Author Topic: A Quite Brassican Visit to Lodja  (Read 4950 times)

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
  • Selamlar, ich bin ein Türke. Probably.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nichitishi
A Quite Brassican Visit to Lodja
« on: October 12, 2018, 08:15:18 PM »
To: Queen Viktoriya Tar

As Cabbagelandiet is emergin from its isolation, I wish to communicate and negotiate with my neighbours. I have decided to start with Lodja, as I have heard much of it's beautiful people and of the Isle of the Godess. May Brassica Prime watch over thine.
                 Signed,

Grand Preacher Brassicus II of Cabbagelandiet and the Church of Brassica Prime.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 08:25:44 PM by CabbagePreacher »
Cabbagelandiet still lives on thine heart!

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Online Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
Re: A Quite Brassican Visit to Lodja
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 08:49:03 PM »

To:- Grand Preacher Brassicus II

We would be delighted to host you in Gaia for talks and of course allow you to visit the Island of the Goddess. As this is your first visit to the Isle there is the need to perform a short Sessifetian ritual prior to you setting foot on the Isle. As such we shall have the Lord of the Conclave Besarian Ivanov meet you're party at the airport and accompany you to the Isle.

We look forward to meeting you.

Sessifets Blessings

Queen Klara II

Gaia Airport was used to busy days by now, they even had a seperate hard standing for VIP aircraft whether it was a noble from Lodja or a visiting dignitary. Lord Besarian rather enjoyed all the pomp and ceremony that went with welcoming those for abroad. He sat in the heated car, the first cooling winds of winter where coming to Gaia and soon the first flurries of snow would begin drifting in. The islands out in the Alucard where more pleasant as they enjoyed sun all year round, give it a few more weeks and Besarian would find more and more excuses to head there away from the bitter cold that stiffened his knees from where he'd damaged them in his army service.

He waited patiently for the aircraft to arrive and drank a coffee in the rear seat of the car. He had just finished draining the china cup when his driver informed him the visiting aircraft was inbound. Besarian picked up his long coat and got out the car slipping it on just as the visitors touched down. By the time the aircraft had reached the hard standing he'd taken his place in front of a band made up of members of the military who now struck up the guests national anthem. Besarian waited patiently for them to arrive.

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 07:02:07 AM »
It was the fourth time Brassicus II had used a plane and he still wasn't used to it. He got off the plane with his daughter, Katarina Brassicus and took a deep breath from the coldening air of Lodja. He was used to much colder weather in Cabbagelandiet, with the country already having big snowstorms. Then the two Cabbagelandetians approached Bessarian Ivanov and greeted him. "Hello my good sir!" Brassicus II said while taking his coat off, "Well then, let's not dilly dally around, we have a Sessefatien ritual to perform, no?" He gave his coat to his daughter, who had forgotten to pack her own coat while speaking "Well then, lead me my good sir!" That was a sentence that Brassicus II said rarely, considering he was the ruler of Cabbagelandiet.

The Factbook of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1864.msg16144
The Important People of Nichitishi - https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=1865.msg16145#msg16145

Online Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 09:09:16 PM »
Besarian waited for the pair to enter the car before climbing in and taking one of the rearward seats. "Now I must warn you that this ceremony does have the potential to go a little wrong." he realised that sounded rather bad and so held up apologetic hands, "oh, not in a horrific way, just it does involve salt being thrown around so when the Priestess says to close your eyes its a damn good idea to" he added. "The Priestehood tell us that the Goddess Sessifet was born and her physical body broken on this rock, she passed her spiritual body into that of a young woman willing to act as a vessel for her. As such that first joining between Goddess and Queen took place here to. Those of us who follow the faith of Sessifet see it as the most Holy place in the world for two reasons. The first because of the story I have just told you, and second because of the fact its the home of the Goddess and her Guardian today." The car had reached the coast, the sea fog still hanging over the Alucard.

The drive to the Isle went relatively smoothly, they arrived even before the tide was out and so the causeway was closed. "The Isle is connected to the mainland for only six hours at a time, then the tide covers up the road and the only way over is by boat" Besarian pointed to where on the other side, only around 800 meters out to sea was a jetty where an old fashioned looking motor launch was parked up. The water was beginning to retreat from the concrete road and a team of military engineers was already beginning to make preparations for checking the road and clearing the silt if needed before anyone crossed. Some pilgrims were already gathering to make the walk over while a handful of staff cars waited to be permitted to make the crossing.

Alla Kohut, the High Priestess of Sessifet approached, "Lord Besarian, Sir, Madam" she nodded respectfully as she turned up, she was dressed in an all blue robe and a brown leather across her chest. "We can begin now, it will only take a moment or two. The tradition is only done on your first visit to the isle, however your permitted to do it everytime you come, some of the faithful do so as they believe its important to ensure the Island remains pure." She motioned for the guests to stand on a brass plaque on the floor, positioned so people knew where to stand. "Sessifet, the Goddess we stand here today ready to cross into your domain, to your land. We humbly ask that you turn back the waves and allow these pure souls to cross." She came and stood in front of the pair. "Please close your eyes" she waited a moment before reaching into her brown bag and took pinches of salt out and sprinkled them at the guests walking a 360 degree around them. All the time praying in Lodjain asking for blessings to be placed on the duo at the centre of the ceremony. She was being watched by several pilgrims some of whom filmed the proceedings. "You may now enter the realm of the Goddess." She announced loudly.

The car had been brought ready and the three of them got back inside and drove over the causeway to the otherside, the car stopped and a small group were waiting. A tall woman in a pale blue dress stepped forward, "On behalf of Queen Klara welcome to Lodja, I am Lady Anna Immich The chief Lady in Waiting bowed. "Should you require anything while you stay here place do not hesitate to ask." She looked up at the Palace which sat like a crown on top of the rocks. "We now have a decision to make, we can walk the road route up the Palace, it is rather steep and takes about 20 minutes, or we can take the cliff railway which will take about two. The choice is yours?"

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 11:07:46 AM »
One of the last things that the Cabbagelandetians expected was getting salted like salad. Brassicus now had salt in his hat and some had gotten inside his shirt, which was rather annoying. He and his daughter cleaned the salt on their hats on the car before being approached by Lady Anna. "Well, a walk wouldn't hurt, now would it? It'd be nice if I could see Lodja in it's full." said Brassicus, who was still trying to get salt out of his shirt and hat "Also, do you have some hot water fit for making tea around here? I was supposed to make some tea in the plane but I didn't have the time. I can't really wake up until I get my morning tea. Well, most Cabbagelandetians can't wake up until they get their tea. It's a bit of a tradition innit."

Online Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 01:05:53 PM »
Anna turned to a smartly dressed army officer, much younger than the senior rank would have suggested. He made a quick phone call as Anna began the walk up the road, something she wished they weren't doing. "Well you won't see much of the real Lodja here Your Holiness" she explained as the slope began to steepen. "The Isle is home to around 400 people on a permanent basis, mostly the day to day staff of the Palace. They have their own small community down here, what you find is the higher up the hill you go the higher the status." It was evident too the houses went from being tall thin stone buildings with narrow fronts to nice like cottages before stand alone stone homes with lovely little gardens in front of them. The Palace itself sat on an outcrop on the island seperated from the rest by a small chasm with a stout looking wooden bridge. On the other side Queen Klara waited, the traditional dark blue and gold dress that swept the floor, the other three Ladies in Waiting stood behind her along with the members of the Conclave who made up the Queen's council. Anna lead Brassicus across, "Your Holiness it is my honour to introduce to you Her Divine Majesty Queen Klara II of Lodja, Guardian of Sessifet."

The Queen stepped forward and presented Brassicus with a walnut and gold box, "Inside is a supply of salt, made specifically from the seas touching this island. It is our hope the salt can symbolise the purity of the friendship between our nations."

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 02:40:27 PM »
"Well then, I would love to see the real Lodja at some point then!" Brassicus said before starting the great walk to the top. The Cabbagelandetians were exhausted by the time they saw the Queen. Brassicus was still trying to shake off the salt in his shirt when he noticed the box of salt "Bloody hell more salt... Ahem, I graciously accept the gift, my good ma'am. I do hope that we have good relations as neighboring countries." He then took a box out of the coat he gave to his daughter "And this box contains some cabbage seeds, to signify our sprouting friendship between nations... Or something I dunno. Well then, shall we go inside? Standing up after walking for half an hour is real bloody tiring isn't it?"

Online Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 04:20:50 PM »
Klara didn't know, she was always brought up to the Palace using the railway that went almost vertically up the cliff. "If you'd care to follow me" the Queen glided down the corridor at the side of her guest, the long dress sweeping the floor as they went. As they entered one of the corridors it opened up on one side to reveal a kind of external quad full of a garden. Some of the children of the Palace were sat with a teacher learning about the plants, the Queen spoke with Lady Jasmina and handed them the box with cabbage seeds and the flame haired lady nodded and headed off into the garden and handed it over to one of the gardeners. "The seeds will become part of our garden, perhaps the next time you visit they'll even be on the banquet menu" Klara explained. They entered a large hall, a series of steps leading up to a throne and a long purple carpet running down the centre. "This is our court chamber, its were once a month I sit and hear petitions from the people." She continued walking to where there was a large oak door and two guardsman pushed them open. A balcony with two roaring fire pits overlooking the sea, three large wicker sofas with huge cushions on awaits and a tray of hot and cold drink options. Klara took a seat and motioned for Brassicus and Katarina to take the other. Lady Roksana began pouring various drinks and offering them around as Lady Stasya and Jasmina took position on chairs just behind their Queen, while Anna sat opposite behind Brassicus. "Now if you have any place you wish discussions to begin please feel free"

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 04:50:38 PM »
The Queen's palaca certainly was huge. The Cabbagelandetian Winter Palace, the residence of Brassicus' and his family, was just enough for them to live and host guests. But this palace? It was a bit overkill. While ranting in his mind about tax-money going to empty stuff like this, they had arrived at the balcony. Brassicus II finally received the hot water he requested, and put a packet of tea in the cup. After taking a sip of the now cup of tea, he started talking "Well then, that's the million cabbage question, where to start the discussion? To be honest: I don't bloody know! Our military still uses muskets, a.k.a. we need weaponry, we have untapped coal reserves that need tapping in Precathe, the Cabbagelandetian industry is still using technology from the late 19th century. Those are the main discussion topics I want to talk out, which one we begin is up to you." Then Brassicus II took a sip out of his tea, slightly annoyed that the tea had gotten colder during his talk.

Online Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 08:07:33 PM »
In a way Klara was pleased that there was a military on Mundus in a worse state than her own, the Lodjain military machine may have leaking ships and missing equipment but at least they weren't using muskets, she wasn't exactly sure how useful  Brassicus thought she could be. "In terms of military equipment I don't think there is much I can do to help you. Our nation makes little of its own equipment these days prefering to make purchases from Nya Aland, East Moreland and Ui Cenneslaig, the last two being our CNN allies." She sat sipping a glass of orange juice. "Now we have very few coal mines in Lodja today, we instead have supplies of gas and oil, but we do have fairly large gem stone mines, so if your looking for help in that regard I think there is a deal that can be reached. For example if your nation is willing to lease the mines to our companies for a certain number of years I'm sure I can find interested parties to come and work them. They'd create jobs in your local industry, you'd have better supplies of coal and thus be able to grow your industry."

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 08:24:22 PM »
"Lease mines for a few years... Grow industry..." Brassicus II did some brain-math on how that'd work out. He heard of nations getting scammed out of all their natural resources becouse of a bad lease but still, industry, jobs... And if things go bad, he had the power to do whatever he wanted in Cabbagelandiet, the council may exist, he may not exercise his power of vetoing, but still, he could do it as an emergency escape. And there were newly-establishes laws allowing Cabbagelandetian officials to survey mines and make sure that the miners weren't modern slaves. Plus, Precathe was a mountainous, tree-barren land so the enviroment would be fine... Hopefully. Hope-bloody-fully. After finishing the head-math Brassicus II came to a conclusion "Well then. My minister Kara Rsizadam, may Brassica Prime help his skills in diplomacy, once calculated that if we could mine and use the coal in Precathe, we would have a good industrial base in... about 5 years. Cabbagelandiet already has the industrial "base", the factory buildings and all that, we just need the raw resources and the technology." Brassicus II now took a sip out of his now-colder tea after he finished explaining all that.

Online Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 09:16:59 PM »
"Perhaps then we can take as a suggestion that we take a lease on two mines. The Lodjain company we find will come in and set up a modern system, as long as the lease is for 20 years. They'll pay the workers in line with any employment laws in your nation and will guarentee that 80% of the workers are from your nation. During that time the company will be free to sell the coal to anyone they wish, but 25% will be ring-fenced for your nations industry. At the end of 20 years their will be the option for both sides of the agreement to extend the deal, should you take the option of not doing so the company would be free to either recieve compensation for any installed equipment or they are free to remove it. Does this sound agreeable" Klara read some notes Dragan, her finance minister had given her. "Furthermore we should consider a general lowering of tariffs between our nations, if that is possible? A reduction to zero I don't think benefits either of us but certainly giving a more favourable stance helps us both. Neither of us are among the strongest economies on Mundus and some friendly support of each other would go a long way. What do you think?"

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 06:52:26 AM »
"That sounds... Agreeable. A deal that will hopefully benefit us both. Well then, if you could get a pen and paper, we could official-ize this agreement."

Online Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 09:37:07 PM »
Klara was pleased, but she thought there could be more done. "We will of course make things all formal, however there are other matters to discuss. For example I know you're nation is relatively new to global affairs, but have you considered joining the Council of Albion. It was an organisation set up to help promote peace and prosperity across the continent. If you were to come on board I honestly believe you would find it of use to your nation and people."

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2018, 07:18:55 AM »
"Well then I will consider joining it..." Brassicus II took the last sip out of his tea, now tealess he waited for a response.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 06:26:26 PM by CabbagePreacher »

Online Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2018, 12:50:55 AM »
Klara turned and whispered to Jasmina who stood, bowed and disappeared off. Klara turned her attention back towards the guest. "Now I know that you have asked about coal extraction but over the last few years our nation has developed our own offshore gas and oil industries. While you are here I would like to make an offer for a new company from Lodja to be granted permission to explore for these possibilities within your nations Exclusive Economic Zone of sea. If you were to permit us to be the sole rights owner for the next 15 years we would gift 35% of the companies share to yourself. What you do with those shares then is your choice, give them to the people, or keep them for yourself. The company would pledge to ensure that 75% of workers would be Tamoran, and we'd train those who are needed should we struggle to find them. It again would create many jobs and allow you access to cheap gas and oil, if of course we find any." 

By the time Klara had explained her idea Jasmina had returned clutching a copy of the Council of Albion charter and placed it on the table.

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 07:12:54 PM »
"Offshore drilling? Drilling, drilling..." the deals were starting to sound more like "sell Cabbagelandiet and get personal money.".  Brassicus II examined and signed the Council of Albion charter. Brassicus II was still thinking about the deal. 15 years of exclusive ownership was... quite frightening. "After alot of consideration, I have to say no to your last proposition. Even though I trust that you don't have any bad intentions, I am quite afraid of an oil spill happening and ruining the beautiful shores and sea." Brassicus II stood up to get some more hot water to make more tea, which he was quite annoyed when he realized there wasn't any hot water left. Brassicus II went back to his seat,
 requesting a cup of hot water from the lady-in-waiting. He never had servants so it was odd commanding another human being to bring something to him.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 07:19:40 PM by CabbagePreacher »

Online Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 09:33:04 PM »
Anna bowed to her Queen and disappeared off into the Palace. Klara was a little disappointed that her offer had been turned down but this was all part of global diplomacy. "There is no need to explain, your resources are yours to do with as you see fit, we can always keep the offer open should you ever change your mind at some point" Klara explained. "I am thrilled that you have agreed to join with the rest of the nations of Albion. Now seeing as Article 16 says Member nations agree to co-ordinate Naval patrols against smuggling and terrorism, perhaps we should discuss a joint operation in the South East Alucard, I realise both our nations may not be the strongest nautically but a show of co-operation would go a long way to show we will be able to protect ourselves?"

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 06:38:43 PM »
Brassicus II laughed when he heard the word "naval", the guy only had a couple of old wooden ships from the 17th Century, and most of them were turned into museums. "You want me to patrol with a museum?" Brassicus II calmed down after laughing for a while "Ah excuse me, I just needed a laugh. On a more serious note, the Cabbagelandetian navy has been buying fishing boats and repurpousing them for patrolling purpouses. I don't think we could help much, but if you really want to do an operation with the help of my fishing boats and muskets..."

Online Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2018, 09:10:53 PM »
"The manner of the boats is less significant than the gesture, beside I am sure we could arrange for some of your sailors to come onboard our vessels. I suspect in the future you would seek to replace these ships and so this would be a valuable experience. I would say its vital that you lay claim to your nations waters one way or another and to do this nothing beats a naval patrol" Klara explained.

Anna had returned with a newly boiled kettle and placed the pot on the table before retaking her seat. " Now is there any other areas of our nations relationship you wish to address wth me?"

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2018, 11:46:10 AM »
After getting his tea and taking a sip out of his tea, Brassicus II started talking "Well I believe I've got nothing else to talk about. Expect for the fact that I've been kind of alone in the palace, being single and all that, but pretty sure that's not a thing that you can fix." Brassicus II chuckled "Anyways, is there anything else you want to talk about before I leave?" Brassicus II finished his cup of tea and waited for an answer.

Online Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2018, 10:09:43 PM »
"Well" Klara began once more, "I had hoped we would leave here today with some formal agreement between our nations, for example I would like to see us agree to remove import tariffs on raw materials traded between our nations. I believe this will help both our economies to grow. I also would like to consider perhaps your nation purchasing some of the rights to fish in Lodja's EEZ. You see thanks to the large spread of our islands we're blessed with an extensive EEZ and as such we don't really make the most of it, a nation such as yourselves with a large coastline must have a decent number of fishing vessels that would like to fish in the warmer climates of the northern Lodjain islands. Should you be open to discussing trade partnerships I think we could establish a system where your fisherman may purchase a quota licence from myself to allow them to fish our EEZ. Now as for you being alone I may have a suggestion for that." she smiled, "I find the best way of not being alone is to get away from the Palace and just meet people. In the new year I'm getting married and as such they'll be a large social event here, as always the Heads of State of nations we are friends with shall be invited, that obviously includes yourself. It worked for King David didn't it?" Klara turned to Lady Stasya.

"Yes Your Divine Majesty" the Lady in Waiting blushed slightly, "I meet David for the first time at Queen Viktoria's wedding and we may have a long distance relationship but its a happy one" she added.

"So, if it worked for one Head of State why not another. I know I'm bias but because our land is blessed by Sessifet we do have some beautiful people." she glanced at Lady Roksana as she spoke. "So, you'll attend the wedding and I'll point you in the diection of some Lodjain noble woman looking for a husband." she chuckled.

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2018, 11:41:15 AM »
"Oh right, tariffs. We were going to talk about those weren't we?" Brassicus II took a sip out of his tea "I see no problem with removing tarrifs on raw goods. And yes, we do have alot of fishing boats. Heck, when I announced I would unisolate Cabbagelandiet, the first thing the fishers did was start saving money for new boats. Pretty sure the moment we agree to the license thing, there is going to be a huge boat migration to Lodja." he laughed "But I again think that an agreement could be reached on that."

"Also congratulations on the marriage!" said Brassicus II, taking a sip out of his tea "It's weird how most marriages lead to other marriages. It's a perpetual cycle of marriages, isn't it. Anyways, the problem with marrying a Lodjan noble would be the polyandry you practice... It's pretty rare that I see a single Lodjan noble without three other lovers, no offence. But still, I'd appreciate your help. And I do agree that Lodjan women are beautiful" Brassicus II laughed and took a last sip out of his second cup of tea.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 03:21:41 PM by CabbagePreacher »

Online Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2018, 03:06:45 PM »
"Very good, then perhaps we could have a scaled tariff system, I'll have Dragan here finish the paperwork. In the meantime perhaps you'd care to come and have a spot of lunch." the Queen stood, instantly the Ladies in Waiting and ministers in attendance did so, she headed towards the door leading back into the royal suite waiting for Brassicus to follow her. She walked them back down various corridors past the garden where one of the gardners was already planting the cabbage seeds, the long blue and gold dress of the Queen giving the impression she glided along the corridor.

Inside the royal chamber a long table had been set up, a variety of cold finger foods on offer, a group of the Conclave were already in attendance and stopped, bowed to the Queen and made space for her to pick up a plate. Different styles of bread, cheeses, smoked meats and fish sat between bowls of various dumplings, caviar and Syrniki. "Please come help yourself" Klara gestured handing Brassicus a bright white plate, a gold rim around the edge and the royal coat of arms monogramed on.

"The chicken dumplings are the best"  Katarina found Duke Lubos Kubik the nations Minister of Defence next to her offering her the plate of dumplings. "So how are you finding it now your homeland is opening up to the world?" he asked as he fixed himself a plate of food.

The group spent some time socialising, the talk about trying to find out about Cabbagelandiet, their culture and their people. After a few hours Dragan reappeared in the room clutching two scrolls.

Quote from: Scroll

The following is a Treaty of Friendship between the nations of Lodja and Cabbagelandiet. It shall come into force at the start of the next calender month following the signing of the Treaty. Both nations do hereby agree to the following.

1. Both nations shall, in accordance with the Council of Albion, maintain active Ambassadors with the other nation. Cabbagelandiet agree to appoint an ambassador of noble birth who shall reside upon the Island of the Goddess in accomodation provided by the Queen of Lodja.

2. Cabbagelandiet agree to permit an appointed Lodjain company to establish a series of coal mines in Cabbagelandiet. These companies shall comply with all local employment laws and will ensure at least 80% of the workers are from Cabbagelandiet. The lease on these mines shall be a minimum of 20 years. During the lease the Lodjain company is free to sell their coal to any customer however must reserve at least 25% for the domestic market. At the end of the lease it may either be renewed or the mine closed. Should the mine close Cabbagelandiet agree to compensate the mining company for materials and equipment left behind.

3. The nations agree to a symbolic joint naval patrol with officers from both nations observing the other. This shall take place in the Sea of Alucard.

4. Lodja agree to sell Cabbagelandiet registered fishing vessels licences to catch fish in Lodja's Exclusive Economic Area. These licences must be purchased by individual fishing vessels. In total 80,000 tonnes of fish may be included in licence programme. All Cabbagelandiet ships must comply with Lodjain environmental regulations and will be subject to random inspections by the Lodjain Navy.

5. The nations agree to remove totally the import tariffs on raw materials. They further agree to maintain parity between tariffs for all other materials and products. The two nations shall have a twice annual meeting between finance ministers to regulate these.

Signed_____________
Signed_____________

"Does this meet your approval?" Dragan asked as he handed each leader a copy.

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2018, 04:48:06 PM »
"Ah, lunch? Well I can never say no to some food. Though I have kind of stuffed myself with tea." Brassicus II laughed and the Cabbagelandetians followed the Queen to the table, Katarina almost tripping on the Queen's dress. Brassicus II poured himself another cup of tea at the table.

"Ah thank you!" said Katarina, taking a chicken dumpling from the plate. "Honestly, it's been quite overwhelming. I mean, everybody expected the world to have advanced, sure, but the Internet? Nuclear weaponry? Helicopters? Nobody expected those to exist!" Katarina started eating the dumpling, preferring food over conversation.

Brassicus II started talking "I mean, it's weird how Cabbagelandetian society works compared to other Mundusian places. Isolation to other nations does make people different. For example, we never had a flag as we weren't meeting other people and never had a need for a flag. Another interesting thing is, since Cabbagelandiet never had any migration, everybody is basically %100 Cabbagelandetian, except for some people who have come to Cabbagelandiet since the un-isolation. And..." Brassicus II spoke for a while, answering some questions, pouring another cup of tea, and took a last sip out of said tea. "...If you're trying to somehow overdose me on tea, you're doing a great job!" said Brassicus II with laughter, while pouring himself another cup. His new cup of tea was interrupted by Dragan appearing in the room.

Brassicus II carefully read the scroll. After reading carefully he started talking "Well, I see no issues. Except for one thing:
Quote from: Scroll
Cabbagelandiet agree to appoint an ambassador of noble birth...
The problem being is that we don't really have anything tracking who is a noble and who isn't a noble. We don't even really have 'nobles', just people who are known for doing something and get widely recognized as a family of 'nobles'. That's a thing I forgot while speaking isn't it? But I have no issues other than that with the agreement, and am happy to sign it, once we figure out what is a Cabbagelandetian 'noble.'"

Online Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2018, 08:21:37 PM »
It was a last minute stumbling block but one that they could work around, Klara was confident. "In that case we would need to change the document to read as follows.

Quote from: New Charter

The following is a Treaty of Friendship between the nations of Lodja and Cabbagelandiet. It shall come into force at the start of the next calender month following the signing of the Treaty. Both nations do hereby agree to the following.

1. Both nations shall, in accordance with the Council of Albion, maintain active Ambassadors with the other nation.

2. Cabbagelandiet agree to permit an appointed Lodjain company to establish a series of coal mines in Cabbagelandiet. These companies shall comply with all local employment laws and will ensure at least 80% of the workers are from Cabbagelandiet. The lease on these mines shall be a minimum of 20 years. During the lease the Lodjain company is free to sell their coal to any customer however must reserve at least 25% for the domestic market. At the end of the lease it may either be renewed or the mine closed. Should the mine close Cabbagelandiet agree to compensate the mining company for materials and equipment left behind.

3. The nations agree to a symbolic joint naval patrol with officers from both nations observing the other. This shall take place in the Sea of Alucard.

4. Lodja agree to sell Cabbagelandiet registered fishing vessels licences to catch fish in Lodja's Exclusive Economic Area. These licences must be purchased by individual fishing vessels. In total 80,000 tonnes of fish may be included in licence programme. All Cabbagelandiet ships must comply with Lodjain environmental regulations and will be subject to random inspections by the Lodjain Navy.

5. The nations agree to remove totally the import tariffs on raw materials. They further agree to maintain parity between tariffs for all other materials and products. The two nations shall have a twice annual meeting between finance ministers to regulate these.

Signed_____________
Signed_____________

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2018, 08:23:20 PM »
"Well then, I have my pen in my pocket here." Brassicus II, after reading the document again, signed the paper. "Well then, it's your turn."

Online Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2018, 08:37:54 PM »
Klara was handed a pen by Lady Anna and affixed her own signature before extending a hand to her guest. "A well concluded first meeting between our people." Klara conceeded, "Now is there anything you'd like to see, do, experience before heading back home? We'd be happy to make any arrangements you require."

Offline CabbagePreacher

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2018, 04:22:40 PM »
"Well, I'd have loved to stay more here, but alas," Brassicus II looked at his clock "I have to go. The Cabbagelandetian council will meet up soon. Maybe I'll come to Lodja a second time to stroll around the streets, hm? As the Cabbagelandetian saying goes 'Look at the folk, not the castle.'." Brassicus II and Katarina got off their seats and went back to the airport, Katarina almost tripping on one of the Lodjans dress again on the way.