuna sighed, closed her eyes, twirled around three times and extended a pointed finger to Empress Serena. "While my methods might not be entirely scientific, I hope you'll accept my request to spend the next weekend in your nation and get to know you better and look, I know we've traded barbs here along the way to a successful signing of the Dunwich Declaration, but I'd like to have the opportunity for us to sit down, talk, and who knows, there might be something more bilateral in the works for our nations; after all, the ADSN was what I hoped to see to success, but what worth is the ADSN if we don't actually build links with each other. So," she paused, somewhat out of breath from speaking all of that on just one breath, "may we schedule a visit in say, two weeks?"

Beatrice Anselmo