Author Topic: A Crowned Island (Open RP)  (Read 1631 times)

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
A Crowned Island (Open RP)
« on: May 15, 2021, 02:16:27 PM »

Private communication

As you probably know, the state assembly of the State of Emrta, elected by the people of Emrta and under the powers and rights granted by the constitution of the Federal Union of Jugland, after recovered the self-government that it was lost in 1901, has decided to restore the Charter of Amvkhar (1849), incorporated in the State Constitution of the State of Emrta, which was recently approved and ratified by both the legislative bodies -both state and federal- as well as the people of Emrta through a referendum.

Therefore I announce, as Governor of Emrta, under the Article 14 of the state constitution of the State of Emrta, the proclamation of the Grand-Duchy of Emrta, as a constituent member state of the Federal Union of Jugland. For that reason, I invite you to attend, to the ceremony of proclamation of the first constitutional ruler of our state. We hope that this modest ceremony, which will be held in the state assembly and a subsequent dinner in the Varselgodt Palace, where the original Charter of Amvkhar was signed 172 years ago, which we hope that will symbolize a new promising future of unity and reconciliation for our people in both Emrta and the Federal Union of Jugland as a whole.

For any other information or communication on this issue, you can address both to my Office and the Department of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Union of Jugland.

Yours sincerely
Amalberaht Oppegard
Office of the Governor of the State of Emrta, Federal Union of Jugland

OOC: Anyone who has realistic grounds to be invited, is welcomed to participate. The event will likely start on Thursday.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: A Crowned Island (Open RP)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 03:29:07 AM »

A Reply To Emrta

The First Empire is pleased to receive this invitation and responds warmly. I shall be pleased to send Councillor Groves to attend the ceremony proclaiming the first Constitutional ruler of the State of Emrta, and applaud you and your People on this exercise of their voice in their governance.

In friendship;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Arovium

Michael Groves enjoyed the flight to Emrta and looked forward to the celebrations that were to be had, in addition to the possibilities for expanding friendships further afield from Ardian shores. Aside from his security staff he had elected to embark upon this trip alone, though he was certain he would be able to address the matters to be discussed without a full compliment. As he disembarked his flight he walked with vigor and confidence, pleased to be visiting a foreign land for the first time in quite a while. He approached the awaiting welcoming party and offered a bow, "Greetings from the First Empire of Rokkenjima. I'm Michael Groves, Envoy of Empress Evanthe."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 10:52:50 PM »
With the ceremony coming so close to the Festival of Greenflowers it was an awkward situation as to who to send. On the one hand it needed to be someone significant enough to show respect to the occasion yet at the same time not take away anyone who would be needed on that day. Kyla Gregory therefore was being dispatched. She hadn't been in East Moreland for most Festival's of Greenflowers during her adult life and so missing this one potentially didn't worry her, especially as for once it was her and not her boss Orlaith Kade that got to go and visit somewhere. Kyla was unsure what was in store but was confident her position as a member of the cabinet, all be it a very junior one, and her noble title would qualify her to represent the nation. 

The flight to Jugland was not as far as some of the more recent political trips East Moreland had undertaken but she had been pleased when the King had put the old Ironside One at her disposal. It was not as luxurious as the new one which was essentially a flying mini-Palace but it was more comfortable than a regular airliner and so Kyla even managed a little snooze en route meaning she was fresh for when they arrived.

Having landed behind the Rokkenjiman delegation Kyla awiated her turn and then greeted her hosts. "Thank you for your warm invitation. His Majesty King David sends his apology for not coming in person, sadly you're ceremony is so close to our own Festival of Greenflowers that he was wary of coming himself. The good news however is that hopefully in years to come the anniversary of today and the Festival of Greenflowers will mean this time of year will always bring happiness to our two lands."

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 09:05:35 PM »

Amvkhar International Airport

"Welcome to Jugland, Councillor Groves", Waramund Brundtland said. "Nice to meet you, we hope you'll enjoy your stay here".

"You came early", Brundtland continued. "If you wish to attend the ceremony in the state assembly, as we communicated before, we have reserved a seat in the gallery. In any case, we have booked a hotel in downtown Amvkhar, not far from there, in case your delegation wished to rest a bit or have some food, of course.  Mrs. Skolem will accompany you to your car, which will be obviously at your disposal".

A woman wearing a suit amicably and respectfully bowed to the Rokkenjiman guest. "If you are ready, you can accompany me", she said.

Deputy Secretary Brundtland patiently waited until it was confirmed that the next guest had arrived a few minutes later.

"The pleasure was ours", Brundtland said. "We understand the circumstances that impeded your King to visit our country. We hope he will be able to visit this nation sooner than later. Of course, we also hope that your visit will leave you a positive impression of our country".

"If you have any question or problem during your stay", he added giving Kyla Gregory an official card, "you can directly call me and we will do what we can. A car will take you directly to the state assembly, where the first part of the ceremony will take place".

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 09:58:25 PM »
There had been much mulling over in Valtheim over who could conceivably be sent to an event like this, it was the cause of a lot of head scratching because between one thing and another a lot of the more well known usual suspects from an Achkaerinese perspective were tied up - Emperor Peter was still under orders to take things easy, Crown Princess Serenity was occupied with a war crimes trial, Prince Simon was on active duty abroad...the list went on and on and on. In the end the responsibility had been handed over to probably the most unlikely trio - the Shearney sisters, the eldest sister Vicky, was normally seen running around the streets of Santiago or riding around the countryside outside the city, usually dressed in her police uniform but today of course she'd traded the uniform for something more suitable for the occasion, however she did still wear a red coloured sword pin on her lapel an indication of her office so to speak - she was a little more than just the Santiago Chief of Police she had a title linked to a knightly order of the crusades type. The middle sister was Hope, probably the best known of the sisters through being a professional netballer, then finally there was the youngest Charlotte.

Not being the most experienced at doing this the trio took a moment to look around the airport trying to spot an indication of where they had to go.

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 04:39:41 PM »

"Welcome to Jugland", Waramund Brundtland said to the three guests from Achkaerin, as soon as they found their way through the airport.

It was somehow a relief that Achkaerin did not send someone too prominent, Brundtland thought.

"A car awaits you", Brundtland explained, "if you wish to attend directly to the ceremony in the state assembly. Then, we'll meet at Varselgodt Palace, where a more relaxed event has been organized on the evening. Athar will lead you to your vehicle".

"Welcome", the other man replied, "you can follow me, please".

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 01:09:20 AM »

Amvkhar, State assembly

When Waramund Brundtland came to the state assembly, the ceremony was about to start as Ermenrich Landsverk, Speaker of Emrta's state assembly had stepped onto the dais. Brundtland approached to Secretary Grimwaldyna Nygaard who was talking with a local representatives in one of the two main galleries. They had that gallery reserved to Juglander representatives and some local important people. At the other side, they could see the other gallery in which there were the foreign guests along with some Juglander staff. From both galleries, they had a wide sight of the main hall of the state assembly.

The building had belonged until recently to the town council. Therefore, the building was not too big, and from the parliamentary seats it could be easily hear conversations or sounds from the gallery, and vice versa. Below, all the seats of the state assembly had been taken, except one, which belonged to Ragnbjorg Zwigam, the representative of the Workers Democratic Party, which had decided to boycott the ceremony.

Then, as the main opened, Princess Milgyd advance from the hallway, approaching the main platform, which was at the end of the room. She was wearing a dress suit, not exactly conventional but not too sophisticated either. Unlike other ocassions, she had her hair straightened and upswept. She approached the platform and, according the protocol established, she faced directly the dais where Speaker Landsverk was still standing.

Landwerk started his intervention, which included both a carefully crafted speech and his own improvisation. When his peroration was finished, Princess Mildgyd ceremoniously repeated the formula said by the Speaker, pledging to support and enforce both the Juglander constitution and the state constitution. An applause followed followed by most of the representatives in their seats -with the exception with the five representatives from the National Democratic Party, who simply remained standing but in silence-, and some people in the galleries as well.

"Enforcing Emrta's state constitution ", Landwerk declared, "approved by the people of Emrta, and under the provisions of the Basic Law of Emrta, I therefore proclaim you the first Grand-Duchess of Emrta". Then, Milgyd smiled and respectfully bowed her head to Landwerk first and then looking toward the rest of the representatives, followed by an even more lower and revential bow from the Speaker. She descended the stairs and slowly left the room. When the Princess -now Grand-Duchess- left the room, the Speaker announced that the official ceremony had ended, confirming the proclamation of the new head of state for the islander region.

"Ladies and gentlemen", Waramund Brundtland said, after he went through the top corridor to enter the other gallery, where they were the main foreign guests, "your cars are already waiting to move to Varselgodt Palace where the soiree will be concluded in a more relaxed way. There, the palace will be at your disposal, with available rooms in case you wanted to rest a bit before the arrival of the other guests and the start of the dinner. Of course, a quick tour through the main rooms and gardens will be optional as alternative. If not, we'll do as much as we do to help you in the meantime".

"If you need anything else through the evening", he continued, "you can simply call me. We'll meet there again". After saluting personally every one of the main guests, he left.

"You can follow if you please", Hilda said to the guests, "your cars are already ready".

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2021, 09:33:37 PM »
Kyla Gregory sat watching the ceremony with interest. No doubt King David would request a full report. The ceremony though didn't seem to have much in the way of deep historic flair that the Morelander ceremonies did with ceremonial armour clad guards carrying swords and shields. She noted how not everyone seemed to thrilled by the ceremony and jotted herself a quick note to include it in her report.

With the ceremony over Kyla did her best to find the newly titled Grand-Duchess. It was a little hard to follow local convention for Kyla, on the one hand the title Grand-Duchess clearly carried significance here however Milgyd was a Princess and so that title was also significant to a Morelander. Having found her Kyla approached and bowed deeply. "Your Highness, Grand-Duchess Milgyd its an honour to meet you. I am the representative of East Moreland and I wish to extend my own, King David's and East Moreland's best wishes for your new role. It has become somewhat of a tradition of King David that upon assuming titles such as this he sends the gift of a book, he believes the wisdom of others is an important part of helping be in a position of responsibility. I therefore hope you will accept this." From the pocket of her long coat she produced a hard-backed leather book. This particular one was a collection of 18th Century poetry illustrated by Priestesses from the Cult of Helus. The King had written a good luck message on the inside cover. "I shall look forward to this evening's event and thank you for the invitation." With that Kyla allowed the newly named Grand-Duchess to depart and made her own way to the new venue.

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 08:41:56 PM »
"I am...pleased to meet you too", Mildgyd said, surprised by the sudden encounter with the East Morelander representative. "Ah, an interesting present, thank you", she said while touching and carefully observing the book. "I hope you can give my words of gratitude to King David, personally, whom I hope I can meet one day. We may meet in the reception. If you don't mind, I have to leave now", she added, gently walking away without looking back.

Without hurry, but without relay, the guests were moved to the Varselgodt Palace. The palace was built in the 1850s as a Summer residence for the Juglander royal family, and from 1879 to 1900 it also served as official permanent residence of the Grand-Duke of Emrta. The palace was officially part of Amvkhar metropolitan area, although it was only connected with the largest city of the island through a road in a largely inhabited area, around the northern hills. The palace had undergone several renovations and reforms, the last one in 2015, after the palace had suffered a limited and serious damage when it was hit by two home-made rockets. However, it was almost impossible to realize that the palace had to rebuild nearby one third of the main building.

The palace was properly divided in the main building, a neo-Gothic castle, as well as two large pavilions on the back of the main buildings, traditionally used for accomodating extra guests and hostings balls and parties, respectively. On the right, there was a small forest, which was impossible to access from outside and several wide gardens on the right side of the complex, which was the only way to get into, through the path that connected the esplanada where the cars stopped. Nearby the left side of the complex, there was a small botanic garden, which had been built in the late 19th-century and had famously trees and plants from the four continents.

Along the nearest garden to the castle, it had been installed a large number of seats and tables, as well as a long canopy which offered protection from the sun. There were offered drinks and small pieces of food for the guests, if they wanted to give them a try while they waited for the hour of the dinner (even if the proper banquet would take place in the buildings, the guests were soon explained). Those guests who decided, of course, were offered accomodation in the castle if they decided to rest a bit before the dinner.

When the recently proclaimed Grand-Duchess arrived, most of the guests, both national and foreign, had already come and were comfortably in the waiting area. Mildgyd, however, instead to follow the main path, followed a secondary one that led to the botanic garden, until slowly ascended to a small hill that had a small dome held up by five marble columns. There, three women wearing light tunics were waiting. When Mildgyd arrived there, she respectully bowed to the three ladies and softly knelt in from of the woman in the center, the one who was wearing more distinct clothing. When Midgyld stood up, the woman hold her both hands, and after repeating some words, she, with the help of the other two women, put a colourful mantle with detailed embroidery.

"This is not part of the official ceremony", Waramund Brundtland explained to some of the foreign guests, "but it's part of what you may describe a both historical and family tradition. There is still some time before the dinner, so if you need anything you can tell so to me or any of my assistants. In any case, the Grand-Duchess will arrive in a few minutes".

Brundtland left this group, approaching another one in which the Rokkenjiman envoy was. "Mr. Groves, I hope you enjoyed the ceremony in Amvkhar as well as the present evening", he told him. "Let me introduce you to Secretary Grimwaldyna Nygaard. "Nice to meet you", Nygaard said, who was the only member of the National Council who had attended the ceremony in Amvkhar.

"Let me introduce me", Amalberaht Oppegard told Kyla Gregory, the East Moreland representative, only a few metres where the previous group were. "I am Governor Oppegard. I hope you enjoyed our official ceremony. It may not be the kind of ceremony enriched with long traditions, but one with symbolical value, at least that was our intention", he explained. Mrs. Gregory may recognize Oppegard from before, as the governor was in the first row of parliamentary seat, close enough when the East Morelander representative approached the Grand-Duchess.

"Is there anything you need?", meanwhile Mrs. Skolem simply asked the guests from Achkaerin.