Roleplay > International News Networks

Gairm Nan Gaidheal

<< < (2/10) > >>

KrisNord:

KING RECOGNISES BENE GESSERIT AS A RELIGION AMID SCHOOL INSPECTION
King Finley today made a surprise visit to the recently scrutinised Chapterhouse Lifeboat school in Claith, the school is part of a chain of schools across Mundus which has recently been targeted by a terrorist attack. The attack cast light on the school potentially being connected to the faith, of which very little concrete is known. The King made the announcement in person saying.

"During our inspections of the school, designed to ensure that the young ladies learning there had a safe and constructive environment, it came to our attention that the school shared an ethos governed by the Bene Gesserit faith. Over the last few weeks our teams have looked hard into what this actually means and they are confident, and in turn so am I that this faith is not one we should fear. It is one we shall have to learn more about as it is clear a sizeable but small community of the faith have made Ui Cenneslaig their home. We recognise that the faith grew out of Kaitaine, a region our ancient Celtic ancestors sought to colonise many many centuries, even longer, ago, and as such its as much part of Celtic history as my own Pagan faith. As such I am granting it status as a recognised religion, with all the rights and of course responsibilities that this brings. The school shall be continually monitored and supported by our security services, no student should be targeted for any reason and I will not allow that in my country. I wish to reassure my friends in East Moreland that the school is in no way connected to those deviants who sought to attack your nation, we stand as ever committed to our alliance through the CNN and I would like to offer any Morelander official an invitation to visit the school alongside my inpsection teams. The schools benefactor, Mr. Niklaus O'Hogan, whose great grandfather established the chain, is of the Bene Gesserit faith and sees Ui Cenneslaig, with its Celtic heritage as the right place to centre his school to keep his persecuted religion alive, this is a testimony to our nations tolerant and loving attitude towards all."

It has not yet been confirmed whether the other three schools share the Bene Gesserit faith nor is it possible to confirm how many Bene Gesserit live in Ui Cenneslaig, however the number is estimated at around 100,000, many of whom are descendants of political refugees from the Communist invasion of Kaitaine which established the government that exists still today.

KrisNord:

NATION CELEBRATRES IMBLOC. KING ADDRESSES NATION
Towns and villages across the nation, and the Celtic Pagan world have celebrated Imbloc the  traditional festival marking the beginning of spring. Across the Kingdom people spent the day preparing giants dolls of the Goddess Brigid which were paraded through their home areas before being grouped together and burnt to symbolise the return of light and warmth to the world made possible by the Goddess. The day also see's celebration among the Celtic Christians who believe that the day is St. Birgit's day, someone historians suggest had been chief druid at the temple of the goddess Brigid, and was responsible for converting it into a Christian monastery. After her death, the name and characteristics of the goddess became attached to the saint. The Christian minority celebrated by first going to Church, making Brigid crosses from fresh grown grass and then joining in the Imbloc bonfires.

The Royal Family partook of the celebration by inviting their local community near their Alladale Estate to a feast. Around 200 villages and a further 100 or so invited guests, mainly Ambassadors attended to witness King Finley carrying a home made doll of Brigid that he and his son had made. This joined around fifty other dolls to be burnt as pipes and drums played, drink flowed and songs sung. One of the invited guests was the East Moreland ambassador Sir Edward Francis who described the event as "a wondrous evening of warmth and friendship."

As is traditional at 1pm the King took to the television to address the nation.

--- Quote from: King's Speech ---I wish my Pagan friends a happy Imbolc and my Christian neighbours a blessed day. I believe Imbolc here in Ui Cenneslaig is a fine example to the world, here we have two religions that have clashed, fought and disagreed so much through history, yet here on this night we come together, eat, drink and share songs, united as one nation.

Imbolc is a time where we prepare for the good times ahead, but we should not forget the hardships behind us. Currently we have men and women on peacekeeping duty in Lakhzovia who can not light their fires, we will raise a glass to them as wish them a swift return home. It is vital that in the days ahead the CTO, with whom we have agreed a course of action, must now back up what words they have used with action. That organisation lay in the mud after recent actions and this was a golden chance for them to pick themselves up, dust themselves down and make a difference, I fear however we see once more the nation of East Moreland, our dear friends, shouldering those efforts. The new life that organisation needs must come now as surely as the weeks ahead will see the first Snowdrop flower.

This time of year is all about birth, I eagerly await saying hello to my third child, but that is still several months away. The lambs in the field will soon be with us and a new green world will emerge from the darkness of the winter. This time of rebirth will see our friends in Lodja have their Queen reborn, and I wish the new Queen there well and look forward to meeting her in person soon. We also have the rebirth of Ardian friendship, I hope to be able to confirm in the coming days a programme to connect the continent more rapidly making travel far speedier and easier for all, opening new markets to our nation.

Finally Imbolc brings a chance for a new beginning, wrongs can be righted in the year ahead. With that in mind I will be soon working on a programme of introducing Bene Gesserit involvement in our government. It has always been a policy that any faith with representation in our nation is permitted a number of seats in council. We have Pagan, Odinist, Celtic Christian, Catholic, Jews, Muslims, even a member of the Cult of Helus  on our Council. I will begin work with Niklaus O'Hogan, or to use his rightful Bene Gesserit name Niklaus Corrino, an upstanding Cenneg citizen and leading member of the formerly hidden Bene Gesserit community, to formulate just such measures. The world need not fear this faith, I believe I have had more interaction with it than any other and I am confident they are not the terrorists Kaitaine paints them to be. Like any faith, my own included, there are violent outsiders using the faith for there own means, but in the short time I have known members of this faith I have found them to be keen to learn, happy to teach, kind of heart and wise of word. I look forward to them blossoming in the same way the beautiful Snowdrop pushes through the last of the winter snow.

May the Goddess bless each of you.

--- End quote ---

KrisNord:

]

NATION CELEBRATES EYVIND KINNRIF DAY
Celtic Pagans around the country have today celebrated Eyvind Kinnrif Day. The festival celebrates the life and subsequent martyrdom of Pagan priest Eyvind Kinnrif who was brutally murdered by Christian extremists because he refused to renounce his Pagan religion. Each year Celtic Pagans across Mundus come together to celebrate their faith and ask to be given a strength similar to him. The day has come to be used as a reminder to Celtic Pagans of the need to be strong in their faith and stay true to their traditions.

The day began with an early morning parade of two Army units, The McKinley Highlanders and the Logan Kerns, two units who have traditionally recruited only Pagans. These units, accompanied by pipers, marched through the capital visiting three major Temples on their route, they also passed three Churches and as they passed the pipes fell silent. The King received a royal salute at the Palace before joining with members of the Pagan community in the palace grounds for a memorial service where a new tree was planted dedicated to Kinnrif. In the early afternoon a great festival started in Claith with musicians performing traditional songs and dancers performing ceremonial steps. The streets were lined with hundreds of thousands who came to celebrate, many wearing traditional Cenneg attire.

At sunset, the time stories say Kinnrif was murdered the King addressed the people from the Palace.

--- Quote from: Finley ---
Today we have come together with our brothers and sisters in Cantabria to remember the awful murder of a Holy man at the hands of an extremist. Our nation became stronger when Kinnrif was murdered, not because in fear we embraced the faith his executioners wished us to, but because despite the hardships that were to come we stayed true to what made us who we are, the Celts. I had been contacted about a potential Celtic alliance and had invited both Somerset and Irishar to join us, and unite all Celts in celebration of our ancient ways. Yes I realise these two do not share our Celtic Pagan belief anymore, but it was this faith that created many of the traditions and symbols that we today use to identify ourselves as Celts. As my friend King David of East Morleand is fond of saying, "To understand our today we must look to the past." and in this case we look to Kinnrif and his bravery, a fine example to all. But things change, in the aftermath of Kinnrif's murder, for that is what it is, there was revenge taken on Christian communities, however in the years and centuries that followed thankfully our communities have began to live side by side, then thrived, today we stand as one nation regardless of faith, but ever mindful we are Celts first. I am saddened that Somerset and Irishar did not see fit to accept our invitation to come, see our land, enjoy our party and the like, but my door remains open"

--- End quote ---

Sadly as always there was some anti-Christian attacks by a minority. Three people were arrested at Claith Cathedral for throwing blood at a Priest. They will stand trial in the morning for assault.

KrisNord:

NIKLAUS O'HOGAN (CORRINO) BECOMES MEMBER OF ROYAL COUNCIL
Influential Cenneg businessman, and recently confessed Bene Gesserit Niklaus O'Hogan, who is actually called Niklaus Corrino, has been given a place on the royal council. The move comes following consultation between the King and several key members of the Bene Gesserit community. It was fuelled by the King's determination to have a diverse group of councillors from all religious backgrounds. This makes Corrino the first Bene Gesserit to serve on the council openly. The King confirmed the decision saying, "Niklaus has been a key person within the nations business world for a while, his philanthropy is well recorded and he has used his considerable wealth to support a whole host of good causes." The new councillor will be sworn in one Friday and will likely be given a portfolio including helping support business and enterprise. ]

Niklaus Corrino released a statement saying he was "Honoured to be allowed to serve a nation that I have been welcomed and protected by. It is my hope that I can continue to work to support Ui Cenneslaig to become even greater than it is now."

KrisNord:

KING FINLEY OFFERS TO SELL SHIP TO SEAFORTH
Following a surprise edition of the SNN the King of Ui Cennesliag, Finley Ó Séaghdha, has offered to sell the ailing nation a ship. The King's rather bizarre offer was explained by the King's brother Prince Lennox who was back in Claith on a rare visit from his duties in Lodja as Ambassador to Albion. "This seems odd, we have a nation that has suffered greatly but my brother offers them one of our old warship The Aid Ollain but its far from crazy. The nation of Seaforth is a proud Celtic nation, making them our kin, they do not need charity as they are strong spirited like all Celts and will stand proudly on their own two feet. As such I suspect they'll be keen to not rely on the charity of others and be seen as needy, and beside every nation likes a navy. With that in mind the offer of buying our retiring ship for $1, along with all the supplies onboard is them helping themselves. It is a ship that still has many years left ahead of her but as we trim our Navy has become un-needed. We would therefore be willing to get the vessel underway by the weekend, and if Seaforth permitted its 300 man crew would appreciate some shore leave once they arrive and I'm sure they'd be delighted to enjoy the delights of Seaforth."

King Finley later in the day spoke to the press himself and said, "This is an arms sale, one nation to another, nothing more. Seaforth are a nation with a proud military tradition and the Aid Ollain can add to that and do them proud." The King also let slip that he would be extending an invite to Seaforth to revisit the recently failed Celtic Alliance. "We had a great opportunity, Irishar backed away, as did Somerset, ourselves, Cantabria and hopefully Seaforth can make this a go and celebrate our shared heritage."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version