Author Topic: A Letter to the CETO - AOC  (Read 1857 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
A Letter to the CETO - AOC
« on: March 16, 2020, 04:27:56 PM »

To the Membership of the Cultural Exchange Treaty Organisation:

Approximately three weeks ago a group of Achkaerinese archaeologists led by Melanie Bell discovered the resting place of a long lost relic important to several other faiths - the Ark of the Covenant[1]. The Ark was discovered in Phuebra following an extensive investigation stretching from Abydos to Vanora, Tamora, Royal Seleucid and eventually Phuebra. With the approval of the Phuebran Government the Ark was handed over to the archaeologists for examination and authentication, this having been done it can now be said that it is the genuine article. As such I now in accordance with article three of the CETO charter seek the approval of the panel of scholars to return to the nation of origin this artefact if that nation wants it.[2]

Signed

Doctor Donna Steele
Achkaerin Representative to the CETO
 1. OOC - Bear in mind that discovery of the Ark does not prove anything beyond its own existence from a story perspective.
 2. I believe this would be Vanora however I will defer to Dave as RP Mod.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: A Letter to the CETO - AOC
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 01:10:45 AM »
To:- Dr.Steele

While I would not stand in the way of the return of this artefact it is my opinion that the approval of this organisation is not needed at this time. If Pheubra as the nation of discovery are happy for the item to be returned to its nation of origin, in this case Vanora, then there is no dispute and we are not needed. The letter sent though does raise some concerns as to the entry of the artefact in official records. While the discovery is an impressive one and Melanie Bell and her team are to be commended it would be a mistake to say this was THE Ark of the Covenant rather than an Ark.

As far as East Moreland is concerned we shall not in anyway stand in the way of this transfer taking place and welcome the spirit of co-operation that has taken place.

Dr.Merriman