Author Topic: Trinitas TV  (Read 13126 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Trinitas TV
« on: November 20, 2021, 07:57:00 PM »

Reserved

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Election Day less than two weeks away
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 08:06:40 PM »

Election Day less than two weeks away

Trinitas TV news anchor

In less than two weeks Samantrans will go to the polls to elect the members of the state Duma. According to surveys the competition is tight with the two main parties the Legion of Archangel Michael (L.A.M.) and the Republican Party (R.P.) having equal chances to win a slim majority in the Duma. Should the Republican Party come on top then it would mark the first time since the Sacred War ended that the Legion would lose control of the Duma. But the most sought prize of this election is the spot of President of the Duma, the highest office in the land for laity, where Boris Kuzmin of the Legion of Archangel Michael and Yeva Litvin of the Republican Party are the top contenders.

The two candidates are representatives of the change of generation in the political class having being named in the case of Boris Kuzmin and elected when it comes to Yeva Litvin as leaders of the party less than four years ago and both being young for such high level position at under 40 years of age. In some ways the two are similar: for the both of them this is their first attempt at running for President of the Duma, both promise to bring change to Samantra 's foreign policy and regardless of who gets elected they will set a record for the youngest elected President of the Duma.

Boris Kuzmin was appointed Head of the Legion by Patriarch Alexy last Christmas. He is the youngest appointed leader of the Legion to date.

Yeva Litvin was elected Head of the Republican Party by the Republican caucus of the Duma in January of 2018. She is the first woman to be elected party leader of the Republicans.

However, when it comes to their political agendas the similarities stop, Boris Kuzmin has pledged to preserve the status quo in terms of social change and oppose any reforms especially those in relation to the Church of Samantra 's key position in society. Yeva Litvin on the other hand has promised to revitalize the economy via tax cuts for businesses as well as put forward legislation that will accommodate a greater variety of lifestyles. Where both of them agree is that they want Samantra to be more active on the world stage, a break from the previous leaders of their parties who sought to keep Samantra open to commerce with all nations but maintain a discreet role in foreign affairs. Yet the two share a different vision about how to approach engagement in world affairs. Yeva Litvin went for peace through strength and proposed a bold plan to increase military spending in the coming years and revamp the nation's navy, a move which was heavily criticized by Boris Kuzmin who has said such a measure would only raise tensions in the Rodinian sea. Boris Kuzmin on the hand has promised to foster better relations with Christian nations of Mundus in general and the Christian Orthodox countries in particular.

When it comes to donations raised, this electoral cycle is no different to the previous ones with the Republicans outspending the Legion one billion ruble to less than half a billion for the Legion. The Republican Party remains the favorite of the large companies of the country with 40 of the top 50 companies supporting the Republicans while the Legion could rely again on receiving generous donations from the Church. Furthermore, the Legion has continued to rely on donations from individuals receiving more than a million individual donations this campaign, a new record. By comparison, during the same period, the Republicans managed to raise less than 200 thousand donations.

Trinitas will be hosting two debates between the two main contenders. The first scheduled for next week will deal with issues relating to domestic issues with the latter, due to be held just two days before the election, handling mostly foreign policy issues.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The first debate of the election: domestic affairs
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 10:05:23 AM »

The first debate of the elections: domestic affairs

Natasha Nosov, one of Trinitas most well-known news anchors, moderated the debate and was not shy to publicly express her political leanings. 

M: "Firstly, allow me to start by thanking you both for coming here today to debate before God and the Samantran people. My name is Natasha Nosov and I will be moderating this debate. I have always voted Legion but I believe we are all Christians and Samantrans and I will do the best of my ability to be fair to both of you.”

“Let's start first with Ms. Litvin. You proposed a bold economic plan seeking to cut corporate tax from the current rate of 25% to 15% over the course of 5 years. How will the Samantran people benefit from such a proposal and where are you going to make cuts in order to make up for the lost revenue?”

Yeva: "By cutting taxes on businesses all stakeholders benefit, whether it's the shareholders by getting better dividends, the employees through better wages, the customers by getting cheaper products or local communities by getting more jobs as companies have more money to invest. These will grow the economy and allow our government to see greater growth in revenues from other sources: sales tax, dividends tax, income tax etc. We are also committed to cut waste in government spending. This is why we proposed a five year plan, to give the budget time to adapt to the change.”

M: “Mr. Kuzmin, your party has opposed the cut in tax for companies yet it proposed no change as an alternative. Is our current tax system perfect that it needs no change?"

Boris: “First of all, what the business environment needs is stability and predictability and the government has provided that. In fact we have seen Samantra prosper decade after decade. As the old saying goes "if it it's not broke don't fix it". “

M: “Under your proposed legislation package, there is one proposal that has caused arguably the most controversy. You are proposing to abolish the current law that mandates that any income married women earn be received by their husbands. Why does Samantra need such a change?”

Yeva: “We in the Republican Party believe that the law has outlived its purpose. It sought to solidify marriage in society and it has achieved that but now it is counterproductive and it has in fact become one of the reasons young women refuse to marry. By abolishing the law we are merely giving married couples the chance to arrange their affairs as they see fit.”

Yeva Litvin, candidate of the Republican Party, had at times a hard time explaining why Samantra needs her party’s proposed reforms.

M: ”Mr.Kuzmin Your party and yourself have been adamantly opposed to the change. Why is that?"

Boris: “The law has been in place before the start of the Sacred War and, I would like to remind that, it is in fact one law that both the communist and the fascists betrayers have sought to end. The law is in place to solidify marriage and the role of husbands and wives have in a marriage. Marriage is not just a contract, is a way of life. What my colleague here is proposing is to keep all the benefits of marriage the law provides but cut all the pieces that does not suite some in this country. With all due respect, if some disagree with this arrangement then perhaps marriage is not for them.”

M: “Ms. Litvin, what is Samantra's form of government?”

Yeva: “Samantra is a sui generis form of government in that…

M: ”Sorry to interrupt you but let me quote from the Republican Party platform:
“The Party defends the Republican form of government of Samantra which has been in effect since the abolishing of the monarchy in 1952.

Are you in disagreement with your party’s platform?”

Yeva: “No, but I acknowledge the fact that Samantra's institutions have evolved into what is now perhaps best described as a Christian Republic.”

Boris Kuzmin, candidate of the Legion, expressed concerns and opposition to the proposed changes of the Republicans but at times felt that he didn’t offer an alternative vision for Samantra.

M: “Mr.Kuzmin what is Samantra's form of government?”

Boris: “Samantra is a Christian theocracy. Our head of state is our Lord Jesus Christ as determined in the referendum of 1954 which passed overwhelmingly with over 95% percent of voters in favor. Until our Lord returns, in charge of the country is the Vicar of Christ, the Patriarch of Rus and all the Slavs, his holiness Alexy.”

Yeva: ”With all due respect, the referendum carried huge symbolic value but it had little legal implication.”

Boris: “I firmly disagree, if anything this election is symbolic since the President of the Duma serves at the discretion of the Patriarch. “

M: “Please, let us move to the next topic: education. Ms. Litvin, under your proposed reforms, we would see the public funding of secular schools for the first time since the Sacred War ended. Why should Christian taxpayers pay for such schools?”

Yeva: “Samantra has come a long way since the end of the Sacred War. Our society is changing and through these measures we seek to accommodate those who perhaps do not see fit for their children to have a Christian education. “

M: “So you believe that children should be robbed of the chance to know the teachings of Christ, our faith and our culture just because their parents want so? “

(Yeva takes a couple of moments before she could muster an answer)

Yeva: “No, not at all I… we believe the proposals will be in the best interest of all.”

M: “Mr. Kuzmin you and your party expressed vehement opposition to the change tell us why.”

Boris: “Firstly, because it is a false problem. We have private schools in Samantra and many of them are secular in nature. People are free to enlist their children in those schools. Education and healthcare are areas where the secular government has no jurisdiction and this proposal is just a way for Republican Party to attempt to extend control in areas where they have no jurisdiction. “

M: “Ms. Litvin you proposed to reform our immigration system from one based on the country of origin and the religion of the immigrant to one centered on the skills of the immigrant. Why is the change necessary and how will it benefit the Samantran people?”

Yeva: “Our economy is rapidly changing, it is becoming more advanced, more complex and more integrated in the wider Mundus economy. But with these changes the requirements for the workforce also change. With the proposed legislation we seek to implement a system based on the skills of the immigrant, the more he or she can contribute to our economy the higher the score. Right now the current system is ill adapted; we currently take in immigrants who cannot even speak our language…

(Boris interrupts): "But they know the Lord and they can learn our language."

M: “Mr. Kuzmin please let Ms. Litvin finish. I assure you that you will get a chance to reply. Please, Ms. Litvin...”

Yeva “I was just about to conclude that right now we have people coming in with no marketable skills and who do not even speak our language and yet we live behind those who do have the skills our economy needs and can benefit our country.”

M: “Please Mr. Kuzmin something tells me want to reply.”

Boris: “Implementing such a system would be a huge mistake and against the core values of Samantra. What my colleague is proposing is a materialistic system that diminishes the humanity of potential imigrants by reducing their value to just their work skills and rating them based on that. You might not have “marketable skills” but if you have a connection to this country through the millions of Samantrans that fled abroad during the Sacred War, if you are part of the Slavic civilization or just love the Lord and are fleeing a hostile regime there is a place for you here. Skills and language can be learned but kinship cannot.” 

M: “We are almost out of time. I would like to conclude by asking one more question to each of the candidates. Mr. Kuzmin, throughout this campaign Ms. Litvin has been attacked in the most unchristian manner referring, among other things, to her marital status, her faith and her morals. What do you say to those that engage in such conduct?”

Borus: “I have worked with Ms. Litvin in the Duma for the last four years and during this time I have developed a deep respect for her and friendship. I challenge any man to fight me in the ring[1] if he engages in such attacks.”

M: “Ms. Litvin throughout this campaign Mr. Kuzmin has been attacked in the most unchristian manner referring, among other things, to his character, his intelligence and his faith. What do you say to those that engage in such conduct?”

Yeva: “I deeply respect Boris and I consider him a friend. I have had the pleasure of meeting his wife and children on several occasions and I know he is a great father and protector. His family, his party and the country are better thanks to him. Those that say such reprehensible things simply do not know Boris. “

M: “I would like to thank you both for your time this evening. It’s been an honor to moderate this debate. Before we conclude, let us all present here and the viewers at home, join in saying the Lord's Prayer.
(The moderator stands up and begins):
“Our Father in heaven…”
 1. Samantra has a strong tradition of resolving personal disputes via fighting in the ring.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The last debate before Election Day: foreign affairs
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 04:17:51 PM »

The last debate before Election Day: foreign affairs

Natasha Nosov, one of Trinitas most well-known news anchors, also moderated the second debate.

M:"Thank you both for coming today to the last debate on this election cycle. Since both candidates seek to see our country more engaged on the world stage we will be focusing on each candidate’s vision for that potential future engagement.”

“As is already established tradition from the previous debate I will start with Ms. Litvin. Should you, by the grace of God, be elected President of the Duma, what country will you visit first and why?”

Yeva: “I will start with a tour of our immediate neighbors and friends Buryatia, Elista and Tuva. We have strong economic ties and, should the people of Samantra elect me, my administration will focus on developing those ties further and grow our diplomatic relations.

M: “Mr. Kuzmin?”

Boris: “Should I be elected, I will make my first trip to Vanora. That is where our Lord walked Mundus and believe that is where any President of the Duma should take his first trip.”

M: “The Civil War in Kaitaine has recently ended yet there is always the risk it will reignite and perhaps spill over into a regional conflict with the involvement of Rodina. Ms. Litvin what are your plans regarding this issue?”

Yeva: “The peace between the Theocracy of Kaitaine and the Soviet side remains fragile and the Rodinian threat continues to loom. This is why I proposed and increase in military spending as well as approach our immediate neighbors for talks. The Emerald Strait is under our control and I believe we need to act like it and assume our responsibility.”

Boris: “My administration would have peace as the main agenda. Increasing military spending would only raise tensions and start an arms race in the region. I acknowledge that both Soviet states of Rodina and Kaitaine are threats to Samantra yet at the same time I am confident that our military is more than capable of defending our nation and our immediate neighbors. I would also not "weaponize" the Emerald Strait as my colleague seems to suggest.”

M: “One of the most rapidly expanding international organizations is S.U.N. Cristopol, one of the nations close to us, is also a member of the organization. Would a future administration consider joining S.U.N. and why?”

Yeva: “I do not support joining S.U.N. or any such organization for that matter. I believe Samantra can manage its foreign affairs without the need of any such organizations.”

Boris: “I agree. S.U.N. is an organization made up of non-Christian nations. We have nothing in common with them and while we wish them well, joining their organization is out of the question.”

M:”The Metropolitan Bishop of Zaporozh, his holiness Tikhon, has said in regards to the use of the death penalty that it is and I quote: "an insult to the ten commandments, only God should appoint the time of our departure from this world." Samantra has the death penalty in use for treason against the Church and its state, murder, extreme sexual violence. How do you comment on that and do you have any plans to limit the death penalty?”

Yeva: “I respect the opinion of his holiness but disagree with it. Christian tradition, including the Bible, makes no mention that the death penalty is an insult. In fact throughout history the death penalty has been in place in many Christian countries including the Ardian Empire. As long as the purpose of the punishment is justice and not hate it is in accordance with Christian teaching and will continue to be a part of Samantra's justice system.”

Boris: “As a member of the laity I do not comment on the statements of his holiness. I will however say that such statements have never been supported by the Patriarch of Rus and all the Slavs, his holiness Alexy or any of our previous Patriarchs. As for the death penalty, the Legion fully supports its use in Samantra.”

M: "The Empire of Tamora has been sanctioned by more than a dozen countries. Do you plan on placing any sanctions on Tamora and why?"

Yeva: "I believe sanctions are counterproductive and see no reason for them. Midaranye is a key for our energy security and we need to be engaged there in order to promote stability and ensure the flow of oil continues unhindered. Relatively recent, during the Clysperi Civil War, we have seen just how connected we are to the region and how a conflict there can influence us here thousands of miles away. We were lucky then that the conflict was relatively quickly resolved but unfortunately we cannot say we had any contribution to that outcome. We need to be better prepared in case a future instability might ignite there. "

Boris:" I oppose sanctions because it hurts all Tamorans and worse it demonizes them. Tamora and Midaranye in general are not just about slavery or human rights abuses. Our Lord Jesus Christ is from Midaranye, our beloved Saint Parascheva, also called our Lady of Tamora is one of the most revered saints in Samantra and was born in Tamora, the Emirate of Seleucid was one of our allies during the Great War Era and Tamoran cinematography has distinguished itself well outside the borders of Midaranye.  My administration will seek to develop relations with the region where possible and where disagreements exist we will seek diplomacy. We must not forget that we are connected to Midaranye, we have a land connection from Samantra all the way to Izhitsa."

M: "If you had to pick a foreign leader from which you can say you draw inspiration from, whom would you choose and why?"

Yeva: "I would choose the Right Honorable Prime Minister Madeline Thatcher of the kingdom of Tytor. Why I do not agree with her policies, I appreciate how she has steered the kingdom through the years, kept and developed the close relation with Empire of Rokkenjima, preserved the national interest when required as in the case of the submarine deal and, perhaps most importantly, has not overshadowed the position of Prime Minister with her personality as many of the leader in Mundus are tempted to do so.”

Boris: “I would say his holiness Pope John Francis I of the Ecclesiastical State. He shows that you can lead and inspire millions regardless of borders and without armies and powerful state apparatus at your disposal. “

M: “Before we conclude, since we are in the last few days before election day, I will ask you to say a few words to the Samantran people watching right now."

Yeva: “Dear Samantrans, in a couple of days we will be going to the polls to choose how our country will be governed for the next four years. We have come a long since the Sacred War, our nation has been rebuilt, we enjoy prosperity like never before but in some ways we have yet to realize our true potential. We are a nation with a long history that makes us proud; approximately one hundred years ago our great grand fathers were fighting shoulder to shoulder alongside the great Ardian Empire against the full might of the Allied forces. Through our veins flows the same blood and it is earning for greatness to make an impact not just on these blessed lands or the Rodianian Sea but even beyond across all of Mundus. Let us regain our confidence and begin again making an impact in Mundus.”

Boris: “Beloved Samantras, we live in interesting times. I agree with my colleague that we are prosperous and free like never before and I believe we should be thankful to God for that. We have travelled this road since the Sacred War and it has brought us only blessings. We should be careful when asking for more and choosing a different path. Just a few years ago the powerful White League lead by formidable Ecclesiastical State was organizing military exercises across Mundus and showcasing its might. Today, the Ecclesiastical State is almost a city state. That is how fast a nation can fall when it no longer stands on the side of God. So in the coming days I ask you to pray about how to best decide at the polls. Will you choose to stay the current path that has brought us peace and blessings or choose a different one in the search for glory? Choose wisely, beloved Samantras. God bless you all!”

M: “Thank you both for your time. It has been a pleasure and honor to moderate the debate. Will you do me one last favor and join me in prayer for Samantra and its people?”

(Both candidates agree to join her in prayer).

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The results are in: Yeva Litvin wins
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 07:36:51 PM »

The results are in: Yeva Litvin wins 52% of the votes

The new President of the Duma, Yeva Litvin, celebrating her win

The electoral commission has just announced preliminary results after counting an estimated 95% of the votes and Yeva Litvin of the Republican Party is the winner with 52% of the votes. The results for the Duma are subject to change but it would seem the Republican Party is also the winner has a majority of 51 seats to the Legion's 49 seats.

With me today is political analyst Oleg Ivanov to best explain the implications of today's results:

-   Let's begin by saying what I on everyone's minds: a historic win!

-   Historic indeed. Ever since the Sacred War ended and the Duma was restored the Legion won every election. In the early sixties it used to win over 90 percent of the seats with the Republicans barely getting any seats in the Duma. It has been a steady decline and here we are today.

-   And what lead to this change?

-   There are dozens of factors and I could write a book on it. If I were to summarize, Samantrans of today have different expectations than say those of the sixties and seventies. They want a Samantra more engaged on the world stage, they want to travel without visas all over Mundus, to do business easier, they are more cosmopolitan and yes they want their country to be more assertive on the world stage. They look to the Sacred War not as a lesson about why you should not get involved in foreign affairs but a desire to revanche the past.

-   What did the Republican do right?

-   Well first they didn't give up. This is the result of decades of work and didn't happen overnight. One of their best moves was to get big business on their side. Something like 40 of the top 50 companies support them. Most assume that means the other 10 supported the Legion but in fact 8 do not make any political donations and only 2 support the Legion. Another thing they did right was to shed their radicalism. Yes, they still claim Samantra is a Republic but they've softened their speech and call it a Christian Republic and no longer claim they want to do away with the established spiritual institutions. And perhaps their best move regarding this election is their pick for President of the party. Yeva Litvin doesn't scare Legion voters like previous Republican party presidents used to do. House Umarov[1] was wise to take a step back and support a woman. I have legionaries friends who are firmly opposed to the Republican Party policies yet can't seem to dislike Ms. Litvin. They are so used to Republicans having a millionaire from the corporate world representing the party that they are caught on the wrong foot when they see her.

In the big cities, the Republican Party did really well with voters under the age of 35 and some took to the street to celebrate the Republican victory

-   What did the Legion do wrong?

-   First of all let's address the elephant in the room: corruption. After more than half of century in power the corruption is deeply rooted in the party. It is so endemic that it overshadows almost everything they stand for. The other thing they did wrong is that they failed to adapt. Their message is about the peace of prosperity they bring. Samantrans expect more than that, they now take those for granted. Also the Boris Kuzmin’s statement at the debate about the election vote being symbolic didn't help them.

-   What impact does the result have on the countries of the Rodinian sea? Should Rodina be worried about Ms. Yeva Litvin hawkish comments?

-   Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. That was just election talk. Yes, our military is strong but outside our sphere of influence in Buryatia, Elista and Tuva we have no friends let alone allies. Rodina even after experiencing years of minimal diplomatic presence has significant allies including East Moreland Rokkenjima. Ms. Litvin has a tough job in the coming years, she has created a lot of expectations and has no means to deliver.

-   One last question, can the Legion recover?

-   First of all let's not pretend that the Legion went through some catastrophe. It lost at a decent result one round of elections, it's hardly something to worry about. Secondly, them going into opposition will do them good since it will help with their corruption problem. It will also show the electorate that the Republican Party didn't have such issues because they weren't in power. So nobody should worry about them, they are still a powerful force.

-   One last question, what does this mean for Samantra's institutional arrangement? Will we see a Republic of Samantra?

-      No, as I said, the Republicans have won precisely because they have moderated on this issue. What I expect to see is an acceleration of the shift of power from the spiritual institutions to the secular ones. And I emphasize that only the pace of change will differ and not the direction because even under the Legion era,the shift of power went the same way. Let's not forget that after the restoration of the Duma, in the first years the entire executive branch was under the leadership of the Patriarch. It was under the Legion that the institution of the President of the Duma became an elected position by a nationwide vote and it slowly adopted prerogatives of the executive.

-   So you do not share the opinion of those that say that the era of harmony between the spiritual and the secular institutions is at an end and that from now on we will see a struggle for power between them?

-   It’s a possibility but I pray that doesn’t happen.

-   Thank you so much for your input. We will leave it like that.

Thank you all for watching. God bless you, God bless Samantra! 

1. One of the three major noble houses of Samantra, they are the financial backers of the Republican Party

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Stocks tank as fear of a political crisis looms
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 05:19:26 PM »

Stocks tank as fear of a political crisis looms

Sell was the word of the day at the financial heart of Samantra

The markets were down more than 10 percent today in a selloff rarely seen before. Investors dumped stocks as fear spread across the market that Samantra could enter a period of political turmoil or even a constitutional crisis. One financial analyst working for Vok Bank has said:

“It’s been three days since the electoral commission has certified the results of the vote and yet the Republicans and Yeva Litvin have not been invited to form a government. There has been plenty of speculation about what is going on behind closed doors and all the speculation has only helped fuel panic in the market that the change in secular government might not take place.”

The Republican victory has been very well received by financial markets since the Republicans have always been perceived as the pro-business party in the country. But for now the hope of the investors would seem to have been misplaced. Soon after the announced victory there were rumors that behind closed door there were negotiations about how to proceed with the Republican administration to that they receive the blessing of his holiness the Patriarch to form a government. Apparently the radical faction of the Republican Party considered it a formality and wanted his holiness, Patriarch Alexy, to personally come to the Duma to give his blessing and so negotiations broke off. The party is now split between listening to the radical faction which seeks to go for the nuclear option (and ignore his holiness altogether and go ahead with the forming of the government without his blessing) and the rest of the party which wants to continue negotiations.
It would seem the political tension have spread anxiety in society. On one side supporters of the Republicans gathered at the state Duma building in support of Yeva Litvin and the Republicans while supporters of the Legion gathered at the Patriarchal Palace asking his holiness the Patriarch to sideline the Republicans and name Boris Kuzmin of the Legion to form the next government.

Outside the state Duma building, some protesters were holding signs saying “My vote is not symbolic”

So far the is no end in sight to crisis but we can pray that a compromise will be reached soon before the current uncertainty begins to affect the real economy and the nation.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The song Stephen tops the chart
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 06:05:48 PM »

The song Stephen tops the chart

The song “Stephen”, an adaptation of the traditional folk song, has topped the chart in the country.

The Lyrics of the song (ooc: translation not mine) can now be heard on most tv and radio stations nationwide:

“I fell in love with Stephen
I fell in love just with him
Let me, mummy, marry him!

Heya, hoya, heya, heya, hoya
Let me marry, my mum!

When he looks at me I faint
How long I‘ve been waiting for him
I can’t say!

Let me marry, my mum!

Because I have, dear mummy
Chosen just him
Because I couldn’t fall in love
With any other boys

Let me marry, my mum!

Get married, girls, when boys propose to you
Let not evil tongues
Slander you in the village!”

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Yeva Litvin receives the blessing of the Patriarch
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2021, 07:10:06 PM »

Yeva Litvin receives the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Alexy

After the meeting, His Holiness Patriarch Alexy said he gives his blessing for Litvin to form a government in his name   

Fears and tensions have been alleviated following today’s meeting between Yeva Litvin and His Holiness Patriarch Alexy. The meeting which lasted several hours ended with each of the two giving a short statement to the press. The blessing of the His Holiness clears the way for Yeva Litvin to proceed with forming a government and assuming office of President of the Duma in the coming weeks. After the Patriarch’s announcement the current administration has stated it will begin coordinating with Litvin’s team for “an orderly transition”. Yeva Litvin is expected to announce her cabinet in the coming weeks and submit the cabinet list to the state Duma for approval. With the Republican Party having 51 seats out of 100, Litvin’s cabinet is expected to pass without any issues.

Yeva Litvin thanked the Patriarch for his blessing and pledged “to form a Christian government” and to “closely coordinate with His Holiness”

The song Stephen gets a cold reception outside of Samantra

Foreign users on social media platforms were not shy in expressing their criticism of the song

The Stephen song which proved to be a hit in Samantra has not been well received by some international listeners. One listener, probably from East Moreland, called it “awful” while another allegedly from Mktvartvelo suggested a ban on the song would be appropriate because of its subversive lyrics. A spokesperson for the band has said that while international reception has been “below expectations” the band remains committed to try and organize a tour aboard. “Perhaps the countries of the Rodinian Sea will be a batter market for the band” concluded the spokesperson. 

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
New cabinet approved by the Duma
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2021, 06:24:46 PM »

New cabinet approved by the Duma

President Yeva Litvin speaking before the Duma   

The new cabinet was approved by the state Duma following a vote of 51-0 with all Republican members of the Duma voting in favor of the cabinet appointments of Yeva Litvin and all Legion members abstaining. The decision to abstain rather than vote against the cabinet was unexpected since previous Legionnaire administrations have seen the Republican side voting against cabinet appointments. The leader of the Legion, Boris Kuzmin, explained during his speech in the Duma that since Ms. Yeva Litvin has received the blessing of the Patriarch the Legion won’t stand against her appointing a cabinet. 

President Yeva Litvin announces foreign policy agenda

In her speech before the state Duma, President Yeva Litvin announced her priorities for the next 12 months. She has stated in the coming week she will begin a tour of the nations of Buryatia, Elista and Tuva with the aim of further developing relations between Samantra and the said nations. Security was also mentioned as a top priority with the Soviet regimes of Rodina and Kaitaine named as “threats to the security of the holy kingdom and the stability of the Rodinian-maritime countries”. Her statement regarding the Soviet threat was met with applause in the chamber. The President of the Duma went on to praise the nations of Waddan, the Theocracy of Kaitaine and Chistopol for “taking action to protect their sovereignty”.

The Rodinian Sea was also mentioned as a strategic interest for the nation and the President of the Duma has stated that her cabinet will seek cooperation with the Rodinian-maritime countries but understandably left out from the list the name of Soviet Rodina. She did however add that the fact both Samantra and Zaporozh, two Christian orthodox countries, emerged from isolation at roughly the same time “cannot be a coincidence” and that she is certain the “Lord has a plan for the two nations”.

The region of MidAranye was also mentioned with the President of the Duma saying that a stable MidAranye is key to Samantra’s economic interests.

Lastly, Ms. Litvin pledged for the Samantran government to support Christian communities facing persecution anywhere in Mundus and for the holy kingdom to become a haven for them.   

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The Church announces a new saint: Artem of Zaporozhia
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2021, 07:43:40 AM »

The Church announces a new saint: Artem of Zaporozhia

Saint Artem of Zaporozhia as depicted in the first painted icon of him.   

This Saturday the holy Church issued a statement informing that beginning this Sunday the church has a new saint: Artem of Zaporozhia. According to the statement he was born as Artem Shapovalov in the late 1910s in the town of Horodets in Zaporozhia. Few details about his life in Zaporozhia are known, however church records show that he came to Samantra in the early 1950s driven by a sense of charity towards his Christian orthodox brothers from the other side of the Rodianian sea who were facing a humanitarian crisis and a civil war. Artem Shapovalov volunteered as a medic treating numerous Samantrans including many children. Over the course of two years he was detained and released several times by authorities of both rebel factions for aiding civilians regardless of their place of origin. His immense service brought him many friends among the poor and the destitute with many asking him to return to his native lands for fear of his life. Artem Shapovalov refused and continued to help and treat the never ending casualties of the war. In June 1953, the exact date unknown, he was brutally assaulted and robbed by the gangs roaming the city of Abinsk. Left wounded and lying on the street he was eventually found and recognized by one of the many who he had helped during his stay in Samantra. While he was brought to medical facility, the lack of medicine and personnel meant he did not receive proper treatment and eventually died. Eyewitness accounts say he experienced excruciating pain because of lack of medicine before passing away on the first of August 1953.

The life of Artem Shapovalov had not been mentioned before by the holy church and his canonization process has been extremely quick compared to others. During the sermon of the Divine Liturgy, his holiness Patriarch Alexy has also mentioned the saint:

“The life of Artem Shapovalov, now saint Artem, is one of self-sacrifice and dedication to others. He came to Samantra when we were fleeing the country in droves and he did so because he could not stand by and watch as fellow Christians were suffering and do nothing. He came to Samantra knowing very well that he could not change the course of events in the country though he helped saved dozens of lives. One makes us think just how Samantra would look now today had we all been and acted like him.

I know some of you are probably asking, why saint Artem is important. Though his dedication and suffering are exceptional they are not unique during the Sacred War. He matters because he shows that we were not alone during those dark times when Samantrans fought against Samantrans. We had support and prayers from our Christian brothers and sisters from across the sea and we must be grateful for that and never forget. Let the life and sacrifice of saint Artem make us think more about our Christian brothers of Zaporozh.

And before I conclude and since I have mentioned our Christian brothers of Zaporozh, I would like to inform you that there the church has also experienced hardship including having property taken away and thanks to the efforts by a man called Moisey Viktorov, a representative of a commune, not the head of government or a minister or a head of state, who sought to make right what was wrong the church there might have its properties restored. The good Lord works through men like Moisey Viktorov whom as brother Tikhon, the Metropolitan of Zaporozh, has said does the “Lord’s work”. So please pray for brother Tikhon, the faithful Moisey Viktorov and the people of Zaporozh.

God Bless you all and God bless the holy kingdom”.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Yeva Litvin issues the first pardon
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2021, 10:38:17 AM »

Yeva Litvin issues the first pardon

Trinitas TV news anchor

Earlier today, the office of the President of the Duma released a statement informing that President Yeva Litvin has used her executive power to pardon citizens Timur Vorobev and Olya Frolova. The couple was sentenced two years ago to a five year prison sentence for posting on social media a picture of simulating intercourse next to the Cathedral of the Martyrs of the Sacred War in Petrograd. The incident sparked national outcry at the time with both the secular and the religious courts claiming jurisdiction over the criminal act. Eventually a compromise was reached with the trial taking place in a secular court. The couple, unmarried, was sentenced to an unprecedented 5 year prison sentence for public indecency and also incitement to commit public indecency for posting a picture on social media.
The released statement of the President said that the couple has shown repentance for their criminal behavior adding that the 24 months served in prison had taught the young couple a valuable lesson.
Sources close to the families of the couple have said that the two plan on leaving the country and settling aboard in the next months.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Family First: an interview with Mrs. Nadiya Viktorov
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2021, 06:37:30 PM »

Family First: an interview with Mrs. Nadiya Viktorov

The village of Krasnoe, near the city of Horodets, in the Free Lands of Zaporozh, is Viktorov’s family holding

Today’s weekly interview is with someone outside the borders of our country and yet close to the heart of our faith. I travelled more than fifteen hundred miles to the village of Krasnoe, deep in the Zaporozh, to meet the famous Mrs. Nadiya Viktorov. Wife to the very influential statesman Moisey Viktorov and a mother of three wonderful children, Mrs. Nadiya Viktorov is truly blessed by God and she has used that blessing to help her family and those in need. Her good works with the poor have changed the lives of hundreds of people in her lands and word of her work and dedication to Saint Alypius the Stylite has reached our shores.
With so many tasks at hand I am truly grateful that Mrs. Viktorov took the time to answer a couple of questions:

-   In recent times, as our two countries emerged from a relative isolation, there is a renewed interest in Samantra over the life and culture of the people of Zaporozh. Let me begin by asking you how would you describe in a few words the Zaporozh of today?

-   "As 2021 turns into 2022 Zaporozh is standing in the middle of a cross roads between two lands. In our hearts we have a closeness to the land, our families and our Church. That closeness though can only take us so far. The other land is one where a closer unity between all people within our borders, within our region and within our continent. We as a people are happy to continue on our way of being farming communities intent on ensuring everyone has enough and no-one goes without. We are content to spend our time enjoying the land and the past times it presents but a few steps must be taken to add to this, not subtract, so that our children can enjoy the prosperity we have."

-   Your husband is often described as being the most influential man in Zaporozh. Tell us a bit about how it is to be the wife of such an important man and tell us if that puts a strain on family life.

-   “The media like to say many things. Zaporozh is a nation where kinship groups and communes have more of an influence on your life than perhaps a single nation does. My husband is of course the most influential man in our kinship group, he is the Patriach of our family. At times this can be challenging as he is a man determined to do his duty and that means long hours of work, many days away and a strain on his time. While he is away I do my best to ensure our children get to school, work hard, behave as we would expect and grow to be happy and productive young adults. All good Zaporozhian men work hard for their families to provide for them, I am no different and thanks to the fact we enjoy larger extended families than most on Mundus it doesn't actually put too much of a strain on our life."

-   Your work with organizations connected to the veneration of Saint Alypius the Stylite has reached the other side of the Rodin… aa… the other side of the sea we share. Please tell us a bit about the work that you do and why Saint Alypius the Stylite is important to you personally.

-   “Ask the vast majority of women in our nation and their primary desire is to help our children grow in safety and security with good health and happiness. I am blessed to be in a position where I can do that beyond my family and as a result I see first of all my own communes children as merely an extension of mine and naturally then this progressed out to the nation. Saint Alypius the Stylite also helps women conceive and I would be heart-broken if I couldn't be a mother. The blessed saint means all women can enjoy being a Mother. Our duties with organisations are simple. We help ensure our children have a better life than our own. If each generation does this then the whole world will be a better place. Currently we're trying to expose our children to more creativity to help them express themselves in a world that in the 21st Century is becoming ever more complex and confusing for young people. Art is becoming more devious in its messages and by encouraging youngsters to take up art in a morally positive way ensures they can focus their expressions in a way as to contribute to our lands.”

-   You have been blessed with three wonderful children with ages between 15 and 5. How do you teach them traditional Christian and Cossack values in an ever globalized Mundus?

-   “Our school system is one that in some ways you could argue is a little backwards compared to some. We do not put a great emphasis on the use of computers and technology. I think that must change though if we're to compete with the world. We focus instead on ensuring our young people have a great pride in who they come from and where they are going. The teaching of history helps understand morallity and critical thinking. Theology gives them a moral compass to guide them. Literature exposes them to the great ideals of the past and our focus on more vocational skills ensures every person leaves school self sufficent and ready for hard work. With the focus of good morals, a sense of national pride and a superb work ethic a Zaporozhian can turn their hand to anything. My concern though is that perhaps we have left education to be determined by a commune rather than nationally. As a result some institutes have fallen by the wayside and not all students have enjoyed the fine education my children are privledged to have as our commune values and promotes education at all levels. As for being a Cossack this is achieved by more on the job training so to speak. We live the Cossak values everyday of discipline, hard work and family. This means all children grow up living and breathing our traditions and keep them alive for the future.”

-   Both Samantra and Zaporozh have a common language with Soviet Rodina but Zaporozh also shares a border. How would you describe Rodina’s cultural influence in Zaporozh and is it a threat to Zaporozh’s traditional Christian and Cossack heritage?

-   “Our nation shares a long intertwined history with Rodinha. Sometimes we co-operated with them, other times opposed them. As such it is only natural that some of their culture has mixed with our own, in fact it was in the 1400's that our people came to these lands desperatly trying to keep alive our traditions in the face of changes and persecutions in Rodinha. In that sense I suppose you can say we are the truest form of Rodinhans from the two nations as we have not bowed to changes in values brought about by the politicians of Communist leanings. Since the GReat War we have been even more fiercely indpenedent than ever before and our nationalism is infact growing. Had you asked someone a few years ago where they were from they would have named their commune. Now as we seek to forge a stronger national identity the word Zaporozhian is more utilised. While we shall always stand by "Family First" the notion of family is extending to those beyond our own farms and communes.  Rodinha may share a border with us but they are not a threat to us, nor us to them. As long as we can farm, pray and enjoy life we are content to be a friend to all and enemy of none.”

I couldn’t not depart from Zaporozh until I had thanked Mrs. Viktorov for her hospitality by saying a prayer and lighting a candle for her and her family.

I did not get the chance to spend as much time in Zaporozh as I would have liked but even in the short time I have spent here I have come to feel what Mrs. Viktorov means when she says “Family First". Zaporozh is indeed a nation forged around family identity with the major decisions being made at the communal level.
As I waited at the airport for my flight home, I couldn’t help but think that even though our two nations share a common ancestor in Rodina, a common faith, a common language and many values our two cultures are indeed quite different and worth exploring. I hope I have managed to transmit to you a curiosity to explore Zaporozh.

Thank you for watching. “

OOC: I thank Parbhani for doing most of the work by answering my questions for the interview. Nadiya's answers are entirely his work.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
President’s Christmas message to the nation
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2022, 06:15:34 PM »

President’s Christmas message to the nation

President of the Duma Yeva Litvin addressing the nation on Christmas day

“Dear Samantrans, today we celebrate the birth of Christ. It is a time of joy and hope, a time for family and church, for expressing gratitude and generosity for everything that we have. And we are not alone in our celebration, the people of Zaporozh, Halych, Nis, Elista, Buryatia and Tuva also celebrate with us.

For us as Samantrans the holiday has another dimension for it is Jesus Christ that is the king of Samantra. It is perhaps hard to grasp how from a modest beginning in Vanora, two thousand years later his message of hope resonated so profoundly that millions of Samantrans voted, down here on Mundus, to make Him up there the king of Samantra. That is just one of the many examples of how Christ has changed our lives and made an impact on Mundus.

While we celebrate today I also want us to pray for the Christians of Rodina who for more than two centuries have lived in darkness and despair not being allowed to profess their faith and are persecuted like the first Christians two thousand years ago. To our Christian brothers in Rodina we say that we have not forgotten them and that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I pledge that my administration will do more for the persecuted Christian community of Rodina and persecuted Christians in general. Samantra has been perhaps too silent for decades, today at the celebration of the birth of Christ I pledge that Samantra will be silent no more.

Rejoice Samantrans for Christ is born! Merry Christimas and God bless you all!”

OOC: Please assume this was posted in the 7th of January

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile

Petrograd Stock Exchange(PSE) to change its regulations in an effort to attract companies from the other Rus’ states

The Rus’ Tower in Petrograd is home to the Petrograd Stock Exchange (PSE)

The chairman of the Petrograd Stock Exchange has stated in an interview for Trinitas TV that PSE will seek to adapt its regulations in an effort to make the market more accessible for foreign companies:

“I am pleased to say that the proposal to change the strategy of the Petrograd Stock Exchange has been approved by the board. With the new strategy we seek to make our stock exchange an attractive market for companies across the sea of Rus’ (ooc: Rodinian Sea) to attract capital by initiating a public offer of shares or by issuing bonds.

We believe there is a lot of potential and there is also a need of capital. Just recently State of Halych has announced that peace has been restored and, in my opinion, they will need capital to finance their reconstruction. The Kingdom of Nis has also recently emerged from isolation and their companies might be looking to expand aboard while the nation of Zaporozh has been rediscovering its ties to Samantra which could lead to renewed economic interest. Also, let’s not forget the large market of more than 140 million people that is Chistopol.

In the coming weeks we will be studding the commercial legislation of the countries of the sea of Rus’ and see how we can accommodate their particularities to our exchange. Afterwards, we will begin a marketing campaign to promote our exchange in the countries of the sea of Rus’ by which we hope to attract investors from those countries to Petrograd. We have more than 500 public companies listed on our exchange from various sectors including real estate, financial services, automotive, telecommunication and others so potential investors will have plenty to choose from.”

During the press conference, the chairman has said he does not exclude the possibility of going aboard to discuss with partners of the sea of Rus’ countries on how to harmonize legislation, exchange information so to make investing more accessible across the border and help with fiscal obligations.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Church ranks first in trust among Samantrans
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2022, 06:54:37 PM »

Church ranks first in trust among Samantrans

Faith in God and trust in the Church are the foundations on which the Holy Kingdom is built

According to the recent survey, the Samantran Orthodox Church remains at the top of the institutions Samantrans trust with 85% of Samantrans saying they trust the Church. followed by the Samantran Armed Forces at 75% and the office of the President of the Duma at 55%. The survey offers little change from the previous years and shows that the Legion losing the latest round of elections last year is not a sign that regular Samantrans have lost trust in the Church.

One sociologist explained “the results are hardly surprising, the Church is after all responsible for education in Samantra and is ever present in the life of Samatrans thorough services like family courts, healthcare and education. Ever since the Sacred War, the Samantran society has gravitated around the Samantran Orthodox Church and it has shaped perceptions and cultural identity. For many to be Samantran Orthodox is to be Samantran and vice versa so the survey must be read with that in mind.” 

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The holy kingdom celebrates the Feast of the Epiphany
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2022, 09:41:39 PM »

The holy kingdom celebrates the Feast of the Epiphany

A Samantran woman making the sign of the cross as she enters subzero water

Every year on the 19th of January the Samantran Orthodox Church celebrates the Feast of the Epiphany when our Lord was baptized in the river Jordan. It is also the day that thousands of Samantrans celebrate the holiday by taking a dive in subzero waters in lakes and rivers nearby wearing only bathing suits. The tradition long predates the Sacred War and it has not always been sanctioned by the Church, in fact in the first decades after the Sacred War (1950s-1970s) the Church strongly discouraged the practice but with little practical success so ever since has fully embraced it.  Many Samantrans engaging in the practice strongly believe that act will cleanse their sins while others do it as a form of respect for their family tradition.

Another popular tradition is having the local bishop throw a wooden cross in a running water with the faithful racing to recover it. Tradition says the man recovering it will have health and good fortune all year. This year one such race was won by Yuli Lebedev a naturalized citizen of the Earagon faith who arrived with his parents in the 90s to escape the Earagon genocide in Rodina. Despite not being of the Christian faith he not only took part in the race but won it and he explained to our reporter why:

“I did it for my son Vlad, he has cancer and the doctors recommended that I pray for him. The local community encouraged me to take part because they said winning the race can bring good fortune and so I did. I feel blessed and I think this is a sign that my son will be ok.”

Yuli Lebedev holding the holy cross after winning the race to recover it

OOC: Assume this was posted on the 19th of January.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The embassy in Achkaerin will remain closed
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2022, 08:44:43 AM »

The holy kingdom will continue its longstanding policy of not having an embassy in Achkaerin

Natasha Nosov, one of Trinitas TV most well-known news anchors

The new Republican government has finished reshuffling the ambassadors to the capitals of Mundus changing them with new diplomats or longstanding supporters of the Republican Party. One aspect that was closely watched was to see if the longstanding policy of not having an embassy in Achkaerin would be reversed but it would seem the fears were unfounded. Ever since the Great War Era in which the Achkaerin Empire unleashed nuclear hell on the Ardian population, Samantra has kept its embassy in Achkaerin closed with activities relating to Achkaerin being delegated to the embassy in Revana. The secular government has confirmed that they have not applied to reopen the embassy and have no intention to do so saying the "circumstances have not changed and the embassy in Revana is doing a stellar job in handling the affairs relating to both countries. "

Information coming from sources inside the Republican Party confirmed that the Litvin administration considered reopening the embassy in Achkaerin but decided against it after realizing that it would lack support in the Duma for such a measure.

The violence in Centralia used as justification to expand the navy in latest Duma debate

The Litvin administration has put before the Duma the proposed budget for 2022. One of the most contentious aspects of it is a staggering 20 percent increase in the budget for defense, a campaign promise which the current administration seems to follow through.

One Republican member of the Duma had this to say:

"The previous Legion administrations have not provided the funding needed for our Armed Forces and that is a security liability the Litvin administration is currently attempting to fix. We need only to look at the recent developments in Centralia, while our government was telling the embassy to issue refugee visas, the Rokkenjima and Tytor were sending warships close to Centralia and that is while they are engaged in other operations in the Sea of Kyne against the Iwi. Rokkenjima has a long history of supporting Soviet activity in our region and their likely presence in Centralia is a security risk for Samantra. This is why the increase in funding for our defense is critical and construction on a new carrier must begin immediately."

The Legion opposition however was not convinced with the leader Boris Kuzmin having this to say:

"The government is using any excuse to increase funding for the defense and reward the donors of the Republican Party. While having a Rokkenjima backed government in Centralia would indeed worrying development I fail to see how engaging in a race to outspend them on building warships will do anything but eventually bankrupt us."

The budget is expected to pass next week and construction of the carrier will likely begin in the next couple of months.

Spoiler: show

This part is retcon since I mistaknely thought that Clysperis left OPEN:

As Clysperis leaves OPEN hope rises to see the price of oil decrease

The Petrograd Stock Exchange (PSE) saw its main index jump 4 percent after news of Clysperis leaving OPEN on the hope that such a move could lead to a decrease in the price of oil. Samantra is an importer of oil and gas, and a lower price of oil would help the economy of the holy kingdom.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The Umarov Real Estate Trust (URET) acquires a famous landmark of Petrograd
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2022, 09:28:07 AM »

The Umarov Real Estate Trust (URET) acquires a famous landmark of Petrograd

The two centuries old building is at the heart of Petrograd's old commercial district

The Umarov Real Estate Trust (URET) has acquired one of the landmark buildings of Petrograd for 200 million rouble (USD). The Old Stock Exchange building used to house the Petrograd Stock Exchange until 2010 when the new Rus’ Tower skyscraper was built and the institution moved there. Ever since then, the local government has struggled to find a new purpose for the building and has tried to sell it. Several NGOs objected and sued the local government in an effort to stop the sale as they believed such an important landmark should remain with the government rather than be auctioned off for profit. Last year the litigation eventually ended with the local government being allowed to go ahead with its plans.

The Umarov Real Estate Trust is the largest Real Estate Investment Trust in Samantra with assets of over 100 billion roubles (usd) and is listed on the Petrograd Stock Exchange. The trust buys or builds various types of real estate (residential, commercial etc) and rents them. Its portfolio numbers: the Rus’ Tower (the tallest building in the holy kingdom), over 100 thousand residential properties, over a dozen malls and numerous other properties.

A representative of URET has this to say:

“We are extremely pleased that our offer for the building has been accepted. We have great plans for the building and we will be listening to our critics who want to make sure the building that they love so much will not only be well preserved but a new purpose will be found which will allow it to regain its glory and serve the public yet again.”

Sources close to the trust have said they are looking to expand aboard and set aside a significant budget for acquisitions. While it is yet unclear where the trust looks to expand analysts expect it to be in the Rus’ countries with Halych being a potential main target as well as Chistopol. 

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile

The Holy Synod rules that no children public accommodation is no longer allowed in the holy kingdom

Such signs will no longer exist in Samantra’s hospitality industry

The Holy Synod of the Samantran Orthodox Church, the highest court in the land, has ruled against the hospitality industry deciding that establishments that provide for profit accommodation such as hotels and motels cannot discriminate against families with children by not providing services to them. The decision effectively bans adult only hotels in the holy kingdom.

The ruling comes after years of litigation in secular courts by a Samantran family that was refused accommodation in Petrograd because they had children and the hotel would only allow adults of 18+ to the hotel. The family of eight sued the hotel but lost in secular courts. Their case was eventually taken by the Holy Synod and this week a decision was reached stating that “in the country where Christ is King children should always be welcomed. The pecuniary reasons for banning minor children from public accommodation do not have a standing in the holy kingdom”.

The impact of the decision on the hospitality industry is hard to asses. During the trial the hospitality industry has claimed that such a ruling could see the sector at a disadvantage when competing with accommodation abroad and thus could lose up to a billion roubles (USD) per year from Samantran tourists choosing to go aboard rather spend their vacation in Samantra.   

The decision was welcomed by the Legion, Samantra’s main opposition party in the Duma, with the leader Boris Kuzmin calling “A victory of decency against greed” adding that “the fact that the family could not find justice in secular courts is proof why the holy kingdom is blessed to have the Holy Synod as the highest court of the land”. The Litvin administration has stated “that it will see to the immediate implementation of the ruling and that it does not comment on the decision of the justice system.”

While the hospitality industry as a whole decried the ruling some independent hotels have welcomed the decision saying that the ruling will help develop Samantra’s reputation as a family friendly destination for foreign tourists.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Anastasiya Lazarenko, one of Samantra's best violinists, performed in Vinitsia
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2022, 06:21:21 PM »

Anastasiya Lazarenko, one of Samantra's best violinists, performed in Vinitsia

Anastasiya Lazarenko performing a piece by Vivaldi in Vinitsia

Anastasiya Lazarenko, one of Samantra's best violinists, has recently performed in faraway Vinitsia for the first time in her career. Miss. Lazarenko’s popularity in Samantra has continued to grow in recent years and her reputation is now growing beyond the borders of the holy kingdom. According to her spokesperson, the Miss. Lazarenko is expected to continue her foreign tour but has declined to mentioned the next country on the agenda. 

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Minister of Defense honors conscripts
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2022, 02:22:48 PM »

Minister of Defense honors conscripts

Each year over 300,000 Samantran men are called to service

Last year over three hundred thousand men served the mandatory 12 months military service in the Samantran Armed Forces continuing a tradition that goes back to the late 19th century. During a visit at a military base near Petrograd, Defense Minister Yuri Astov thanked conscripts in the name of the secular government saying their service "helps keep the Holy Kingdom Samantra sovereign and free and for that the government and the people of Samantra are grateful."

According to polls the mandatory military service enjoys wide support among the electorate with 80% agreeing that men should serve a minimum of one year in the armed forces.

Controversial legislation proposal clears major hurdle

The "Separation of Incomes Act"(SIA) has received the green light from the legislative committee of the Duma and will be sent to the floor of the Duma for a vote. The law which seeks to interfere with family law, a matter reserved for religious courts and the spiritual government, aims to end the current practice in which incomes of married women are received by their husbands in accordance to a law that mandates the practice. The proposed legislation was a campaign promise of President Yeva Litvin and the current administration has pushed hard for the act despite opposition from civil society and the spiritual government. One Legion member of the Duma has criticized the whole process “as rushing through a change to the fabric of society without regard over the implications".

The proposed the legislation has also been harshly criticized by Church affiliated NGOs as opening the gateway of liberalizing divorce and described as a power grab by the secular government over a matter that it has no jurisdiction over.

The proposed law is expected to pass the Duma as the Republican Party holds a majority of fifty one seats out of one hundred.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Heated exchange on the floor of the Duma
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2022, 05:58:53 PM »

Heated exchange between Legion leader and Republican assemblywoman over the "Separation of Incomes Act"

Trinitas TV news anchor

During deliberation on the floor of the Duma, Boris Kuzmin the leader of the Legion, the opposition party in the Duma, harshly criticized the proposed "Separation of incomes Act" as "an attack on marriage and the very fabric of Samantran society " and has evoked similar attempts of reforms in the history of Samantra initiated by the fascists and the communists in the late 1940s. He further added that if such interference of the secular government in family life should pass "Samantra would cease to be a holy kingdom."

Assemblywoman Karina Loginov went out of line in her retort to Boris Kuzmin when she stated she "prays every day for the end of the holy kingdom and restoration of the republic " which although earned ovation from the radical faction of the Republican Party, it drew criticism from the opposition and many of her party colleagues including the President of the Duma Yeva Litvin which condemned the assemblywoman’s statements. Far from calming the spirits, the President’s comments further displeased the radical faction of the Republican Party which in return called her statements "a betrayal of Republican values ". The session was eventually suspended and the Duma will reconvene tomorrow for a vote.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
A sad day for Samantra: "Separation of incomes act" (SIA) passes the Duma
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2022, 05:08:47 PM »

A sad day for Samantra: "Separation of Incomes Act"(SIA) passes the Duma

The Duma voted for the act despite opposition from civil society and the spiritual government

In a vote along party lines, 51-49, SIA passes the Duma and will become the law of the land thirty days after its official publication in the Official Monitor of laws.

The Legion, the opposition party, has already called for public protests and for the Holy Synod to overturn the law. Trade unions affiliated with the Samantran Orthodox Church have officially started the procedures for a general strike.

Trinitas TV will continue to bring you the latest on this developing story.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile

Petrograd experiences massive traffic jams as trade unions begin a general strike

More than 50 percent of employees of the public transport in Petrograd went on strike in protest of the Duma passing SIA (Separation of Incomes Act)

Petrograd and other major cities experienced major traffic disruption as trade unions began a general strike asking for SIA to be repealed. The largest confederation of trade unions, the Brotherhood, has declared a general strike and has asked the other major confederations of trade unions to join but so far the others have yet to make a decision. The Brotherhood has a longstanding affiliation to the Legion and the Church and thus it was expected for them to answer the call. Teachers and doctors have also joined the strike but have limited it only to warning strikes so far.

Judges from religious courts also went on warning strike (wearing white armbands) against the law in significant numbers

The secular government has announced that they will seek to block the strike by appealing to the secular courts later today. It remains to be seen if the courts will side with the administration on the issue.

Boris Kuzmin, the leader of the Legion, the opposition party in the Duma, has called for public protests nationwide against SIA asking for its repeal:

"The Samantran people need to come in large numbers in the streets and send a powerful message to the current government who are simply drunk with power and think they own the country. They seek to turn Samantra into a godless Republic like Rodina or Fleur but we will not let them, the Samantran people are in charge not the politicians in the Duma or the Oak Palace ( ooc: secular government)."

Sources close to the Legion say they have started mobilizing its base and are planning week-long protests. With the Legion having around 2 million registered members, it is expected that they will be able to mobilize a large number of Samantrans in the coming days.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Courts side with the trade unions: general strike continues
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2022, 07:37:07 PM »

Courts side with the trade unions: general strike continues

Trinitas TV news anchor

The Litvin administration had a though couple of days as the courts started issuing their rulings over the government objection over the strike. The administration had appeal to the courts to suspend the general strike started by the Brotherhood Confederacy of trade unions claiming they are politically motivated and as such not allowed for public services employees. The first court to rule on the matter was the one in Novyy Rim, the spiritual capital of Samantra and a Legion stronghold. It was then of no surprise the lower court there sided with the trade unions and dismissed the administration’s claim. It is the lower Petrograd court where the hopes of the administration laid since the secular capital is a stronghold of Republican support. The court there however declined to expedite the hearing and instead scheduled it one month from now allowing the strike to continue until a decision will be reached. In the coming days other lower courts will present their decisions but it is unlikely that the administration will get a better outcome than the one in Petrograd.

President Litvin cancels all foreign trips, reschedules planned meetings

The Oak Palace (ooc: matonym for the Samantran the secular government) has announced that President Litvin has canceled all planed foreign trips and planned meetings. Minister of External Affairs Maria Mikhailov will be assuming the duties of representing Samantra aboard.  According to the statements released, President Litvin will dedicate exclusively handling the current domestic crisis.

The trade union representing L&K Auto employees goes on strike

All three L&K factories suspended production

The trade union representing L&K Auto employees has announced a general strike asking an increase in wages of 10%. L&K Auto is Samantra’s largest car manufacturer and has three factories and employs over 50 thousand people. Initial reports state that over 50% of the union workers have joined the strike. This makes the first private trade union to join the general strike even though it is for reasons unrelated to the strike announced by the Brotherhood Confederation of trade unions.   

Protests against the Separation of Incomes Act (SIA) spread across Samantra

Boris Kuzmin, the leader of Legion, the opposition party in the Duma

Anti SIA protests have spread across Samantra with over 100 thousand taking to the street of Petrograd this Sunday alone, the largest number since the protests started. Boris Kuzmin, the leader of Legion, the opposition party in the Duma, joined the protests. At one time during the protests, one masked citizen threw ink at Boris, the perpetrator was quickly apprehended by Boris' supporters and handed over to the police. Boris however continued his protests unabated saying:

“That poor man is just a puppet, I forgive him. They can’t stop us. No matter the hate and vitriol they throw at us we will continue to protest. The current administration is beholden to radical extremists that seek to abolish our holy kingdom. They poison our society with hate. But we will prevail, there is a hundred thousand of you here today and tomorrow we will be twice as many."

Proposed resolution to condemn Pharaoh Akasha’s statements does not reach the floor of the Duma

Following the outrageous statements made Pharaoh Akasha’s statements that suggested women in the holy kingdom are worth less than men and that Samantra is now making “a first step” to correct that, the Duma moved quickly to issue a resolution to condemn the statements in the harshest of terms. Initially, the proposed resolution it gathered bipartisan support. However, following serious reservations expressed by the Oak Palace (ooc: secular government) the committee of foreign affairs did not issue a positive vote with all Republican members of the committee voting to abstain and as did one Legion member.  The official explanation was that Pharaoh Akasha’s statements must be interpreted as electoral campaigning and not the official position of the Clysperi government and as such a response is not warranted. A bizarre explanation considering Pharaoh Akasha does not stand for election and is an absolute monarch. One Legion member of the committee that voted in favor of the proposed resolution had just one word to say when asked why the resolution eventually failed the committee: “Oil”. He then declined to comment further on the issue.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Havasi' latest concert a success
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2022, 06:33:11 PM »

Havasi' latest concert a success

Vladimir the Great Sports Arena in Petrograd, Holy Kingdom of Samantra

Boris Havasi described by some as Samantra’s best contemporary pianist dazzled the 50 thousand attendees of the Vladimir the Great Sports Arena in Petrograd . The concert, which also featured the Samantran National Orchestra and the nation known singer Edina Petrov, was described by critics as a masterpiece that manages to touch the soul.

The concert was a welcomed distraction in a city that is greatly affected by strikes and a nation that is divided following the passing the controversial S.I.A. (Separation of Incomes Act). Havasi will continue to perform in other major cities of Samantra provided that the general strike does not further affect transportation and logistics.

The spokesperson for the artist has said that Havasi will also perform in the Grand Duchy of Belgravia and should he receives invitations, he would also perform in other countries: “Havasi’ music transcends the borders of Samantra. We are confident his talent will find an audience across the peoples of Rus’ and maybe even beyond.”

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
President Litvin flies to Novyy Rim in an effort to solve the current crisis
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2022, 09:48:05 AM »

President Litvin flies to Novyy Rim in an effort to solve the current crisis

Trinitas TV news anchor

As the Samantran economy continues to slow down day by day the current administration seems unable to find a response or a way to deescalate the current crisis. Meetings with the trade unions at the Oak Palace with President Litvin have brought no results and strikes are spreading from sector to sector raising concerns that if things continue for much longer Samantra could enter a recession. These concerned seemed to be shared by the business community as today an open letter was addressed to the Oak Palace signed by representatives of the major companies listed on the Petrograd Stock Exchange asking the administration “to find a solution that addresses the concerns of all sides and stops the current deadlock that jeopardizes the financial wellbeing of all citizens in the country”.

News of the strikes has gone beyond the borders of Samantra with care-packages arriving from the Kovel commune in Zaporozh for those striking. The packages were distributed with great care to those striking.

Local parishes blessed the food received from Zaporozh before distributing it to the people striking

With the crisis spiraling out of control, the President has announced she will fly to Novyy Rim,the spiritual capital of Samantra, where she will meet the His Holiness Patriarch Alexy in an effort to find a solution to the current stalemate. His Holiness Patriarch Alexy had been silent on the issue but the many of the bishops did not shy away in expressing full support for the strikes and actively encouraged the faithful to protest. President Litvin’s visit to Novyy Rim is seen by many as a concession and as a way of admitting that it is unable to steer the country away from the current impasse. It will remain to be seen what the results of the talks will be.   

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Strengthening Military Procurement Act (SMPA) passes the Duma
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2022, 05:27:18 PM »

In a rare bipartisan support Strengthening Military Procurement Act (SMPA) passes the Duma

Trinitas TV news anchor

In a rare display of bipartisan support Strengthening Military Procurement Act (SMPA) passes the Duma 62 to 38. The bill was voted by 40 Republicans and 22 Legion members of the Duma and will seek to reform the military procurement of the Samantran Armed Forces. The current laws make it all but impossible for military acquisitions to take place from foreign suppliers if there is a domestic supplier providing the same product.

SMPA amends the current legislation allowing the secular government to make purchases of military equipment from military supplies even when a domestic supplier provides the same product on the condition that the foreign product is “substantially better”, demonstrated by an Armed Forces report, than what is available on the domestic market. Furthermore, the SMPA provides that such military purchases must be approved by a supermajority of 60 members of 100 in the Duma. The law was opposed by the domestic arms industry for fear that it would lead to loss of future contracts at home with no real prospect that the Samantran arms industry will be able to win contracts aboard since the holy kingdom is not part of any military alliance or international organization.

SMPA makes no reference to any foreign military supplier or equipment but sources close to the defense committee of the Duma have said that during the debates that Project Zarptica was mentioned as the likely beneficiary of the law. The Samantran Navy has been expanding lately and it’s building a new carrier but the current carrier capable multi-role fighters of the navy are both old and soon to be insufficient in numbers. Same sources say that some members of the committee were displeased with such a prospect since the holy kingdom has no agreement with SUN and or any of its members but has a dispute with Drenovia over their treatment of the local Christian community. It was their insistence that lead to the inclusion of the amendment providing a super majority in the Duma for such purchases to take place. 

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Breaking news: Referendum to be held over repealing SIA
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2022, 07:14:01 PM »

Breaking news: Referendum to be held over repealing SIA

Trinitas TV news anchor

A couple of minutes ago the Oak Palace has announced that following consultations with the His Holiness Patriarch Alexy, a referendum will be held in two weeks asking the Samatran people whether they wish to repeal the controversial Separation of Incomes Act. Sources close the administration have said the move was negotiated with the spiritual government and will be a way for Samantra to move away from the current political crisis. The referendum will be organized on such a short notice so that it will take place before the SIA has a chance to be published in the Official Monitor of laws and come into force.

Trinitas TV will continue to bring you the latest on this developing story.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
One week before referendum day
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2022, 11:02:37 AM »

One week before the referendum day

Trinitas TV news anchors

With one week left until the day of the referendum asking the Samantran people whether they want to repeal the Separation of Incomes Act, political turbulences have eased and most strikes have been suspended by the trade unions. The Legion has started campaign extensively around the country with Boris Kuzmin, the leader of the party, attending political rallies every day as did most Legion members of the Duma. The main message being promoted to the public was that the referendum is about the future of the holy kingdom and the Samantran Orthodox Church and that this is a veiled attack on the Church. The Republican Party however seemed to be in disarray as its factions started blaming each other for the current political crisis. The President of the Duma has said she will not campaign for one side or the other in order to avoid politicizing the referendum which immediately drew criticism from the radical faction of the party who accused her of betraying the party values and campaign promises.

Political infighting in the Republican reached its peak later this week as member of the Duma Karina Loginov, annoyed by questions asked by a Trinitas TV reporter, said: “Yes, of course I want to see the end of the theocracy…” following her statements, Minister of External Affairs, and a member of the Duma, Maria Mikhailov announced publicly that she will be voting Yes at the referendum becoming the first prominent Republican figure to take this position.     

The radical Republican agenda was on full display as assemblywoman Karina Loginov confirmed that the referendum is indeed an attack on the Samatran Orthodox Church “Yes, of course I want to see the end of the theocracy…”. The assemblywoman has made similar extremist statements in the past including saying on the floor of the Duma that she “prays every day for the end of the holy kingdom and restoration of the republic”

Maria Mikhailov, Minister of External Affairs, and a member of the Duma, has stated that she will be voting yes at the referendum saying that “it has divided the nation” and adding that she “cannot in good conscience add to the climate of division”. Her speech received applause and ovation from the Legion members of the Duma. The President of the Duma refused to comment on her statements.