Author Topic: Pyrettania-Shinkyō-Gowu Hotline  (Read 161 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Pyrettania-Shinkyō-Gowu Hotline
« on: April 13, 2024, 06:06:33 PM »

On The Matter Of Troyes
Secured Communication

To: Prime Minister Konishi, Fusan
Empress Serenity, on behalf of Gowu

As I'm certain you're aware developments are presently unfolding in Troyes which may raise challenges in the region we share, challenges I feel may have been lessened via the ADSN. I will be calling for talks to address that aspect, however, what's done is done and, while I have released a statement on behalf of Chrysanthemum Throne on the matter I do not wish to act without consensus with our two closest neighbours; Fusan and Gowu. I still support the vision as outlined by the ADSN Joint Statement on Troyes, yet the developments we've seen in the past few hours places not only Rokkenjima, but Achkaerin as well, in a difficult position in regards to our obligations to the Kingdom of Seaforth. Meanwhile, as the prospect for such things to go from being contained to expanding beyond the initial move, I can imagine that there are many conversations happening within Fusan as I write this.

Thus far the only actions I have taken are issuing a reminder as to Rokkenjima's defense obligations and dispatching a Task Force to monitor the situation. I would like to, if possible, coordinate future actions and ensure that we're all on the same page as I feel we all share the goal of a free Troyes, reunited with Marseilles. I still believe that diplomacy has the potential to work here and, depending on what feedback I receive from you, I am prepared to see if Kōshaku Rhodes is able to engage with the Seaforthians to ensure that the situation does not spiral out of control.

I await your replies.

Yours;

Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Re: Pyrettania-Shinkyō-Gowu Hotline
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 07:03:10 PM »
To: Asuna Anselmo, Empress of Rokkenjima
Serenity Azurewind, Empress of Achkaerin

While the policy of the Empire of Fusan with respect to the territorial integrity of the Republic of Marseilles remains unchanged, wherein we recognize the city of Troyes as being illicitly occupied by Seaforthian forces, we are nonetheless left deeply troubled by the actions taken both by the organization known as "Real Marseilles" and by our nominal allies in the Empire of Aosta on the 12th of April. Though we recognize the right of the people of Troyes to determine their own future, they cannot be forced to choose their fate at gunpoint. Furthermore, to our knowledge, the Republic of Marseilles has yet to recognize the so-called "Republic of Troyes", nor has it yet made any moves to reincorporate the territory, let alone welcome Aostan vessels into its territorial waters. Thus, without the expressed permission of the government in Montaulon, we find that Aostan military activities within their territorial waters, ones which Seaforth claims as its own as well, are inherently provocative at best and are at worst illegal under international law.

While reports from inside Troyes are difficult to come by at this time, we recognize that both the First Empire of Rokkenjima and the Empire of Achkaerin have ongoing security commitments to the Kingdom of Seaforth. Should the Kingdom view that its own territorial sovereignty, even if the grounds to claim such are flawed at best, has been violated, or should a member of its armed forces or its civilian populace within the city be killed, and as such both nations are called to assist the Kingdom of Seaforth in countering this threat, though the Empire of Fusan is not obligated to assist, we are nonetheless prepared to offer what assistance we can to our allies against a belligerent force which threatens the stability of our region. We are likewise prepared to dispatch forces to the region in the coming days so as to monitor the ongoing crisis.

Nonetheless, we agree that the use of force can only be justified should extraordinary diplomatic efforts be exhausted first, and thus, as a nominally neutral party in this affair, we would be prepared to facilitate negotiations between the Republic of Marseilles and the Kingdom of Seaforth to resolve this present crisis. Nonetheless, I will restate that the official policy of the Empire of Fusan is that the city of Troyes is not and will not be an independent state without a fair and open vote on the part of its citizens, unmolested by either the Seaforthian military and government or forces belonging to Real Marseilles.

Signed,
Sadazane Konishi, Prime Minister of Fusan

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 09:22:44 PM »

To: Asuna Anselmo, Empress of Rokkenjima
Sadazane Konishi, Prime Minister of Fusan

At this point in time there is no hard evidence of this being anything other than what it appears to be, the people of Troyes having become fed up at the continuation of the Seaforthian occupation of their city, it isn't helpful in the grand scheme of things because it only takes one escalation, one attack against the Seaforthian base or the personnel stationed in the city and we're at the threshold where King Andrew could legitimately claim that an armed attack has occurred, which of course triggers the mutual defence agreements that Seaforth has with nations across Mundus. That is an escalation of this situation no one wants to see.

The Seaforthian justification for Troyes as a protectorate no longer stands, and I'm not convinced it ever did, it was founded out of supposed fears concerning the former Grand Duchess of Marseilles Alys Arsenault and came about following the appearance of Ms Arsenault in Troyes several years ago. However as Ms Arsenault was at the time wanted for crimes under the Uppsalla Convention (and could now also be charged with other crimes under the Historical Crimes Treaty) I question whether that fear ever really held water because surely she could and should have been arrested at that point and then we'd arguable be where we are now. The Achkaerinese position remains that Troyes is sovereign Marseilles territory and that the Seaforthian presence amounts to nothing more than an illegal occupation of that land, the Seaforthian protectorate has no legal standing because the Marseilles Government never ceded sovereignty to Seaforth, therefore by the same token the Republic of Troyes has no legal standing. If we start entertaining this idea then what stops a group of students in Rokkenjima from declaring 'the Free City of Phuckbridge'? The principle of sovereignty must be protected.

At this time the Achkaerinese military is being put on a heightened state of readiness just in case this does escalate and Seaforth does make the determination that would trigger treaty obligations, in that event I'd rather have the ability to act quickly than be slower than the Seaforthians. My cousin Sakura is enroute to Marseilles to talk with their Government, I am flying to Seaforth to talk with King Andrew and attempt to give diplomacy the chance to win out.

Signed

Empress of Achkaerin

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024, 10:07:31 PM »

On The Matter Of Troyes Re: Fusan
Secured Communication

Respected Minister,

I believe in that aspect our Empires are most in alignment; while the Principality is not legitimate and stands as a roadblock to a reunified Marseilles so to does the self-proclaimed Republic and yes, I share your concerns with "Real Marseilles" in regards to the people of Troyes and broader Marseilles. A lack of recognition from the Republic of Marseilles is concerning, and it is a matter of concern to me that our partners in Aosta and Abertone are using the invitation of the self-proclaimed "Republic" to operate within the waters of Marseilles; this is an issue which has been addressed by Kōshaku Rhodes, our representative to the ADSN and, most recently, by myself.  The First Empire would, while recognizing that there is no mandate for the Empire to do so, welcome a second call for foreign vessels to cease operations in the territorial waters of Marseilles without the explicit permission of Montaulon and recognize that such operations do not enjoy any protections under the Fair Seas Concordat as they are at the invitation of a body which lacks the legitimacy to grant any authority or authorization for foreign vessels to operate within those waters.

I appreciate the understanding of the Empire, as well as its willingness to offer assistance given the difficult position Rokkenjima and Achkaerin finds themselves in this moment. Trust me when I state that I did not wish to be in this position, however, Rokkenjima has given its word to the Kingdom and it is the highest duty of a Rosari to honour their commitments. As I've shared with our friends from Abertone and Aosta this situation, one which could see Rokkenjima called upon to defend Seaforth in this moment despite our shared goal of a Troyes reunited with Marseilles, could have been avoided through fully utilizing our shared strength represented through the ADSN. Unfortunately, our paths forward will be fragmented until they subscribe to the path put forward by the Achkaerinese before the ADSN, and I pray that they see the reason and logic which our friends in Achkaerin have put into their proposal and see it put into motion with haste.

I thank the Empire for their continued dedication to the path of diplomacy and the champion of peace in this most recent flash point and pledge that I will do all I can see to ensure your efforts succeed in facilitating a successful diplomatic resolution to this situation. I am pleased that we are partners in this affair and, just as we defied expectation in seeing peace succeed between our nations, let us sow together the seed of peace and prosperity in the present crisis before us. With our goals aligned and our vision set on the same target there is nothing that can guide us from a path I'm confident will be most successful.

Yours;

Princess of Littlebrook

On The Matter Of Troyes Re: Achkaerin
Secured Communication

Aunty Serenity,

I agree with you there and recognize that we're in a difficult position, it only takes one mistake here for the entire house of cards to collapse into a disaster I know none of us wants to see. Both of us have our ties to Seaforth, a nation which has proven itself a true friend to both of us but then it's our responsibility to guide our friends when they're doing things that, in the long run, are harmful to them. I know you're headed to Seaforth and I've sent Evanthe as well and, I hope, between the both of you we can assure Seaforth that yes we're here for them, but Troyes is as foolish an endeavour in maintaining as QAMB was for Rokkenjima in the Illumic. We have to help them see that there is an off-ramp, that their contributions to Troyes can be recognized while they gracefully exit, that this is not a zero-sum game before them.

Let us both pray that our efforts result in success, and that in the coming days we're not making life or death decisions because I doubt you, nor I, nor the Fusanese or even those in Abertone or Aosta wish to be making such decisions in the coming days. Let's show what diplomacy can do, and have faith in the march of peace and prosperity in our region.

Yours;

Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis