Author Topic: Reinforcing Ties - the Fox and the Wolf  (Read 2906 times)

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Revana
Reinforcing Ties - the Fox and the Wolf
« on: September 21, 2021, 01:50:45 AM »
Evelyn made her way into her office after the very first meeting of the council since her assignment as Regent. She looked out of her window and sighed, watching the construction crews down near the city as they were beginning road construction.

"Great, now I get to drive through that for the next 10 years." She said with a chuckle, knowing she was the one who signed off on the infrastructure remodeling, making this her fault.

She turned from the window, and sitting down in her chair, prepared to start what would probably be the easiest part of her plans for Revana, talking to the Azurewinds.

-From the Desk of the Lady Regent-

Dear Uncle Peter,

Sorry about the super formal header, I got this new office and the dang program won't let me delete it. I'm sending you this to ask for a favor. I would like to set up a delegation between Revana and Achkaerin to make certain things official between us. While I'm fairly certain Achakerin would come to our aid if asked, and we'd do the same for you, I have been advised that with our recent drastic military downsizing, it would be prudent to make this relationship more evident to the rest of Mundus.
     So if this sounds agreeable to you, please let me know and we'll work out further details of any defensive treaties, and maybe have a bit of a family outing before I really begin my crackdown on reshaping Revana. 

Sincerely,
Evelyn Wesley

Vice Regent of Revana

P.S. Yeah I can't get rid of the formal stuff in my signature either...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 01:10:14 AM by Cool101jr »

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: Reinforcing Ties - the Fox and the Wolf
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 10:17:51 PM »

Evelyn,

I'm quite happy to discuss the treaties and arrangements you mention, I'm fairly certain the majority of Mundus can already draw a direct line between our two nations however having things on paper never hurts. Make your arrangements and I'll see you as soon as I can.

Peter

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 01:18:56 AM »
Peter,

Given the current state of certain things in Revana, I believe that it's probably be a good idea to meet up in Achkaerin. I have had Serenity's plane fueled up and ready to depart on a moments notice, let me know when and where and I'll be there in a few hours. I look forward to it!

Evelyn

P.s. Figured out how to get rid of the formalities

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 11:54:26 PM »
The Marble Palace was not an unfamiliar place for the Revanan's, the Achkaerinese monarch Emperor Peter knew this after all they were family. It being a nice day the Azurewinds were having a day in the garden, Peter was keeping one eye on the barbecue, he'd picked up plenty of tips from David and Joshua and was quite confident in how to do this. Having Evelyn over wasn't anything for him to worry about, especially on the subject matter, it was mainly a formalizing or reiteration of what most of Mundus already knew to be the case. While the Emperor cooked, the younger members of the household were playing a game of cricket. Well almost all of them as it was left to his niece Sakura to wait around for their extended family as it were to show up.

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 12:43:22 AM »
Evelyn parked the car in the garage near the Marble Palace and began walking around towards the front door, her entourage following behind. The car wasn't really her's as much as Evelyn's favorite out of Serenity's collection, and Evelyn had been meaning to return it to the garage for the longest time. She also could've just gone from the garage straight into the Palace but she felt that it would be more fitting for this type of meeting to go through the proper areas. Following her was Vice Commandant Kaleb and Sarah Evans, or Serenity's traitor spy as Evelyn had come to playfully call her. The 3 arrived at the door to the Palace and Evelyn politely knocked. After a very quick moment of waiting they stepped in as Sakura let them in.

"Sakura! It's so good to see you!" Evelyn exclaimed. Happy to see family, but mainly just happy to see someone who would definitely not tell her of another problem she needed to look into, she gave Sakura a big hug before stepping back and allowing Kaleb to shake Sakura's hand, followed by a nod from Sarah.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 10:29:50 PM »
Sakura just smiled and led the trio through the gate and into the courtyard. Serenity glanced over from where she was having a drink and walked a little bit away, Sarah got her own drink and followed the Crown Princess.
"How's Revana?" Serenity asked
"Getting there." Sarah said "Levi's still a little annoyed I made Justicar before he did."
"I'll bet he is." Serenity said giggling.

As the two redheads conversed off to one side, Peter smiled at Evelyn and Kaleb "Grab yourselves a plate and some food before the kids grab it all." he said flipping a couple of burgers as he spoke.

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 01:29:59 PM »
Kaleb shook Peter's hand then grabbed a drink and a burger, sitting at the table. Evelyn walked up next to Peter and gave him quick side hug before grabbing her own food and drink.

"Thanks for having us, Peter. I know we have business to attend to but I really needed a moment of peace." She said with a smile before taking a bite of her burger and nodding in satisfaction at the delicious food and giving Peter a thumbs up.

"Burgers are delicious, Peter. Keep up the good work, if this Emperor thing doesn't work out you could open a restaurant." Kaleb said, laughing between bites.

"Speaking of Levi, he asked me to talk to Rion or at least Alex for him. He insists he's ready to take the test. I said I'd try, and I don't see them at the moment so I count that as trying." Sarah said with a shrug and a chuckle.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 11:51:33 PM »
"Rion doesn't let just anyone who thinks they're ready take those tests." Serenity said "It's when she decides."

"Don't I know it." Sarah said giggling "You learn that much about yourself during the training."

Over at the barbecue Peter half smiled as he indicated some chairs for Evelyn and Kaleb to sit in.

"So." Peter said "What's on your mind?"

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2021, 12:56:29 AM »
"I figured it was something like that." Evelyn said as her and Kaleb sat in the indicated chairs.

"Well I mainly did this for the break before I really start cracking down on my plans in Revana, since we all know there's no need for some official thing. However when I announced my vacation plans, Lord Minister Bartrove insisted I make it an official state visit and bring you this. It's super informal and quickly made up so if you have something better I'm sure Serena wouldn't mind." She set a small closed tube, used by Revana to hold important documents, on the table.

"Feel free to check it out whenever you feel like it. We're in absolutely no hurry." Kaleb said with a contented smile as he patted his stomach.

Spoiler: show
It is agreed today that the nations of Achkaerin and Revana desire to embrace their kinship and support each other in the following goals:

1) Educational Excellence
2) Mutual Security

In order to achieve these aims the nations agree to the following:

1.Educational Excellence

1. Nations agree to open their higher education establishments to citizens of both nations on equal terms with their own.

2. Nations agree that students will not require a visa so long as they meet the following criteria

a) They have meet the requirements of an educational institute for which they hold the offer of a place.
b) They have sufficient funds to cover their course.
c) They pose no risk to national security
d) They have no criminal record

3. Students may work up to 20 hours a week to supplement their studies.

4. Students graduating may remain visa free in their nation of study for two years after graduation.

2.Mutual Security

1. Nations agree to share information regarding potential terrorist activity, so long as

a) It does not breech existing treaties
b) the act of sharing information does not endanger their own nations assets.

2. Nations agree to extradite suspected criminals so long as;

a) Reasonable suspicion is shown
b) A trial under the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights is guarenteed.
c) The nation to which extradition will occur will not impose a death penalty.

3. Nations agree to solve problems peacefully between themselves. They agree should no agreement be reached between themselves that a neutral nation be asked to arbitrate.

4. Nations agree to a series of bi-annual military games.

5. Nations agree to offer support during times of natural disaster if requested or if another nations government is incapable of operating.

6. Nations in the agree to joint naval and air patrols when practical.

7. Nations shall come to the aid of each other in the event of attack by any entity, Foreign or Domestic

3. General Provisions

1. The nations shall maintain an active embassy in each others home territory.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2021, 04:05:45 PM »
Peter read through the treaty proposal and then handed it over to Serenity and his son Simon to glance at, it wasn't surprising when Serenity pulled out a pen and along with Simon spent five minutes very quickly going through it with Sakura and Sarah right there as well, Peter just had to giggle "They've been involved in so many summits" he said looking at Evelyn "It's got to the point of them being very well versed in how to do this."

Eventually Serenity handed a much more scribbled version of it with additions, arrows and crossings on it to Evelyn "We'll get a more formal version done later but this is what we think works." she said

Spoiler: show
It is agreed today that the nations of Achkaerin and Revana desire to embrace their kinship and support each other in the following goals:

1) Diplomacy
2) Trade
3) Travel
4) Educational Excellence
5) Mutual Security

In order to achieve these aims the nations agree to the following:

1. Diplomacy

1. The nations shall maintain an active embassy in each others home territory.

2. The appointed ambassador or their representative shall present themselves to the host nations government/leadership within 24 hours of being summoned

3. In the event of a dispute between the nations, they agree to resolve it by peaceful means as far as possible including third party mediation.

2. Trade

1. There will be no tariffs on goods transported between the two nations

2. There will be no land taxes towards landowners of the two nations, with the condition that construction contracts of manufacturing and production in these properties be granted to corporations in the two nations.

3. The nations shall allow the companies of each others nations to establish a presence in each others nations so long as the following criteria are met:
i) The company adhere to all local laws regulating the practice of their business.
ii) The Company pay all locally required taxes
iii) The Company recruit at least 70% of its staff from host nation citizens.

4. A foreign company shall not be charged any additional taxes or charges beyond that paid at a local level for removing profits back to their nation.

5. Goods traded between the two nations shall possess an identifiable label indicating nation of production and be accompanied by a certificate of origin.

3. Travel

1. The nations agree to define travel into three categories;
i) Business
ii) Tourist
iii) Study

2. Each of these purposes shall have their own conditions which all member nations shall accept.

3. Business travel may be visa free if the traveller posses a written invite from a host nations government or company, they have a return ticket booked within 20 days, can financially support their stay and are not deemed a threat to nation security. This may be renewed twice with the consent of the host country.

4. Tourist travel may be visa free for up to 60 days provided the following conditions are meet, the traveller has no intention to take paid employment during their stay, has funds to cover their stay, has evidence of leaving the nation before the end of the 60 day window and is not deemed a threat to national security.

5. Students will not require a visa to study in the other nation so far as the following conditions are meet, the student has a letter of acceptance from a registered institute of learning, they can cover the cost of both their course and their stay in the host nation and they are not deemed a threat to national security. Any students residing in the other nation are restricted to a maximum of 15 hours paid employment a week. Students graduating may remain visa free in their nation of study for two years after graduation.

6. Travellers buying locally produced goods will not be charged import duties upon their return home so long as the goods are within limits set for personal use.

4.Educational Excellence

1. The nations agree to open their higher education establishments to citizens of both nations on equal terms with their own.

2. The nations agree to promote exchange programs between their respective educational institutions.

3. There shall be an annual Academic Games between teams of university students from the respective nations.

4. The nations will consult on best educational practice on an annual basis.

5. The nations will work to ensure parity across subject matter for all students regardless of individual background, gender, learning difficulty etc.

5.Mutual Security

1. Nations agree to share intelligence regarding threats to each other when doing so does not break existing agreements a nation is party to or endanger their own operations.

2. Nations agree to extradite suspected criminals so long as;

a) Evidence of the alleged crime is shown
b) A trial under the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights is guaranteed.
c) The nation to which extradition will occur will not impose the death penalty.

3. Nations agree to offer support during times of natural disaster if requested or if another nations government is incapable of operating.

4. Nations in the agree to joint naval and air patrols when practical.

5. An attack against one nation shall be considered an attack against both nations

6. The above article is invalidated if either Achkaerin or Revana is the aggressor in the situation.

7. Achkaerin shall bring Revana under the Cerberus missile defence network umbrella.

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2021, 05:03:33 PM »
"... Wow." Evelyn said reading it over again. "You wrote that just off the top of your head that quickly? Y'all need to get out more" She chuckled and handed it over to Kaleb. After he finished reading it, his eyes grew wide and he looked at the group opposite of them.

"We get to be under Cerberus? Wow. We've been considering designing our own version because it's so awesome, but this cuts out that whole step. That's Awesome!" He exclaimed with some excitement.

"It really is. I have one issue, the limiting students to only being able to work 15 hours a week. Revana has a pretty high cost of living, that's why we set it at 20 to 25 hours, I'm concerned about them not being able to live properly and deciding it's not worth coming to Revana for school." Evelyn said, pointing out the specific point to Serenity. "Other than that, I think it's far greater than anything we thought of and I'm ready to get this signed."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2021, 03:03:04 PM »
"We set it at 15 hours because Achkaerin as a member of the Cross Straits Union is obliged by treaty to restrict to 15 hours." Serenity said "So any student in Achkaerin regardless of nationality is limited to 15 hours. What we could do is say students coming from Revana to Achkaerin are limited to the 15 hours thus keeping Achkaerin in line with the Cross Straits Union provisions but that students travelling the other way from Achkaerin to Revana are limited to the 20 to 25 hours, we just need to be able to show that we're not breaching any international law that we're signatory to."

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2021, 11:50:27 PM »
"Very well, that's really what I was hoping for anyway, I want to make sure Achkaerinese Students are as comfortable in Revana as Possible." Evelyn said, satisfied.

"Is there anything else you guys think could be added? Kaleb asks as he pulls out a really ornate black ebony wood box with gold inlay and set it on the table between Evelyn, Serenity, and Peter.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2021, 10:13:00 PM »
"Not really." Peter said as the tennis ball being used in the game of cricket got hit in their direction which he caught and threw back "Don't make me come bowl." he said smiling as his niece shrugged

"So we signing this thing?" Serenity asked

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2021, 04:07:43 PM »
"Yes we are." Evelyn nodded, grabbing an ornate box from Kaleb.
Opening it she took out a rather nice if battered ballpoint pen, signing her name under the spot set aside for the regent, a recent addition to all of the treaties. Kaleb signed under Evelyn's old spot of Vice commandant, before handing the pen to Serenity.

"I've been feeling somewhat sentimental lately so I dug out that old pen. It's the one my father carried around during his meetings so odds are it was what he used to sign all of the first agreements with Achkaerin." Evelyn said, pointing at the pen.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2021, 06:14:23 PM »
Serenity half smiled taking the pen and examining it for a moment before setting it down on the table and taking from her own pocket another pen, purple in colour, a slight golden trim, but still just a simple pen, nothing too fancy "What a pair we make right?" she said "Your father's pen and... Isaac's." she glanced at Peter who nodded, Serenity wasn't Achkaerin's Head of State... well not yet, but with her father's blessing she signed on the line with her late husbands pen.

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2021, 08:51:43 PM »
Alexandria Savage stood against one of the border walls, smiling as she watched the younger members game of cricket, glancing off and on towards the meeting happening on the other side of the court. As she watched the game her head fogged as she remembered the briefing this morning about the video that was released by the Enlightenment. Most of the attendees didn't take it very serious, including Alex. She gave them all a refresher on the two members seen in the video and they broke to their respective duties, business as usual. So why am I feeling like this? she thought as she she felt a headache pass over her for the second time of the day.

She was sitting on an old broken throne in a long dark room, a war table sat on floor beneath her raised dais. She recognized the great hall of Fort Seraph, the Enlightenment's old HQ. She watched as Durango walked over, pointing out a spot on the map near Isen City.

"The fleet is taking up point in the Haven Gap to meet the Achkaerinese navy. They have been briefed to try and let the INS Angel through. The enemy Navy has been spotted and we expect the plan to be enacted  within a day. Your transport is ready and should have you in place in Isen City for Operation Vixen Fall." Durango said, nodding in satisfaction.

"Very original name, I trust you have faith in our abilities to damage the Angel and force it to port? And you're sure the princess is on board?" Alex said in a monotone voice.

"Yes ma'am, it's all been confirmed, and inflicting damage is our specialty. It'll happen." Durango responded as she held a bag up to Alex. "There's your uniform, a set of Achkaerinese uniforms, some scissors, and some blond die. Enjoy you're time in the Achkaerin military, ma'am."

"Thanks, I'll suffer through." Alex chuckled and walked out of the room into the eastern courtyard.

Alex stumbled against the wall behind her, the headache fading. She glanced around and saw that no one had noticed anything. Must have only been a few seconds, but it felt so much longer to her. She made her way around the court over to Lydia, just as Serenity finished signing the treaty, another flash of a younger Serenity with long hair glaring at her inside the barracks room, one hand holding a pistol and the other on her swollen stomach. Alex shook her head clear and leaned down next to Lydia, whispering to her.

"Can you keep an eye on things for a few minutes, I need to use the head and grab some Ibuprofen. Thanks." She said with a smile, and she made her way into the palace, taking out her phone to call the only persson, in her mind, would understand and help her, Rion Ayanami.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 10:28:12 PM by Cool101jr »