Author Topic: Kodumaa/CSU Discussions  (Read 4390 times)

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Kodumaa/CSU Discussions
« on: January 15, 2020, 03:15:35 PM »

To - Celestial Empress Myna Anastasia Sygvaldi II

The Cross-Straits Union has received your application to join the Union as a full member, under normal circumstances the custom of the Union is to invite a representative of your nation to the headquarters of the organisation located in Ashinxao, Rokkenjima. However with the annual Cross-Straits Summit only a matter of days away you have caught us a little by surprise. That said we will make the necessary arrangements to have your nations interview take place in Achkaerin so that we can ensure that your interview is conducted prior to the summit.

Signed

Lìosa Càidh
Secretary General, Cross-Straits Union

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Viljandi
Re: Kodumaa/CSU Discussions
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 08:38:37 AM »
Celestial Empress Myna Anastasia Sygvaldi II or as she simply liked to be called Myna was staying in at a hotel in Valtheim

Minister of State Nicholas Yarkov asked "You think they will accept us your Holiness"he asked facetiously with a sly grin on his face, knowing that such formalities made the Empress cringe. She remarked "You know Mr Yarkov, it's talk like that which will probably get us rejected, if you have to use formalities then just your Highness or Majesty would be fine, you know, like a normal monarch." The Minister of State chuckled at the Empress' discomfort and frustration "Yes your majesty...Also on a serious note, would it also not be produent for us to join SANE as well, they are our immediate partners after all." 

The Empress replied "Yes I do see your point, but that comes later, SANE still has some issues to iron out with the seemingly needless tension with Rokkenjima and the whole NA Crisis. We will approach when the situation is more stable." He responded "Yes..You're probably right."she responded facetiously "Of course, your god is always right." She said as they snickered lightly at her statement. The Minister of State replied "Also your Highness wouldn't it have been better to let Consul Michael Williams know beforehand before you came here?" She casually replied "Eh I'm sure they know where we are staying by now, if not I will let them know through the Kodumaan Embassy."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 09:46:35 PM by Viljandi »

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 08:33:52 PM »
Lìosa Càidh, the Secretary General of the CSU was in a reasonably good mood, she didn't often get the chance to come back home, but with the Cross Straits Summit looming up she'd wanted to be on the ground early, she was happy that the Kodumaa delegation had been so accommodating under the circumstances. It hadn't taken more than the usual diplomatic channels for her to discover where the Empress was staying. She chose to walk up the stairs to the right floor rather than take the lift before making her way down the corridor. She knocked on the door and waited for it to be answered.

"Lìosa Càidh" she said "Secretary General of the Cross Straits Union, I believe I'm expected."

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 10:00:35 PM »
The Minister of State opened the door on the Empress' behalf, she was surprisingly informal, she was wearing a corporate pants suit. She was enjoying some coffee at the time on the table. "Ah Secretary General Lìosa Càidh, good afternoon.I hope I didn't inconvenience you too much. Come sit." She then directed her to an empty spot on the table. The Minister of State Nicholas Yarkov asked Lìosa "Would you like anything? We can have something prepared"

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 09:38:04 PM »
"No thank you." Lìosa said she looked around the table, the Empress and ministers it was the sort of meeting she understood, though part of her wished that her colleague Madison who dealt more with the Head of States was around, she didn't want to put her foot in it "Well I guess I should start by saying welcome to Achkaerin. I hope you enjoy your time here. My job today is to vet your nation in terms of membership of the CSU, so I'll need to ask some questions, after I've asked my questions I send a report to my colleague who then liaises with the council of head of states or put it another way she conference calls the Emperor of Achkaerin and the Empress of Rokkenjima, they make a decision on  membership and then an official statement is released. Do you have any questions about the process?"

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 09:47:29 PM »
The Empress merely smiled and replied. "We didn't find any solid process, is admission into the Union on a case by case basis? Also What is the criteria for joining is it on the basis of some economic metrics or something else?" Minister of State Nicholas Yarkov was listening intently while tending to business on his laptop. but judging by the expression of interest on his face one can tell he was listening intently.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 07:03:12 PM »
"Yes each nation's application is considered entirely on its own merits." Lìosa said "The criteria for joining as a full member is that a nation is prepared to undertake the obligations contained in the CSU's treaty, we don't make decisions on whether a nation is developed or developing in economic terms. Does that make sense?"

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 09:41:30 AM »
The Empress simply nodded. "Ok so this is more on a case by case basis. If that is the case then let us begin. I have read most of the CSU charter and I can confidently say that there is nothing in it that I don't fundamentally disagree with so I shouldn't present too much pf a problem. Kodumaa can always use nw trading partners. But yes I will defer to you. Ms Càidh."

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 03:55:22 PM »
Lìosa smiled, looking through her notebook of questions, before looking at the Empress.

"Perhaps you could start by telling me a little about Kodumaa, to help me get a feel of what the country is like." Lìosa said

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 02:59:30 AM »
The Empress explained "Certainly, modern Kodumaa is modern nation. Our economy is a mix of free market operation with some social market welfare provisions in order to fill in gaps for market failure and labour market reforms. My government I will admit is autocratic, at least on the federal level. I am an absolute monarch and thanks to a 400 years old archaic tradition the Church of the Sun Child gives me a 'heavenly mandate' to govern the nation...Ridiculous I know. My family has ruled Kodumaa since it's establishment 385 years ago, and at least in the days of antiquity the rulers of Kodumaa i.e the Sygvaldi dynasty, which I am apart of have been worshiped as actual living gods"

Minister of State Nicholas Yarkov chuckled. The Empress merely snickered then continued "Yes well as you can see. I don't endorse that belief. I prefer to let citizens make up their own mind in terms of what and who they worship. As long as it doesn't harm others, economically speaking I focus more on opening up the economy to free market competition and to support that with labour market reforms which focus on welfare protection and unemployment insurgence to protect from market failure or market shortfall which results in unemployment. Earlier in my first few years of administration I focused on training and education particularly in the science, technological and mathematical fields in order to ensure the our heavy industries to have a educated workforce to being innovative in those sectors.Policies like this can ensure that Kodumaa continues to be a modern and developed economy. A promise in which I intend to keep to the Kodumaan people."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 10:46:48 AM by Viljandi »

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2020, 06:59:57 PM »
"I see." Lìosa said smiling as she took  some notes she quite liked the Empress so far and she could see the benefits the Union could get from having Kodummaa in its ranks, she paused forming her next question "So with that in mind why does Kodummaa wish to join the CSU?"

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 11:05:01 PM »
The Empress replied "Well there are a few reasons, but the main one is due to pragmatism. CSU is basically a trade agreement between the worlds largest economies. Rokkenjima, East Moreland, Achkaerin, Tytor, all of which are members of the CSU, now I can send diplomats across the globe in order to arrange trade meetings and summits between my nation and the others individually. Or I can expedite the process and simply apply to be a member of the CSU to save time."

Minister of State Nicholas Yarkov replied "That's a very frank and blunt way of putting it your highness." The Empress responded "Well Ms Càidh is a busy woman. I think she would appreciate that I speak plainly making things easier."

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2020, 12:22:25 AM »
"I take your point." Lìosa said smiling "And it's solid in the general scheme of things however just to clarify that the membership of the CSU is Achkaerin and Rokkenjima. East Moreland and Tytor both have separate arrangements with the Union, however your reasoning does still stand there Your Majesty." she paused "So I guess I should ask what do you think Kodumaa can bring to the CSU?"

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 03:16:16 AM »
The Empress smiled slightly "Well Kodumaa can provide a gateway to the South Ardian market. Kodumaa's total gdp is $4,203,002,477,198.75. The second largest in South Ardia and on the cusp of finalising a membership into SANE, so the CSU through Kodumaa could act as a diplomatic bridge towards theater industrial markets for the CSU to utilise. I mean Kodumaa's economy alone has a wealth of natural resources and industries such as Copper Ore, Iron Ore, Steel Ore, Timber, Agricultural products,Heavy Industrial Equipment, Transport Equipment, Pulp & Paper Products, FMCG, Pharmaceuticals, Education,Financial Services,Tourism/Hospitality, Entertainment, Logistics & Transportation, Telecommunications Services, Building & Construction. Economically I would say that we have a lot to offer. Although I will leave that assesment to you and your administrative staff."  She took a sip of Kodumaan coffee

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2020, 07:46:27 PM »
Lìosa smiled again, as she made a few more notes.

"It certainly sounds like you have a lot to offer." she said "So tell me, what's the vision for the future? Where do you see Kodumaa in say ten years time?"

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2020, 11:14:52 PM »
She tilted her head and grinned "Ten years from how? That's a good question. Hopefully the Imperium will be more integrated. Kodumaa will be part of SANE, the CSU, exporting their goods throughout the world. The median household income will be up by 10%, we have a parliament.Although I will probably be in my 70's will probably be focusing on guding my daughter to take the reigns if I decide to abdicate or die; whichever comes first. I would like Kodumaa to resemble more of a constitutional monarchy and secularise my state even further, Kodumaa is a theocratic absolute monarchy, but in order to survive we need to keep up with the times. We have so many different religions and ethnic groups that the only way to maintain our survival is to be more politically pluralistic, culturally thats to the policies of my father many our subjects have been given the same rights as ethnic Kodumaans (Basically Estonians), we have them integrated into the workforce and have more representation at least on a regional level, but we are still working on it. My father Emperor Frederik Valislav Sygvaldi IV however was more interested in economic modernisation and industrialisation and gave the socio-cultural policies over to be a second priority. I hold a similar position but do see the merit of socio-cultural inclusion, after all a nation as diverse as ours would benefit more from gentle but firm guidence over force."

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2020, 02:53:48 AM »
Lìosa made more notes, she did appreciate such a detailed answer it meant that the membership of the Union would be much better informed when making the decision on Kodumaa's membership.

"I have one last question for you, it's a little different but I like to ask it." Lìosa said with a slight smile "If Kodumaa could be an animal which one would it be and why?"

Offline Viljandi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2020, 12:37:14 PM »
The Empress thought about that question for a few seconds "Well the Kodumaan national animal has always been...Well for at least for as long as I can remember been the Kodumaan Grey Bear. Big, powerful yet even tempered and mild mannered. Kodumaa I would like to think is like the Grey Bear, powerful, yet mild and responsible with it's power."

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2020, 12:40:32 PM »
Lìosa made her final few notes and then closed her notebook.

"Thank you Your Majesty that concludes the interview, I will now pass my report onto the CSU's Council of Head of States and you can expect a press statement from the CSU one way or the other in the next few days." Lìosa said

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2020, 08:05:23 PM »
"The First Empire sees no reason to object to the ascension of Kodumaa into the Union. Rokkenjima approves Kodumaa's bid to join the Union."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2020, 11:12:02 AM »
"The Lakhzov Republic has no objections to the accession of Kodumaa to the Union"

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2020, 11:16:36 AM »
"The Holy Empire of Achkaerin has no objections to Kodumma's accession to the Union"