Author Topic: Private Message to Emperor Orion  (Read 950 times)

Offline EricaHozland

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Hozland
Private Message to Emperor Orion
« on: November 29, 2023, 10:19:29 PM »

Dear Emperor,

I hope you will forgive this rather unsolicited communication. I know our two nations, and ourselves, are not friends but I wish to convey my admiration for your recent situation. I have witnessed in the media the attention that your impending marriage has been creating and while I know there is some way to go before your wedding day I suspect you will be nervously awaiting the outcome. Having seen your recent Rosendahl Report interview I was surprised by your openess about your sexuality considering the situation you find yourself in. The notion of putting aside your personal feelings and emotions to serve your nation is something remarkable. I face a similar situation to yourself yet mine is more in the shadows. I have yet to face the cliff edge of choosing between pursuing my own mortal desires or following what is best for the Kingdom I may one day inherit. I have no competition like yours yet face pressure from my father, my people and my faith.

I write to you hoping that you will accept my friendship and that from there we can form for our nations a bond of friendship. Should you be willing I would like to visit Neu Urburzis during this competition with the intention of the two of us meeting and perhaps discussing how as two nations seperated by a little water in the Gulf of Liberty we can work together.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you will accept my offer in the near future.

Yours Sincerley

Prince Rupert of Hozland.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Re: Private Message to Emperor Orion
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 05:22:00 PM »
Orion had just finished his studies for today when he received the communique from Prinz Rupert. The Emperor glanced over the Letter first before deciding to make himself a cup of tea. He'd have to ponder over this one a little.

He wondered what Rupert's goal here was, or what he was suggesting. Just the part of not being able to truly choose, or was he meaning what Orion would have considered on first thought? Slumping into his Armchair the Blonde glanced over the letter several times, switching his own tablet one and doing a quick research on Rupert:

"Visiting Holy Sites, Christian then? I wonder which denomination..." Orion sighed and shook his head. The Memories where still unpleasant, as much as he had gotten his revenge with his own hands on the man who had hurt him, he still felt like a beaten child thinking back. Years of counseling still hadn't freed him of the mark the kidnapping had left in him.

After thinking for about half an hour, a sheet of fine Paper was prepared, the large Quill fetched and the ink pot readied. This was royalty he was dealing with, he knew the extra effort would usually be appreciated:

"To the Duke of Kirkby Hazlewood and Beaucastle, Prince Rupert of Hozland

Let me preamble that my openness on the topic of my sexuality has been long planned and prepared by my Regent and Cousin Prince Albrecht and myself. Starting with making it de facto public years back by asking the Son of a Lodjan Noble to a dance years back when i just sat on the throne.

My people deserve my honesty, yet me being the Emperor and having an understanding Regent in the matter helped tremendously in shaping the narrative. Appeasing both reformers that wish to move faster and traditionalists who wish to move back without  tearing the nation apart will never be an easy task. Whatever it is you feel troubled by, you are free to visit our country and make yourself a picture of how we deal with the proceedings. Seeing you will visit other holy sites, the City Temple to all Gods used to be a Gothic Cathedral built by the Trinity Order and might be worth a visit.

Please, your Highness, do keep in mind to schedule any visit in advance, my time will be limited next year. I do not wish for you to come visit and not be hosted appropriately.

With all due Respect,

Emperor Orion I. of Neu Uburzis