Author Topic: First Annual World's Fair Ball (Open RP)  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Revana
First Annual World's Fair Ball (Open RP)
« on: December 13, 2021, 02:20:44 PM »
Evelyn Wesley and Kaleb Thompson stood at the door of the ballroom of the Imperial Palace. At the front door, Serena Bartrove stood with a guard holding a list of authorizations to check against anyone who arrived. In the Ballroom, the rest of the Council of Ten sat waiting for the guests. They had all been brought in, so that every foreign delegate had someone to speak with if they wanted to do any negotiating with Revana. Also in the room, Ronald Hughes and Lance Alan sat together at one of the corner tables, discussing the failure of the Atlas launch and what could've caused it. There was light music playing from the speakers in the room, the live band having not been called in yet.

Outside the Palace was clean and beautiful, awaiting newcomers and returning friends to grace it's halls once again for the the first time in a few years.

(OOC: Y'all are welcome to rp your arrival at anytime. Thanks!)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: First Annual World's Fair Ball (Open RP)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 10:26:23 PM »
To the casual observer the man striding towards Serena would have been from Ui Cenneslaig, Seaforth or even Eigg, the kilt being a dead give away. It was only upon closer inspection of the 6ft 8 inch tall giant that the tartan was the Red, White and Black of the East Moreland based Seaforthian Exiles Club, and the man wearing it was accompanied by Archduchess Sophie Harrison-Ironside she had not exactly wanted to come but having a month of leave granted for her to undertake "family business" and her owing Sir Alan Maybury a favour had ensured her attendance. That in turn had meant her boyfriend, the kilt clad Rollo MacAllister was also in attendance. Sophie had been learning to fly and EMAC had been providing lessons for her, she wasn't far off getting her pilots licence and was looking forward to the idea that it might open up opportunities within the Air Force for her.

Just before they reached Serena they were meet by Sir Alan himself. "Good evening Your Highness" Sir Alan greeted the King's niece with a small bow, "Rollo" he extended a hand towards Rollo outstretched bear like paw. "Thank you for agreeing to come, having a member of our royal family here helps boost our image." He smiled, "Kind of the Ironside seal of approval."

"Well I know how important EMAC have been to our security so only too happy to help. Beside it means I can get him to dance." She held her boyfriends hand tightly as they spoke.

They were joined finally by Olivia Cole. She was the nations science and technology minister and a former colleague of Sir Alans, the pair shared a quick friendly hug before the four of them presented their invites to the host.

Once inside Sophie and Rollo made their way towards the bar. Having been seen arriving with Sir Alan there official role was largely done unless anyone wished to discuss more diplomatic type things and then Sophie had very little clout. Sir Alan meanwhile made his way over towards Ronald and Lance, "Gentleman I just wanted to pass on my condolences so to speak. I've lost track of the number of projects I've seen crash, explode or disappear in my career but rest assured you'll get there." He himself knew that only too well with EMAC having lost one of the two "Ghost Dragon" UAV prototypes just six months ago.

Olivia meanwhile was content to people watch.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 09:02:04 AM »
Valeri Kuzmin was sub secretary of foreign affairs for secular government of the Holy Kingdom of Samantra and had been a bureaucrat all his life. The recent change in government Samantra did not affect his position in the Foreign Affairs Office nor was he worried that it would. All governments need bureaucrats and he knew he excelled at what he did which was to have connections all over the Foreign Affairs ministry.

He wasn’t too pleased he had to take the trip all the way to Revana. Like many Samatrans he had a deep dislike of Achkaerin and saw Revana as nothing more than a satellite state of Achkaerin. Still he understood that business is business and kept his opinion to himself when needed. He was pleased at least to see the fail of the Atlas launch and thought that might lower the arrogance of the two Nordic countries.

As he made his way to the entrance he noticed the Morelander delegation “Figures the Morelanders would be here, they never miss an opportunity to expand their influence” he thought to himself. Since East Moreland was a supporter of the Soviet government of Kaitaine his dislike of East Moreland was quite high. He made his way inside and for a brief moment scanned the surroundings to see what to expect. He noticed Evelyn Wesley, Kaleb Thompson and Serena Bartrove. “At least their queen isn’t here, that should help make this bearable” he thought to himself. Valeri Kuzmin was not a fan of royalty. He could bare mostly ceremonial roles like nobles still had in Samantra but absolute monarchies like Revana made him deeply uncomfortable. “Might as well get this over with” he said to himself.

He noticed the Morelander were already in talks with the regents. “I have to admire the diligence of the Morelanders” he thought. For a moment he consdered approaching Serena Bartrove but decided against it since in his opinion she was too young and probably focused on finding a date to make talking to her interesting.

He scanned the room again for Exodus Daro. “Ah there he is. A commonborn like me. That should make it bearable”. He approached Exodus and said in Latin (ooc: or whatever you accept as the lingua franca of Mundus) with a heavy Rodianian (ooc: Russian) accent:
“Mr. Daro I believe?
Salutations! I am Valeri Kuzmin sub secretary of foreign affairs for secular government of the Holy Kingdom of Samantra. I am pleased to meet you.
Allow me to thank you for hosting such an event and to express my regrets for the fail of the Atlas launch. That is no doubt not representative of the Revanan space industry. “

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 03:45:19 PM »
Serena smiled and nodded at the Morelanders as they walked in and did the same with Valeri. She didn't actually need to see any invitation given she had memorized each of their faces before the event, which is why she didn't say anything when Valeri just passed her by to go to Exodus.

Ronald and Lance looked up at the new member of their table. They both stood up and shook Alan's hand.

"Thank you so much, we weren't really surprised by this outcome." Lance responded.

"True I would have been happy if it had made it but even more shocked than I was when it exploded. We'll bounce back, we already had the Atlas 2 in production and will be launching it soon so I for one am in high spirits." Ronald said cheerfully, raising his glass and sipping a large drink.

Exodus smiled at Valeri and offered him an outstretched hand.

"Yes I am Exodus Daro, Lord Minister of Economics here in Revana. It is my honor to meet you my good man." He responds back in perfect Latin, unsure why they're speaking it but not question it to not seem rude. (OOC: Fairly certain the lingua franca of Mundus is English) "May I be the first to welcome you to my humble home of Revana and hope you enjoy your stay here."

As the men are talking, Valeri feels a tap on his shoulder. Looking over he sees a beautiful young woman with blonde hair standing in a red pant suit holding out a tray full of glasses of Champagne towards him.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, would you like any refreshments sir?" She said, giving him a very obvious look up and down and smiling at him.

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2021, 04:26:08 PM »
Shalva Balanchivadze, Mktvartvelo's ambassador to Revana since 2015, was approaching the front door along Lela Svanidze, his wife, and their teenager daughter Moulodneli. The delegation was completed with Vazha Virsaladze, Deputy Director of the North-Western Region in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It was his last appointment and travel for him, as he was recently confirmed his transfer to the Ministry of National Defense (not an unusual career change as all diplomats in Mktvartvelo were required three extra years of military service, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of National Defense were under the authority of the same Deputy Minister). Although he had only visited the country for first time ten days ago, his curiosity about the country spiked with a conversation he had with her wife the previous day about certain personality from the host country.

A few steps from behind were Hong Chang-dong, ambassador from the Republic of Djabidjan and Jeong Ha-Jun, representative from Millenieom Ltd and as well as his companion Onore Wojdokay, who had also come to the country for the World's Fair.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 06:05:11 AM by paralipomena »

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2021, 07:47:07 PM »
While guests had been arriving downstairs, upstairs Crown Princess Serenity was finishing getting ready for this ball, dressed in a red dress. She was a lot more nervous this time around than she had been at the others, for obvious reasons she was used to having Isaac right there next to her but that wasn't the case anymore, she wasn't used to handling Revana without him there and although she'd known this was coming it didn't do much if anything to alleviate the nerves as she put the silver necklace that held her wedding ring around her neck. "How do I look?" she asked to the empty room although as if expected her mind constructed a mental image of Isaac, suited and booted, right behind her, despite knowing it was her own imagination she liked to buy into it - the idea that just for a few moments she could pretend that he'd not been gunned down.

"You always did look dazzling in red." he said "You've got this."
"I hope so." Serenity said, as Alexandria Savage walked in
"Well East Moreland turned up first so your money's safe." Alex said with a smile "Also got Samantra and Mktvartvelo so far."
"All right." Serenity said "Guess I'd better get down there then."

A couple of minutes later Serenity accompanied by her daughters Astrid and Lisa were walking into the ball, although they weren't the only Achkaerinese in the room, the Space Agency was sat around one table, Catriona Rowan was talking to some of the locals and Evelyn was of course being a great host.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2021, 08:14:31 PM »

Exodus smiled at Valeri and offered him an outstretched hand.

"Yes I am Exodus Daro, Lord Minister of Economics here in Revana. It is my honor to meet you my good man." He responds back in perfect Latin, unsure why they're speaking it but not question it to not seem rude. (OOC: Fairly certain the lingua franca of Mundus is English) "May I be the first to welcome you to my humble home of Revana and hope you enjoy your stay here."

As the men are talking, Valeri feels a tap on his shoulder. Looking over he sees a beautiful young woman with blonde hair standing in a red pant suit holding out a tray full of glasses of Champagne towards him.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, would you like any refreshments sir?" She said, giving him a very obvious look up and down and smiling at him.

“I see you are a man of culture Mr. Daro” Valeri said shaking Exodus' hand. As far as I know not many in this part of Aranye speak the language of the Ardians which is a shame” he then paused for a moment adding “a shame because we don’t really speak English in our part of Aranye” he added chuckling at his joke.

“Thank you for the welcome. This is my first visit to Revana and though I have only seen a glimpse of New Reach I am quite impressed. The weather could be a little warmer but that might be just me.”

“If I may ask, and forgive my lack of knowledge on the matter, but does Revana have a state operated space program? Seem such a waste to let private companies handle such matters.”

Valeri was surprised when he felt a tap on his shoulder and immediately turned to see who it was. He briefly glanced over the beautiful young woman and thought “well at least Revana has some beautiful sights”.

“Oh no need to apologize, it is a pleasure to see such a beautiful lady. You must be a Revanan princess, are you not?” he said complimenting the woman and not caring if that might be misinterpreted as an insult for the royals by the host.

“I will have a glass, thank you princess…” taking a glass of Champagne and looking for her name tag but not seeing it.

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2021, 09:21:14 PM »
Serena approached the Mktvartvelo and Djabidjan representatives as the walked in.

"Welcome to the Imperial Palace, I do hope you enjoy your time here tonight, I am Serena Bartrove, Lord Minister of Affairs. Around the room are other officials who should be able to answer any questions you should have if I cannot address them myself." She said cheerily giving a slight bow of respect.

Jordan made his way to the ASA members at their table and shook hands with Gary Hale.

"Well, I hope you guys enjoy the night. Might need your help getting in touch with the Achkaerinese Navy, Gary. The Alta avionics system crashed into your waters and we need to recover any data about the explosion it might have." He said, giving Gary a note with the coordinates of the crash site. "I know you already knew those, just want to cover my bases so to speak."

Evelyn walked up to Serenity, also wearing a red dress though interlaced with purple running through it. She leaned against the stairwell banister next to her, sipping a glass of champagne and handing a glass of some non alcoholic champagne to the Achkaerinese Queen.

"Well, here's to our first diplomatic event in Revana without him. Sorry I know it's a bleak toast but it's all that's on my mind today." She said just above a whisper, sighing and taking another sip. She gestured towards the number of guests that had already arrived. "At least it seems we'll definitely both be busy tonight."

"Lothric, Isabel Lothric, Sir." the beautiful woman said, blushing bright red but smiling at the man again. "And I'm no princess, just a humble server. Enjoy your drink and don't hesitate to find me if you need anything."

She backed away, keeping her face on his before turning and making her way back towards the kitchen to restock and to collect her thoughts, given who had just arrived, it was time to take things a bit more seriously.

Exodus smiled as the girl backed off then turned his attention back to Valeri.

"Yes it does take some time to get used to the climate, though I quite love it here." He responded. "As for the Space Agency, yes we do have a state ran one, RASA, the Revanan Aeronautics and Space Administration, ran by Lord minister Rayne over there speaking the the ASA representatives. RASA is working quite close with Nebulus Industries because the private sector has been known to be able to get certain things done faster at times and with better efficiency."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 11:43:32 AM by Cool101jr »

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2021, 08:43:33 AM »

While Akasha had desired for Seti to join her for the Ball events within the Kingdom had precluded his accompanying of her. Still she looked forward to the opportunity to build some connections, entertain discussions, and have a relaxing time after being solely focused upon work 110% of the time as of late. Out of those present she recognized Serenity and gravitated toward her, "I am not used to such gatherings," she whispered, "I'm sure you're aware that I've been something of a black sheep amongst the international community. Seti was unable to join me this evening so I hope you may have room among your group for a Clysperi?"

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2021, 02:52:34 PM »
Kanji Akasaki hadn't been this far north in many years. Not since 2003, by his reckoning, actually. Regardless, he found himself quite bored, as he often did, by the long time spent in transit. After all, once you had flown around the planet almost three thousand times, any travel seemed ever-so-much slower. But he couldn't complain, after all, he was blessed by the opportunity, all those years ago, to become Daitō's first spacefarer. But that was almost fifty years ago now. If it weren't for him being personally requested to attend by his nation's delegation, he probably would've stayed home. He was accompanied by his son, Kagemori, who had followed in his footsteps and flown on the Ryū YK-24 back in 2008 as part of Expedition 14 and 15.

Before they entered the palace, they were met by Princess Satomi, who had been sent on the behalf of the Emperor. They needed to project strength after a year of turmoil, and by sending a member of the Imperial Family, it was figured that the situation might be perceived as having normalized to a degree. Owing to her position, Kanji felt obligated to greet her, at the very least, although it was clear that she was waiting for them anyways.
   "Denka."[1] Kanji said in their native Onishi with a bow. "I am not worthy of your presence." He spoke, unwilling to look her in the eyes unless spoken to.
   "Nonsense, Akasaki-hakase. After all, you honour me by your presence." The Princess said with a smile; whether she was saying that to be nice or out of genuine respect, it wasn't clear, but the feeling was all the same. "Have you had the chance to view the presentations, by any chance?" She said as the trio, accompanied by the Princess's bodyguards, continued their approach to the palace.
   "Yes, Denka. They were very..."
   "Striking?" Princess said, cutting him off. "I thought so too."
   "No, Denka. They were more... Impressive, actually." Kanji admitted.
   "Even the Korunajin?[2]"
   "Yes, even them." Kanji responded in a calm, respectful manner. "I'm sure you'd understand how... Dolk..." He hesitated; the name left much to the imagination, if he were to openly admit it. That and he was attempting to avoid a possible insult. "...could revolutionize travel. Allow for supersonic travel to really take off, as it were."
   "You were going to say something else, Akasaki-hakase?" The Princess asked as they reached the top of the stairs.
   "Uhh... Yes, Denka." The elder of the two spoke. "Simply that, with the position that the Honorable Gate[3] finds itself in, being able to reach any of its allies in but a few hours would be... advantageous." He said, giving a nod to Serena as they entered.
   "Ah. Thank you for your openness, Akasaki-hakase." The Princess responded with a smile. "We must continue this conversation soon." She concluded as they went their separate ways.

Inside the Palace, Jiro Asagiri found himself at the bar, listening into the various goings-on of the other guests. Something about the Atlas launch that occurred during the presentation, he thought? Admittedly, he wasn't too surprised it had failed. These things happened, better that it was uncrewed he figured.
   "Birth of the future." He said, quoting Ronald Hughes's presentation, as he looked down at his glass. "Heh... Maybe." He said with a chuckle, thinking about the explosion as he took a sip. Truth be told, he had his concerns about private spaceflight, but if it meant more nations were getting access to space, then he could put his mistrust aside for the sake of humanity... So long as it didn't become a purely for-profit venture. After a moment, however, he would get up and walk over to the table Ronald and Lance found themselves at. He had been invited to meet the CEO of Nebulus, after all.

After a few seconds, he would reach the table, waiting a moment for the Morelanders to finish speaking before he would properly introduce himself. Once they were finished, he would speak up.
   "Ah, you must Ronald Hughes, yes?" Jiro said with a slight bow. "Jiro Asagiri. Nice to meet you." He continued, introducing himself before saying "Tough luck on the launch. If it's any consolation, I figure it's better it happened now rather than when it was carrying crew. Still, happens to the best of us."
 1. An honorific translating as "Highness", used for members of the Imperial Family that are not the Emperor or Empress.
 2. Daitōjin-Onishi term for those hailing from East Moreland.
 3. Term referring to the Imperial Government and occasionally, more specifically, the Emperor himself.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2021, 07:17:23 PM »

"Lothric, Isabel Lothric, Sir." the beautiful woman said, blushing bright red but smiling at the man again. "And I'm no princess, just a humble server. Enjoy your drink and don't hesitate to find me if you need anything."

She backed away, keeping her face on his before turning and making her way back towards the kitchen to restock and to collect her thoughts, given who had just arrived, it was time to take things a bit more seriously.

Exodus smiled as the girl backed off then turned his attention back to Valeri.

"Yes it does take some time to get used to the climate, though I quite love it here." He responded. "As for the Space Agency, yes we do have a state ran one, RASA, the Revanan Aeronautics and Space Administration, ran by Lord minister Rayne over there speaking the the ASA representatives. RASA is working quite close with Nebulus Industries because the private sector has been known to be able to get certain things done faster at times and with better efficiency."

When Valeri heard of ASA for a fraction of a second he thought Exodus was referring to the Allied States of Ardia so he turned to see them only to be disappointed to realize that it was in fact the Achkaerin Space Agency representatives that Exodus was referring to.

“Yes, of course. The excellent cooperation between your two countries is well known” he said more to himself than to Exodus.

Seeing that Exodus did not return any questions, Valeri got tired of talking to him: “This man couldn’t fake an interest in Samantra even if he was paid to do so. Typical of Revanans to only care about their Achkaerin masters” he thought while saying:

“If you will excuse me I have to go, I am on a tight schedule and I still have some business to attend to. Maybe we’ll bump into each other later. It’s been great meeting you.”

He offered him an outstretched hand before walking away.

Since Valeri didn’t want to be entirely obvious that he had no other plans, he decided to look for the restroom and headed there. After a couples of minutes he returned the room, looked for a chair, sat down, pulled out his mobile phone from his pocket and started scrolling through the news:

IRN Announces Operation Poker Face” said one title from the Rokkenjima Broadcasting Corporation.

“The Rokkenjimans are flexing their muscles again. No surprise there…” he thought as he relaxed and drank his champagne while sitting comfortably in the chair.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2021, 11:25:02 PM »
With the arrival of Jiro Asagiri  it was clear to Alan that the man seemed to have business with Hughes Sir Alan removed one of his business cards and placed it on the table. "If EMAC can be of any help moving forward then drop me a line. We've a track record I'm extremely proud of in terms of co-operation with a whole range of projects and perhaps we can be of use." He extended a hand to Hughes and then turned to Jiro and removed another card. "Likewise sir if EMAC can help with anything it'd be interesting to hear from you." He nodded politely to both men, "Have a pleasant evening" he said before retreating to bar where Olivia Cole was enjoying a mocktail.

Sir Alan had hoped that some of the Nords would have turned up, he'd be interested in their take on the various space based demonstrations. The Joint Nordic Space Programme, EMAC and the Royal Aeronautical Society had done some great things over the years working together and any excuse to play about with technology was something Alan encouraged, especially if it meant they could bag a few more useful patents from developments. "Good evening Minister." Alan ordered himself a whiskey cocktail and surveyed the room.

"Good evening Sir Alan" Olivia replied. "Any luck with the hosts?" she asked.

"None as yet but the night is still young." The two stood enjoying the music and noticed the Archduchess and her partner Rollo seemed oblivious to the scientific community and instead seemed content to have a bit of a dance together despite how odd the massive height difference made it look.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2021, 02:51:38 AM »
"I've been remembering the last time all day." Serenity said sipping her drink smiling a little as she noticed Evelyn had remembered that she didn't drink alcohol "And I really don't want to end up in jeans and a soccer shirt again. I looked so out of place that night, still it did put me in the grounds playing basketball at just the right time." she sighed and then Akasha came over, Serenity smiled "Of course we have room" she said "Pharaoh Akasha this is Regent Evelyn Wesley my sister in law, Evelyn this is Pharaoh Akasha of Clysperis. Perhaps if Evelyn can swing it we can get you a room for the night and tomorrow the three of us can discuss the future?" Serenity hadn't planned on it but having Akasha and Evelyn in the same place was something she wasn't about to overlook.

Across the room Gary Hale took the paper from Jordan and smiled "Are you sure you're not just after a second date with a certain someone?" he said before heading off to make the phone call. Meanwhile Nicola Fernley smiled at Jordan, she'd spent most of her time since the presentations, like Gary, thinking about the Atlas launch and what possibly had gone wrong. She'd somewhat smiled when she'd heard Ronald Hughes say he'd have someone on Nergal by 2030, certainly ambitious and maybe too ambitious but that would be ascertained in the fullness of time, the Achkaerin Space Agency was looking at Nergal as well but they had a more conservative estimate of when, still it wasn't like timetables couldn't change.   

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2021, 02:09:03 AM »
"Well at least you can pull off jeans and a soccer shirt, I feel like I've gained 10 pounds since I became regent. Just let me know if you need to hit the court again, Isaac installed a hoop out there where you both first played." Evelyn said, lightly chuckling before composing herself as Akasha walked up. "An honor to meet you Pharaoh, we have plenty of room here at the Palace, you are welcome to stay and I would be delighted to sit with you and discuss things tomorrow."

Jordan blushed slightly and chuckled at Gary's comment.

"Now that would definitely be a bonus, would really take care of two birds with one stone so to say." He glanced over at Ronald, then back to Gary and Nicola. "I think he's being paranoid, but he seems to think it wasn't an error on their part that it exploded, so yes it'd be nice to see Captain Tyler again but it'll mainly get him off my back proving to him that things just go wrong sometimes."

Exodus was disappointed when Valeri had to go, he had enjoyed talking to the man, but he understood that some people were busy, so he shrugged and made his way towards the bar to grab himself something a bit stronger than champagne.

Isabel made her way through the room with the a special grace, keeping out of the way and out of sight in a way only a server could, topping off people's glasses and offering appetizers. After a bit she noticed Valeri sitting in a chair of to the side looking at his phone. She had seen some of the exchange from the corridor and she had spent long enough reading people to see what Valeri really thought about Exodus. She made her way over to him, topping off his champagne and dropping a small folded paper into his lap before disappearing back into the crowd.

Spoiler: show
If you're tired of the Revanan's pompous superiority, meet me outside in the gardens in 5 minutes. I have an offer you might be interested in.

Ronald took the business card with a smile. "Thank you, Sir Maybury. I'm sure I speak for everyone at Nebulus about how appealing it'd be too coop with EMAC." He shook Alan's hand then turned to Jiro Asagiri, giving the man a small bow in return. "It is an honor to meet you as well Mr. Asagiri. Thank you for your kind words, I know that these are the pains of a new program and was already expecting something like this was going to happen. I had the idea that one day Nebulus might set up a contract with the DNSA, maybe adding a module to the Shirotsuru or helping with resupplying the station.

Kaleb Thompson made his way up to Princess Satomi, bowing with respect to the woman before offering his hand.

"Princess Satomi, it is an honor to welcome you to Revana, I am Vice Commandant Kaleb Thompson. Please do not hesitate to ask if you need anything or have any questions."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2021, 06:22:16 AM »
Akasha smiled, "Thank you, a pleasure to meet you Regent Wesley." She thought for a moment, considered if there was any pressing business which would preclude her from staying for a few days, and soon had an answer. "If a room can be arranged that sounds like a good plan. Seti was expecting me back a bit sooner but I'm sure he'll manage on his own. I had forgotten how nice the world around Clysperis could be," she continued, remembering her days at university and all the many ideas which were always swirling around just waiting to be discovered, whether through conversation or observation. "Let us have a good time, and chart a course for the future."

Arriving fashionably late would be Empress Evanthe, Vicegerent Emerson Ravenswood, Crown Princess Adriana and Thomas Waverly-Edwards, Earl of Eastwood. Once inside Evanthe took note of those present before walking over to Princess Satomi. "What a pleasure to bump into you here," Evanthe said with a smile, "and a wonderful opportunity to introduce you to Crown Princess Adriana." Adriana would offer a gentle bow as Evanthe continued. "I do hope that spending time outside of Pyrena Castle she may gain some humility," she hung on the word for a moment, "and come to know some of the people she'll one day be working with. If it would be acceptable I would wish for her to converse with you and your entourage before venturing out with the Earl of Eastwood. Also, when we're back in Pyrettania, I've something I'd like to show you and hope that you'll accept my invitation."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2021, 07:29:55 PM »
Out in the gardens Alex was on the phone to Emperor Peter "Serenity's sitting down with Evelyn and Akasha tomorrow so we'll hopefully have foundations laid by the end of that... yes Peter I'm fine I'm just getting used to being at these things again... ok I'll talk to you tomorrow." she hung up the phone and smiled glancing up at the stars for a few moments before heading for the castle door as she approached a woman dressed as one of the servers was stepping out presumably to take a break, normally this wouldn't even register it was after all a fairly standard happening at an event like this but there was something about this one, but why? What was making her blood run cold at just the sight of a server? It took a split second but then it hit her it was the eyes, she knew those eyes, eyes she'd seen across the table so many times back in her terrorist days, stepping passed the woman Alex continued inside and once she was out of earshot got on her com radio "Erica Sciondis is on the premises." she said "Gardens. Keep it quiet."

"He is being paranoid." Nicola said "Mistakes are made easily because we're human we're not robots. I've lost track of how many miscalculations the ASA has made in developing things, but granted we've never had one like that on the launch pad. He'll spend a while going over what happened, but if he doesn't accept fault on the development side then he's lost the race to Nergal before he even gets out of the starting blocks."

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2022, 06:00:28 AM »
Jiro smiled, albeit as a formality more than anything else, as he listened to his counterpart at Nebulus speak. He was, admittedly, intrigued by the idea of the company resupplying his nation's next-generation space station, Shirotsuru, as it would allow for greater flexibility in the station's mission profile. More than that, the idea of constructing a module for the station surprised him, but it was not something he was personally against. Having some degree of operational flexibility with regards to the Shirotsuru program, he was sure that something could be arranged in time, although at present, plans were in place for it to primarily be a Daitōjin program.

In all honesty, save for today, he was swamped. Being groomed to be the successor to Director Akisada had made him responsible not only for the station itself, but also working alongside the Chief of the Uchūnaut Office and foreign agencies to see about scheduling missions to the station, not to mention the continuation of the lunar program and the nation's UHS program too. All of that, mixed with efforts to ensure the ability for crew to return safely from the station should the need arise had left him... less than willing to discuss business, but make no mistake, that was what he was here for.
   "Well, I'm sure that we arrange something in time, once you have a vehicle capable of carrying cargo. As for the module, Hughes-san, while the DNSA has no official plans for further modules, upon reaching the station's baseline configuration, we believe Shirotsuru may have enough space to allow for further expansion." He said to Ronald. "Nonetheless, it is my hope that in time, we may be able to cooperate further. I would be happy to discuss this further at a later time, after all, I'm more interested in your plans for Kasei... Nergal, I mean. Rather ambitious to aim for 2030, wouldn't you say?" He asked. Like the Achkaerinese, the DNSA had its own plans for the planet on a much greater timescale, part of the so-called Integrated Program Plan which Shirotsuru, the UHS, and the moon landings were a part of. But if it were to be a race, then... Well, Daitō would be remiss if it were to pass up on such an opportunity.

As for the Princess, Her Highness would first shake hands with the Vice Commandant, thanking him for the offer but nonetheless passing it up at the time. Perhaps later, the two would get the chance to talk, but there other matters to attend to, most notably an... unplanned meeting with the Empress of Rokkenjima herself, as it happened.
   "Thank you, your Highness." Princess Satomi responded with a bow to the Empress. "It is an honour to meet both you too." She said, performing the same ritualized motions for the Crown Princess. "As for your request, and your offer too, I would be most... open to discussing whatever it is that you wish to speak about." She noted with a warm smile, and although she wished to meet other people, she was completely certain she could make the time for someone of such importance as herself. "I'm sure when this is all over, I would be... most pleased to accept your invitation."

Online paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2022, 08:12:11 PM »

"This is more crowded that I expected", Vazha Virsaladze commented to the Svanidze's. "However, it will not be too productive if we give in to the atmosphere. I'm not personally interested to be driven toward one of those conversations".

"Introduce me the hosts", Vazha told directly to ambassador Balanchivadze now, "when you have any chance".

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2022, 08:54:28 PM »

Exodus was disappointed when Valeri had to go, he had enjoyed talking to the man, but he understood that some people were busy, so he shrugged and made his way towards the bar to grab himself something a bit stronger than champagne.

Isabel made her way through the room with the a special grace, keeping out of the way and out of sight in a way only a server could, topping off people's glasses and offering appetizers. After a bit she noticed Valeri sitting in a chair of to the side looking at his phone. She had seen some of the exchange from the corridor and she had spent long enough reading people to see what Valeri really thought about Exodus. She made her way over to him, topping off his champagne and dropping a small folded paper into his lap before disappearing back into the crowd.

Spoiler: show
If you're tired of the Revanan's pompous superiority, meet me outside in the gardens in 5 minutes. I have an offer you might be interested in.

Valeri unfolded the paper discreetly, read it and put it in his pocket. He thought for a couple of moments whether he should go to the garden or not. He wasn’t exactly on friendly ground and his moves could be monitored by the hosts. On the other hand, he reminded himself that he wasn’t really an important figure in the Samantra and he was sent there precisely because of that.

“What the worst thing that could happen?” he said to himself while stood up and proceeded to go to the garden. Since he decided to honor the invitation he didn’t want to be late.

Before he proceeded to the garden he took one last look at the guest to screen who has arrived. He had to admit he was impressed by both the large number of foreign guests who had arrived as well as their high status.

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2022, 06:53:30 PM »
Evelyn smiled towards Akasha and nodded.

"Of course, I'll have one of the staff set up a room for you immediately. I look forward to our discussions tomorrow." She said before bowing slightly to Akasha, then to Serenity and stepping away to begin the preparations.

Kaleb stepped back from the Princess and the unexpected joining of the Rokkenjiman Group, slightly annoyed at the latter group for completely ignoring him as well as interrupting him. He made his way over to Exodus at the bar to gossip about the new arrivals.

Ronald smiled as well to Jiro's response.

"I plan on having a cargo capable vehicle by early to mid 2022 so I'll send the DNSA an offer around that time if you're still interested, as well as a few ideas I have on modules for the station." He said before taking a sip of his Champagne. "As for Nergal, yes it is ambitious, but I feel that no goal is worthy enough if it has no ambition and a small amount of overconfidence. We will of course be completing other goals before we reach that. Moon Landings and the such. A big one that we will be cooperating with RASA and hopefully others around the world is a project we call Charon, which we're keeping under wraps until it we know it's possible for us."

As Alex stepped around Isabel, the latter winked to her old leader and even blew her a kiss before making her way towards a bit more secluded area of the Garden. She knew after this meeting she'd have to leave quickly, now that her cover was blown. After a few moments she watched as Valeri stepped out of the palace, and she got his attention and guided him over to her.

"Good Evening Secretary. I'd like to reintroduce myself. My name is Erica Sidonis, Ambassador to foreign nations from the legitimate government of the Enlightenment of Haven of Sovereignty. Long title I know." She smirks as she bows deeply towards the man. "I see in face the distrust and dislike you have for the Revanans and the Achkaerins. We are a group that is trying to put an end to their imperialist ways and could use the help of Holy Kingdom of Samantra in this endeavor."

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2022, 07:03:55 PM »

As Alex stepped around Isabel, the latter winked to her old leader and even blew her a kiss before making her way towards a bit more secluded area of the Garden. She knew after this meeting she'd have to leave quickly, now that her cover was blown. After a few moments she watched as Valeri stepped out of the palace, and she got his attention and guided him over to her.

"Good Evening Secretary. I'd like to reintroduce myself. My name is Erica Sidonis, Ambassador to foreign nations from the legitimate government of the Enlightenment of Haven of Sovereignty. Long title I know." She smirks as she bows deeply towards the man. "I see in face the distrust and dislike you have for the Revanans and the Achkaerins. We are a group that is trying to put an end to their imperialist ways and could use the help of Holy Kingdom of Samantra in this endeavor."

Valeri had a bit of a shock when she heard Erica Sidonis say who she represented. The surest way for a diplomat in Samantra to lose his benefits and pension was to be involved in a scandal such as dealing with terrorism. Depending on how bad the scandal was, it could mean even worse than that. As this was a public event, he knew he could easily be watched or recorded. Still, he managed to keep his cool to a reasonable extent so he could reply in a neutral tone a well-rehearsed phrase:

“The government of the Holy Kingdom of Samantra does not get involved in the international affairs of other nations. For any requests, please contact the embassy.”

As he was saying that he starting addressing Erica in sign language which he assumed she knew:

“Very bold of you to approach me here, security is everywhere” he said to Erica (using sign language) without replying to her greeting.
“The Holy Kingdom is looking for allies and might help you” he continued. He couldn’t be more specific or committed in his reply since he didn’t have a mandate to negotiate something like this.
He thought about giving her a Samantran contact she could later approach if their Enlightenment group wanted to talk more in detail but waited to see if she had anything else to communicate.

OOC: Hope I didn’t ruin your plans in the way I replied. I left a door open for Erica to continue the conversation if she had more stuff to communicate. 

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2022, 12:47:38 AM »
OOC: You're perfectly fine, didn't mess anything up. There's a reason she's not trying to hide right now.

Erica waited for the man's response, eying his face to gauge his reaction when he heard who she represented, it'd give her an idea whether he actually was interested or not. She knew no one inside could hear them, they were alone right now, well except for the Justicars preparing whatever they were, knowing Alex had seen her she knew they were doing something. His practiced response was a good sign, meant he was interested but worried, and then she noticed his hands. She smirked at his idea of relaying info, it was smart and something she indeed knew how to read.

"I will certainly let my superiors know to get in touch with you embassy. If you had a way to contact someone of importance there, I would certainly appreciate it Secretary." She responded back to him, flashing her best smile. This was exactly what she wanted, she knew the secretary couldn't get her much, but she figured if he was actually interested she could give her the info of someone who could. She pulled a card out of her pocket and slipped it into Valeri's pocket. "And when you get back home, give that to someone you think would be interested in talks. That'll send them in the right directions if we're not able to make contact first."

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2022, 06:51:33 PM »
OOC: I am glad that's the case.

Valeri was relieved to see that Erica didn’t seem to want to engage in a long conversation and that she understood that negotiating something like support for her cause was above his paygrade.

“The embassy will be informed and I will give the contact to someone of the right abilities.” he said referring to the Samantran external intelligence service and the head of the Samantran Ministry of External Affairs. He never had to do something like this before and vaguely remembered the protocol but figured those two would know what to do. He didn’t know what they will decide but if he were to place a bet, they would likely help the Enlightenment if only because they would cause issues to the current government of Revana and by proxy to the Achkaerins.

“It is good that you contacted me” he communicated not knowing what else to say “If that is all then I will wait for a few minutes so you can leave and then contact security and tell them that you tried to contact me and that I refused. There are probably cameras everywhere watching“ he said concerned.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2022, 12:32:06 AM »
Ronald smiled as well to Jiro's response.

"I plan on having a cargo capable vehicle by early to mid 2022 so I'll send the DNSA an offer around that time if you're still interested, as well as a few ideas I have on modules for the station." He said before taking a sip of his Champagne. "As for Nergal, yes it is ambitious, but I feel that no goal is worthy enough if it has no ambition and a small amount of overconfidence. We will of course be completing other goals before we reach that. Moon Landings and the such. A big one that we will be cooperating with RASA and hopefully others around the world is a project we call Charon, which we're keeping under wraps until it we know it's possible for us."

Jiro listened closely to what Ronald had to say, after all, it was only polite. Even then, his proposals for resupply also proved most interesting to him, as did the proposition, however unlikely at this point, that Nebulus might provide additional modules to the station. If it were to be approved, it would likely be after the station's originally planned modules were launched, something which could take anywhere between a year and two years to achieve, assuming the UHS proved itself economical after its upgraded booster was ready. Truth be told, he saw the spacecraft as an expensive waste of resources that could better be put to use in developing missions to Luna and beyond. Perhaps, if he were to be appointed as the director of the agency upon Akisada-san's retirement, that would be among the first programs to get the axe.

Nonetheless, he decided to humor his "counterpart" from Nebulus, at least for the time, allowing him to finish what he had to say, finally responding with "Well, I'm certain something can be arranged, in time. Regardless, I have other meetings to make, I'm afraid, so... Thank you for the time, Mr. Hughes."

With his meeting with Ronald Hughes over, Jiro would promptly make his way over to meet with the representatives of the ASA; given the upcoming joint mission to the lunar surface, it seemed as good a time as any to actually speak. Sure it wasn't his place, at least in theory, to discuss such matters, but in the event he did become the DNSA's director, then perhaps it might be best to at least know who he might be working with in the future.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2022, 07:24:21 AM »
After Evanthe and Emerson wandered over toward Crown Princess Serenity Asuna wasn't as comfortable as she would be at functions such as this. "So, Princess Satomi..." she began, "we're pretty much neighbours, that's cool," she said with an instant grimmace turning toward Thomas. 'So dorky' she silently mouthed to him, before attempting a recovery. "How have you liked your assignment in Pyrettania? Is there anything you've learned about Rokkenjima that you think is cool?"

Evanthe, Emerson in hand, smiled upon reaching Serenity. "It's good to see you again, and hello to you both," she said to Evelyn and Akasha, "I do believe this is the first time we've spoken like this. Congratulations on your wedding, I wish you a happy and long marriage," she said to Akasha. "I know our nations don't quite see eye-to-eye, but I am impressed at what you've done in recent times. It may be a frightening path, given your history with the international community, but I see in you a spark," she paused, "you're not like some of your contemporaries in Midaranye. For what it's worth, I don't think King Heydar knows how to deal with a woman who isn't his subordinate, in a way I think you've got him scared and there's some of us out there rooting for you in that regard."

Akasha wasn't expecting Evanthe to speak to her in such a manner. "Thank you and, for what it's worth, you're more pleasant than I had expected," she replied. Evanthe offered a smile before returning to Serenity, "If we could speak later I would appreciate it. Beatrice has gone silent, even to Asuna, and I'm worried she's fighting some internal struggle that none of us even knows about fully."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Cool101jr

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2022, 01:13:50 AM »
Ronald smiled and shook Jiro's hand one more time.

"I really enjoyed our conversation, and look forward to the possibility of a partnership in the future. Enjoy the party." He said.

After Jiro had walked off, Ronald nodded to Lance and walked over to the bar next to Sir Alan and the Minister. He shook the minister's hand before turning to Alan.

"Minister Cole, an honor to meet you, knowing your position, it might actually be good if you were part of this conversation. Would the two of you mind accompanying me over to one of the side rooms? I have a sort of business proposition for you that I'm hoping EMAC would go for. I can tell you that nothing for sure can be set tonight, given that Nya Aland representatives have not arrived, I do want to see what your thoughts would be on this." He said looking between the two of them, knowing that he really shouldn't be telling anyone about Nebulus' little secret, but he had an idea that made him want to tip his hand, just a bit at least.

Evelyn smiled and bowed slightly to Evanthe and made nice, but stayed quiet as it seemed that the woman had priorities with Serenity. She excused herself from the group and also walked over to the bar, ordering herself a Rum and Coke before slowly making her way around the room to check in on all of the guests.

Erica smiled and nodded, looking around knowing the poor man in front of her had no idea that they were likely being surrounded right now. He had done nothing wrong so he'd be back in the party before anything happened but she knew that unless she got very lucky, she'd likely be in a Justicar or Phoenix vehicle with 10 minutes. Her smiled faltered slightly at that last part. She leaned forward and planted a light kiss on the Secretary's cheek.

"Thank you, Valeri. Enjoy the party, and the rest of your night." She whispered to him as she backed up.

She turned from him and made her way around the back of the building, holding up her hand as soon as she was out of sight of Valeri as if to say "I know, just give me a minute." She pulled out a small makeup compact from her pocket, pressing a button on a small pager in her pocket that sent off an encoded message to the nearby safehouse team saying that she had been compromised. She opened the compact and checked herself, if she was about to try to fight of two of the best trained special forces teams around, she was going to make sure she looked good doing it. She finished by pulling off the wig and bald cap she was wearing, her purple hair sighing in relief at being able to breathe again as it fell into place.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2022, 10:28:02 PM »
"Mr Asagiri." Nicola said smiling as Jiro approached the table she and Gary were sat at "Nicola Fernley Director of Flight Operations at the ASA, my boss Gary Hale he's the ASA director and..." she paused looking around for a moment before smiling "This is our head of engineering Lance Rosenberg" at this point Lance sat down. Each of the trio shook Jiro's hand in turn.
"The presentation for your station was most impressive." Gary said "I think the only thing more headline grabbing was a certain rocket not going to plan."
"Well it's a theatrical starting pistol at least." Lance said smiling "And I can't fault the ambition."

"Of course." Serenity said looking at Evanthe "I'm sure that can be arranged." she put a hand on Astrid's shoulder as her five year old daughter came over "Astrid that's Asuna, that's Evanthe and the others you know." Astrid nodded smiling to each of them, this was her first big thing and she was trying to learn as much as she could.

Outside the relative calm was about to be disturbed, everything had been silently observed and as soon as Valeri was out of the immediate danger area the watchers went into action, Sarah Evans and Lassie Willows were the pair to deal with this, neither had any interest in a close quarters fight. Sarah had a taser in her hand, which she leveled and fired delivering the electric shock to Erica, as the woman hit the ground Lassie applied the handcuffs.
"Target in custody." Lassie said "Searching and sedating."
"Extraction in two minutes." Sarah said