Author Topic: A Message to the Dragon Emperor  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
A Message to the Dragon Emperor
« on: May 28, 2022, 07:21:58 PM »

A Message
To His Imperial Majesty Dragon-Emperor Tielin II

I write to you today to state, unequivocally, that I got it wrong and take full responsibility for our failures toward Lijiang. I apologize to you, and your People, for my words and actions toward you, your People and your nation. I believe that, in friendship, we could be a force of stability and prosperity upon the Ardian continent and, in partnership, working together on international concerns of security and securing a future where the atom is decidedly a symbol of international peace and cooperation. It is perhaps my greatest failure that these paths were not followed and, in hindsight, I can see where my actions unnecessarily politicized the MAEA and that the words levied against Lijiang were wrong. If there was ever a moment I wish I could go back and take the paths not taken I would certainly use it on these matters.

I was wrong, and while I cannot take back those actions which have transpired I can give my full faith commitment to working toward a better future between our states. As one who has, time and again, professed his belief in the vision and mission of the MAEA I hope to overcome past failures in our interactions, to right this historic wrong. As we both know the MAEA only works if nations join the Agency and work toward fulfilling its objectives. We cannot again allow Mundus to reach the dangerous era we've placed behind us, and Lijiang would be a magnificent partner in ideals I feel we likely still share.

Should you see it as acceptable to grant me your graces in rectifying these issues I promise my full and undivided attention in a meeting between our nations and I would be humbled by those graces as well as the opportunity to overturn this historic wrong between our Peoples and Nations. I can, of course, understand if you should say no to such a proposition, but I place my faith in your graces that such an opportunity may be possible under your terms.

Respectfully yours;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Arovium

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lijiang
Re: A Message to the Dragon Emperor
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 09:29:30 AM »

To:- Empress Evanthe

We appreciate this honest approach to the past.

While we are happy to meet and discuss what happens moving forward we must reinforce our stance that for the foreseeable future membership of MAEA is not in our nations interests. Our partnership with Altona is blossoming and as such we see co-operation with them as part of our nations long term energy strategy. Should though this conversation be of interest to you myself and a congregation of Lords will attend a meeting in Rokkenjima at your convenience.

Blessings of the Two

Dragon Emperor Tielin II

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 01:21:51 AM »

A Message
To His Imperial Majesty Dragon-Emperor Tielin II

I shall thus look forward to welcoming you to Pyrena Castle, just a short helicopter voyage from Pyrettania International Airport. You, and your delegation, shall be accommodated here at the Castle for the duration of our discussions. I understand the Crown Princess shall be on hand for two days of our visit, as she hopes to speak with you personally.

Respectfully yours;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Arovium

Pyrena Castle

Evanthe and Emerson awaited, as they had times before, in the Pyrena Garden which sat adjacent to the landing pad for helicopters for the arrival of their Lijiang guests. "It's a big day," Evanthe sighed, to which Emerson rubbed her shoulders, "and it's one you're prepared for. Not everyone can admit they were wrong, they can't bring themselves to say sorry, but you did. And," he said twirling her around to face him, "we get Asuna for the weekend. We've all got this, just have faith in yourself and we're golden."

Evanthe would then burry herself in Emerson's hug, "How'd I get this lucky, to have such a wonderful soul at my side? Thank you," she said as the world around them seemingly disappeared, though Emerson heard the blades of a helicopter. "You're on," he said, pointing to the sky, "let us welcome our guests."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 06:08:35 PM »
Tielin and his brother, Lord Regent Lian and his brother-in-law High Lord Qīnglóng were making the journey. Tielin had elected to make this as much of a family outing as possible. It would also mark Lian's final task as Lord Regent, in just a few short weeks the Dragon-Emperors son Prince Chun would turn 18 and would, as promised become the the Lord Regent of the families home province. Lian had no set plan for when the time came to stand down, he hoped to spend some time doing his own thing rather than serving his brother. Qīnglóng meanwhile was beginning his experience of diplomacy having narrowly escaped execution because of tradition. His father had stood against the Dragon Priestess and despite Qīnglóng staying loyal to his faith the families defeat usually meant death for those of the head of the families bloodline. Tielin though had instead married his sister Dandan. He was probably the most nervous of the three.

Upon arrival there was another helicopter ride and then the trio came face to face with their hosts. Tielin gave a small respectful bow. "Thank you for this invitation. Its a pleasure to meet you." Tielin began.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 10:26:08 PM »

Both Evanthe and Emerson returned the bow of Tielin, "Your Majesty, honoured guests, welcome to my home," Evanthe said as she rose. "Thank you for accepting my invitation, I am humbled by the accommodations you have had to make to honour it. As is tradition allow me to present you with this bottle of Pyrennan Mead, matched with a bottle in the cellars here at Pyrena Caslte, which shall be left unopened for at least two years. It is made from honey harvested from bees here on Pyrena's grounds," she said as a bee buzzed by her nose, almost whimsically, "and there's one of our hard workers as I speak. Flavoured with a blend of spices and orange rinds, I hope that it will entertain your palate. Indeed, I've heard that the Pyrena process allows one to taste more of the flowers that the bees visit, so I truly hope that you shall enjoy it."

"And for the Dragon Empress," she said as she presented an ornate wooden box, within which was a hand crafted jade necklace, "I contracted the finest jewelers within the First Empire to construct this necklace to grace her neck. I realize she is not present, but I wished for her to have something as well. Let us walk within the Castle, shall we?" she continued, motioning for them all to proceed to the Green Sitting Room.

"Your Majesty, the deficit between us is great," Evanthe said once her guests had been seated, and she took her own seat as well. "I have levied such strong words against you, have acted in manners which are inappropriate, and yet you humble me with your presence in my home? I am not entirely worthy of this, and thank you for your graces. There's so much we could have accomplished, together, and so many things we could have embarked upon had I not taken those actions or spoke those words. Allow me, as I did in writing, to issue my most sincerest of apologies to you for my words and actions. I was given an opportunity to be understanding, welcoming and compassionate and instead I misunderstood, I shut you out, and I showed you malice. I hope you may forgive those shortcomings, because I stand by my statement that my maltreatment of you and your Empire are my greatest mistake."

"During your stay I hope we may discuss our relations frankly, that we may place our nations on a different course from the present, and I hope to show you what Rokkenjima truly is, not what I showed you or your People previously. While I could have understood sooner, this is an opportunity for us to understand each other today, and I hope both of us uses that opportunity fully. My ears are open as promised so, please, the floor is yours. What do you seek to achieve from our meeting here?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2022, 07:04:59 PM »
The Dragon-Emperor took the bottle and inspected it. In Lijiang alchohol was not as widely consumed as elsewhere in Mundus but regardless of the fact that he hardly ever drank Tielin thanked the Empress. "I would not dare inflict Choujiu upon you so we have no comparable gift, luckily for you." The Dragon-Emperors brother Lian had been holding a sizeable wooden box carved with various scenes. The tea caddy had six internal compartments filled with a wide variety of the leaves from back home, some green tea, ginsing, fruit infused, all taken from the Imperial plantations. Lian handed to box over sandwiched between his two hands with a bow towards Evanthe.  "I am sure if my wife was here she would thank you for the gift" He added as he accepted the jade necklace.

Once seated in the Green Sitting Room and as expected the talks focused on the past. "I must admit I was surprised at the response when we applied to host the MAEA. In your initial response to our application you made some comments that I must say surprised us. You criticised us for not permitting same sex marriage, meanwhile Tytor has it constitutionally prohibited. You criticsed us for having torture on our statute books, yet its not been used in over 150 years, many other nations have rules on their law books that are not utilised. You criticised us for not allowing gender reassignment surgery, at the time it was not permitted, but neither was it in Tytor, where doctors are fined or imprisoned. Now this is good news and bad news. The bad news is that it makes us more concerned about what it is about us that makes us someone worthy of your harsh words at the time. Apologies are good and in this case I am happy to accept it but if we are to move forward there must be an understanding of how it came about. The good news though is that despite Tytor sharing many similar policies that we are criticised for you have formed a strong friendship so it shows it is possible to move beyond these issues while both of us retain our views of the world."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2022, 01:45:25 AM »
"Tea is valued by Rokkenjiman culture, perhaps more so than our mead, so I thank you," Evanthe replied with a smile.

"I was a hypocrite," Evanthe said without hesitation, "and I very much viewed it as a competition which must be won, though in this case the taste of victory has proven to be very much more bitter than sweet. I lacked a proper, contemporary, understanding of your culture and nation and exploited that to its maximum effect to the best of my abilities. Instead of using diplomacy to build links, to forge a better future, I used it to throw an entire nation under a carriage and then guide my horse to ride in reverse over it, then forward again. I take no pride in that, but it is what happened and if we are to move forward into a future which sees any manner of friendship between our states, we must be honest and frank with each other. I did you wrong, I knew that I did you wrong, and it took my teenage niece to move me to rectify those actions. To think, she is supposed to be learning from me and here I am, finding myself learning from her. By the way," she said producing a letter from the drawer next to her, "while she couldn't be here today she wished for me to give you this letter. I shall give you time to read it and process her words, I have not opened it as per her instructions," Evanthe fell silent as she handed it over.

To His Imperial Dragon Majesty, Emperor Tielin II;

If you are reading this then you accepted my aunt's invitation, well, she really isn't my aunt, but she was always there in my life in that function so it is what it is. That's not important though, you're here and I'm thankful for that. You should have received this letter sealed and if it is not let me know because these words are for you and you only. You coming here is a big step in making things better and shows you are a man of principle, understanding and someone I hope to work with one day. Or your successor, I can't tell the future, but hopefully it's you.

I meant every word I said because business as usual isn't working, and you and your people deserve better treatment and what was said about all of you is not right. A representative of mine will be joining the meeting, a man who has influence and power in the Imperial Government on my behalf, Gregory McKenna. Please, let us make today about the future more than the past even if Aunt Eva will focus there because that's where she screwed up. I'm focused on the future, and I know that if we get beyond all that happened in the past we can work together, I know you're a people my mother would've loved to greet from isolation and I'm sorry your greeting was so hostile compared to that. You being here though shows that both Lijiang and Rokkenjima can learn, we can do better, and salvage from this point.

McKenna will be joining you after the initial meeting and I've shared my goals with him, he's going to translate that into Rokkenjiman policy as he is an Imperial Liaison with the full force of the Empress in his words and actions. Thank you again for coming, for having some faith in the future between us, and thank you for your forgiveness for past wrongs. I'm assuming a little there as I am not there in person, but you seem like the just type from what I've read so far, so I'm fairly confident in my words here. Thank you for your time and, I hope, one day I am the one who will greet you and welcome you as Empress. We have so much to learn from each other, we're both ancient cultures, so why should we be opposed? We have more to offer each other than oppose each other, so I'll be looking forward to talking with you. Aunt Eva's trying, so perhaps we can both give her credit there yes?

Until we meet!

Crown Princess Asuna

PS:

I hope to have a letter from you to return to, and just as I instructed my aunt for this letter, please leave yours for my eyes only!

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2022, 08:28:54 PM »
Tielin was not too sure what to say or do. He in a way was thankful for the letter as it gave him time to think. With it read he waited a moment or two and carefully placed it in an envelope before tucking it away in his inside pocket. "Crown Princess Asuna has quiet a way with words." Was the best thing he could think of saying. "As for where Lijiang and Rokkenjima relations go that is a matter that is still to be worked out I think. Since the MAEA affair we have yet to change laws to mirror those of your MCUR or yourself, nor do I think will we anytime in the future. In our initial disagreement you likened our policies towards the LGBT community to those that caused boycotts of the Summer Games in Royal Seleucid and Tamora, am I to think then that as we don't change a boycott of the summer games in Lijiang, if we get them, is on the cards. I like to be able to predict the stances nations, especially ones we are looking to form working relationships with, will take and I am a little confused. I am also forced to ask what will sadly be an uncomfortable question. I am here speaking with you, your hold the title Empress, meanwhile we have His Grace Count Emerson of Achkaerin here with us whom I believe has acted as Vice-Regent, I have a letter from a Crown Princess with things to consider and I believe a representative of hers is joining us?" He assumed Evanthe would be aware of McKenna joining them. "I am then a little confused, who is responsible for what aspects of our talks?"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2022, 08:23:50 AM »
"Naturally, I don't think it's appropriate to view Lijiang's positions on the same field as those who openly and even proudly hold onto the institution of slavery," Evanthe sighed, "then again, I have stated my intents at the time even if I've disavowed them, I still acted in that manner. As for further matters I am spearheading these talks entirely; Emerson is here in his role as Vicegerent of Rokkenjima with no ties nor duties to the Holy Empire of Achkaerin, while McKenna will be joining mostly in a capacity to take notes and prepare the next Empress in her dealings with Lijiang; I am the Empress you are dealing with today, however, I have agreed to accommodations to allow my successor as seamless a transition as possible into her reign. I am thus responsible for all aspects of our talks and shall also be responsible for all aspects of our relations until the day Asuna ascends to the Throne without need of a Regent."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2022, 07:38:26 PM »
With failing to get to the bottom of the way the two nations had seemingly been viewed different despite their shared stances the talks were now less straight forward. Potentially there were three agendas going on, that of Evanthe, one of the future Empress and a noble of Achkaerin. While it appeared Evanthe trusted this Emerson to have no ties or duties that didn't hold much weight with Tielin. Nobles back home swore oaths of loyalty to the Dragon-Emperor and Tielin assumed this would be the same for Achkaerin. "So beyond an apology how do you propose we overturn what has gone before us?"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2022, 03:18:56 AM »
"Do excuse me for a moment," Evanthe said as she took a quick glance at her phone. "Emerson, McKenna, I'll need you two to sit in on an ongoing session of the Foreign Affairs Committee; there's some developments there which would benefit from your presence. I expect a report on the findings of the Committee to be on my desk later this evening." With a respectful nod the two men departed the room, "Now then, where were we? Yes, addressing past events and finding a path forward from them," the Empress continued.

"The position we find ourselves in today is not too different from the position Rokkenjima and Seaforth once found themselves in: a deficit of trust, a lack of understanding as well as any seeming desire from each nation to address the issues and redress the antagonistic language and actions. After discussions between our nations we found ourselves in a position of cooperation and growing trust which resulted in a strong relationship between Rokkenjima and Seaforth. I believe some of the tools utilized in those days may be of use for us here in the present."

"One such tool was the formation of a Rokkenjima-Seaforth Cultural Association which would organise an annual festival to be held in each nation, in turn. These festivals focused on sharing the unique cultures of each nation while promoting friendship between the People, while also allowing for a minimum of 100 students from each nation the opportunity to attend. This, paired with eased visa processes further aided in making recreational and business travel easier. Coupled with student exchange programs, which allowed for our students to learn of Seaforth from a first-person basis, and Seaforthian students of Rokkenjima on a likewise basis, we saw an affinity and understanding build between our Peoples."

"Naturally we'll also have to look to issues which exist between our Governments, one of those being the aforementioned deficit of trust. That's not an issue which will be solved here today, however, it's an issue which we can begin to lay the foundation to move forward from. Treaty drafting is a hobby of mine, most likely from my days as a career diplomat, so perhaps we may start with a potential foundation I drafted prior to your arrival. This will allow you to see where Rokkenjima stands at present and, with your input, we may arrive at a Treaty which addresses our concerns mutually while placing us on a path for normalized and, one day I hope, warm and cordial relations."

Quote from: Proposal As Handed Over
Treaty of Normalization Of Relations
betweeen the First Empire of Rokkenjima and the Majestic Empire of
Lijiang

Rokkenjima and Lijiang;

Desiring to acknowledge historic divisions and move toward a path of normalized relations between their nations;

Desiring further to encourage closer diplomatic and cultural cooperation between them and to promote conditions of tranquility and prosperity between their countries,

Having resolved to conclude a Treaty to normalize relations,

Therefore agree as follows:

ARTICLE I

The Parties undertake to establish and staff embassies in the capital of one another. These Embassies shall be considered the sovereign territory of the nation which it represents. Furthermore, all diplomatic communications between the Embassy and their home nation shall be considered private. Embassies are permitted to maintain a military presence for security. These personnel may not wear a uniform or carry weapons outside of the embassy except in times of emergency, when providing security for diplomats, or with the written permission of the Foreign Minister (or equivalent) of the host nation.

ARTICLE II

Each nation shall appoint an Ambassador who shall reside in the host nation. This Ambassador must present, in person, their diplomatic credentials before the Head of Government within forty-eight (48) hours. Should the Head of Government be unavailable within that time period then an appointed official shall be permitted to stand in for them.

ARTICLE III

Ambassadors must make themselves available to meet with the Head of Government or their appointed official within twenty-four (24) hours of receiving such a summons. Diplomats shall be afforded all rights as established by international law.

ARTICLE IV

The Treaty shall create a Rokkenjima-Lijiang Cultural Association. This Association will organise an annual festival to be held in each nation in turn annually.

This festival must be focused on the sharing of the unique cultures of each nation and promote friendship between people. The host nation will provide opportunities for a minimum of 100 young students from each of the other nations to attend.

Both nations shall agree to fund an annual student exchange which shall be open for 100 students from each nation aged 16-18. During these visits students shall stay with a host family who shall have a child of similar age. These exchanges shall last for two weeks and shall feature a week attending school in the host nation. The timing of the exchange shall coincide with some cultural experience.

The Treaty will also also allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visa aiding in travel between the nations for purpose of trade, recreation and business.

ARTICLE V

Students from the signatory nations shall be able to apply for universities in each respective nation. They shall be granted the same consideration as host nation students. Upon an offer from a University having occurred the student shall not require a visa.

ARTICLE VI

Visitors entering either nation for a period of time less than 21 days shall not require a visa, however, they may be refused entry for reasons of national security.

ARTICLE VII

Representatives from the First Empire of Rokkenjima and the Majestic Empire of Lijiang shall meet on the anniversary of the signing of this Treaty to re-affirm their commitment to good relations and, as necessary, amend the Treaty as necessary to ensure it is contemporary with the relationship between the First and Majestic Empires.

ARTICLE IX

This Treaty shall be ratified by the First Empire of Rokkenjima and the Majestic Empire of Lijiang in accordance with their respective constitutional processes and will enter into force on the date on which the instruments of ratification thereof have been exchanged by them in Pyrettania.

ARTICLE X

This Treaty shall remain in force until the opinion of the Governments of Rokkenjima and Lijiang that it no longer serves the best interests of the Parties.

However, after the Treaty has been in force for five years, either Party may give notice to the other Party of its intention to terminate the Treaty, in which case the Treaty shall terminate one year after such notice has been given.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF the undersigned have signed this Treaty.

DONE at the City of Pyrettania, Azukishima Prefecture, Rokkenjima in the Rokkenjiman and Lijiangian languages equally and authentic, this [date], 2022.

For Rokkenjima:

For Lijiang:

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2022, 11:03:17 PM »
"In regard to your proposal I have a few amendments. You talk about a seeming lack of desire to address issues but keep this in mind. We sit as a nation that because of our rather quirky way of handling dynastic change spent the best part of 12 decades in a form of diplomatic limbo. No one had the authority to make decisions about interactions with others. As such the whole of Mundus is effectively devoid of any real meaningful relationship with us. When things broke down between us naturally Rokkenjima would move down the list as we have other nations happy and willing to support us. Since then we've cemented deals with the S.U.N, East Moreland has become a close friend as have the Cenneg. It was not a case of we have no desire to explore relationships just when you have such a large field of nations to work with their are much easier targets."

Tielin lifted the treaty off the table to examine it as he spoke. "First I would insist that the embassy in Lijiang be in the Golden Enclave, that would mean you must appoint an ambassador born into nobility. As they will be based in the Golden Enclave they would have no requirement of military guards. As for Article III you state rights by international law, what law are you referencing? As Lijiang have signed no such agreement involving ambassadors and international law. As for termination t should be with immediate effect. There can be nothing worse than nations feeling bound when there is no reason to be so."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2022, 12:17:37 PM »
"I get it, I honestly do, which may I argue, makes my argument in righting this wrong stronger, does it not?" Evanthe offered as a proposition. "Gods I could have welcomed you, I could have built you up, but I tore you down, I tore an entire nation down and for what, so Rokkenjima could build some pretty buildings? It was wrong and I can never say sorry enough times, but what I can do is act and show you, through actions, that I truly regret the course of action I took toward you and your nation. I could have done better, have been better, but I wasn't and it so painfully shows. I'm not used to playing catch-up but I am trying and, hopefully, I can succeed there where I have so clearly failed us previously."

"As for your amendments," Evanthe said as she picked up a red pen for editing, "this is fine. We can also modify the termination clause as per your suggestions."

OOC: I took great inspiration from a Morelander treaty for aspects of our Treaty, so I'll need some word from Dave to speak on the IC matters you cited regarding Article III. Thank you for your patience. :)

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2022, 08:47:35 PM »
OOC- I'm assuming you never got anything sorted regarding the "International Law" bit. I therefore suspect this would be what we would end up with

[quote[
Treaty of Normalization Of Relations
betweeen the First Empire of Rokkenjima and the Majestic Empire of
Lijiang

Rokkenjima and Lijiang;

Desiring to acknowledge historic divisions and move toward a path of normalized relations between their nations;

Desiring further to encourage closer diplomatic and cultural cooperation between them and to promote conditions of tranquility and prosperity between their countries,

Having resolved to conclude a Treaty to normalize relations,

Therefore agree as follows:

ARTICLE I

The Parties undertake to establish and staff embassies in the capital of one another. The Rokkenjiman embassy shall  be located within the Golden Enclave and enjoy all the rights and protections such a location brings under Lijiangian custom and law. Meanwhile Lijaing shall maintain an active embassy in the capital of Rokkenjima. Furthermore, all diplomatic communications between the Embassy and their home nation shall be considered private.

ARTICLE II

Each nation shall appoint an Ambassador who shall reside in the host nation. This Ambassador must present, in person, their diplomatic credentials before the Head of Government within twelve (12) hours. Should the Head of Government be unavailable within that time period then an appointed official shall be permitted to stand in for them.

ARTICLE III

Ambassadors must make themselves available to meet with the Head of Government or their appointed official within twelve (12) hours of receiving such a summons. Diplomats shall be afforded all rights as established by international law.

ARTICLE IV

The Treaty shall create a Rokkenjima-Lijiang Cultural Association. This Association will organise an annual festival to be held in each nation in turn annually.

This festival must be focused on the sharing of the unique cultures of each nation and promote friendship between people. The host nation will provide opportunities for a minimum of 100 young students from each of the other nations to attend.

Both nations shall agree to fund an annual student exchange which shall be open for 100 students from each nation aged 16-18. During these visits students shall stay with a host family who shall have a child of similar age. These exchanges shall last for two weeks and shall feature a week attending school in the host nation. The timing of the exchange shall coincide with some cultural experience.

The Treaty will also also allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visa aiding in travel between the nations for purpose of trade, recreation and business.

ARTICLE V

Students from the signatory nations shall be able to apply for universities in each respective nation. They shall be granted the same consideration as host nation students. Upon an offer from a University having occurred the student shall not require a visa.

ARTICLE VI

Visitors entering either nation for a period of time less than 21 days shall not require a visa, however, they may be refused entry for reasons of national security.

ARTICLE VII

Representatives from the First Empire of Rokkenjima and the Majestic Empire of Lijiang shall meet on the anniversary of the signing of this Treaty to re-affirm their commitment to good relations and, as necessary, amend the Treaty as necessary to ensure it is contemporary with the relationship between the First and Majestic Empires.

ARTICLE IX

This Treaty shall be ratified by the First Empire of Rokkenjima and the Majestic Empire of Lijiang in accordance with their respective constitutional processes and will enter into force on the date on which the instruments of ratification thereof have been exchanged by them in Pyrettania.

ARTICLE X

This Treaty shall remain in force until the opinion of the Governments of Rokkenjima and Lijiang that it no longer serves the best interests of the Parties.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF the undersigned have signed this Treaty.

DONE at the City of Pyrettania, Azukishima Prefecture, Rokkenjima in the Rokkenjiman and Lijiangian languages equally and authentic, this [date], 2022.

For Rokkenjima:

For Lijiang:

[/quote]

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2022, 09:32:22 AM »
OOC: Works for me. If you wish for the Dragon Emperor to formally propose this version please do so and we'll move forward from there. :)

Beatrice Anselmo