Author Topic: Chanal University  (Read 16389 times)

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
Re: Chanal University
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2017, 08:42:27 PM »
"This is the best breakfast I've ever had!" Karlos said to his friends.

"I do agree. What I don't agree with is having the dorm rooms co-ed. How the fuck am I supposed to do my private-" John complains before he was slapped by Andrea. "Anyways," he continued "I can't fucking wait for the requirements to bombard us."

"You have a point, but let's not think about it for now." Nathaniel comforts John.

"Speaking of you, I heard from these two that you now have a girlfriend. Is that true?" Andrea jokingly asked before slipping her coffee.

"Yeah, I thought you have her your number? Or is it other things?" Karlos whispered to Nathaniel.

"Umm... Yeah. Anyways, I can just imagine our future together. Meanwhile John here only thinks with his hand." Nathaniel teased. The group laughed while John stared at them with distaste. He suddenly left the main hall muttering curse words under his breath.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:50:19 PM by General Jaws »

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 09:33:58 PM »
Blair had smiled as they were filed onto the bus, it reminded her a lot of being back at Chapterhouse, even though she wasn't a Truthsayer the discipilned movements of the Sisterhood saw every trip the school took happen in a similar manner as what they experienced. She sat alone on the bus staring out of the window taking in the views. The canals seemed to almost twinkle in the sunlight and she began thinking a little of her task here. Chanal was a city the Sisterhood knew little of and that alone was reason enough to send a Missionara, someone to see what gems of knowledge could be learnt here to advance the aims of the Bene Gesserit. As the bus crossed another canal her mind turned to the poems of an ancient member of the Sisterhood, legend told that she had left valuable scrolls in a far away land but the map to them had been lost. All that remained was a book of poems written by the woman during her time away and Blair had memorised much of it, one of the scholars believed Chanal could have been the location because of the words it contained.

"A thin wet sky, that yellows at the rim,
 And meets with sun-lost lip the marsh's brim.
 The pools low lying, dank with moss and mould
 Glint through their mildews like large cups of gold.
 Among the wild rice in the still lagoon,
 In monotone the lizard shrills his tune.
 The wild goose, homing, seeks a sheltering,
 Where rushes grow, and oozing lichens cling.
 Late cranes with heavy wing, and lazy flight,
 Sail up the silence with the nearing night.
 And like a spirit, swathed in some soft veil,
 Steals twilight and its shadows o'er the swale.
 Hushed lie the sedges, and the vapours creep,
 Thick, grey and humid, while the marshes sleep."

She hadn't realised she'd whispered the poem rather than saying it in her head and continued looking out of the window while they made their journey. As everyone else boarded the bus she waited to be told where they were rooming before grabbing her gear and going for a walk around the block. She was keen to find a quiet spot, she prefered being outside. After a few minutes she found one near a tree and sat down, she unrolled the mat strapped to the bottom of the pack and sat cross legged on the ground her back ramrod straight. For a good five minutes she prayed as she meditated on her Prana Bindu, a method designed to enable a Bene Gesseirt sister to master her physical and emotional being. She always felt better after her meditations and now feeling refreshed she rolled the mat up and headed back into the dorm. She looked to see which room contained the spare bed and seeing one with a girl laying on one bed, a set of belongings on another and what appeared to be a Himeyanan girl who looked like she'd just arrived to.

"Anyone take that one" Blair pointed to the spare bed and once confirming it was empty put the smaller of the two rucksacks on it, "I'm Blair, I'm from Ui Cenneslaig" she placed the larger one on the floor and began unpacking. "Take care of your kit and your kit takes care of you" she thought to herself keen to get unpacked before breakfast. She had planned well for her trip, trying her best to fit in with what a student was like. She took out a long thin cardboard tube from her bag and opened it, descreetly palming her crystknife and tucking it into the compartment on her ankle. Next she took a large world map from the tube and pinned it to the wall, tiny little photos were glued onto it showing the locations she'd visited. She took the map everywhere she could and with the exception of Kaitaine it showed a detailed record of her global travels. She finished placing her clothing and other belongings away before turning to the others in the room. "So anyone coming for breakfast" she headed for the door and swung the cloak around her shoulders in a well practiced motion, it was not really all that different to the desert ones they all wore in Seitch, however those served a more practical purpose, she wondered if she could get away wearing her Bene Gesserit one here rather than this one, she'd brought it with her and it now hung in the wardrobe, just one more item people would consider eccentric, such as her combat boots which peered out beneth the cloaks bottom. She made her way into the hall to grab breakfast, having got a plate she looked and found an almost empty table and headed over taking a seat and watching for others arrving

Offline Gadshack

• Banned
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Ahkabnil
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2017, 10:07:37 PM »
The selection of food at the main hall that the Quintelians had enjoyed so thoroughly was a diverse host of options. There were some imported soft drinks and other small snacks, like chips. There was also a long bar which was shut down, a sign propped up reading the times it was open, which was dinner time; in the evenings it opened up to serve a variety of alcoholic drinks, mostly the potent Ahkabnilian Agave, Palm, and Rice Wine.

In the morning, the cafeteria was bustling though perhaps more quiet than it would be in the evening. Natural beams from the massive skylight ceiling showed through, and birds sometimes sat from their perches within it, flying in from the small openings which let in the fresh dewy air of Chanal. It had began to lightly rain, making a gentle chatter of raindrops on the stone structure of the cafeteria. It was a rather large building, there were other cafeteria’s all across the campus to distribute the load however.

At one of the large serving tables would be a variety of food to choose from for breakfest, mostly in the form of of many light soups, alongside plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. There was a hearty sum of ‘Ahkabnilian bacon’ too, which was a variety of flat meats from Kishke and pig, there were also large quantities of scrambled eggs. Finally, alot of beans were also available, seemingly the staple of Ahkabnilian meals, with a selection of goat cheese and an Ahkabnilian flatbread called Pepen that everyone used to eat their food with, or put it in.

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neo Quywe Federation
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2017, 06:27:07 AM »
On the drive through Cojotan towards Ahkabnil, Syura and Yui had agreed to not bunk together, at least right off the bat. Gave them both a chance to make new friends, and thankfully for the rest of the people in the dorm, would drastically reduce the noise level that would come from two young Himeyan women arguing over something as trivial as a toothbrush or who paid for gas this time. With this in mind, Yui rocketed off to one of the corner rooms, not to be seen for a few hours at least. Syura having a bit of energy to burn also took off to find a room. Flinging the door open, she was met by a young man with a striking haircut, who seemed to have been occupied with unpacking before she interrupted him. The man had given her a casual greeting in Ahkabnilian and then an abnormally polite one in Himeyan, taking only a few seconds to determine where she was from.

The greeting had taken Syura by surprise, but not forgetting her manners, she bowed down to her waist towards the young man. It immediately struck her how unusual it was to hear someone talk in such a formal sort of tone, as regular Himeyan was quite vulgar, bearing this in mind, she replied in the most polite form of Himeyan she could. "It's a pleasure. I am Syura Yokoshima, I came here from Shidarekawa." Not wanting to be a stranger to someone so polite and observant, Syura pulled a chair from the other side of the room, to avoid possibly mucking up that little shrine the man had set up.

"Takumete."[1] She said, bringing the chair up in front of the man and then slumping into it, dropping her bags rather unceremoniously off to the side. Gave her a chance to have a good look at him too, given his flamboyant outward appearance but polite demeanor, she took a guess that she was face to face with an Arda Tuluvan; radical cultural differences aside, Syura had already taken a liking to the man and his unconventional fashion sense. "Ah right, mind if I get your name?" she asked, casually switching to Ahkabnilian.

On the other end of the dorm, Yui had disturbed the peace and quiet one young woman was enjoying. She tossed her bags next to one of the empty beds, holding back a yawn to answer the woman's question. "Yui Matsubushi, I'm studying astronomy." And with that, she pushed one of her bags over with her foot and began emptying the contents of it, taking a large silk banner with some Himeyan writing down the middle and pinning it to the wall by her bed. Himeyans were a proud bunch, and would often show off even which schools they attended, which in Yui's case was Shinju-Fuuka, and this banner was one the school had gifted her, along with the other top-scoring graduates in her class.

With the better part of her luggage unpacked and her fatigue really getting to her now, Yui threw off her fashionably oversized sweater and faceplanted onto her bed, ready to sleep through the rest of the morning. "I was up all morning driving, so I'm a bit pooped." she explained to Alice before rolling on her side; conveniently right as someone else came in. She rolled around to see an imposing looking blonde woman standing at the doorway. Unconsciously answering the woman's question, she caught that she was a Celt. "Hi Blair, I'm Yui." she said sleepily while  Blair immediately got to work unpacking her stuff. After a few minutes, she picked up on the Celt's voice again. "No thanks, I think we're just taking it easy for now." she muttered just before the door shut.
 1. "Forgive/pardon me."
something funny or offensive here

Offline Holy King

• Microstate
  • The Night is Dark, and Full of Terrors.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Greater Foxtrove
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2017, 07:02:55 AM »
The dorm they had chosen had been in the center of a hallway, with a window facing out towards the massive city that went on forever. "Nothing here seems like home huh?", Otto said putting down his luggage on top a bed. "Never seen so much people or building is my life! It's crazy how do they live in all of this?", Micha began to ramble off, quickly jumping from one topic to another. Gods...he even talks like one at times. Otto began to take out things from his package: weights, books, clothes, pens and pencils, and some other things to remind him of home. Of these items of most importance, one was seemingly the most important as it lay on top of the rest, as not to be squished. The item in question was a faded military hat with the name Rudolph on the side in golden thread. After putting the hat on his head, Otto walked to his brother and gave him a tap on the shoulder. "C'mon, let's go eat something." Micha gave a nod and went out the door with a oddly prideful walk.

Micha was happy, at least for the time being as the place he came to was new and extremely different from his original country. It would seem they have hot summers, which I guess is better than freezing ones. Micha began to look at the foods they had sorted out, and the only thought that came into his mind was, By the Gods I wish to return.

Offline Weremark

• Microstate
  • The Raven Lord
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Weremark
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2017, 10:20:26 PM »
Evelyn blinked; today was looking to be tiring, and it was barely breakfast time. Her eyes drifted briefly to Cliff, examining him again. "Studying, eh, lingustics, is all." she mumbled. Ugh. Maybe she should have stayed in Weremark. She looked down at herself briefly, thinking idle thoughts about the kind of flooring that they used here as they approached the lunch-line. Energy was what she needed right now, that much was likely true, and as such she found herself going to the food bar first.  She poured herself a soup that looked like proper soup instead of appetizer water, threw on some bacon and goat cheese, the latter of which had been a welcome surprise, and grabbed some Pepen bread as well. The beans, however, she overlooked passionately - they were something that she had no intention of trying in her life. Does that make me closed-minded? she thought idly, glancing towards the table setup and taking her initiative further by sitting down next to a rather imposing blonde. Looking behind her, she checked to see if the Cascadian was still behind her.

This felt too much like high-school all over again. She was surrounded by far more teenargers than usual, that was for certain, but for her to feel this caged wasn't particularly normal. She needed to find some locals, perhaps they'd be better about the whole thing than the exchange students. Looking around, she could see that too many were dripping with wealth. Now, are all these people wealthy enough to be tolerably educated or wealthy enough to be intolerably uneducated? she thought to herself again.

The Kingdom of Weremark

NSWiki | Notable Characters

Offline hobbes

• Basically New Zealand
  • Spain with no a
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: idk
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2017, 02:43:05 AM »
"That's...neat." He shrugged, "Well, what do you know about linguistics?" He peered around the crowded cafeteria, sighing. This felt like a high school or a military academy and he wasn't sure which. Either way, he was a tad out of his comfort zone. But he was committed, at least for now anyways, he supposed. He looked for familiar food, finding at least some, trying to dabble in a bit of normalcy given his circumstances. He sat down next to Evelyn, peering back down at his food before whispering. "Not sure how I feel about this place..."
I scream

Offline Arda Tuluva

• Basically New Zealand
  • Honor and glory! Death and shame to our enemies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2017, 11:47:51 AM »
"Vardamir Ardamirion Fëaquarácorin," He introduced himself with another polite bow in the Arda Tuluvan style, "from Anyúnësos, Falas Anyúnë Province, located along the coast in northwestern Arda Tuluva. It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Syura Yokoshima from Shidarekawa." He smiled at her as she took a seat.

Not surprising, Arda Tuluvans had stereotypes for everyone, it was said that Himeyans were loud, obnoxious, had no concept of personal space, and were heavy drinkers (which was a common stereotype that many in Arda Tuluva had of the Teleri), yet Himeyans were viewed as being polite; in their own unique way. He had been advised by counselors back in Arda Tuluva about the affects and stages of culture shock and had taken, mandatory, classes on helping Arda Tuluvans adapt and affiliate better with "the barbarians". He had thought those classes were unnecessary, often times amusing, but he knew many of his coutnrymen were in serious need of such classes before traveling abroad.

He had hardly unpacked his belongings and knew that he should complete the task but the thought was daunting and, truly, at the moment he really just couldn't be bothered. On top of that, he was quite famished. "Though I have no qualms with sharing a room with a beautiful women I believe that the University has asinine rules prohibiting the co-habitation of men and women." He took a few steps closer stretching his hand to her, "I would be more than happy to assist you in search of accommodations, Syura Yokoshima from Shidarekawa. Then, perhaps, you would care to join in me in my quest for food?"

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2017, 04:16:50 PM »
John returned to his seat. He just had more of the food and refilled his drinks. "I'm a changed person, okay." He reassured his friends.

"Nope, still not convincing enough." Nathaniel replied. By now, all of them has finished eating, including John. They returned to their respective dorm rooms. The three men shared the room with Cliff while Andrea is sharing the room with Syura. They were the first to pick rooms so their things were already set.

"Anyone seen Cliff?" Karlos asked the two. They replied with a shaking head. "Eh forget it" he slipped something back to Cliff's bag.

"Anyone up for a round of LOL?" Nathaniel asked his friends.

"Nah, Imma sleep y'all. Wake me up when morning ends" John aggressively replied.

"Yeah, nah. I'll check on Andrea." Karlos declined and went outside. When he knocked, a man answered. "Wait, isn't this a, umm... girl's room? Or am I wrong?" Karlos politely but low-key sarcastically asked the said man. They started at each other awkwardly for about 30 seconds.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2017, 10:52:02 PM »
"Eat when you can, eat til you're full" was what Blair had been told while she'd been in Seitch, there food had become something that at times was in short supply and so here surrounded by it she had perhaps been a little ambitious. She sat in the corner of the room watching people come and go her eyes constantly moving so she missed nothing. She had stocked up on meats and bread but with a healthy dose of eggs, she liked eggs, but in the desert of Seitch they'd been non existant. She took chunks of meat and placed them alongside the eggs before rolling them up and eating them. She'd managed to get through four of five of her wraps before she began to remotley feel full, perhaps she had missed food in Kaitaine more than she imagined.

She finished her meal alone and then tidied her tray away before getting a coffee and returning to the corner table, she had nothing to rush for and watching who interacted with who and how the locals did things was always a good way of settling in.

Offline Weremark

• Microstate
  • The Raven Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2017, 05:19:24 AM »
"Prolly too much," she began, answering Cliff's question and poking at the the food briefly while sticking some of the bread in her mouth. She had no intention of weighing culture in her mind, at the moment, but she couldn't help but judge Ahkabnil by the sheer differentness of its bread. She was, of course, used to bakery bread or whatever similar concoction the Mayor's office had cooked up. Her mind briefly wondered if the Court of Jylmark would offer any decent food, being so far west as it was. She had no intention of returning there, no, but she felt like she had to anyway. After this. What had she been speaking about? Ah, languages, that's right. "I know my languages right good, good enough to know that I'm not speaking properly." she shifted to a posh accent, perhaps overly practiced. "Werman, English, Achkaerinese, Latin, Morlandish...coupla more. Varying degrees of intelligible. Yeah, Ahkabnilan, too, but it's rusty now. It's my hobby, I suppose. Well, my future career, actually, but it's best when they're both the same thing, right?"

She shrugged, looking around, including at the lonely woman at the end of their table, briefly, before turning to Cliff again when he whispered. "'Fraid it'll be too draconian? Don't worry, I think. I hope." she laughed, chewing some more on her bread. "Aye, I think I know where you're coming from. A bit like school, yeah? At least, I've heard it's like this, I wouldn't...know..."

The Kingdom of Weremark

Offline Gadshack

• Banned
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2017, 10:45:50 PM »
Tsinayotli had barely finished up whatever food he had and ushered himself back to his table, he looked up to see the group of unsuspecting foreigners sitting nearby, quiet and awkward. He was curious as he had never interacted with foreign exchange students before and this year by far had the biggest group, Tsinayotli could almost see more of them than natives. He didn’t have class for a while and was actually up early for once, he had almost forgot how delicious the homemade style breakfast was.

“Morning.” he greeted, as he approached the table of Cliff, Blair and Evelyn. He was both a short and skinny guy, but not shy to any company, nor afraid to beg any question. “Can I?” he asked, gesturing to sit down. “I’m Tsinayotli, most just call me Tsin, my third year here. You guys look pretty confused over here, where you from?”

Offline Gadshack

• Banned
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2017, 10:54:29 PM »
John returned to his seat. He just had more of the food and refilled his drinks. "I'm a changed person, okay." He reassured his friends.

"Nope, still not convincing enough." Nathaniel replied. By now, all of them has finished eating, including John. They returned to their respective dorm rooms. The three men shared the room with Cliff while Andrea is sharing the room with Syura. They were the first to pick rooms so their things were already set.

"Anyone seen Cliff?" Karlos asked the two. They replied with a shaking head. "Eh forget it" he slipped something back to Cliff's bag.

"Anyone up for a round of LOL?" Nathaniel asked his friends.

"Nah, Imma sleep y'all. Wake me up when morning ends" John aggressively replied.

"Yeah, nah. I'll check on Andrea." Karlos declined and went outside. When he knocked, a man answered. "Wait, isn't this a, umm... girl's room? Or am I wrong?" Karlos politely but low-key sarcastically asked the said man. They started at each other awkwardly for about 30 seconds.
Meanwhile Akatl approached with a tray of food, interjecting on the awkward moment of silence of the Quintelians had subjected themselves to. Following behind was his girlfriend, Shochitloshoch, or simply Shochit for short, who had a considerably larger plate of food and actually had sneaked some early morning Agave Wine disguised as goats milk. She and Akatl sat down, Shochit had a particularly malicious look on her face, passing the wine over to one of the Quintelians, gesturing for them to take a drink. "It'll take you up." Akatl grinned, "They usually don't serve alcohol in the morning but people get a hold of it anyway, it kicks like a bitch. This is our coffee." he chuckled, digging into his plate.

"So." Shochit continued. "Where are you all from?"

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2017, 03:10:10 PM »
"We're from Quintelia. I'm Andrea by the way." She introduced herself and her friends.

"No thanks, I prefer being sober. Bad things happened to me with alcohol." Karlos refused the offer. "Anyways, what course are you taking?" He said as he changed the subject.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2017, 12:34:37 AM »
Katy had spent breakfast putting her language lessons to the test asking various questions of the native students she'd managed to figure out a few things, including what the best running routes probably were, how hard they were, which ones were more forgiving, stuff like that. She'd made the acquaintance of a few people and after a rather quicker than planned breakfast had now made her way back to the dorm room where she found Alice still recovering with a light power nap and now someone else also in the room.

"That's Yui." Alice said when Katy nudged her awake and inquired "We've also got someone called Blair." Katy nodded recalling the woman having seen her at breakfast
"I made some inquiry's with the locals." Katy said "Got some easy run routes mapped out and there's the university sports centre which has some courts including a small stadium one." she was showing Alice a campus map.
"And?" Alice asked
"And since we already sorted out our membership before getting on the plane you feeling up to it?" Katy asked "Bit of fun before classes start tomorrow?"
"Let me get my stuff." Alice said "Yui we're at the sports centre if we're missed." there was half acknowledgement from the Himeyaman girl.

Alice and Katy both grabbed their gear and headed off to take a look at what would probably become their second home on campus.
"What do you think of the place so far?" Katy asked
"I like it." Alice said "Do you think sporting rivalry is an inter university thing here?"
"No idea." Katy said
"I wonder who Chanal's rivals are if it is." Alice said

Offline hobbes

• Basically New Zealand
  • Spain with no a
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: idk
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2017, 06:50:09 PM »
He shrugged, looking over his array of food; poking it as if testing if it was safe to consume before actually taking a bite out of it; shrugging. "Yeah, feels too much like-...Wait." He looked back at her, a eyebrow raising. "You were homeschooled?" He shrugged, having been in public schools his whole life. "How did you, like, make friends?" He grinned lightly, taking another sip of his juice to wash down the food.
I scream

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2017, 09:56:53 AM »
Blair politely refused the alchohol, after all if fear was the mind killer booze was a close second. While she was far from the conflict in Seitch now she didn't want to dull her faculties, at least not at breakfast time. She wasn't a big fan of drinking anyway, not on religious grounds just more for the health benefits. There seemed to be quiet an age gap between herself and the others, but that was to be expected with her being a Masters student. "I'm Blair" she introduced herself to the locals, "I'm from Ui Cenneslaig originally, but not really been there for a few years, I've been travelling around quiet a bit" she explained. "Although it'll be nice to be in one place for a while now.

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Azenyanistan
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2017, 10:37:04 AM »
The Sirinisian student sighed as she was still at the airport. She was going to be late! And she refused to be on the official transports to the University as she wished to go to the place with her friend and "sister" who lived in Chanal. She did not wait any longer when finally, a black Pontiac Firebird came. She stood up and picked up her things just as the driver, a tall, magnificent woman dressed in cute shorts and a gray top came out of the drivers place, the trunk opened already. She helped the student pack her things into the back as she said to the new arrival "Welcome to Chanal. Sorry I'm a bit late. Let's go!"

And in five minutes, they were out of the airport and on the highway, following the directions to Chanal University. Fortunately, they were able to follow some of the last transports to the university. And just in the nick of time, the student caught up.
Whatever you say, Walker. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. After all you've done, you can still go home...

- Konrad, Spec-ops: The Line

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2017, 12:18:43 AM »
Hard Court...I should have guessed Alice thought, her and Katy had found the tennis court and having changed into their tennis gear - for Katy it was a dark blue t-shirt and black shorts while Alice opted for a black short skirt and red t-shirt coupled with a black baseball cap, she also wore rainbow laces on her trainers.
"Indoor hard court." Katy said "The roof's supposedly retractable."
"I like it." Alice said she was bounding up and down on the balls of her feet the court felt good underfoot "This should suit my game."
"Let's get started." Katy said picking up her racket and going to one side of the court, Alice went to the other side "We'll start with ball running."

This was a simple exercise at least in theory, Katy stood on one side of the net and hit shots into Alice's court, Alice's job was to move from side to side and to catch the ball before it went passed her, in theory this would help Alice develop her stamina, speed and reach- after all if she could catch a ball on the extreme of the court before it went past the baseline then it meant that she could get into position with a racket and take a proper swing at a ball. It was a regular drill that Katy got Alice doing. Have you noticed Alice? Katy thought as she hit the balls You don't stretch as much as you used to

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neo Quywe Federation
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2017, 10:22:38 AM »
"For sure. Let's go." Syura said, taking the Arda Tuluvan's hand, stifling her habit of simply launching herself out of the chair as she rose to her feet. She swept her bags up off the ground in one fluid motion as Vardamir led her to the door. Shouldering her oversized gym bag, she let the Arda Tuluvan hold the door for her, on account of having no hands to do it herself at the moment. Stepping back out into the hall, she gestured with her head towards the dorm room right across from Vardamir's. "That one should work." She tried to think of an excuse to pick the room closest to his, but none had come to mind fast enough; more or less she just wanted to befriend someone right off the bat.

"Takumete." she said again as the two entered the dorm room, empty. She turned to the Arda Tuluvan and smiled "Suppose this one will work just fine." And with that, she tossed her bags to one side of the room, roughly in the same area as one of the beds. She threw off her Shinju-Fuuka Boxing Club jacket and put on the uniform thing that was neatly placed on the bed.

"Ah, right." She muttered as Vardamir patiently watched her reach for her gym bag. "Brought some snacks if you want." she said, pulling out two Himeyan snack cakes wrapped in cellophane. "We call these suban, filling in the middle is some mix of sweet bean paste, chocolate and chili flakes, bit spicy but everyone back home loves them." she casually explained to the Arda Tuluvan as she offered it to him. "Shouldn't spoil your appetite either." she added as the two made their way to the cafeteria.

Yui, in no particular hurry to do anything had continued to sleep the morning away. Waking up only when she rolled off the bed and became a heap of lazy Himeyan girl stuck to the floor. She could only help but growl to herself as she threw on the outfit she arrived to Chanal in and decided to head to the cafeteria to catch up on breakfast; maybe making some friends or just bothering Syura if she could find her.
something funny or offensive here

Offline Weremark

• Microstate
  • The Raven Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2017, 09:06:58 PM »
"Uh, well, not exactly, no, I went to school for a while. Just not high school, that was all private. So, aye, I had frie-" she paused as the native dude proceeded to sit down next to them and address her. "I look confused?" she asked him, "Uhm, I'm from Weremark." she replied. She wondered how long it would be before someone joined the dots and figured out who exactly she was. At this point she had her own wiki entries on the internet, which, however short they may have been, still irked her to no end. It was a breach of privacy, but it wasn't a new-age breach, not something relating to mass surveillance or something along those lines, no. Her privacy had been compromised by her father's talent for gaining power.

This was far from Weremark, and she hadn't seen a soul from their corner of the world here except for maybe the man sat next to her, and that gave her hope that she could continue to enjoy the comforts of relative anonymity.

The Kingdom of Weremark

Offline Arda Tuluva

• Basically New Zealand
  • Honor and glory! Death and shame to our enemies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2017, 07:59:48 PM »
"Hm. Delicious." He said with a smile after he had taken a small bite of the snack that Syura had offered. It had a strange taste: sweet paste, chocolate, and chili. He couldn't decide if it was good or not. Leaning towards not. But, he had no intention of being rude to the first person he has met, so he finished the rest of the small snack thanking Syura once again for the thoughtful gift.

Once they reached the cafeteria, the two got some food and took a seat at a random table. As they ate he answered her question about what he was studying, he told her that he studied linguistics, that he had a proficiency in six of Arda Tuluva's officially recognized languages, as well as a decent command of a few others: Himeyan and Akbinalese, being among them.

"If I might ask a few questions, Syura Yokoshima?" She gestured for him to go on as she ate, "What is it that you study? How did you come to attend Chanal?" He smiled politely deciding that he liked her and would peruse friendship. Her nonchalant and forward attitude amused him, it was a nice relief from the rigid formalities of home.

Offline Tamed_Untamed

• Basically New Zealand
  • Just a writer.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Azenyanistan
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2017, 04:53:06 PM »
Shasha made it to the university. She waved goodbye to her sister as she drove off and then made her way inside. She managed to speak with a receptionist and with her help, she registered, got the keys to her room, was given a map of the university and a few words of advice. After that, she took a deep breath and wandered around, looking for people to talk to, especially those she met from the airport earlier. And she hoped that she could find the place where she probably might be needed for the orientation today.

She seemed lost even with the map and all the advice she got. It seemed that she wanted to explore, to see and to find out about the university. So she went up and down a few floors, made it to several common rooms and to other places that had no people in them but are open to her. And Shasha didn't really seem to mind if she got caught, wishing to know more herself. And after that, she returned to the lobby and tried to remember where she would have to go next.
Whatever you say, Walker. No matter what happens next, don't be too hard on yourself. After all you've done, you can still go home...

- Konrad, Spec-ops: The Line

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2017, 05:41:15 PM »
OOC: This is after breakfast

"Hi, I'm Atsin, I'm also a student." The man by the door said. Karlos grabbed his shirt before Atsin can continue.

"Why the fuck are you here? Are you stalking women? Huh? HUH!" He shouted at Atsin and shoved him to the wall. Andrea and another student, likely a local, ran out of their room.

"What is wrong with you? He's just helping his friend Sihitli here. You're returning back to your old self." Andrea told Karlos.

"Oh, do you care more for a stranger than someone you knew? I loved you, you barely know him. Don't you-" Karlos began arguing before Andrea hugged Karlos. A crowd has gathered around to watch but the couple doesn't seem to care.

"I know, but you're hurting other people for my sake. I don't want that; God doesn't want that. That's it, we're breaking up. Good bye." Andrea said before going back to her room crying. Sihitli soon followed. When the door slammed, the crowd dispersed and people started talking about what happened.

"Hey man, I'm sorry about what I did." Karlos said woke offering a hand to Atsin to stand up.

"No problem, apology accepted. At least you're both away from a toxic relationship." Atsin said before they went separate ways. Karlos opened their dorm room and finds John sitting down browsing Twitter.

"Congratulations, on losing her, asshole. Now she's depressed." John said while showing Karlos Andrea's Tweets. "Good job on waking me up too."

"Shut the fuck up. You don't know shit about love." Karlos shouted. "Anyways, where's Nathaniel?"

"Oh, he is trying to find that girl he flirted. I think her name is Shasha." John answered. "Want a bottle or two of beer? I know you don't want to drink because you swore on God to never drink alcoholic drinks, but let's face it. There's no God." He offered a reluctant Karlos a bottle of Smirnoff he had smuggled from Quintelia. "Cheers to the single people." Their bottles bumped each other and they drank their beer quietly.

Offline Weremark

• Microstate
  • The Raven Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2017, 12:52:00 PM »
OOC: Going to move my story-line past the breakfast, too.

With a dissatisfied look on her face, Evelyn stood up, and as she pushed her chair in it became apparent to whomever happened to be watching that a rather blocky smartphone was buzzing away systematically in her back pocket. Her off hand quickly scooped whatever tray of food she hadn't eaten, and with an almost artificial looking motion she turned on her heels and headed over to the trash can, dumping any remaining food before finally digging what appeared to be her dominant right hand into her pocket and answering the phone.

Her brows furrowed, and she walked back in the direction of the dormitory.

"We'll see." the Werman words echoed through the hallway, hopefully not revealing their meaning to any eavesdropper. Back to the room was where she was headed, eager to unpack her things. "But I don't think so." she continued after a silent pause in the call. Her stray eyes caught a glimpse of the Cascadian man's bags. What had his name been? Brett? Brad? No. Cliff. That's right. She supposed he'd be back, following her like a duckling follows its mother, and undoubtedly with a barrage of questions intended to get some sort of spark going between the two. But that was the least of her concern now, no matter how much the thought irked her. She hung up and went to her polka-dotted rucksack, frowning, and immediately kicked off her shoes and removed a sleek black laptop from her bag, tossing it on the bed.

She waited for it to boot, the blue hue illuminating her face, and upon seeing the meager signal strength, out came an antenna as well, which she promptly placed by the window. A slight smirk went over her visage. "Good, good.." she muttered, seeing her signal strength shoot up. She typed something into the command line, launching a program she'd rather sloppily hidden and pulling up a GPS tracker for a certain aircraft by the name of Wayfar, her brother's plane. In Tokulel. Her father was right. She sighed, throwing her head back onto the pillow and inadvertently falling to sleep.

The Kingdom of Weremark