Author Topic: RAW Conference  (Read 200 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
RAW Conference
« on: May 02, 2024, 10:08:57 PM »

INVITATION TO CHAMWICK

At the age of 18 I was fortunate enough to be accepted as a reservist into what became my beloved Alpine Cadre. I still technically carry a commission within that Regiment and I do my best to keep up to date with the workings and functions of equipment at their disposal. While also being commander in chief of the East Moreland Armed Forces I like to think my knowledge of the systems utilised by the Cadre go above and beyond that expected of a normal commander in chief having had oppurtunities in Mavrosia and beyond to actually use them. While I am grateful to have equipment at the disposal of my forces that limit their exposure to danger I am also concerned that we, as humans, are allowing computers and in particular AI to make more and more decisions as to how we fight wars and ultimately how we strike targets. As a result we are making ourselves less accountable and I fear a time will come when nations will violate the Uppsala Convention due to actions outside human control. As such I am looking at putting together the Robotic and Autonomous Weapons Declaration. Just as we have committed ourselves to just measures in conventional warfare, outlawed chemical and biological weapons and thankfully scrapped nuclear ones we must now examine the next frontier of weapons that could potentially become a problem on Mundus. With this in mind I intend to invite delegations from all nations of Mundus to Chamwick to discuss the matter and review proposals to ensure we as humans retain our responsibilities.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nations Know Peace

King David III of East Moreland.

Chamwick was the newest city in East Moreland and was one that was less accustomed to foreign conferences. The Universities campus had several buildings that would be more than adequete for such a conference and hopefully the creation of a treaty or decree of some sort. The King had several ideas in mind but naturally it would be important to try and bring the global community together. As such the King had arranged for each nation to take over a suite of rooms within one of the many new hotels that the city had and he'd even encouraged people to come early. There had been various dinners, shows in the threate and the like to help people meet before the conference, pre meeting diplomacy so to speak. Now though it was time to get started and the King and his Minister of Defence, Sir Harry Samuelson stood ready to welcome the various delegations who arrived. Inside the venue, a large room within the Faculty of Engineering, was usually used to host conferences between various businesses that meet as part of the conditions of having economic breaks for being in Chamwick. Companies had to undertake joint collaborative projects and here many deals between the likes of EMAC, SmartWar, OsmanTech and various others had taken place. A large lounge sat just outside the room where Queen Stasya, Princess Freya and Admiral James Thompson, the nations most senior military officer, were ready to mingle before the business of the day took place.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Re: RAW Conference
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 05:16:11 PM »
Matilda wouldn't miss this opportunity to come herself, but she did bring the Owners of the 'Himmelsee Werke' and the owners of "Poseidon Warft" along with her. While to most non Uburzians, these companies made Airships and Fisherboats respectively, they where of course also the two large military providers inside the Empire.

"I'll hope to meet some of our contacts with smart wars. with Troyes and Kalasin we need to upgrade the empire with more modern tech, as much as i hate to admit, both of us can't provide it all."

Leonhard Himmel walked in his purple toga along the other two, before his competitor nodded:

"At least thanks to you Matilda and the Prince Regent most other Elder Senators see the necessity. Not to mention the whole topic for this meetup is equally important."

Richard Smutje gave Matilda a nod as the three then approached the currently unoccupied morelanders.

"Ah, Thompson!" former Admiral Mathilda Eidmeier laughed seeing him: "To bad you never let me bag you while i was still active."

Both of her companions groaned and shook their hand:

"You're as bad as Abertone's Emperor" they both groaned at their Speaker of the Elder Senate

Offline Irtref

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mersch
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2024, 06:39:07 PM »
The Duke and Duchess of Ysbyty Cynfyn were among some of the most minor nobles in the Kingdom of Irtref, they however between them had a background that was perfect. The Duke of Ysbyty Cynfyn, a 45 year old by the name of Hywel Pritchard had twenty years of military service under his belt, the last five years of which had been as part of the Air-Forces "Commercial Liason" team which meant he regularly discussed matters of procurement and development with designers and manufacturers he would then file recommendations for the crown. His "combat role" however included oversight of 22 Squadron which currently operated a fleet of surveillance UAV's. His wife, the Duchess of Ysbyty Cynfyn, was Llewela who was five years older than him and served as an adviser to the crown on technological affairs having first studied robotics at University and then having had a short stint actually working for companies making bomb disposal equipment. The two entered the venue hand in hand, Hywel in his Air Force blues and Llewela in a smart black suit. Each clutched a brown leather coated briefcase. "Good Morning" the two greeted King David, "Her Majesty has sent her apologise, she has asked us to negotiate on behalf of the crown and we may, assuming an agreements reached, need a minute or two to get confirmation of her agreement but I'm confident she'll go with what we recommend. I look forward to your proposal." 

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2024, 04:02:47 PM »
   Not even five years ago, it might've seemed strange that the sitting Emperor of Fusan would attend a conference such as this; after all, matters such as these were, more often than not, seen as being below his station. Yet despite this, since first becoming Sesshō to his father in 2019 and then Emperor the year after, Eijirō had attended more meetings like this than his grandfather had in his nineteen years on the throne, and certainly more than his father. Only his great grandfather had him beat, and that was simply due to him reigning for nearly half a century and through one of the most tumultuous periods in the nation's history, no less. More often than not, matters such as these would be handled by the Prime Minister or some other member of the Cabinet. Sometimes, even a member of the Privy Council might attend, if the need arose. Yet for some reason, this subject called to him, no doubt a result of his background, and so, he found himself leading the Fusanese delegation.

And what a delegation it was. While also joined by the standard array of aides and assistants, he found himself in the company of the current Minister of War and former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Field Marshal Okimoto Esashi, with whom he'd had a good working relationship for some time now. It was not lost on him, of course, that theirs was a relationship more close than most former War Ministers had with their Emperors; after all, for starters, most of the time the War Ministry wasn't headed by someone who, albeit technically, still held a commission within the Armed Forces, much in a similar fashion to himself as Commander-in-Chief, but there was more to it than that. He had grown up around him after all, at least in his teenage years, and he could be partly credited with inspiring Eijirō to join the military. Him and a certain Achkaerinese royal, back in the day... Those were far better times, simpler, too. Either way though, the group was rounded off by Kunihiro Marutaka, the CEO of Zayasu Heavy Industries, and Yuko Harada, President of Kasori, both of whom had a vested interest in the field and had thus managed to secure an invitation, though they would be arriving separately.

"Remind me why I ever agreed to Marutaka-san tagging along?" Eijirō asked Okimoto as he straightened his outfit aboard the plane. It wasn't as though he disliked the man, but it hardly seemed appropriate that he join.
   "You'll have to ask the Prime Minister, your Majesty." The sixty-one year-old Esashi replied from one of Suzaku One's many seats. "But I will remind you that having people involved in the field can be helpful in determining policy."
   "To suit their own interests, maybe."
   "Maybe, but I know him well enough to know he's a man of principle. Well, as much as you can be in that field, anyways."
   "And what of Harada? What do you know about her?"
   "No more than most. She's as reclusive as you can get for someone in her position, but I'd imagine she's more likely to work to further her own agenda and that of her company. Just be careful around her."
   "I will."

A short while later, the group would arrive at the site of the conference, whereupon the Fusanese Emperor, speaking on the behalf of the delegation, would greet his Morelander counterpart.
   "Your Majesty, it's a pleasure to see you again." Eijirō said with a bow before motioning to his companions. "Field Marshal Esashi, Mr. Marutaka, and Mrs. Harada." He said so as to introduce them. "On the behalf of the government of the Empire of Fusan, I wish to make clear our sincerest hope that these talks will be most fruitful."

Offline Abertone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Abertone
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2024, 10:32:18 PM »
It was yet another event where Emperor Marco had turned up merely as window dressing. He'd got his cousin Graziano, his counsel, with him to do the heavy lifting. When Marco had announced his "Deputy Foreign Minister" Aurora Napoli was also joining them it became even more apparent that this was more just a "dirty weekend" for Marco. Graziano though was determined to ensure things went smoothly and figured Aurora would not be saying too much, something he could live with. Graziano was keen to speak with King David and headed over with his cousin in tow. "Good Morning your Majesty. I'm sure you know my cousin." He said allowing Marco to shake hands. Aurora meanwhile had gone inside and waited for them as she scanned the room trying her best to remember the names of various people.

Offline Eboracum

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2024, 10:35:06 AM »
Ghyslain Lyon stood from his seat and headed towards the front of the aircraft. There the Emperor Lucius had been on a video conference with his four year old son, Felix, and his mother Astrid. The boy had just been holding up a piece of paper to his father upon which on his own he'd successfully written his full name. Lucius smiled and applauded his youngest son and Glyslain waited for his half brother to finish the call. "Felix doing well?" He asked as Lucius turned to face him.

"Very well" Lucius beamed, "I think he'll end up being the most intelligent of the brood" He chuckled.

"I hope so" Ghyslain nodded, "We'll be landing in a few minutes."

"Thank you" The Emperor found his blazar, closed his laptop and joined Ghyslain who was not just his half brother but also his Imperial General, an equivalent of many nations Ministers of Defence. He had tried to get Lucius to also include his heir Henrik but after he failed to achieve everything his father had set for him in Lodja he wasn't trusting him with this. The two siblings would therefore be representing the Empire. After landing they waited for their transport to the venue and greeted the King. Lucius gave a firm handshake to the two Morelanders as he introduced himself. "I'm delighted to be here. I've heard of many technological marvels that have come out of this place so I look forward to seeing what we come up with." He moved on allowing the King to welcome the other guests. He moved between each of the other delegations and found himself a drink while they waited for the meeting to come to order.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2024, 11:16:24 AM »
It had been several months since Natalya had been overseas and a chance to go visit East Moreland was an easy way to get back into the swing of international diplomacy. She had travelled relatively light for a Queen of Lodja going overseas. Just two Ladies in Waiting, Jasmina and Svetlana, her Special Envoy Besarian Ivanov, General Stanislav Pubilov and Queens Naval Yard director Kilian Ruzetnev. Natalya herself was rather clueless about weapons and military affairs but a few meetings with some of her key advisers and the guardsman around the Palace of the Goddess helped her gain at least a redumentary uderstanding of the matters they'd likely be talking about.

She was pleased to see David and waited for Jasmina to make the formal announcements that Lodjain protocol required, David no doubt would be used to such things and once done the group made their way inside to exchange embraces with Stasya.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2024, 03:30:13 PM »
Achkaerin's reputation for delegation size may have on occasion seemed to be a case of oversized but on this rarest of occasions it was entirely appropriate, though this was perhaps not quite the delegation that was expected. Leading the Achkaerinese was Princess Cerys, not a familiar name in summit surroundings but she had a degree in robotics and cybernetics and was just finishing of her postgrad in applied cybernetics and if that wasn't enough she had her eyes on doing a doctorate in the field of artificial intelligence, it was safe to say that her reputation as the family academic was safe. From the government side she was joined by Minister of Defence Adam Sheppard and Attorney General Robert Westbrooke, the military side was represented firstly by Captain Sarah Culshaw and Flight Leader Irma Quartermain, the pair dressed in their uniforms from the army and air force respectively worked with this technology as shot caller and operator so their insights and experience were going to be valuable to the likes of Cerys and Adam in this, then of course there were the two military heavyweights Admiral William Rankin (accompanied by his yeoman Petty Officer Trinity Larsen), William was the Judge Advocate General, the other military heavyweight was Lieutenant Commander Melissa Bird, she was the military's equivalent of the Attorney General she was known as the Designated Officer and her duties included larger scale decision making about this sort of technology's battlefield use. Finally there were 'the big four'  as they were collectively known within the Achkaerinese defence industry Timothy Cross of the Achkaerin Rifling Company, responsible for manufacturing most of Achkaerin's small arms and land based equipment, Darren Eagle who ran the Achkaerin Aeronautical Development Company, responsible for manufacturing the drones and missiles that were perhaps the most obvious symbols of this sort of technology's advancement, Edward McKinlay, who ran McKinlay Naval Solutions and had advanced the development of autonmous vehicles both on the water and beneath the surface, and last but by no means least was Catriona Rowan, out of everyone on the Achkaerinese delegation she had the most hands on experience with AI and led the company that collaborated on quite a lot of the autonomous vehicles produced in Achkaerin, she was also probably the most underdressed person in the delegation sporting black jeans, a blue t-shirt and a black leather jacket in contrast to the suits and uniforms being worn by most and the dress that Cerys was wearing.

"I believe this is the first time we've formally met." Cerys said greeting David with a smile before making the quite long list of introductions, some of whom David would know and some he likely wouldn't, though the sheepish look on Trinity's face when she got introduced didn't go unnoticed, it was understandable she wasn't used to such surroundings. After the introductions had been made Cerys looked at David again and nodded before the Achkaerinese headed inside and looked around, quite the gathering by the look of it.