Author Topic: The Bene Gesserit AMA  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
The Bene Gesserit AMA
« on: April 21, 2019, 10:55:09 PM »
A weekly[1] interactive web chat with leading members of the Bene Gesserit faith both from Seitch and around the world.

This week we have three Bene Gesserit sisters answering questions for our viewers. First up we have Stacey Bradshaw, a corporal in the Truthsayers she was educated in the Lifeboat Chapterhouse in Achkaerin and was among the first of the non-Kaitaine born Truthsayers to enter the Holy City of Seitch. Since then she's become a bit of a star on social media earning hundreds of thousands of followers and posting regular stories on instagram giving insights into daily life in the Holy City of Seitch.

Joining her on this weeks panel is 17 year old Football star, Captain of the Theocracy of Kaitaine's womens football team. Daisy Collins lead the team to a 3-0 defeat in their first ever international played against Tamora. When not representing her nation on the sporting field she is a student at the Lifeboat Chapterhouse in Cantabria and is hoping in the future to join the Truthsayers and says her dream is to captian the Theocracy for a game in Arrakken.

Finally we have Abigail Atredies joining us from Tamora. The wife of of Verspasian Atreides, heir to the Atreides Dukedom and first ever ambassador appointed by the Reverned Mother. She is 25 years old, a graduate of the Achkaerin Lifeboat Chapterhouse school and graduated as a Holy Mother before being married to the future Duke. She is currently residing at the new embassy in Tamora and plans of building a Missionara library there.

We welcome questions from news sources around the world, government officials or just interested members of the public. I know open the floor.....or should I say the web chat to anyone who has a question.
 1. or whenever I can be bothered to run one

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: The Bene Gesserit AMA
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 06:08:27 PM »
Nesa Vikaji, journalist TINS, Empire of Tamora – question for Ms. Abigail Atredies:

“These is a famous quote in the Book of Mani telling us to not ask foreigners what they like about us but what they dislike . So Ms. Atredies, you’ve been staying in Tamora for a little while now, what are a couple of things that you do not like or are bothered by when it comes to Tamora?"

Sarina Pirgeibi, citizen – mother of three, Empire of Tamora – question for Ms. Stacey Bradshaw:

“ Do you ever have second thoughts about what you do? You come from Achkaerin where your where born to Kaitaine which is a country you at best have a cultural connection or at worst only know from books and you fight against the local population. My husband is a soldier, and I wouldn’t appreciate it if the descendants of Tamoran emigrants would come to Tamora to impose their way on us. Wouldn’t it be better if you returned to Achkaerin ?"

Azad Arak, Ayatollah  and university professor- Empire of Tamora- question for Ms. Daisy Collins:

“The Bene Gesserit faith is spread all over Mundus, you have special girls’ school in four different countries and you are struggling to free your homeland  for so long. In your opinion, since the Bene Gesserit was forced into exile by the Soviets and until today, what nation, organization or non Bene Gesserit individual was in your opinion the most helpful to the cause of your faith ?"

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 10:46:47 PM »
Nesa Vikaji, journalist TINS, Empire of Tamora – question for Ms. Abigail Atredies:

“These is a famous quote in the Book of Mani telling us to not ask foreigners what they like about us but what they dislike . So Ms. Atredies, you’ve been staying in Tamora for a little while now, what are a couple of things that you do not like or are bothered by when it comes to Tamora?"

Well for a start there is the heat, I was born and grew up in Achkaerin and its northern position in the world means it pretty much colder than Tamora. I know those of us in the Bene Gesserit faith talk about being desert people but I think whatever gene helps you cope with that heat missed me out. I suspect though its something that will soon come back to me. The only other thing has been how long it takes to get anywhere. There has been rather a lot of interest in what we're doing here and I think we obviously stand out compared to the locals, if we leave the embassy you get spotted and tend to have to take an extra 10-15 minutes just chatting with people. My husband often complains about me being late for things and that's certainly something that has got worse living in Tamora. You just didn't get that level of interest in talking with us in Achkaerin.

Sarina Pirgeibi, citizen – mother of three, Empire of Tamora – question for Ms. Stacey Bradshaw:

“ Do you ever have second thoughts about what you do? You come from Achkaerin where your where born to Kaitaine which is a country you at best have a cultural connection or at worst only know from books and you fight against the local population. My husband is a soldier, and I wouldn’t appreciate it if the descendants of Tamoran emigrants would come to Tamora to impose their way on us. Wouldn’t it be better if you returned to Achkaerin ?"

I think this is best explained using an analogy that a Missonara friend of mine uses. A salmon is born in freshwater, it never meets its parents yet it knows without question that its home is the saltwater of the ocean. I suspect that is like us, we are desert people drawn to Shai Halud and we all know he wanders the deep desert of Kaitaine. You ask about us fighting against the local population, everyday we see brave people risking the journey to Seitch, more and more can not make the journey. We hear constantly of KDF officers and soldiers carrying out acts against the KDF. We are the local population and we shall do all we can to ensure that population is free. You ask about us imposing a way on someone, that is not what a Truthsayer does, a Truthsayer creates an environment where the Truth can be sought. We welcome diversity, we welcome the new, the Soviets seek to suppress it by imposing their way, we seek to unimpose things on the locals."

Azad Arak, Ayatollah  and university professor- Empire of Tamora- question for Ms. Daisy Collins:

“The Bene Gesserit faith is spread all over Mundus, you have special girls’ school in four different countries and you are struggling to free your homeland  for so long. In your opinion, since the Bene Gesserit was forced into exile by the Soviets and until today, what nation, organization or non Bene Gesserit individual was in your opinion the most helpful to the cause of your faith ?"
[/quote]

That's hard to answer, you see until we came out so to speak almost two years ago we had to hide who we are. Since we kind of made our announcement its been great that the nations where the schools are have accepted us, there was a fear they'd shut the schools down. To now have a handful of nations, your own included, recognise the Theocracy is also a big moral support for the faith, and more importantly those in Seitch. We're just a people who want to be permitted to live in the lands of our ancestors and follow our faith, its not a lot to ask. For now though we just need to be thankful to the Cenneg, the Cantabrians, Achkaerin and Tamora for giving us oppurtunities to in small ways live out that hope.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 08:33:47 PM »
ooc: I hope you don't mind me asking three more. If you do, feel free to ignore them.

Mani Panahi, Imam, Empire of Tamora – question for Ms. Stacey Bradshaw:
“What wouldn’t you be willing to do liberate your country? What is the line you would not cross and would rather meet your maker holding your head up for having followed His laws rather than succumb to the temptation to sacrifice all morality in order to reach your goal?”

Roya Eftekhar, teacher, Empire of Tamora, question for Ms. Abigail Atredies:
“Many people all over Mundus expected to see the Theocracy take a stand over the declration of indepenece by the water nomads. Why do you think the Theocracy remained silent on the issue?

“You have been gracious in answering a question already I hope I do not abuse of your generosity by asking another. Your religious leader has formally apologized for the Morelander nuclear waste incident in an effort to improve relations with East Moreland. I have not seen the Morelanders publicly answer. Is the Theocracy engaged in more discrete talks with the Morelanders that could see the relations improve or have the Morelanders been silent so far?”