Author Topic: Ostlake Movie Awards 2021  (Read 2923 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Ostlake Movie Awards 2021
« on: January 26, 2021, 09:51:51 PM »
THE OSTLAKE FILM FESTIVAL AWARDS 2021

The Ostlake Film Awards now mark the 5th year of international involvement.  The growing global nature of the awards is a great success and so this year the continued involvement of Mundus is expanding once more with the inclusion of the Best Animated Short category.

As with last year nominations will be open until the 19 th of February at which point voting will begin with the winner announced on the 28th in a glittering award ceremony hosted in Ostlake.

We look forward to welcoming you all soon

Jocelyn Hopkins
Hosts of the "Ossies" 2021

OOC - OK This is how it works there are various categories that people can enter with rules for each. You fill in your form, post your nominations and then a poll will be created to determine the winner of each category. Try and keep your nominations culturally relevant, so for example I wouldn't expect Nya Aland to be nominating a Bollywood film or soundtrack. I may have also missed some past nominations where people have claimed things. Also don't think about claiming whole studios.

BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM

You can nominate any film from the last 10 years or one you have created yourself (but not like Fast & Furious 72 or Titanic 2:Return of Jack) .It can be in any language, genre etc. You may not claim whole movie studios but you may claim a single franchise, so in the past I believe Dartfordia had one of the Harry Potter films meaning the whole Harry Potter franchise is Dartfordian, this however doesn't mean they own the whole of Warner Brother. In terms of cross over stuff like Marvel by claiming say Iron Man, you don't then get the whole Marvel world, I'd personally stick clear of such "Universe" films.

Each nation may nominate two films using the form below, please check what was claimed last year (if the person nominating has since left I'm freeing up the stuff they claimed), also if in terms of news posts someone has claimed a film that someone nominates could they please POLITELY tell them and post a link to where. I've also updated the "What's Gone" list and removed those who have left. Thank you.

What's Gone

Achkaerin - Avengers
Achkaerin - LaLa Land
Achkaerin - Hunger Games
Achkaerin - Star Trek
Achkaerin - James Bond
Achkaerin - X-Men
Achkaerin - Peter Pan and therefore also Tinkerbell
Achkaerin - Lord of The Rings and therefore also The Hobbit
Dartfordia -Frozen
Dartfordia - Harry Potter
East Moreland - Star Wars I inadvertently claimed it here however I think, but have not been able to find otherwise that someone pre-dates that claim, if someone can find it I'll relinquish the claim otherwise WOOHOO!!!
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - Tytor
Little Women - Tytor
The Truman Show - Tytor
Gravity - Tytor
The Incredibles - Tytor
Zootopia - Tytor
Hotel Rwanda (as "Hotel Ubakasa") - Tytor
The Lego Movie - Tytor
How to Train Your Dragon - Tytor
Au revoir là-haut - Heyra

If I've missed any someone let me know

Name of Film
Genre
Nation
Brief Outline
Link to the trailer

In terms of trailers please use legal ones.

BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM

Time to randomly watch YouTube Stuff. You may nominate any Short Film (classed as less than 7 minutes), by that I mean the whole film, it can't be a kickass six minute section from a longer film. It must be legally viewable on YouTube.

You may nominate up to three films. I'm also aware we have a few YouTube video makers in the region and there would be no barrier to you nominating your own stuff or making something for this, in fact in my opinion I'd be voting for you for sure.

Name of Film
Genre
Nation
Brief Outline
Link to the trailer

BEST INTERNATIONAL SONG FEATURED IN A MOTION PICTURE

Basically you may nominate one song from a motion picture. It can even be from a film claimed by another nation because I mean in RL you get people from outside America doing stuff for Disney, what I will say however is if the artists has already been claimed then its off limits and I'll rely on people POLITELY pointing it out. So for example if The Who had done a song for say James Bond as I've claimed The Who no one other than me could use them. I hope that makes sense. Usual rules about posting YouTube applies. Instrumentals are permitted

Name of Artist
Nation Nominating
Song
From the Film
YouTube link

BEST INTERNATIONAL DOCUMENTARY

Essentially it could be anything from a historical documentary to a science talk. If it's factual, cool or interesting then it can be entered. Only two rules 1) No longer than 15 minutes 2) Must not break YouTube terms and conditions.

Name of Documentary
Nation Nominating
Topic Covered
From the Film
YouTube link

BEST ANIMATED SHORT

Can be any type of animation but may not last longer than 5mins.

Name of Animated Short
Nation Nominating
YouTube link

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: Ostlake Movie Awards 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 04:06:50 PM »
BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM

Name of Film: A Nation Betrayed
Genre: Documentary
Nation: Empire of Tamora
Brief Outline: The documentary made by Samira Hanifnejad presents how the regular people Clysperi saw the civil war unfold and also presents the aftermath of the war.
Link to the trailer: the movie is presented here.

BEST INTERNATIONAL DOCUMENTARY

Name of Film: A Nation Betrayed
Topic Covered: Clyperi civil war
Nation: Empire of Tamora
From the Film: The documentary made by Samira Hanifnejad presents how the regular people Clysperi saw the civil war unfold and also presents the aftermath of the war.
Link to the trailer: the movie is presented here.

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 07:57:43 PM »
BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM
Name of Film: Midsommar
Genre: Folk horror
Nation: Jugland
Brief Outline: A young foreign couple, who aren't exactly going through their best moment, attends a Summer festival which is held every 90 years in a remote village in northern Jugland. What started as a holiday in a daydream place, step by step it starts turning into a dark nightmare when the mysterious villagers invited them to participate in their festive but unsettling traditions.
Link to the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vnghdsjmd0

BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM
Name of Film: Good Business
Genre: Science Fiction
Nation: Jugland
Brief Outline: Humans have just settled in a new planet. They need to make business with some of its inhabitants first.
Link to the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Ltb7sLhb0

BEST INTERNATIONAL SONG FEATURED IN A MOTION PICTURE
Name of Artist: Hraban Jorgensen
Nation Nominating: Jugland
Song: Fugue in D Minor
From the Film: Ocean 8
YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib7dvw5oCps

BEST ANIMATED SHORT
Name of Animated Short: Soul
Nation Nominating: Jugland
YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ16CpV1bBc

Offline Kemerovo

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Kemerovo
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 08:39:04 PM »
Name of Artist:Sarwar Khan & Sartaz Khan Barna.
Nation Nominating: Parbhani
Song: Haanikaarak Bapu
From the Film: Dangal ( A story of two young girls in remote Parbhani. Their father is a famed national champion in traditional wrestling and is saddened when his own career comes to an end. With no sons to take up the sport he hatches a plan to trick everyone and trains his two young daughters in the sport, cutting their hair short and passing them off as boys. Will they be able to reach the National finals without being discovered? 
YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7F6ZlEoIUI
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 08:45:50 PM by Parbhani »

Offline Izhitsa

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Izhitsa
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 05:27:12 AM »
BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM
Name of Film: The Unknown Saint
Genre: Heist, Comedy
Nation: Izhitsa
Brief Outline: Moments before his capture by Yachese police, a thief digs a fake grave to hide a bag of money. Released from prison years later, he returns to retrieve the bag, only to find a shrine to an Unknown Saint built directly over his loot, and a brand new village constructed all around it.
Link to the trailer

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 09:29:10 PM »
Best International Film

Name of Film: Thunderbirds Are Go (OOC - Not to be confused with the rl film of the same name)
Genre: Animation/Drama
Nation: Achkaerin
Brief Outline: Action adventure tale based on the popular 1960s TV series created by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson and still utilizes the methods of the classic series. Situated in the calm ocean lies the idyllic Tracy island, but beneath the surface of this island lies the top secret base of International Rescue and they're about to go into action for the very first time. When the prototype spaceship Phoenix One is sabotaged by notorious criminal mastermind the Hood the crew is placed in jeopardy on the vessels maiden voyage and so begins an ambitious rescue operation with twists and turns along the way, into orbit is sent the spacecraft Thunderbird 3 to assess the scale of the problem and evacuate the crew, as the clock ticks down and Phoenix One re-enters the atmosphere the stakes are raised and it falls to the rest of the team to keep everyone safe not only from an impact but also the damaged reactor aboard the spacecraft.

Link to the trailer: None (OOC - fictional entry but tv show theme to illustrate methods used

Best International Short Film

Name of Film: Lego Airport
Genre: Animation
Nation: Achkaerin
Brief Outline: When traveling by airplane... the flight is the least of your problems. This film made entirely by students of Mornington Crescent High School in Solaria, won the National Achkaerin High School Award for Film Animation.
Link to the trailer: Link

Best International Song Featured in a Motion Picture

Name of Artist: Busted
Nation Nominating: Achkaerin
Song: Thunderbirds Are Go!
From the Film: Thunderbirds Are Go!
YouTube link: Link

Best Animated Short

Name of Animated Short: Pip
Nation Nominating: Achkaerin
YouTube link: Link