Roleplay > Vignettes

The Three Horsemen

(1/4) > >>

paralipomena:
Lake Escarion, Ohara Island

“That’s not fair!”, Eya said.

“You must understand”, Ocha’a tried to argue, “Your father and I, we haven’t another option. Things are not going well lately”.

"You promised me that you were going to help me", Eya argued. "And now, you have sent the same amount to Ebalé!".

"We said that we were going to do all we could", Oyono intervened. "However, things have changed. Your brother needs that money".

"Don't you think that you have already helped him enough?", Eya replied, while her mother was trying to hold her back. "What about me? Am I going to remain here?".

"Your brother is the future of our family", Oyono argued, "whatever you understand it or not. And now let me rest, I have to leave this midnight".

"I do not wish to get trapped here for long", Eya complained. "Liza is living in Enmedyè and she told me she know some place where I could stay for a while".

"There is no way that we will allow you to move there alone!", Ocha'a interrupted her.

"You should prepare to get marry soon", Oyono said, "you are already old enough after all".

"Now", he added before she had time to reply, "go back to the shop, clients may be waiting".

"Sure...", an annoyed Eya replied.

paralipomena:
Spoiler: showFor more context, see: https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=2316.0

Djabidjan City

"Good morning", Tieu said as soon as he was announced.

"Welcome", Min replied, invited Deputy First Secretary Tieu to sit down. "How are you doing?".

"I'm fine, thank you", Tieu replied. "I hope you are not too busy".

"We are", Min answered. "We have many things to do until the Premier returns from Hyeoul tonight".

"I see", Tieu replied. "We are very busy in the Secretariat as well. I actually just came from visiting Major Arendse from the State Department".

"Oh?", Min asked, "...the State Department?".

"Yes", Tieu, "we are probably organizing an extraordinary congress soon, and although it was not officially announced yet, we have to work out the security".

"Ah, yes", Min replied without much interest. "I understand".

"Are there news from the Ministry...", Tieu inquired, "if I can ask?".

"Nothing special I'd say", Min replied. "I guess the Premier wants to advance already initiated projects before his candidacy is announced soon. After all, it is not a long time until November".

"That's true", Tieu replied. "Do you know if he is officially working with Minister Dan?".

"Minister Dan", Min asked. "What do you mean?".

"As you know", Tieu explained, "he is the second most senior member of the government. I could work along him when I joined the Ministry of State Administration. However, I was never close to him. But we heard rumours that his has ambitions to become Premier or even the party leadership, as he has many closer associates and acquaintances from his time on the government, of course. Obviously, I tell you this confidentiality".

"I'm not surprised...", Min replied, "...but I haven't heard about it".

"I see!", Tieu replied. "I'm surprised to hear that. But who knows. Obviously, Minister Dan was previously First Secretary for almost a decade, as you may know, so they may operate differently. Not sure if such move can be successful, but I guess why he would be doing that".

"Uhm...", Min simply added, not sure if he was losing the plot.

"I always felt that Presidency is not just an executive position, but a symbolical one, as head of the nation, after all", Tieu explained. "For the unity of the nation and social cohesion, I feel it would be natural that the presidency is under a member of the larger social group. Not as a form of social hiearchy, of course, but as a symbol of the relations between the groups and nationalities that form our nation. This shouldn't apply to the rest of the government, of course, where positions should be established in a more rational way, considering both social cohesion and merit, of course".

"That's...", Min replied, "...something that I have always thought, indeed. Although something that it may not be polite to say loudly".

"I understand", Tieu said with a smile. "But giving the current circumstances, stability should be a priority".

"By the way", Tieu continued, "what to do you plan about the coming festivity?".

"Not sure", Min asked, surprised. "Why?".

"Oh", Tieu replied, "it's just that, as you may understand, tough and busy weeks may come soon. I recommend you to take a few free days, if that would be possible. Maybe relaxing one or two days in Hyeoul. Just as an advice, of course".

"Ah, I see", Min replied. "I may consider it...thanks, Deputy First Secretary".

"It seems it's getting late and there are few calls I'll need to do", Tieu added. "I may see you soon. Good luck". Min saw Tieu leaving the office, without moving from his chair and without saying anything.

paralipomena:

Djabidjan City

"Let's move, it's getting late", Yohannes said to the chauffeur.

"Yes, sir", Thanh replied. "It's getting dark. Are we going directly to your home?".

"I need to go to my sister's home, in Bahmum District", Yohannes answered.

"Yes, I know", Thanh replied. "We can arrive soon...", he added as he was interrupted by a huge noise, which forced him to try to control the car he was driving as much as possible.

"That sounded serious...", Yohannes said.

"Indeed, sir...", Thanh replied. "It looks like it came not too far from here. Maybe nearby the western district".

"Yes, I guess so...", Yohannes replied. "What if we do a small stop in the Surveillance Center, just to be sure before we continue, if you don't mind?", he asked while slowly caressing his own knuckles.

"No, sir", Thahn replied, while slowly changing the direction of the car. "I completely understand".

'This may be too much', Tieu thought, while he finished his cigar, 'what a mess'.

He left the phone to ring a few seconds more, until he decided to answer it. "Hello? Ah, it's you, Muong".

"Yes, I just saw it on TV....No, I was not able to speak with Thi Cam", he replied.

"Try to calm down, I can barely understand you...", he added.

"Yes, a tragedy...it certainly looks so", Tieu replied. "Listen, I'll call the Ministry and the White Tower security, they should know what's really going on. As we don't know right now what's going and if the situation is safe".

"Yes, yes...", Tieu added, slightly losing his patience. "When I am informed, I'll go to the nearby hospital. As soon as I can, I'll call you back".

"Indeed, I am as concerned as you are, indeed. But let's only to hope for the best. I'll call you later, Muong", he added before hanging up the phone, with a rather calm voice.

Hyeoul, central Djabidjan

"Oh my god", Hye-su said, while watching the live report on the TV. "This is a awful".

"Ah, yes", Min replied. "This looks...serious", he added.

"Wait", Hye-sud continued, "isn't this the event Soo-ah asked if we had been invited? They must be there! I need...", she said while looking for something inside in her purse".

"It's likely futile", Min replied. "The lines are likely overloaded. It's likely better if we wait a few minutes".

"Anyway, Soo-ah can't never miss anything", he added, almost whispering, "like a fly around the honey. Maybe it served her well for once...".

"How so?", Hye-su asked. "Only thinking we could be if you hadn't suddenly decided...".

"Why do you always need to overreact in every situation?", Min complained. "Right now, we can't make any difference from here, after all".

"I believed Deputy First Secretary Tieu mentioned me that he had to work until late this evening...", he added, "he may know what's going on. I'll call him in five minutes".

"I need a drink...", Hye-su simply replied.

"Not a bad idea", Min replied. "I'll let you know when I have any information. Don't disturb until then".

'How is it possible?', Min wondered while he was approaching his home office. 'May he be gone too. after all?'

paralipomena:

Pwenvèt Military Hospital, Djabidjan City

"Good morning, Deputy First Secretary, I did not expect your visit...", Hong Tae-woo said. "I was told about what happened...My most sincere condolences...", he added.

"Thank you", Deputy First Secretary Tieu replied, without barely changing his expression. "How are you doing today?".

"I'm fine I guess", Hong answered. "At least, considering the circumstances. I'll be getting the discharge this afternoon".

"It would be good to take a few days for relax a bit", Tieu said. "However, unfortunately we may not have too much time".

"In the current situation", Tieu continue, softly placing his right hand on Hong's shoulder, "we have important things to do. Everything may be a risk".

"Yes...", Hong replied. "I understand, of course".

"We'll have a meeting in a few days", Tieu said. "However, I don't think we should rush toward a wrong decision. More than ever, we need to act wisely".

"I count on you", Tieu said. "I leave you as you'd like to rest a bit. At a personal level, I'm going to be quite busy in the next hours, as you may understand".

"Yes, of course, Deputy First Secretary...", Hong replied. "I'll keep you informed as soon I came back to the office".

"By the way", Tieu added before leaving, "I'll send you some information I may need before the meeting. If you can, reply me as soon as it is possible. You can send it directly to the Secretariat".

"No problem", Hong replied. "I'll do what I can".

paralipomena:

Djabidjan City

"Have you been here for long?", Yohannes asked as soon as he entered the private lounge.

"A few hours", Tieu answered. "I can here when I new to disconnect a bit. This place belongs to my wife's cousin".

"Ah, I see", Yohannes replied, not sure what to add.

"Don't you think that was too much?", Tieu suddenly asked.

"I'm not sure what you are talking about...Deputy First Secretary", Yohannes answered.

"I was not born yesterday", Tieu coldly replied. "If you were being sincere, then you should be immediately fired, I'd say".

"Nevermind", Tieu continued, "what is done is done, so they say. But our country may be currently on the verge. We need to solve this situation soon".

"That's understandable, of course", Yohannes replied.

"How many people knows it?", Tieu asked. "You shouldn't trust anyone, did you hear me? Just a mistake and we would be worse than in the beginning, after all".

"You find whoever was behind this, you must understand", Tieu continued. "It's required to move without flaws, to find those poor souls by any means necessary".

"Of course, I will be working on that. No mistakes will be allowed", Yohannes replied. "However, the situation is not easy. As Vice Chairman, I have some obstacles. My hands are tie up regarding certain moves".

"I won't help you on that", Tieu said. "It's not an option. Just proceed smoothly as you can. I'll be the next weeks rather busy. It's not going to be easy so I'm not going to have time to do much else".

"So I wouldn't enjoy that anything else crumble while we work it out this situation", Tieu added.

"That's fair", Yohannes replied. "Give me a few days and it's done".

"I hope that's the case", Tieu said. "Let's hope that becomes a reality next time we may coincide".

"Anyway", Tieu added., would you like a drink?".

"No, thanks", Yohannes answered. "I need to return to the State Department".

"Alright", Tieu said, "I must return soon as well, there are some paperwork I need to finish back home".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version