Author Topic: Sing For Absolution  (Read 9444 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Sing For Absolution
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2018, 12:20:51 AM »
Lucinda listened as she studied her surroundings, taking note of every feature of the room in which she sat. At times she would glance at the 'mirror' and, at the notion of rotting in a hole Lucinda's right eyebrow raised as a grin took to her face, a rare show of emotion considering her reputation. "A hole to rot in, eh? Don't threaten me with a good time, I would welcome the solitude and silence. Now then, let's try this another way, shall we?"

"Quite simply I was dispatched on a mission to gather intelligence which could be used to put Barren down like the rabid dog he is, though getting a little work out of him beforehand was an opportunity I wouldn't pass up. After all, my first priority is the safety and security of the Empress and her family which, by extension, ensures the safety and security of the Empire. So yes, I met with him, gave him some fluffy words that he ate up far too easily, made some 'promises' that would never be honoured, and got something out of him for my compatriots in the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy that died by his hand. I had his location, details about his residence, everything in hand that would enable a swift strike and eliminate him once and for all."

"While we could have done it ourselves I prepared a detailed dossier with every piece of data I had acquired and packaged it for delivery to our friends in East Moreland. I didn't realize at the time that Offdensen had gone rogue, so his offers of assistance on the matter didn't seem out of place. With the disappearance of that package and the actions he took it made things that much more complicated for me. Though if he wasn't in your custody and the Empress didn't value or respect Achkaerin I'd find a way to kill him. Though, rotting in a cell watching time slip by until he passes is a most fitting punishment for him."

"I could have gone about things differently, but I've no regrets. The only authority I answer to in the conduct of my duties is that which bonds me to the service of the Empress. I act so that she does not have to, my hands are sullied that hers may remain clean, and there are things which naturally she may never know; this would be one of those cases, though circumstances doomed that to failure. If placed in that position again you'd better believe I'd use every avenue and tool at my disposal to return the Crown Princess as swiftly as possible, even if the methods involved are not wholly above the board."

Pausing, she continued, "And if Barren made light of any 'deals' proposed, it would be his word which if we're honest has little of anything to stand upon. He couldn't prove I was there and even if he did, I believed I had the tools in hand to be rid of him at a time of my, or the Morelanders choosing. Operations go wrong, it's an unfortunate risk of our work, but I was put in a position where I could expedite the rescue of the Crown Princess. I had already failed in allowing her to be taken, it was my responsibility and duty to fix that. Do with that what you will, I upheld my duty and if I did somehow do wrong the Scales[1] will be my judge."
 1. In the Rosari Faith Sehkma judges the souls of the deceased by weighing their souls against a single strand of her hair. Those weighing more than her hair are sent to Grievn, a place of great fire and heat, so that the impurities of their soul may be cleansed through refinement. Those who balance the scale, or who weigh less than her hair are sent to Hahla, a land of forests, streams, and calm where their second life begins.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2018, 12:02:37 AM »
In her office Serenity had watched the feed of the conversation between Rion and Lucinda, with Beatrice and Lelouch sat there. She shook her head, stubbornness to the point of foolishness was a trait shared with Beatrice by the looks of it. The only reason Serenity had demanded Beatrice drop the charges against Lucinda was that the evidence was unsafe from a legal perspective, after all it had all come from Rokkenjiman intelligence an organisation that was compromised by Charles, not knowing the extent of that was what made any evidence from that time period unsafe. However now they had the evidence, they had what was essentially a confession from Lucinda that stated she'd met with Barren and that she'd made promises to him. But despite that Lucinda was someone difficult to turn down, where was she going to be more useful - in prison or doing what she did well? She took her phone out of her pocket and dialled Rion's number.

"Yes?" Rion asked when she answered it, Serenity met Beatrice's eyes
"Redemption." Serenity said

"Understood." Rion said, she hung up her phone and put it away, she looked at Lucinda "I could give the tape of this conversation to Rokkenjiman authorities or East Moreland, on both counts you'd have probably committed a terrorist offence it's certainly enough to substantiate the Rokkenjiman charge against you. But that would be a waste of your life and your talents, but to give you a chance means that we have to exercise caution and that means your old life is now a closed chapter in terms of employment at least if you want to carry out your duty of protecting the Empress. Here's your chance at redemption - you come and work for me, I know you're more than capable of doing the job. Stay friends with the Empress and her family if you want that doesn't matter, go down to Rokkenjima on your days off that won't bother me, but you don't work as an Anausa now."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2018, 09:43:50 PM »
Lucinda thought upon Rion's words for a moment, considering each possibility as her concerns calmed considerably. "Your proposal interests me, though admittedly I have one skill set at which I excel, but I will give anything you place before me my full attention and consideration. I will have to ensure Anauša is capable of protecting the Empress on a day-to-day basis, that Lelouch is capable of meeting my expectations, and I will need to give a proper farewell to my team, Unit 7, and ensure Lelouch integrates with them if he is to assume my full portfolio of responsibilities. These task would not divert my attentions and would be completed within a short time-frame."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2018, 11:34:56 PM »
Serenity sat watching the feed with Beatrice then her phone rang.
"Yes?" Serenity asked
"Endgame time." It was Rion
"Thank you." Serenity said

Serenity held the phone in front of Beatrice
"Lucinda would like to talk to you and Lelouch." Serenity said "And when you're done I want a statement released to the public dropping the charges against Lucinda due to lack of credible evidence."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2018, 08:12:46 AM »
Upon being reunited Beatrice and Lucinda embraced each other tightly, "I'm sorry to have doubted you," Beatrice whispered. Lucinda then pulled away for a moment, "Your apology isn't necessary, and I hope it is the last time you will say those words to me. You know that my fate rests in your hands always, I should be apologizing for exceeding the remit of the mission I was dispatched to accomplish, though on this occasion I will say you truly should have known better." "Perhaps I should have, though no one could fault you for your loyalty and dedication to myself and our family," Beatrice said with a smile.

"Needless to say you shall always have room at Pyrena whenever you wish to stay with us, Lucius is of course invited as well," she continued. "Thank you," she said, turning to Lelouch. "You've performed well, however, I will be conducting my own review of your abilities to ensure the safety of the Empress and her family is maintained to my standards. Furthermore, I will be speaking with Unit 7 and will assist with your further integration, as nothing may be left to chance when it comes to the ultimate duty of the Anauša. Do you understand?"

Lelouch sighed, "I figured as much would go without saying, I've no protest; do what you must. I wouldn't expect them to follow my lead without your fullest of blessings as it is." "I will require a short time in Pyrettania, after which I will be prepared as earlier discussed to proceed with our arrangement," she continued, her words directed towards the Achkaerinese.

Beatrice Anselmo