Author Topic: Rugby World Cup 2021 - OOC Signups  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Rugby World Cup 2021 - OOC Signups
« on: February 09, 2021, 11:05:09 PM »
Rugby World Cup 2021

Back for the sixth time is the Mundus Rugby World Cup (which is most likely the most hotly contested trophy on Mundus). Last tournament saw Achkaerin win their first World Cup defeating defending champions the Iwi in the final, will the plucky underdogs triumph again? Will the Iwi regain their crown? Will the Honeybadgers win their third world crown?

Ok serious stuff, as per the usual sports sign ups state in this thread if you want to enter your nation into this - all hosting bids to be posted by the 19th of February please, following which there'll be a vote for hosting which I'll explain if one is needed. The full explanation of the bidding process is below. If no one bids we're going to an NPC nation.

Bidding Process

The bidding process requires nations wishing to host to submit requested information, what information is dependent on the event in question. There will be a deadline set for bid submissions. any bids entered after that date will not be considered unless the vote has not opened. As you can probably guess from that sentence once bidding closes there will be a vote conducted by vote this will not be in the form of a poll but in the form of a post in this topic (this is to ensure fairness of the vote). Importantly I want to make clear that as I for the purposes of sport effectively play the governing bodies (in this instance Mundus International Rugby Confederation or MIRC) and I generally everyone to be a member, nations can protest bids, but please if doing so make it about something not just 'my nation does not like the bidding nation'. Also I reserve the right to invalidate a hosting bid if it would place competitors at risk  which I generally take to mean nowhere where there is a civil war or large scale civil unrest.

So with that in mind the following is the criteria for the Rugby World Cup bids
  • A minimum list of eight stadia- you are expected to include the capacity of these venues at least one stadium must have a minimum capacity of 80,000 (for the final) and at least two must have capacity's of 70,000
  • Name of the Main TV Rights Holder (For example Tytorian News Service or EMTV)
  • Information relating to accommodation for teams and supporters.
  • Importantly a written letter signed by a ranking member of your government stating that they will provide safe venues and protective services for all athletes and staff no matter which nation they hail from. (No refusing entry to a nation or holding people prisoner because you don't get along in RP with their nation).

Also a word of advice to those wishing to host. It has been brought to my attention that we've had an awful lot of "Image Parade Bids" of late i.e. bids which amount to venue pictures and a fairly generic letter. Therefore I strongly encourage all those who wish to host this competition to "Sell" their nations in terms of why they are the best host for it and to think about the legacy factor i.e. what will the lasting impact of your nation hosting the tournament be?

Final note I am (particularly after the last one of these) limiting the number of tournaments to 32 nations if we get more than 32 nations then a qualification round will need to be held which I will explain if we get far. The participants shall be listed here, I have got Ben's OOC permission to enter the Iwi into sporting events in his absence.

Participants
  • Achkaerin
  • Iwi
  • East Moreland
  • Royal Seleucid
  • Jugland
  • Tytor
  • Centralia
  • Lijiang
  • Fleur
  • Argemonto
  • Ikhan
  • Elania
  • Tamora
  • Kaedwen
  • Merina
  • Quintelia
  • Bakkermaya
  • Drenova
  • Lodja
  • Kaitaine
  • Vaguzia
  • Seaforth
  • Zimalia
  • Safraen

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: Rugby World Cup 2021 - OOC Signups
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 11:07:34 PM »
Add the MIGHTY Honeybadgers and the very very poor Royal Seleucid team

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 11:57:06 PM »

Jugland would be interested to participate as well.

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 09:40:01 AM »
Centralia and Tytor will participate.  If there is room, Floodwater will participate as well as a separate team.
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lijiang
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 09:49:11 AM »
Lijiang will take part (badly) and I'm going to speak to Dave and Tamora about how to write a bid and may bring you all to the Majestic Empire for some Handegg

Offline Comrade Kermit

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Argemonto
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 04:52:27 PM »
Argemonto would like to participate

La Popola Respubliko de Argemonto
The People's Republic of Argemonto

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 07:06:53 PM »
Ikhan will participate

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2021, 08:29:39 PM »
Elania and Tamora will take part. If there are too many teams you can drop Tamora.

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lijiang
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2021, 10:05:19 PM »

To:- The Esteemed Membership of the Mundus International Rugby Confederation

Despite the sport of rugby being relatively small scale in Lijiang we are a nation that values athletic skill and endeavour. Having recently ended 120 years of mourning it is important to us that we effectively relaunch our nation on an international field with both becoming a friend to many nations across Mundus as well as inviting the world to once more come and visit the Majestic Empire. With this in mind selected Lijiang as the destination for the Rugby World Cup is a positive for the Empire, for the competators and for the sport of rugby. Hosting the competition would allow us to welcome the world and they are assured of great welcomes from people keen to become part of Mundus again. The sport of rugby will be introduced to a new audience hopefully ensuring your sport grows globally.

Naturally we shall endeavour to make sure all those representing their nations are given the best possible conditions to achieve great performances. We shall ensure all fans, regardless of nation, are able to enjoy the games in comfort and safety and we will ensure each team are given both their own security detail as well as cultural adviser and translator.

We are confident that a Rugby World Cup in Lijiang would be truly Majestic.

Blessings of the Dragons

His Excellency High Councillor the Lord Kexing

Please find attached a list of the venues that will, if selected, host games for the tournament.

ProvinceStadiumAccommodation
ShèngdiànThe Dragon Stadium
82,000 all seater

The Summer Garden Complex. A series of former lodges spread through a huge royal park. In total room for around 300 people with nearby hotels if needed.
LóngzuiRiver Park
73,500 all seater

The River Complex. One of the more modern resort hotels in the Empire. Its usually popular with wealthy tourists from within the Empire but now it will house the top rugby players from across Mundus.
GāodìSky Arena
72,000 all seater

The Provincial University. The students accommodation is top notch and will be used to accommodate the competitors and there teams in a large parkland environment.
HézhunHézhun District 4 Arena
15,800 all seater

The Silk Spa. A traditional Lijiang spa resort that has been active for 500 years. It has now become a modern recreational resort. It will provide the athletes with relaxing surroundings and privacy.
HohotThe Blue Stadium
18,800 all seater

Hifaern was a small purpose built town in the Province which was never utilised. It was designed for the wealthy middle class and its homes will be opened up and utilised as accomodation.
HuīyánThe Two Moon Arena
17,800 all seater

The Huīyán Pasture is a series of interconnected former farm buildings now converted into a luxury holiday park. It features a combination of traditional Lijiang spa facilities and modern holiday relaxation.
RizhaoThe Flower
46,000 all seater

The Rizhao Provincial University is a modern university campus with all the amenities a top class sportsman would need.
MùgǔThe Forest Heart Arena
37,800 all seater

The Forest towers are a pair of high raise hotels in the Provinces ample forests. Tucked among the trees are a variety of spa facilities and leisure activities.

The TV production shall be handled by the Imperial Broadcasting Network with support from the team at RSTV who successfully produced the recent Mundus Games.

Offline Dijel

• Basically New Zealand
  • Here we go again, baby!
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Republic of Kaedwen // The Commonwealth of Merina
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 11:01:22 AM »
Kaedwen will take part. And, if there's room for a wild pick out of the left field, so too will a (unified) Merinan team.

Potentially considering a competing host bid from Kaedwen... maybe :P

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 08:27:09 PM »
Bidding deadline now reached, there's only one bid so...I'll see you all in Lijiang

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2021, 12:14:52 PM »
Quintelia will participate

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2021, 07:40:45 PM »
Include Bakkermaya and Drenovia please

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2021, 08:46:47 PM »
Lodja and Soviet Kaitaine will attend

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2021, 08:33:00 PM »
sign up's closed Lijiang, you may post the IC topic (basically do some sort of opening ceremony) when you're ready.