Author Topic: A Door Into Mktvartvelo [Open RP]  (Read 2041 times)

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
A Door Into Mktvartvelo [Open RP]
« on: October 23, 2021, 11:18:17 PM »
OOC explainer: Although it is not public knowledge, Mktvartvelo will elect a new head of state in the coming weeks. This RP is planned to serve as an introduction of some main characters, and it will mosty take place in a Charity Ball in downtown Ktsatskuri (Mktvartvelo's capital city). You can send any characters of your nation who are living in Mktvartvelo and would be likely to be invited to such event (such as diplomats, businessmen, commercial or special interest representatives, etc). You can take this as a chance for a first contact between your nation and Mktvartvelo, maybe in view of future diplomatic initiatives, or even lobbying for or gaining the favour of a particular character. However, formal diplomatic negotiations are not the purpose of this RP. Although alternate meetings in a different space for related purposes at the time of the RP can be ok (as long they have a proper reason). You can PM if you have any suggestion or question. :)

No applications are needed to participate, assuming your(s) character(s) have a legit reason to be there. The next post will be an introduction to the event, so can introduce your characters after that. Although the RP may continue afterwards, however, this RP has a practical deadline of November 15th as far on effects on Mktvartvelo's coming events is concerned. 

Ghvinobistve 27, 2677 | Akhalihaeri military base

"Ah, you finally arrived", Levan Gamsakhurdia, Mktvartvelo's Minister of Defense, as he soon as he saw the man he had been waiting for more than a hour descending from his helicopter.

"Excuse me", Prime Minister Gela Berdzenishvili said, "it took me more time than I expected to leave Ktsatskuri.

"I understand", the minister replied. "Lieutenant Oganez", he said, "you can return to your tasks".

"Yes, sir", the officer said.

"The road to Parulibumi is down there", Levan explained, "we can talk while we arrive".

"Yes, sure", Gela replied. "Don't you want to ruin the grass?", he added.

"No, it is not that...", Levan answered with a force smile. "This whole business feels like entering in a dangerous territory".

"I don't deny it, Levan", Gela tried to explain himself. "Does anyone of your men...does anyone here know it?", he suddenly asked changing of topic.

"Not really", Levan answered. "Only Lieutenant-Colonel Nasaridze, the doctors, and the team which did the transfer, as well as the medical team at Ktsatskuri know what happened. It is lucky that he arrived at night, so only a few people of the hospitals have an idea about what happened. Or rather, who they are hosting".

"Do you trust them?", Gela inquiried.

"As most I could in the current circumstances", Levan answered. "As I told you, I assured that the team was formed by our men". 

"What about Nasaridze?", Gela asked. "He is married with your niece, isn't it? I never trusted the Shemkmneli".

"Well", Levan replied, "he owes me a few favours. And Eteri is waiting a child now, so I trust that he hasn't an entirely Shemkmneli perspective, you could say...".

"I hope you're right, Levan", Gela replied, "I hope you're right".

"But I feel you...we're playing with fire", Levan tried to argue. "This could seriously backfire".

"I know, I know", Gela replied, while realizing that the grass was much more muddier than he expected. "Right now, this transition[1] couldn't arrive at the worst moment. We can't allow that it ruins all we have been working so hard".

"Besides", Gela continued, "If your brother hadn't screwed it up last Qinvalisi[2], we would be in a much more comfortable situation".

"I know, I know...", Levan replied. "But what do you plan to do now? Try to keep him alive until Gardamavali[3]?".

"That would be helpful, but don't be absurd", Gela argued. "We need to gain some time. If we move quickly and wisely, we can avoid our current disadvantage. It may be easier to play our cards when nobody knows that the game has started".

"Let's hope you're right", Levan simply replied.

"Has his situation changed since our call?", Gela asked.

"Not at all, as long as I know", Levan answered. "He remains stable, after he was brought into medically induced coma. The doctors seem confident that he will remain so for the rest of the week".

"We were lucky that Nino agreed to sign that authorization five weeks ago", Gela said. "It fell like golden fruits from the Tree of Life...".

"What can I say?", Levan simply added. "The car is there".

"Good morning, Tariel", he added to the man standing in front of the car".

"Good morning, sir", the man replied. "Good morning as well, Your Excellency", he said when he saw Prime Minister Berdzenishvili".

"Good morning...", Gela replied. "Let's move. How far is the hospital?".

"Not too far I'd say...", Levan tried to remember, although he was too visibly nervous to find the right answer.

"It's about twenty minutes, considering the condition of the roads around him, sir", Turiel intervened.

"Alright", Gela. "Let's hope you are right...Let's hope we are all right", he added, the second sentence almost said for himself.

1. The Brzdmtsveli, Mktvartvelo's head of state is elected by a majority of the  members of the Council of State, the Upper house of the parliament, following nominations of at least five members of the Council of State or the Chairman of the Council of State himself.
 2. Last December, Anzor Gamsakhurdia, governor of Gaqidvalisi was involved in a corruption scandal which affected leading members of the Ampartavani and Dasavleta clans, which damaged several Prime Minister Berdzenishvili's supporters in the 2021 legislative elections
 3. Mktvartvelo's legislative elections are always held in Gardamavali, the last week of the year, in late February.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 06:39:39 PM by paralipomena »

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: A Door Into Mktvartvelo
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 11:04:38 PM »
Nislivari 2, 2677 | Tsitelibneli Sakhli Palace, Ktsatskuri, Unitary State of Mktvartvelo

“Well, it feels we did not arrive too late”, Gulisa Paliashvili said.

“I guess so!”, Vardo replied. “It’s still one hour before the inauguration, according to the brochure after all”.

“You may be right”, Gulisa said. “I need a drink. Let’s move to the main hall so I can introduce you to some people”.

“Alright, cousin”, Vardo replied with a smile.

They advanced through the corridor until reaching a large hall.

“Thanks”, Gulisa said as they were offered a tray with wine and champagne glasses.

“Aren’t you going to drink anything?”, Gulisa asked, as the waiter left as Vardo simply moved negatively her head with a smile. For a few seconds, Vardo had noticed the banner at the entry.

Akhali Shansi Foundation - Giving A Chance To The Most Vulnerable

Schedule
  • 16:30-17:30 - Reception at Tsitelibneli Sakhli Palace, Ktsatskuri
  • 17:30 Inauguration – Address by Ketevan Chakhava, President of Honour of Akhali Shansi Foundation and Lasha Nioradze, Chairman of Akhali Shansi Foundation
  • 18:00-19:00 - Free appetizers at the Third Hall, produced by associates of our foundation
  • 18:30-19:30 - Dance event at the Second Hall, including performances from several Mktvartvelian artists
  • 19:30 - Welcoming at the Main Hall
  • 19:45 - Intervention by Prime Minister Gela Berdzenishvili
  • 20:00-21:00 - Dinner at the Main Hall
  • 20:40-22:00 - Performances at the Palace Gardens
  • 22:00 - Intervention by Ketevan Chakhava and Her Ladyship Manana Ananiashvili, founder of Akhali Shansi Foundation

The cost of the menu is $2,500 per adult and $800 per children (special guests not included). All the soirée earnings will be destined to projects by Akhali Shansi Foundation and our associated organizations (read our brochure for more information).

“Not now…”, Vardo answered a few seconds later. “After all, Vazha and I are expected a baby”.

“Really?”, Gulisa exclaimed. “Congratulations! You have kept it secret…”.

“Not really”, Vardo replied, slighly embarrassed as she realized that several people had hear them and they were curiously looking at them. “It’s just I haven’t told mom yet...we were waiting Erovnuli dghe, as we’re planning returning home that week for a few days”.

“Anyway”, Vardo continued, “will we see anyone important today?”.

“Oh, certainly”, Gulisa replied. “it is confirmed that the Prime Minister and several members of the government will be here. Although I read on the newspaper that the Brzdmtsveli will not come”.

“Is it serious?”, Vardo inquiried.

“Oh”, Gulisa answered, “I don’t think so. I believe he was ordered to rest a bit for his back pain”.

“Ah, yes”, Vardo replied. “I believe that Vazha told me so. I hope it’s not something serious”.

“I don’t think so”, Gulisa replied. “Anyway, what did you ask?”, she continued, “...ah yes! For example, now that you mentioned it, that woman lady wearing a black dress is Ketevan Chakhava. She organized this event and she is a very important here, it could be a good chance for your husband if you could get close to her...I dislike the Tbagaqinuli, seriously, but it may be convenient to make an exception with her".

"Why that animosity?", Vardo asked.

"Oh, it's a long history", Gulisa answered. "It's not the place to discuss it...let's move on".

"Look", Gulisa continued, "that's Okropir Djorbenadze, the CEO of Msubuk, who seems talking to...yeah, that's magistrate Tariel Tavadze, who happens to be the senior Ampartavani. I wonder what those two are plotting".

"Oh, look who is here!", a female voice was heard from behind them. "How are you doing, Mrs. Paliashvili?".

"Ah, Nino!", Gulisa exclaimed. "I'm doing fine. I introduce you to my cousin Vardo. She has just come from Dasavleteba. Have you just come?".

"Not really", Nino answered, "I have been talking for a while until I decided to go around for a walk...I was curious about the gardens. I must say that the decorations are being lovely. Then, of course, I found Her Highness...Do you know her, right, High Priestess Eter?".

"Oh", Gulisa replied, "not personally I'm afraid".

"Nice to meet you", Eter replied. "Mrs. Shalikashvili already told me about you, as soon as she saw you entering the room", she explained with a smile.

"It's a honour", Vardo added, bowing lightly her head.

"If you excuse", Eter said, "I need something to ask to Mrs. Chakhava".

"Yes, of course, Your Highness", Nino replied.

"It was a pleasure to meet you", Gulisa added, as Eter was already leaving the group.

"Will the Sinatdedopali come as well, if I'm not wrong...?" Vardo timidly asked.

"Indeed!", Nino replied. "Her Supreme Highness will simply arrive a bit later, I was told, as she was visiting one of the foundation hospitality centers established in the capital along Mrs. Ananiashvili, if I'm not wrong".

"Oh, it's her...", Gulisa declared, as she realized about a very old woman, helped by two assistants, slowly and clumsily entering the room. "It's a long time since I saw her in person...".

"Yes, Gulisa", Nino said with a timid but gleeful entonation, "excuse me these words, but if our beloved mummy has arrived, I feel that our majesty must be having a more than uncomfortable convalescence lately".

"Oh, dear!", Gulisa said with a rather ambiguous smile. "It is not something serious, right?".

"I don't think so", Nino answered. "I was told that the doctors recommended him a long break after his last hip surgery...I believe that was three months ago? Sadly, that is depriving him of his social duties. But I guess it's natural".

"Excuse me cousin...", Vardo asked, almost muttering on Gulisa's ear, "but who's that old lady?".

"Oh!", Gulisa replied, "she is the Maghalikhavani, Vardo, the Brzdmtsveli's mother".

"Ah, I see", Vardo replied.

"Good afternoon", another voice was heard from the right. Vardo could see a smiling woman wearing an elegant black dress, standing along High Priestess Eter. "It's been a long time since I see you, Gulisa", the woman continued. "Is it everything alright here as well, I hope?", she asked.

"Oh! Sure...!", a slightly uncomfortable Gulisa replied. "It's always a pleasure to see you again, Mrs. Chakhava. The event looks very promising!".

"Glad to hear that", the woman replied. "But we have known already for years...you can call me Ketevan, of course".

"Of course", Gulisa replied. "Excuse me, I must introduce my cousin, she barely known Ktsatskuri. Her husband has joined the Ministry of Defense recently".

"Interesting!", Ketevan replied, although her interests did not seem too sincere. "Nice to meet you".

"Thanks, me too...", Vardo said. "It's a honour to be here, for such magnificent cause, of course!".

"The honours is ours", Ketevan replied. "If you excuse me, there is something important I need to attend. But if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask the staff, of course!".

"I'll come back soon, Your Highess", she added looking back to Eter, "it will be a honour to continue our conversation".

They saw her leaving with a calm but fast pace. On the background, they noticed as well more guests entering into the hall.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 08:37:33 PM by paralipomena »

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: A Door Into Mktvartvelo [Open RP]
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 10:47:55 PM »

"Ah!", Ketevan Chakhava said, "Welcome, Prime Minister".

"Thank you", Prime Minister Gela Berdzenishvili replied. "How is everything going? I see many people came early".

"Yes, of course", Ketevan replied. "Some people have learned from the previous year and they enjoy to come earlier to socialize and probably enjoy some free wine", she added with a smile.

"We've prepared so everything is a success again, of course", she continued. "It is however a pity that the Brzdmtsveli was not able to come...for first time I believe. Have you the chance to see him recently?".

"Yes, I did...", a slightly apathetic Gela replied, "of course. However, we have been rather busy with the implementation of certain government projects in several provinces...nothing too interesting, but time consumning enough, so I could only see him a week ago. He was fine, but he could barely move for a recent backache. He may need some rest".

"I see", Ketevan replied. "I hope you're right and he can continue with his agenda soon...Anyway, have you prepared your intervention, I assume?".

"Of course", Gela replied. "However, it won't be too long, I wouldn't like to ruin the mood of your dinner, of course", he added with a smile.

"Very kind", Ketevan replied.

"So wait....sir, were you appointed by late Brzdmtsveli Endzela, is that right?", Vardo asked.

"Indeed, I was", Mamuka Keburia replied. "That's right, I think I joined the Council of State in 2655, I think?".

"Did you meet her personally?", Vardo inquired.

"Oh, yes , of course", Mamuka replied, "although I met her only in a few occasions, besides institutional meetings where we may coincide for a few moments. It was actually the Chairman who announced and confirmed the appointment. And I guess that Her Most High Majesty was already suffering from her health problems...although that was not that obvious by then...at least not for me".

"How was meeting her?", Vardo insisted.

"I'm afraid, Your Honour", Gulisa intervened, "that my cousin is too curious".

"It's natural of her age", Mamuka just added. "About your question, I'd say that she always left you a good impression, in a sense or another, depending of the moment. Of course, it could be that younger version of myself was simply more impressionable".

"Oh!", Vardo replied, "I'm sure that's not the case. 19 years! You must be one of the senior members of the Council, Your Honour".

"I'm not the oldest", Mamuka explained, "but you could say so. I feel it won't be a long time since I leave it without a replacement. Being only three years younger that our Brzdmtsveli, I feel I won't be one of those few who will have the honour to witness the election of two Brzdmtsveli from inside!".

"Oh, Your Honour! C'mon", Gulisa intervened again. "You look a younger man that you claim! Of course, it is not that I expect that was the case, obviously, because I feel that -despite recent news- we will be honoured to be led by our current Brzdmtsveli for a long time".

"Indeed", Mamuka said, "I hope that's the case. Although I ignore His Most High Majesty's own thoughts on this issue, of course, but once he's fully recovered for his recent illness, which is nothing too serious for men of our age, I can testify, he will offer us his leadership for a lot years".

"How did it feel to be inside the election of the Brzdmtsveli, Your Honour?", Vardo asked.

"I had been only a member for three years, if I remember correctly", Mamuka answered. "So I had a rather modest role on both the nomination and election process. The process is actually much more boring that most people imagine. It was not too exciting, although I felt a bit nervous, of course. But I can tell you that the nomination was the longest part of the process. There were only a few nominations, but the discussions could be quite long. The election, I must add, was quite brief...we almost reached agreement by concensus".

"I imagine", Vardo said, "I mean, it's similar that has been written about the event, I guess....The Gods and the goddesses forbid it, of course", she continued, "but what would be, in your own opinion, the ideal nature of a good Brzdmtsveli?".

"That's a tough question", Mamuka replied with a smile, "it's difficult to say...Men my age were much younger back then, but we can still remember the serious crisis we faced in the 1970s. And although Brzdmtsveli Otar was widely respected by my father's generation, I'd say that -and it was a very common in the most senior members of the Council when I joined- that that decade left us the impression that while experience was something highly desired in the head of state, it is certainly preferable that the Brzdmtsveli is not someone who was a leading political actor, but someone who gained the respect the experience in a wider way. A guardian is an arbiter, after all, and it may be preferable if he can see things from distance. That's just my opinion, of course. I hope that we don't need to worry about it for a longer time that we may expect".

"Of course", Vardo replied, "I was just curious. I hope my questions did not importunate you, Your Honour. I was just curious...".

"Of course not!", Mamuka replied. "I understand. It has been a pleasure".

"Thank you for your time, Your Honour", Gulisa intervened for a last time, "but I'm afraid we may leave you for now. My feet are killing me and I would like to sit down for a minute, Vardo".

"Yes, cousin", Vardo replied.

"Indeed", Mamuka replied, "the pleasure was mine".

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Revana
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 03:35:29 PM »
Erica Scidonis spent the ride up to the venue putting on a thin layer of makeup, finishing by putting on her signature lipstick. She smiled at herself in her pocket mirror then put her makeup kit back in her purse as they pulled up in front of the entrance to the ball. She smiled at her driver, some grunt she had grab from the base when she left in a rush, and handed him some money. She hadn't exactly got an invitation from the start as much as she called around until she found someone in Mktvartvelo who would be willing to get her one. She stepped out of the vehicle as it pulled away and made her way towards the entrance, her long black dress flowing beautifully. She entered the building and began looking for whoever she needed to talk to.

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 09:02:55 PM »

"Welcome, Mrs. Reyote", the employee said after reading Sabrina's invitation. "Silamaze", she told to the young woman wearing a black and white uniform, "could you take her to the main hall?".

"Indeed", Silamaza replied. "Could you please follow me, madame?", she asked the guest from Vinitsia. As they leave, Nana touched her right ear, and softly said something, that they could not hear.

A woman wearing a black dress approached Sabrina Reyote and her assistant as soon as they entered the main hall.

"Are you Mrs. Reyote, I suppose?", Ketevan Chakhava asked with a smile. "Welcome to our event, and nice to meet you".

"Oh, you're here", a middle-aged man approaching them said, "Mrs. Saakadze wanted to ask you something relating to her donation. I was patiently listening but I couldn't see our dear president leaving the room".

"I introduce you Okropir Djorbenadze", Ketevan said looking back at Sabrina, "he's CEO of Msubuk, Mktvartvelo's largest energy company, and one of most generous contributors in the last years, I must say".

"That's a kind of put it", Okropir replied with a smile. "Nice to meet you...whom have I the pleasure to talk to...?".

"She comes from Vinitsa", Ketevan explained.

"Oh", Okropir replied, "interesting. Nice to meet you".

"Welcome", the employee said to the last guest, asking her for her invitation or receipt. While she was checking it, some steps could be heard approaching from the main entrance.

"The event will start in only a few minutes", she explained. However, the expression of her face changed when she realized the identity of one of the people from the group that had entered the palace just after that the woman from Revana.

"Oh, excuse me!", she exclaimed, diligently and respectfully bowing her head and back to a woman wearing a long white dress, which long sleeves -decorated by a detailed embroidery- barely showed the end of her fingers. "Welcome, Your Sublime Highness!", she added.

"Good afternoon", the woman replied with a friendly smile, looking both at the employee and the unknown guest.

"Ah", the much older woman, wearing a plain navy blue dress, who was walking along the woman with a white dress, "it's you, Nanuli. Always as attentive as distracted. Is Ketevan inside, I assume?". Behind them, three assistants were approaching as well, while two bodyguards were observing the scene from the main entrance.

"Yes, Mrs. Nioradze", Nana replied. "Mrs. Chakhava is in the main hall".

"Very well", Lasha replied. "I hope she's taking easier this time", she added with a smile, "I thought we were not going to arrive at time...Nana's parents served my aunt Darejani", she explained to the other woman, "she has been working for these galas for a few years in a row".

"Oh, I see", the Sinatdedopali replied.

"Wait a minute", Lasha continued, this time looking back at the woman a black dress. She attentively looked at her hairstyle, although not too impressed. "I don't think I have seen you again, is that right?", she asked. "Are you from around?".

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2021, 02:34:54 PM »
Erica looked Lasha up and down at the same time the other woman did to her. She smiled at her, her natural charisma kicking in.

"Ahh Mrs. Nioradze, an honor to meet you. No I'm not from around here, I am from the nation of Haven of Sovereignty, or what you would know as Revana, for now." Erica whispered the last few words as she gave the other woman a slight bow of respect and introduction.

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2021, 10:21:35 PM »

"Ah, interesting", Lasha replied. "Thank you for your attendance and contribution to our noble cause, anyway".

"Do you need anything else?", Nana said, looking to both Mrs. Nioradze and her important companion.

"Oh no, my dear", Lasha answered. "Let's enter, I wouldn't like to arrive late...I'd prefer to relax a bit the event starts".

"Let's move, Your Sublime Highness", Lasha continued, looking back. "Come with us", she said looking at Erica. "Are you staying for long in this city?", she asked.

"Excuse me, if you don't mind to continue with our previous conversation...", Vardo asked Mamuka Keburia, who was sat down in one of the chairs that covered the right wall of the main hall, in order to look for a more pleasant company, but also to rest his tired legs and feet.

"Of course not", he replied, "I enjoy your inquisitorial curiosity, young lady".

"Alright", Vardo continued. "Our conversation left me wondering...who would be a right candidate for Brzdmtsveli?".

"Ah!", he exclaimed, "you are a tough interviewer". He finished his glass of wine before continuing. "...I haven't really anyone in mind. There are likely many candidates in this room. Well, maybe not that many but at least a few". He stopped to turn his head right and left, like he was seriously inspecting the room. "Actually", he continued, "contrary of the popular belief, it is not that many candidates are considered. At least according to my own experience, and it is true I was not certainly a very active member back then".

"Interesting", Vardo replied, slighly disappointed, as she was probably waiting for a more concrete, and compromising, answer.

"As it is well known", he continued, "the Chairman of the Council may introduce us one or two proposed candidates, usually candidates who were considered or recommended from the previous Brzdmtsveli...I assume this is more typical when he was abdicating or he could foresee the coming end of his reign, of course. Regarding the proposals of the members, as you may have heard -as it is widely know-, fifteen members of the Council are required to propose a candidate, so there are not likely many candidates considered. The preliminary discussions are very important, even more than the formal vote".

"I see!", Vardo replied. "I did not imagine it in that way. But in some way, it makes sense...I guess".

"Indeed", he replied. "I hope you don't mind we change of topic. It is not a too favourable topic for such an occasion".

"Of course!", Vardo excused herself. "I was just curious...Thank you very much, it completely satisfied my curiosity".

"Glad to hear!", he replied with a smile. "Besides that...it would not be a good omen if we were forced into such a situation...It has not been event a year since our nation has a new Sinatdedopali, and it is tradionally considered a bad sign to have a new Brzdmtsveli and a new Sinatdedopali in the same year".

"Is that so?", Vardo asked. "Oh, I hadn't heard it before. Do you believe it?".

"Well! Who knows", he replied. "It's better not to tempt the gods...".

"What are you conspiring about with this nice lady, old fox?", a voice suddenly asked. They both looked surprised, as they did not heard anyone approaching.

"Oh, it's you!", Mamuka replied, while he slowly tried to stand up, helped by Vardo. "I introduce you to my nephew, Otar Keburia", he said looking back at her.

"Oh, nice to meet you", Vardo said, while staring intently at him. His face looked familiar, somehow.

"She is Vardo, Gulisa's cousin...from the Mezghvauri. Do you remember her?".

"Ah", Otar replied. "Yes, of course, uncle".

"My nephew has been Deputy Prime Minister for Social Policy for two years, a pride for our family", Mamuka explained.

"Of course!", Vardo exclaimed. "Excuse me, Your Excellency!", she tried to excuse herself.

"No problem", Otar replied with a light but long laugh. "The pleasure is mine".

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 12:59:16 AM »
An event about giving a chance to the most vulnerable was clearly the sort of place to find Timothy Willows, the Managing Director of the Child Welfare Fund charity a position that basically meant he dealt with the day to day administration of the charity and reported directly to the Royal family who owned it, the CWF as it was otherwise known as was their initiative. Timothy dressed in black tie as might be expected for such an occasion was networking, making small talk and explaining what the CWF did to ensure its goals and its latest projects, they didn't shout about them much but they were two years into their Phuebra program now, their intention was to provide every child in that war torn country with access to an education and amongst the rebuilding work going on they were seeing good early results. Timothy's companion for the evening, resplendent in a purple dress was Olivia Leonidas, as first dates went this was perhaps unconventional but in truth this sort of setting was more Olivia's arena more than it was Timothy's, she knew more about breaking the ice than he did. Rounding off the group was Timothy's younger sister Lassie, she'd attended some events like this with Timothy before, she'd helped him staff the CWF office, including a little bit of self volunteering in the early days, Timothy had hoped to use the trip as the chance to get Lassie's opinion on Olivia. For the most part Lassie was enjoying the event it was a great opportunity to talk about causes she was passionate about and to do her sister thing and back Timothy up but as she glanced around the floor her smile became forced and her blood ran cold as her eyes settled on Erica Scidonis. Well this was suddenly a more complex evening than she'd expected it to be.

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2021, 01:55:25 AM »
Erica smiled at Nana and nodded then quickly fell in step with Lasha, staying a step behind her.

"I'm planning on only staying for the event, but if it'll benefit my cause, I will stay for as long as needed." She said, with an air of superiority at the mention of the Enlightenment. "My name is Erica Scidonis by the way, I'm sorry I just realized I hadn't even given my name to you Mrs. Nioradze. And you, Your Sublime Highness, It's very much an honor to meet you."

As they walked and talked, Erica noticed as the Achkaerins arrived. Interesting, looks like the crown stealers have arrived. At last the night may get interesting. She thought to herself, turning back to the ladies next to her, though as she turned she noticed Lassie looking at her, and Erica could've sworn she caught a glare in her eye. Erica gave the girl a smile and nod and turned away.

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2021, 12:37:36 AM »

"Oh", Lasha replied, "you may tell me about your cause later". The Sinatdedopali nodded while smiling although with a not too natural expression this time. "But before that", Lasha continued, "I'd wish to have a break. Let's move".

As they entered, the first person they randomly encountered was a corpulent man with a shaved head wearing a suit, which was certainly expensive but rather simple and not too sophisticated as well as a bit tight. "Ah, here you are", he said looking at Mrs. Nioradze. "It's a honour to see you again, Your Sublime Highness", he said turning at Lasha's companion.

"It's a pleasure, minister", the Sinatdedopali simply replied.

"Indeed", Lasha replied. "It's just the last center was a bit far and the traffic delayed too much our coming...I introduce you to my son, Umtsrosi Nioradze. She is a guest from Revana".

"If you excuse me", Lasha continued, "I leave you now. I'll try to see if I can eat anything before the start of the event. I tried to eat like a priestess for a day, but my stomach is demanding me a snack", she joked. The Sinatdedopali simply reacted with a polite smile. "We may continue our conversation later, Your Sublime Highness", she added, "I'll be interested to continue to listen to your comments regarding our honourable projects!".

"Nice to meet you", Ketevan told the Achkaerinese guests. "Thank you for your attendance and support". Along them, there was also Eter, quietly listening while tasting her glass.

"Oh, they arrived!", Ketevan added, as she realized that the younger Willows suddenly stared at the last group that had just entered the main hall. "Our most honourable guest has just arrived", Ketevan explained. "The woman on the white dress, in case you don't know her, is the Sinatdedopali, the head of the Order of Simartlea, Mktvartvelo's religion. The other woman is Mrs. Nioradze, chairman and founder of our organization. She planned and organized the first of these soirees, almost two decades ago. I will be a pleasure to introduce her later, Mr. Willows. I'm sure it could be an interesting and constructive conversation".

"The event will formally start in a few minutes", she continued. "Excuse me, if you don't mind. I hope we can continue our conversation later. If you need anything, you can ask any of our staff, whatever that is. They will attend you with pleasure".

"Well", Eter said as Ketevan slowly left the group, "is your first time in our country?".

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2021, 08:35:30 PM »
"Yes." Olivia said taking point on this, she was the more experienced in these circumstances, smiling at Eter "It's a shame that this is the first time, you have such a nice country. And it makes a delightful change to be able to enjoy an evening out without having any political expectations on me, I'm just here supporting Timothy." Timothy smiled

"I must admit I am intrigued to hear more about the foundation." Timothy said "I look forward to meeting Mrs. Nioradze."

Lassie meanwhile slowly moved away, her mind focused on the woman she'd seen, she knew that face and if she was here then there weren't many reasons she could be there and only one or two of those were innocent. Looking for a black dress at a party like this was almost like looking for a needle in a haystack but Lassie knew the face, you didn't forget the face of a mark especially one you'd been briefed on recently, though no one had imagined them in a place like this.

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2021, 12:32:35 AM »
Erica bowed slightly to Umtsrosi with a smile.

"It's an honor to meet you, sir." She said then nodded towards a table. "If you don't mind, I'm going to grab me some food as well. I'm starving."

She smiled again and stepped away from the group towards one of the refreshment tables. As she reached them she pulled out her phone and sent off a text to her boss. Made contact with some important seeming people. Achakerins are here. One seemed a little too interested. Will report later. She grab a small plate of food and a drink and made her way back to her group, taking care to look around for anything untoward.

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2021, 10:34:57 PM »
The conversation was interrupted by the voice of a female employee to take the microphone on the lectern at the end of the main hall to announce that the event was going to start. About two minutes later, she presented Ketevan Chakhava, President of Honour of Akhali Shansi Foundation. Before she started to speak, a large applause lightened the room.

"Thank you for your presence once again", Ketevan started. "We are honoured for your presence and your assistance. Our work would be possible without you, as well as our generous donnors nationwide, from all backgrounds, regions, and clans, as well as the selfless work of thousands of volunteers".

"Four two decades, our foundation has been working to build a better future for the most vulnerable between the most vulnerable", she continued, "and although we have proud of all the lives we have improved, many of them already adults -including a few who will show their own talent tonight-, there is still much to do. It is true that our traditions and customs may not be always correctly understood abroad, as I have unfortunely witnessed a few times, but there is no doubt the importance and strength on family between our people. After all, both national and foreign scholars have recognized that, already in early times, infanticide was unheard in our distant ancestors. Unfortunately, the strength of the institution of the family and the network of relations that supports our kin becomes, one may say paradoxically, a bigger obstacle for those who have that support to build their present and their future. As a society, we have advanced leaving behind some of the prejudices that people once had against some of the most vulnerable in our nation, particularly our girls. In our foundation, while we help boys and girls alike, of course, we have dedicated some our programs particularly to them, as they often face more important challenge to build their own life into a new family...".

"Mrs. Chakhava will be a honourable successor of the work of Mrs. Nioradze", Gulisa commented, only a few metres where the Achkaerinese and High Priestess Eter were.

"Her efforts have certainly been noble and honourable", Avtandil Gamrekeli replied. "However", he continued, "life itself was not too kind with her, unfortunately, as the gods only granted her three sons".

"Oh", Vardo said, "I thought you mentioned that Mrs. Chakhava had two daughters as well, wasn't that right?".

"What Mr. Gamrekeli said", a voice added from behind, "is that her two fortunate daughters are not a product of her own blood, as it is well-known that they were adopted".

"Chairman Tsiskaridze!", Gulisa exclaimed. "I hadn't noticed you, Your Excellency!".

"Oh, it's fine", Vakhtang Tsiskaridze replied. "I just came to look for another glass", he explained. "But I couldn't help to hear your conversation, excuse me. In any case, you look as beautiful and elegant as usual, Mrs. Meladze".

"Thanks", Gulisa exclaimed. "I can see you continued as courteous as usual, Your Excellency...".

"Yes, that's right", Avtandil replied, who always found Vakhtang Tsiskaridze's presence in public events slightly uncomfortable, despite the connection that united both men. "I was just mentioned the fact, without judgement, that her lineage, which was born in such particular and controversial circumstances for our nation, will die with her. At least according to our traditional...".

"Oh, Mr. Gamrekeli!", Gulisa interrupted him, "I can't believe that you hold such outdate views! I was told that Mrs. Chakhava's daughters are lovely, and I'm sure that won't be an obstacle in our modern times. The old age when those poor girls could only choose between the clergy or being an old maid are definitely over, I'd like to think! Not that there is anything wrong with that too, of course...".

"Yo may be right, Mrs. Meladze", Avtandil replied. "But with all due respect for the honourable work of our hosts today", he continued, "I still resist a bit about the fact that our kinship is merely derived from one's surname".

"Probably not the time for such...anthropoligical discussions though", Chairman Tsiskaridze intervened.

"Indeed, Your Excellency", Gulisa added. "Mrs. Chakhava is such a gifted grand marshal! Don't get you too distracted".

"Nobody can't deny that", Avtandil replied with a rather serious and monotonous voice".

"By the way, Your Excellency", Gulisa continued, "I forgot to introduce you my cousin Vardo...she recently moved to this city. Vardo, I introduce you His Excellency Vakhtang Tsiskaridze, Chairman of the Council of State, although you probably know that...".

"Indeed, cousin", Vardo replied. "Nice to meet you, Your Excellency", respectfully nodding.

"The pleasure is mine, of course", Vakhtang replied.

Once that Ketevan finished her intervention. Then it was Lasha Nioradze's turn. Mrs. Nioradze's speech was more detailed about the numerous projects and initiatives launched and funded by the Akhali Shansi Foundation, although it quickly digressed into a large number of personal anecdotes about some of her visits on her role of Chairman of Akhali Shansi Foundation. As soon as Mrs. Nioradze finished her speech, and the last applauses had lost their strength, the staff opened the doors of the Third Hall, where it was announced that guests could relax while freely have access to a large number of diverse appetizers, which were placed on a large number of tables, at both sides of the room walls. It was announced as well that in half a hour the doors of the Second Hall would be open as well, where the guests could sit down in comfortable seats to see some cultural and festive performances that had been prepared for the event.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 10:23:17 PM by paralipomena »

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2021, 02:32:26 PM »

Time passed, and, following a large number of musical and artistic performances, some of them performed by well-known Mktvartvelian artists, and others performed by former and current beneficiaries of the activisties of the Akhali Shansi Foundation, the guests were invited to go back to the main hall. Now, in their absense, the hall looked completely different than it did a few minutes ago.

On the right side of the hall, there were two large rectangular tables on parallel, where the main guests, particularly those who received an invitation would sit down. The staff would indicate them personally their seat, according to a basic protocol. That was the case of the Achkaerinese guests, would be invited to sit down at the second of those tables, along other foreign diplomats and guests, as well as other Mktvartvelian officials. On their right was businesswomanMakvala Bendukidze, CEO of Mktvartvelian Airlines.

On the left side of the hall, on the other hand, there was a large number of wide rounded tables, where other guests, in particular those who had received a special invitation on demand or received an invitation from a third person instead. The guests from Revana, for example, was invited in a table which included, between others, tennis player Merab Arakishvili, and Nino Gamrekeli, television host of  "Bolo Pikrebi", considered the most watched television show in the last years.

"Ladies and gentlemen", Prime Minister Gela Berdzenishvili addressed the room, "my intervention will not be long as I understand we are all quite hungry right now", he joked as introduction line. The speech was not, however, as short as many would have preferred. His speech was centered in praising the work of the foundation, occasionally mentioned the public-private cooperation that his government had initiated with organizations such as the foundation in the last years. As soon as the speech ended, waiters and staff starting to bring trays and carts with food.

As first dish, the menu included soup of goose meat, spicy beef stew with tomato base, or a soup of spinach and garlic. "Excuse me", the waiter said, while he started to serve a group of guests with the former.

The Sinatdedopali looked at the dish, slightly amused at first, but looking up and down with a awkward smile.

"Albrekt! What are you doing?!", Nana said, who was expecting the work of the other employees serving the dinner.

"Excuse me", my most sincere apologies,  she continued, "yours and High Priestess Eter's dishes will be brought in a minute, Your Sublime Highness".

"No worries", Eter said, "we understand".

"Thanks", the Sinatdedopali said, slightly shrugging her shoulders.

"I may mishear", magistrate Irma Gordeli said, "but is he from Albrektberg by any chance?".

"Oh yes...I believe so...", Nana answered, "he joined us ten months ago. He is usually diligent but not sure he was thinking about".

"Let's just forget about it", the Sinatdedopali added, willing to end the anecdote, "it's not that big deal".

"Of course, Your Sublime Highness", Nana replied before leaving.

Once every guest had been served the first dish, Nana reminded through the speakers, that the northern doors of the hall will be opened in about forty minutes, in case anyone wanted to join early the Palace Gardens, where some performances will be offered in about a hour until the end of the event.

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2021, 09:13:03 PM »

Most guests were already tasting their desserts when the doors to the palace garden were opened and it was announced that, in a few minutes, a few performances, as well as free drinks, including exclusive wines from the vineyard that surrounded the garden.

Nana observed as the first guests entered the garden. Although the Tsitelibneli Sakhli Palace was one of the most prominent buildings of the city, it was actually its gardens that attracted the attention of many visitors, as it was considerably larger and more colourful -one the early Spring season- that the palace itself. The palace had been built in the early 19th century, conmemorating the first century after the establishment of the Unitary State of Mktvartvelo. The gardens, however, were expanded after the National War, in the early 20th century, as this obviously showed in a more adventurous architecture in the small rest houses and botanical buildings distributed through the garden. Nana, who although had worked for the foundation in the last four previous galas, only could personally contemplate the garden the previous year for first time, remained observing the guests with a slightly hidden smile. However, her posture turned a bit more rigid when she realized who were the last two people to enter the gardens.

"It was a tasty dinner, I must admit, Mrs. Chakhava", Makvala Bendukidze said to her interlocutor. "I had to miss it last years, but I'm glad to have come".

"Glad to hear that", Ketevan replied. "It will be always a honour to have your company between us. Thanks!".

"I hope it did not affect your noble aims, of course", Makvala continued, "but compared to the last time I attended, it was an atmosphere much more relaxed and calm, of course, with the sadly absences of His Most High Majesty and several members of the government".

"Of course", Ketevan diplomatically replied, "they are certainly busy officials, and their agendas do not always allowed them to attend modest initiatives as ours. About the Brzdmtsveli, it was a missing absence, obviously, but we hope to have him attending the next year, as he did in the past. I'm sure that he would have liked to be without us".

"Oh indeed", Makvala replied, "I have no doubts about that". As she talked, she observed the clear but rather cold night.

"Let's move, if you don't mind", Ketevan added, "we have installed a few heaters nearby that tent".

"Oh! I see!", Makvala replied. "Indeed".

"Your excellency...", a member of the staff holding a tray with several glasses approached them.

"Ah! Excellent!" Ketevan exclaimed, taking one of the glasses of wine. "You should taste it", she added looking back at Makvala.

"Let's see", Makvala replied, taking another glass. "Oh! Not bad, not bad...", she added after tasting it.