Author Topic: Royal Wedding  (Read 3373 times)

Offline Aurelius III

• Microstate
  • For the Crown of St. Jean and St. Mark!
    • View Profile
    • Montagne Factbook
  • Your Nation: Montagnes Glorieuses
Royal Wedding
« on: August 15, 2019, 05:57:48 PM »
The Most Serene King Aurelius III of Montagnes would like to announce that his son, Prince  Edouard VII  of house Rousellier will be marrying Marie II of House Capet-Bourbonaiss. This will strengthen the relations between the ruling family and the most influential noble house, the house of Capet-Bourbonaiss, and help our King govern more effectively. This also gives more legitimacy to our king, as he and his family of
Rousillion will merge with the House of Capet-bourbonaiss, which will also merge with the house Bonrei-Bourbonaiss 3 weeks after the wedding, giving Rousillion-Bourbanaiss a 60% claim to the house Bourbonaiss, a legendary house of which i will explain in another post.
We invite you to the Belle Maison de Roses in Montagnes's central valley for an evening of charm, laughter and fun. WE would like to strengthen relations with others, and so invite the leaders of other nations to join.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 09:22:02 PM by Montagne-PM »

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Royal Wedding
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 06:23:54 PM »

To:- His Majesty King Aurelius III

On behalf of the Kingdom of East Moreland please convey our best wishes to the soon to be married couple. While I would like to attend in person other matters of state force me to remain in East Moreland. I would therefore like my sister Princess Freya and her husband Major Alex Redfern to attend on behalf of our Kingdom. I hope that this is acceptable and wish the Prince and his future wife a long and happy marriage.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your People Know Peace

King David III of East Moreland.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 10:25:39 PM »

To: His Majesty King Aurelius III

May I extend my personal congratulations and best wishes as well as those of the Achkaerinese people to the bride and groom. Unfortunately engagements at this years Edelweiss Festival and other matters prevent my personal attendance, in my stead I'm sure my son Prince Simon, his wife Lydia and their two daughters Aeolia and Lamia will prove suitable attendees.

Emperor Peter Azurewind

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 05:40:16 PM »
To his Majesty, King Aurelius the Third

on behalf of the Empire of Neu Uburzis i shall forward our best wishes to the Groom and his Bride. Unfortunately Scheduling Issues will not allow for the Emperors attendance, thus his Cousin Princess Adelheid would represent the Imperial Family instead, accompanied by a Noble Man from Lodja.

I hope this is acceptable for his Majesty, and my deepest Apology.

Prince Regent Albrecht of Neu Uburzis,
Speaking for Emperor Orion the First

Offline Aurelius III

• Microstate
    • View Profile
    • Montagne Factbook
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 05:24:25 AM »
The Most Serene King Aurelius III of Montagnes would like to announce that his son, Prince  Edouard VII  of house Rousellier will be marrying Marie II of House Capet-Bourbonaiss. This will strengthen the relations between the ruling family and the most influential noble house, the house of Capet-Bourbonaiss, and help our King govern more effectively. This also gives more legitimacy to our king, as he and his family of
Rousillion will merge with the House of Capet-bourbonaiss, which will also merge with the house Bonrei-Bourbonaiss 3 weeks after the wedding, giving Rousillion-Bourbanaiss a 60% claim to the house Bourbonaiss, a legendary house of which i will explain in another post.
We invite you to the Belle Maison de Roses in Montagnes's central valley for an evening of charm, laughter and fun. WE would like to strengthen relations with others, and so invite the leaders of other nations to join.

OOC: Just so everyone in this knows, the RP should start onSeptember 1st, 12:00 Chicago time. Alcoholic beverages will be served, and each visitor will be presented with a fine wine from the Belle Maison de roses's own winery and grapes. In adittion to this, the visitors shall also see the full Belle Maison's painting gallery, containing paintings from as long as king Philip III's time.

Offline Aurelius III

• Microstate
    • View Profile
    • Montagne Factbook
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 05:26:04 AM »
whoops, forgot to mention, the RP starts then because that will be the arrival time of the guests. I shall try my best to have an RP post up by 12:30.

Offline Aurelius III

• Microstate
    • View Profile
    • Montagne Factbook
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 07:10:39 PM »
The Crown Prince Edouard  notices the visitors and walks towards them, greeting the East Moreland visitor
"Hello, your highness, Princess Freya. We are very much delighted to have you here!"
"Hellos, Major Alex. We have heard of your acheivements, and are very much excited to have you here!"
Next came the Achekerin visitors, which Edouard speedily rushed to greet
"How are you, Your Highness!  We  are very honoured to have you here!"
"Hello, Princess Lydia, how have you been! We are very happy to have you here!"
then, he turned to their children, Aeolia and Lamia
"May God and his angels watch over you!" He said, smiling at the children. " My, what grade are they in?" He asked their father.
(Achekerin's response over here, if they do respond  :( )
finally, he turned towards the visitor from Neu Uburzis, Princess Adelheild, and the noble.
"Hello, your Highness! We are flattered that you have joined us here!"
"Hello,(insert nobles name)! We have heard of your acheivements, and are very ecstatic that you have joined us today!"
He led them to a Limo, which would transport them to the Belle Maison de Roses, an 4 hour drive from Edéréi to Régéi, and then a 35 minute drive to the villa itself.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 09:05:53 PM »
Freya was rather pleased to get an oppurtunity to get away for a few days with Alex. He'd been busy overseeing the latest intake of East Moreland's Red Legion and she hadn't seen much of him as his duties had kept him in Aldcliffe. Their adopted daughter Evie was also missing him and this was evident in how the six year old was becoming quiet a handful, especially since she'd not seen her best buddy Princess Rhiannon for quiet some time now. Freya had made a point of trying to sort that out for when they got back especially now that Rhiannon was over her illness.

As Crown Prince Edouard made his introductions Freya gave a small nod while Alex gave a more formal bow, unlike Freya he wasn't royal and wasn't even a noble man. The military officer had just fallen lucky at being a room-mate of the then Prince David and the two had joined the Alpine Cadre together. "A pleasure to meet you" Freya said briefly before Edouard was forced to go on and see the other arrivals. As they entered the limo she could feel Alex's inner security analyst wanting to say something but a discreet dig to the ribs made him shut up before he could say anything. "So Your Highness, just how did you and your future wife meet? Or...and I apologise for asking this, just I know the way it can be for some royals, was it all arranged?" Freya asked now earning herself a return small elbow to the ribs for asking what Alex saw could be a rather awkward question.

Offline Aurelius III

• Microstate
    • View Profile
    • Montagne Factbook
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 09:36:16 PM »
Edouard looked at Freya, and answered with
"Well, we met at a party 2 and a half years ago. I had been chatting with her, and found her to be nice, funny, and smart. 2 weeks later, after multiple phone calls, we arranged to meet at a cafè in one of Montages's Capitals, Edéréi. We started dating more often, and  7 months ago I proposed to her. Our parents did not force it, but encouraged it once we started meeting more and more., since her house is the second-most influential house in Montagnes after mine, and our marrige will unite both houses."
He gave what he hoped was a reassuring smile to let the princess know he wasn't bothered by the arranged marrige question.He turned to Alex, saying
"do not worry about security. The car is reinforced with steel, our chaffeur has a pistol and is a black belt in Taekwondo, and Undercover police are at points across our route."
He looked outside,  realising that  they had entered Régéi and turned towards the guests
"I suppose you must be famished, we can stop at one of Régéi's Cafés, which I beleive you would like, with their world-class food."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 11:09:27 PM »
"My wife is always hungry, if you ever need a military raid on a fridge she's your badger." Alex teased his wife. He often claimed she had hollow legs and in some ways he blamed her for the weight increase he'd experienced before heading back to Red Legions selection course, something that amused his comrades and earned him some rather intense teasing of his own.

"What exactly is your nations cuisine" Freya asked. Back home East Moreland cuisine could be summed up in one word, "Meat" or in two "Roasted Meat"A Morelander restaurant certainly wasn't a place for a vegetarian.

Offline Aurelius III

• Microstate
    • View Profile
    • Montagne Factbook
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 05:17:01 AM »
"My wife is always hungry, if you ever need a military raid on a fridge she's your badger." Alex teased his wife. He often claimed she had hollow legs and in some ways he blamed her for the weight increase he'd experienced before heading back to Red Legions selection course, something that amused his comrades and earned him some rather intense teasing of his own.

"What exactly is your nations cuisine" Freya asked. Back home East Moreland cuisine could be summed up in one word, "Meat" or in two "Roasted Meat"A Morelander restaurant certainly wasn't a place for a vegetarian.
It is a mix of French tastes, evident in our Wine, Crossaints, and others, and Traditional food. As you know, Montagnes is a unuique culture, different to even their neighbors. Some traditional dishes are

Garlic Stræchen, A wonderful dish to combine with

Our traditional Pork sausages. If you're a French-food-lover, no worries! We've got Croissants,Crepes, the lot.
If you're thirsty, try our

native Strāāchénberry juice. For dessert we have

Hoteerlaants, or Macrons, both o which are served at many Café's. In addition, our Café scene has recently introduces Gaming Café's, which are ridiculously popular. We could get a bite to eat, and play a Board game, but if you don't like Strategy board games, you're out of luck, since they are the main addittions  to our café's right now. If not Board games, then Videogames. The new RTS game "Hawks of the Earth IV" has just released, and is a hit. Or if not that, then we could play a quick round of Hearts of Iron 4? Or maybe something else, these Café's have a lot of options.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2019, 08:13:44 PM »
Freya and Alex were a little surprised, here they were on the way to a wedding and the groom wanted to play video games, all men must deal with the nerves differently. For Alex it had been different as he and Freya had literally planned the wedding in 12 hours. "Perhaps I can get some jam for this croissant." Alex asked as her surveyed the array of local foods. It was certainly less meat heavy than anything back home. "I must admit though I'm not really one for video games. I'm a little old and well I always preferred to be outside. Suppose it didn't help that my father was a miner and we were always broke but things change." He chuckled. "Random luck of sharing a University flat with a then Prince, finding out I was pretty useful as a soldier and then bagging a beautiful younger rich woman." He added teasing Freya.

"My father never really allowed us video games growing up. If it wasn't a book, a horse, a sword or some other seemingly courtly pastime it wasn't even allowed in the house. My brother's still got to ask his secretary sometimes how to print things out." It was strange to think that despite him being the bookworm of the three Ironside children he was probably the least technologically advanced. "You feeling a little nervous?" Freya asked. "I remember my own wedding day was so quick I barely remembered much of it, or that may have been the Seaforthian whiskey the Rhodes family brought with them."

Offline Aurelius III

• Microstate
    • View Profile
    • Montagne Factbook
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2019, 10:01:32 PM »
"hmm, then not videogames. Alright, we could play boardgames, maybe after the ceremony, if you could find the time. I know you must be busy. And to answer your question, yes! I am, in fact, very nervous. I don't usually play videogames. At university, maybe i'd play for a few hours with my friends after every other Friday, if I was lucky. The thing is, in fact, marrige is extremely valued here, especially for royals. Marrige is for love, usually, but is also sometimes arranged. My mother has long been fighting  arranged marriges, and the statistics of arranged marriges  have fell by  2%, to about 1.2% under her. My  whole family, excluding my sister, Elisabeth will be there. My sister will not be there, as she is on a diplomatic-ish visit to Hassfurt for their day of blood ceremony."

the group continued to chat for a little while as they ate, Edouard murdering a few Hooterlants.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2019, 09:16:06 PM »
Freya and Alex relaxed a little enjoying some food and drinks. Arranged marriages were a thing of the past in East Moreland, although some of the more extremists of their faith would like to see it reintroduced for the royal family but King David's own private life and ability to block legislation meant that even if it had got that far that the Representative Council endorsed the idea he would veto it. Having devoured her croissant and jam Freya turned to their host, "How long do we have before the marriage starts."