Author Topic: A Broken Liaison (Rokkenjima in Mktvartvelo)  (Read 150 times)

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
A Broken Liaison (Rokkenjima in Mktvartvelo)
« on: April 09, 2024, 03:16:02 PM »

Ktsatskuri, Unitary State of Mktvartvelo

At his arrival, Imperial Liaison for Diplomatic Affairs Gregory McKenna was received by Vazha Virsaladze, the Minister of International Trade and Cooperation. "Welcome to the Unitary State of Mktvartvelo", Virsaladze said.

Along Virsaladze, Zurab Namoradze, who was fluent in East Ardian languages, accompanied them to the car which was waiting them.

"Unless you have another preference", Virsaladze said with a smile, "the Prime Minister is awaiting at his office".

As the visit was not considered as an official visit under the official protocol, there will not be an official reception and the customary press conference, Virsaladze explained McKenna. "The Prime Minister is confident that discussing this affair in person would, if not solve our differences completely, at least reduce any misunderstanding about the nature of the problem and the steps required for a normalization of the relation between our nations".

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: A Broken Liaison (Rokkenjima in Mktvartvelo)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 10:17:50 PM »

Gregory McKenna arrives in Mktvartvelo.

If the invitation to Pyrettania had been accepted his presence here wouldn't be necessary, yet when the Empress came to him with a request it was his duty to fulfill it so here he found himself. He didn't entirely enjoy the task before him and didn't entirely trust his hosts, a position shared by many Rokkenjimans to be honest, but he would nonetheless give a fair ear to their words while fulfilling his duty to see the best interests of the Empress and, by extension, the Rokkenjiman People, would be realized through his presence. "Thank you, a pleasure I'm sure," McKenna would say as he offered a handshake to Vazha Virsaladze. "Let's do this then, yes?" he replied to the later question.

"It's a positive development to be sure," McKenna would reply, "now as we're granted some time prior to my meeting with the Prime Minister I would appreciate if a summary of the State Security Powers Act of 1974 was prepared, with highlights of the provisions which Abstergo allegedly is in violation of so that I may review it on behalf of the Empress and act in her steed. I don't wish to go into this meeting blind, so if you can see that's done you'll have my immense gratitude," he continued with a smile.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
Re: A Broken Liaison (Rokkenjima in Mktvartvelo)
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 04:12:41 PM »
Vazha was surprised that the Imperial Liaison and by extension the Rokkenjiman government did not make their homework before travelling to Mktvartvelo. However, he was young enough to remember that every student has at least once face a subject without touching the book until 48 hours before the exam. "As you wish", Virsaladze replied, as he took his mobile phone for a call to the ministry in their way.

"You shouldn't be too worried", Zurab Namoradze told the visitor, "as I am certain that His Most Honourable Prime Minister Kvirkvelia expects to find an open-minded diplomat rather than a lawyer to solve, or at least reduce, our current misunderstandings today". Still, the wishes of the visitor were respected.

Several hours later, they arrived to Vila Mulkhaz. The building, built in 1871, was located several minutes' walk from the National Palace, seat of the Mktvartvelo's parliament. Unlike established official visits there were nor invited journalists neither photographers of the national government press office to take the traditional pictures of the Prime Minister receiving the foreign guest at the doors of the building. Instead, McKenna was received by Lasha Katsarava, the Minister of Foreign Affairs.

"Nice to meet you, Imperial Liaison", he said as he introduced to the Rokkenjiman delegation. "I have heard greatly about you, I am hopeful your visit will serve to solve the current misunderstandings between our nations". They, Zurab Namoradze included, were taken into the building. Katsarava, who had served previously as ambassador in several countries, attempted to have an amicable conversation with McKenna, even if he attempted to avoid as much as possible the disagreements and context that had led McKenna to visit Ktsatskuri. After waiting for about fifteen minutes, they were announced and taken to the office of the Prime Minister.

They entered to the main office of the Prime Minister in Vila Mulkhaz. The room was quite large, but not too much luxurious. The office was presided by a large picture of the Brzdmtsveli, while the rest of the room was decorated by portraits and pictures of former Prime Ministers. Prime Minister Brdzeni Kvirkvelia had not introduced many changes in his already nine months as Prime Minister, besides a few small pictures on the main table and the frame of an old map nearby one of the corners of the room.

"Welcome", Prime Minister Brdzeni Kvirkvelia told McKenna. "I am glad you were able to arrive to my office safe and sound", he added with a light smile. "Let's sit down and start our meeting", the Prime Minister said after a handshake, pointing at the wide and large sofas in the middle in the room.

McKenna was invited to sit down at the larger and wider sofa, while the Prime Minister was next to him, at the presiding armchair. Latsarava and Zurab Namoradze, the later serving in his role as translator, were placed at more distant and smaller chairs. Veriko Chkhartishvili, introduced as the Secretary for the Office of the Prime Minister, was also present, standing.

"I hope this meeting will serve to change the course of the relations between our nations", the Prime Minister said. "I am certain it is not in the interest of the Unitary State of Mktvartvelo to find opposition in the First Empire, and vice versa", he continued.

"However, before we may mention the already well-known list of grievances and actions of late", Kvirkvelia added, "allow me to be an addecuate host. Would you like to be offered anything to accompany during our discussion?".