Roleplay > International News Networks

Clysperis State Media Corporation (CSMC) - The Daily Review

<< < (2/23) > >>

Beatrice:

Bektaten Responds To King Andrew

""Sovereignty on the terms of these self-appointed guardians is merely subservience under a different name and allow me to call it just what it is: imperialism."
"We live in a world today where tradition is something to be discarded when convenient, faiths interchanged as if they were a fashion statement, and where the self-appointed guardians of freedom and humanity prance around Mundus telling other nations that which they are, and are not, allowed to do. Tonight we see yet another power, the Kingdom of Seaforth, follow in the steps of its internationalist cohorts in again interfering in the internal affairs of a Midaranye nation. First they trained their sights upon Tamora, levied every sanction they could against the Empire, yet it still stands in proud defiance, choosing its faith, tradition and cultural integrity over appeasing these internationalists. Despite their General predicting the Slavan nuclear program, information and insight with which they did absolutely nothing of use, Seaforth was content to sit and watch, yet Clysperis, as a sovereign state, acts within its own borders and the King now feels compelled to action? Perhaps it is understandable, now that the Bastard of Stalin has elevated his power above the Kingdom through harnessing the destructive power of the atom: non-nuclear states are not known for successfully challenging nuclear powers, and perhaps this has bruised the King's ego."

"If we look at the history of this Kingdom we see that the native inhabitants of Seaforth were driven from their lands which these errant children of Cennselig stole through raids, stealing even their names from the pages of history. I am intrigued as to how a nation which has built itself upon a foundation so rotten believes that it may tell any peoples how to conduct their own affairs, let alone assume the mantle of enforcing principles as justice and morality."

"Sovereignty on the terms of these self-appointed guardians is merely subservience under a different name and allow me to call it just what it is: imperialism. The illusion of sovereignty which these powers often hail as having importance of protection or, most often, utilized as a tool when it fits their agenda, it is the not-so naked imperialism of our modern era. For what can one say when a nation on the other side of Cotf Aranye concerns itself so deeply in the internal affairs of another? The Celtic raiders who came to Cotf Aranye, drove and likely killed countless native inhabitants in the process, now sees Clysperis off in the distance, speaking at us about justice and morality? These people know not the definition of either."

"We see this strain of hypocrisy continued during the Illumic Crisis, where the Kingdom proclaimed to the world to 'mind your own damn business'; this time shortly after another internationalist power had to defend 'their' waters and maintain free shipping when Stalin's navies blockaded the Illumic. Then, just as now, the Kingdom falters in the face of challenges of consequence, their Soviet nemesis continues to haunt them to this day. However I say to Andrew, take your own advice and mind your own business, perhaps by addressing the historic injustices of your own people."

"Perhaps the true problem with the Kingdom built upon stolen earth is, in truth, it is rudderless. They are a people who, throughout history, have abandoned the faith of their forefathers, led by a set of gods foreign to them. Even their King has bowed in subservience to the Morelander gods; it is from the head which a fish rots down, and with their King assuming this foreign faith perhaps only the pull of Seaforth's Helusian masters is what compels them to act, and that is a dangerous prospect for us all. The vassals of Helus, embarrassed first by Stalin and now his bastard, levy the favourite tool of the internationalist cohort against those who do not go to their knees in abandoning their culture, faith and traditions to fellate their self-proclaimed saviours."

"Whereas King Andrew encourages his friends and allies to impose their sanctions I appeal to the international community: cast off your chains, for so long as powers such as these Helusian vassals are allowed to act without consequence, we all live on the grace of whatever mood inhabits their halls of power on any given day. Yesterday it was Tamora, today Clysperis, who is to say you won't be the next to offend them and bring their self righteous fire upon them? No, the era of foreign powers sticking their noses into Midaranye whenever they need a boost to their ego, or to show how tough they are in defending misappropriated virtues, must cease."

"I have seen for myself, attending Ashinxao University, the mindset these people have. It's blasted daily from their televisions, their radios, their smartphones, that it is they who stand between order and chaos. Their peoples are chosen, they are blessed, it's sickening how they view the rest of Mundus. I am not intimidated by your sanctions, first came those of Rokkenjima yet we still stand. Unlike you, I do not disregard the wisdom of my forefathers, nor do I determine my faith and principles by what is popular in the era vulgaris. Just as the pyramids continue to stand to this day, so too shall we stand in the face of this challenge. If the winds of time couldn't erode us, the kingdom of thieves won't either."

"Now I do understand he has invited my People to his embassies, and I imagine they may come. Who is to say if those who come aren't criminals, records can be lost from time to time and with the decisions of the King we may not be so compelled to provide such information. I suppose Seaforth may have to sort them for themselves, but it won't be my problem. Thank you for your time."

Beatrice:

Kemetic Orthodox Congregation, Prince Sue For Mercy

"My verdict is as such: mercy." Pharaoh Bektaten
Answering a summons from the Kemetic Orthodox Congregation, Pharaoh Bektaten has announced that she has sought "congress with the gods to determine the Soviet question." Reports have also surfaced that families approached concerning the program of reparation announced by the Pharaoh showed little interest in accepting the program. "The pain these memories have cost, it still lives to this day. Seeing their faces on a daily basis, no matter the circumstances, is not going to lessen that," one woman said anonymously.

"Prince Naser of Tamora also wrote to me, suing for a measure of leniency to be shown, 'that which they did not show to your people, show to them. Our peoples do not need to impose any sanction upon them beyond that which they've imposed on themselves. Their judgement comes not in this life, but the next. Leave it for their gods, or lack thereof, to sort. Perhaps the descendants may find some purpose in this life beyond the path provided by their forefathers, but let them rise or fall on their own merits.' These are wise words, and they helped in the process leading to this decision as well as my congress with the Goddess. This joint verdict of mercy speaks louder than any punishment or retribution I may have at my disposal, as it is truly in the next life where they shall have to answer for all which was done in this life."

"As such, following my congress with Meretseger and my review of the Prince's letter, I have elected to show mercy. The arrests have ceased, those in custody will be processed out in an efficient manner, and they shall be provided transport to either the self-proclaimed Soviet Republic of Kaitaine or Slava Lavosk; whichever wishes to take them. They are not a native people to my lands and belong with their people, among those who share their customs and traditions, and those who speak their mother tongue. In this, the final chapter of the Soviet era in my nation may be cast to the pages of history, and we may all proceed with our lives."

Addressing a question of the sanctions levied by Seaforth the Pharaoh was brief: "Their reason for casting their eyes upon Clysperis no longer remains; the Soviets are free to go as they please and we'll provide the airfare for their destination of choice. I believe some have pursued Seaforthian embassies until such arrangements are in place. It would be unwise for these imperialists to view their loose utilization of acts of war as a successful strategy, however, and confuse our mercy for subservience. I, Sovereign of Sovereigns, do not bow to any little king who raises his voice; that the casus belli behind these actions is removed is but a side effect. The Kingdom of Seaforth may now focus its energies instead upon its own house and region, and leave Midaranye to its rightful masters: its native peoples."

Beatrice:

Clysperis Rules Out MCUR, International Organisations
The Kingdom of Clysperis is reviewing a host of international treaties as it emerges from a period of isolation, however, the list of treaties which are not to be signed have already been indicated. "The Kingdom of Clysperis is considering several treaties, but has ruled out the MCUR, the Commonwealth Treaty and the Charter of the CMA. The MCUR is a devil of a treaty, for all of Mundus is not one homogeneous society with which one set of standards may be applied. The Kingdom of Clysperis shall not sign its name to a treaty which imposes clear examples of cultural imperialism over its people."

This has been a brief of the CSMC.

Beatrice:

Great Spynx To Be Restored

The Great Sphynx, disfigured during the Soviet Occupation of Clysperis, is slated for a complete restoration.
Khemnen Palace has announced that the Great Spynx will be fully restored while also announcing that it would be seeking to secure foreign funding to supplement domestic streams of revenue to complete the restoration. "The Great Spynx, partially destroyed during the Soviet occupation, will see a program of complete restoration," the Palace shared with CSMC. "Through domestic and foreign revenue this cultural icon of Clysperis will once again stand as it did when completed, free of the blemishes of our occupation."

"So offended by the perseverance of Clysperi society, the godless Soviets looked upon the Sphynx with much disdain. That their civilization could produce nothing which could compare, they first smote the Sphynx in destroying its nose. The only act which saved it from further destruction was a rebuke from the gods themselves. A rare Clysperi thunderstorm ensnared the region the day after, seeing lightning strike which killed a Soviet occupier involved in the disfigurement of the Sphynx. After this, their disrespect for the Sphynx was shown less often, reduced to spitting or kicking the monument, but none dare remove anything from it."

The restoration does not yet have a price tag affixed, nor a timeframe, however the Palace stated it would keep the public updated on the progress of the restoration efforts.

In other Palace developments the Kingdom of East Moreland was condemned for its support and apparent sales of arms to the Soviet Republic. "The denial of the Helusians rings hollow, just as their support for the bastards of Stalin shows how hollow character of their nation truly is. They may issue any denial they wish, however, until the Helusians refrain from interfering in matters beyond their remit they shall know only the ire of the Kingdom of Clysperis. Should the Theocracy require anything we, like our Tamoran brethren, stand ready to oblige."

Beatrice:

Khemnen Palace Announces Executions Of Traitors

General Amersis and Admiral Pra-en-amen, the highest ranking officers to be executed in nearly a century for the crime of treason.
A General and Admiral were executed today for "high crimes and treason" against the Kingdom of Clysperis, according to Khemnen Palace. General Amersis of the Royal Clysperi Army and Admiral Pra-en-amen of the Royal Clysperi Navy were both burned alive for their crimes, which the Palace has confirmed involved "plots to usurp the authority of the Pharaoh and institute a liberal agenda." Twelve officers joined them at the pyre for the crime of treason, being personally involved in the plots against our Pharaoh and the Gods. "These men, in the pursuit of their lust of power and influence, have received their just reward. For betraying the gods themselves these men have been denied the afterlife," the Palace said in a press release.

Since the death of Ramses V rumours have often surfaced of plots against his daughter, Beketaten-Hesy-Re, although to date nothing had been confirmed. Clysperi investigators revealed that they had been looking into these plots since their discovery and, being confident in the case they had built, brought charges before the Royal Clysperi Court for prosecution. With the evidence in hand, a verdict of guilty was soon returned and the men executed in the days which followed.

"To raise against our Pharaoh is to raise against Clysperis, and the will of the gods themselves," Vizier Apherumes stated to our reporters. "That the Generals had led this group of officers down this path is sad, however, we must remain united as a nation based on its laws, principles and beliefs. These men defied the will of the gods, as such, they will not know the afterlife. Through these actions, the Government of Beketaten-Hesy-Re has preserved Ma'at from those who would upset it."

The Palace said that various investigations were proceeding and would result in further actions if deemed necessary. "Our adversaries, whether domestic or foreign, must be addressed with the same zeal. We will not allow the Kingdom to be threatened by any force, whether they come from within or outside of our borders."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version