Roleplay > Press Offices

Imperial Rokkenjiman Office of the Press

(1/27) > >>

Beatrice:

Imperial Rokkenjiman Office of the Press

Tomeka Araya, Imperial Media Liaison
Greetings and welcome to the Imperial Rokkenjiman Office of the Press or, for short, the Imperial Press Office.

All inquiries for members of the Imperial Government shall be welcomed and, from time to time, the opinions and statements of government members will be released here for dissemination to the international press.

Beatrice:
Pyrena Castle
Office of the Imperial Media Liaison
For Immediate Release September 2, 2017
Statement From Empress Evanthe On Lakhzovia

It is highly concerning to me that Maj.-Gen Haleva believes that Rokkenjima, a treatied ally of Lakhzovia, has been working to undermine the Lakhzov State. These statements could not be further from the truth, as Rokkenjima has stated its position clearly before the Commonwealth Treaty Organisation. This is a position which I have further made clear, at great length, in my Statements on the brewing crisis in Lakhzovia. At present, and at no time in the past, has the First Empire conducted operations geared toward supporting an 'infrastructure of opposition' towards the rightful government of Lakhzovia. Indeed, the First Empire has endeavoured to see faith restored in the Lakhzov Government following the Election Crisis, offering a hand of partnership to our Lakhzov friends and allies.

In the international arena Rokkenjima has made clear that the Utman Crisis is one which must be resolved with a strong voice representing Lakhzovia. As a matter of the internal stability of Lakhzovia, I have made our support clear. However, with the lack of meaningful developments in the joint crises in Lakhzovia I have also made clear that our patience is not infinite. If we are to be of assistance to our allies we must see progress, initiative and dedication towards a resolution on their part.

The recent test of a Mk II thermobaric warhead is a routine test of the thermobaric arsenal to ensure the continued potency and operational state of the arsenal. I have spoken with Marshal Admiral Cole regarding statements he made in apparent connection to Lakhzovia and it is our mutual understanding that such statements do not serve the best interests of our mutual concerns.

Rokkenjima will continue to offer its support to our Lakhzov allies, however, we must see greater action and determination from Nakim if we should hope to see these crises brought to resolution. One cannot assist another who is unwilling to heed the advice of their allies or, worse, look for enemies amongst their allies. The disconnect between Pyrettania and Nakim must be bridged, lest an outcome all of us wish to prevent is realized before our eyes. I remain faithful that my words shall not be wasted breath, and that our friends in Nakim will address with haste and wisdom the challenges which stand before us.

Beatrice:
Pyrena Castle
For Immediate Release October 23, 2017
Subsidiary Diplomatic Offices

As announced by Her Imperial Majesty, the Empress Evanthe, the Imperial Diplomatic Corps is seeking a location in Albion for a subsidiary Office of Albion Affairs. This location will serve as a hub for Rokkenjiman diplomatic efforts and engagement with the nations of Albion while providing a host of embassy services to Rokkenjiman and Cross-Straits citizens. Suitable locations include those with well developed utility services, including high-speed Internet and telecommunications infrastructure, with an international airport within a forty-five minute drive of the location. The Subsidiary Office will also look to the local populace for certain staffing needs and will establish contracts with local businesses for the provision of services required by/at the Office. The IDC will consider all proposals put forth and looks to build a long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationship with our host nation.

Furthermore, the IDC is seeking a location in Ardia for a Subsidiary Office of Ardian Affairs. Due to the vast nature of Ardia the IDC has deemed it in the interests of efficiency that a Satellite Office be established elsewhere in Ardia. Suitable locations include those with well developed utility services, including high-speed Internet and telecommunications infrastructure, with an international airport within a forty-five minute drive of the location. The Subsidiary Office will also look to the local populace for certain staffing needs and will establish contracts with local businesses for the provision of services required by/at the Office. The IDC ideally desires a location in Western Ardia, however, all proposals put forth will be considered.

Proposals may be forwarded to the Imperial Diplomatic Corps for review along with any inquires interested parties may have.

Beatrice:
Pyrena Castle
For Immediate Release November 3, 2017
Statement From Empress Evanthe On The Pyrettania-Nakim Accord

While the Pyrettania-Nakim Accord has certainly faced several challenges in recent history thus far we have seen neither the First Empire nor the Lakhzov Republic rescind the Accord. This gives me hope that, together, we may work to rebuild relations between our nations while working together with concerned international parties to bring the crisis in Lakhzovia to a peaceful and lasting resolution.

We have seen certain states threaten the Lakhzov Republic, such as Arstotzka, with unilateral military action. This is a development which the First Empire views with great dismay and disappointment, as well as one which threatens ongoing efforts to diffuse the situation within Lakhzovia.

I strongly encourage our Arstotzkan partners and allies to disavow any intention or policy which would see Arstotzka commit to unilateral military actions against Lakhzovia, as such a development would bring Rokkenjima into a position where it would be bound to honour the Defence clauses of the Pyrettania-Nakim Accord in all but very few circumstances. Arstotzkan threats against the Lakhzov Republic introduce an unnecessary element of instability in an already inherently unstable situation and increase the risks for miscalculation.

If Arstotzka wishes to be a partner in a lasting solution I guide them to the ongoing efforts of the international community, which Lakhzovia is engaged with at present, as the best path forward to resolving the crisis in Lakhzovia and ensuring lasting stability throughout Cotf Aranye.

Beatrice:
Pyrena Castle
For Immediate Release February 16, 2018
Statement From Empress Evanthe On Bene Gesserit

Following a closed session of the Imperial Council it has been determined that the Bene Gesserit faith does indeed meet the merits for official recognition by the Imperial Government. This is a status which is extended to a plethora of faiths and allows the Bene Gesserit to rightly exercise the rights and protections afforded to recognized religions throughout the First Empire. I am confident that the responsibilities which come with this extension of recognition will be adhered to and welcome Bene Gesserit faithful to reside within Rokkenjima and pursue a life free of religious persecution. This extension of official recognition follows similar moves in the Eccleastical State, Achkaerin and Ui Cenneslaig.

While I understand the concerns presented by our Morelander allies we must recognize that the whole of the Bene Gesserit faith cannot, nor should they, be held responsible for the reprehensible actions of a few. Responding to terrorism with persecution and discrimination merely provides those who hold malice in their hearts valuable ammunition, furthering the cycle of radicalization which fuels terrorism. Much like the millions of peaceful adherents of faiths across Mundus it is my belief that the majority of Bene Gesserit faithful merely desire that which we all take for granted: to live in peace.

In times past the Rosari Faith was recognized as a 'force of insurgency which threatens the national unity of Rokkenjima', a position put forward by successive Republican administrations as they attempted the complete annihilation of Rokkenjima's native culture and traditions. Rosari Faithful ventured out from Rokkenjima finding refuge in nations such as Dartfordia, Seaforth and Elpidia, while many more remained in Rokkenjima and fought alongside the Free Rokkenjiman Army to bring Rokkenjima back under the control of her People. Just as foreign powers lent their aid to Rokkenjimans in their hour of need so too shall this First Empire open her doors to those fleeing persecution, pursuing the dream of freedom and a better life for themselves and their families.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version