Author Topic: A 500 Year Old Birthday Party  (Read 1672 times)

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
A 500 Year Old Birthday Party
« on: December 19, 2021, 02:10:42 AM »
The Book of Krešimira

Krešimira was the daughter of a Lead Swordsman   with The Order of Oak in the late 15th Century and was named for the lover of the God Druantia, mother of the demi-God Florijan. With the Drenovians having recovered their mainland home just a 100 years earlier they had discovered many of their sacred forests destroyed, burnt to the ground and turned into farmland or in some cases even chopped down and turned into boats. Krešimira was just 12 years old when she recieved her first inspiration from the God Druantia. She was out one day gathering mushrooms with her loyal dog Miro when she walked into a glade where the God was sat in contemplation of the world. At first mistaking the God for a wild animal she readied her small bow. Without looking up from his peaceful contemplation Druantia spoke without sound. "Lovely girl your bow is not needed here." and with that the string of her bow disappeared.

Miro began to bark and stood between the girl and the God but with a wave of his hand Druantia calmed the hound who lay down before him having recognised the God as the creator of all things. Druantia stood from his contemplations and crossed to pet the now subdued dog who seemed elated at the divine attention. Krešimira knelt her head bowed. "Forgive me God of Creation. I thought you a wild thing."

Druantia sat crossed legged before the young girl who trembled with fear of retribution from the God but she should have had no fear. With a gentle hand Druantia raised the girls head. "There is no such thing as wild things. All of creation is how I intend it to be. What you perceive as wild is just your lack of knowledge. As my beautiful forest lessens all creatures fear. Those who love the forest and its ways shall not have anything to fear from my creations."

Until the darkness of night began to fall the young girl had questions for the God. He sat and patiently answered them all content to sit in his forest and gentle stroke Miro who dozed on his lap. "You must return home." The God instructed and the girl dutifully did so. Upon arriving home she told the tale to her father who at first did not believe her but the more the young girl spoke the more a knowledge of the God far beyond that she had ever demonstrated spilled forth. Her father was so shocked her confided in the leader of his Order and soon his daughter was taken to speak with the Commander of the Household for the Order of Oak he too was amazed at her deep knowledge far beyond her age. The Order of Oak returned to the spot where she had questioned the God in hopes of finding him but he was nowhere to be seen.

Two years later Krešimira was gathering firewood and as the God had told her "For everything you take from me you must give something to me." and after she picked up the last stick into her wicker basket she knelt and took from a pouch on her belt a small acorn and planted it in an open space among the woods. "My God and maker. Thank you for the wood I take to keep us warm. I give to you this acorn so it may grow into a mighty tree." The sound of footsteps behind made her turn with caution and there in his splendor stood the God. Krešimira knelt and bowed before him.

"For everything you take from me you must give something to me." The God said without making a sound. "I told you for everything you take. The God looked at the wicker basket, "And I see many things but only one acorn" The God saw the young girl begin reaching towards her belt pouch. Frantically she counted and seemed disappointed having only ten acorns yet a great many sticks. The girl was disappointed ten sticks would not be sufficient for the night ahead.

"But My God if for each berry, each twig or each fruit we take we give something we shall never be free to live a life." She gasped realising she had been arguing with the God who now just laughed.

"As you are my favourite for you are pretty, loyal and remind me of my own beloved Krešimira I shall relent. For each kind of thing you take then you must return something to me." Krešimira nodded that she would and having spent more time with the God in the woods she returned home and placed her wicker basket of firewood next to the fire as she spoke to her father of her meeting. Through the dark and cold night it seemed no matter how much wood they put on the fire the basket never emptied and even months later the basket was still filled to the brim. Never again did the girl have to pick firewood from the forest.

At the age of 16 Krešimira was destined to marry a young Knight from her fathers Order. As was expected the bride to be made her way into the woods to gather flowers to weave into her hair and as she left her offering of seeds the soundless voice of the God came to her. My dear Krešimira I have a gift for you for your wedding The girl as always knelt and lowered her head as a bow was placed at her feet. "The bow must be used only to provide food for your family. It shall never miss and will always be true. Krešimira thanked the God for the gift and much to her surprise it took no strength to draw back the string. Six months later the bow proved its worth. With a cold snow covering the land it was hard to find game and the plants of the woods were dying. Armed with her bow she and her husband headed out to find food. Sighting a deer they whispered a prayer and Krešimira's husband tried to use her bow despite being a man of considerable strength he could not even move the bow however handing it to his wife she did so with no strain. The arrow flew from the string and killed the deer ensuring the family would have food. Krešimira planted an oak in the blood of the deer and prayed with thanks to the God. Within seconds a mighty oak sprang forth from the ground.

For thirty years Krešimira lived and hunted in the woods, she raised four fine children, three boys who followed their father into the Order of Oak and a girl called Lana who was so full of grace she became a forth wife of a King of Drenovia. Soon after he daughters marriage however her husband died and now being alone in the woods she felt lonely. It was then that the final meeting with her God happened. "Krešimira you are never alone in these woods. Every creature knows you and as I do shall love you. Each step you take through our glades flowers shall spring from, each rock you touch shall sprout moss and at your desire trees shall grow. You have work" Picking up her bow and with her new hunting pup in tow she ventured out into the woods planting seeds and saplings, tending to flowers and marvelling at the beauty. For ten years she was missing but as her daughter became ill she appeared, she had not aged nor had her pup. She brought with her herbs and flowers and dismissing the medics of various Orders she tended to her daughter herself. As if a miracle the Queen recovered but there was a price. The God had taught her all she needed to know but her grand-daughter, also named Krešimira, must wander with her grand-mother for ten years. The two Krešimira's headed into the woodland the next day and were never again. On the 11th year since their disappearance an expedition was sent to search for them.

Krešimira's grandson, Prince Oran was part of this expedition and in 1522 he reached where the Royal Forest should have ended according to all their maps and charts. For a further week he rode through woods of fresh growth and wonderous beauty until discovering a small shack in the woods. Two women dressed in huntress attire were busy at work. "Grandmother....sister" he called and the two looked up with smiles. "For the last year we have searched for you because you did not come home."

"I am home" both women said in unison. "Our work is here, our life is here. We must grow back these woods and bring life. This is work only a woman can do. The God has given us this mission." They both refused to leave and after a few days Prince Oran returned home. He gathered together a group of women who had heard the tale and wished to help the two Krešimira's and he lead them back to the spot only to discover the woodland home had gone and in its place a stone on which in inscription was written.

"The God Druantia has in his wisdom given women the ability to bring about life. Three Krešimira's have dedicated themselves to my work. The first Krešimira was my heart. The second Krešimira was my joy and the third Krešimira my truimph. Remember well these women's ways and follow in their steps." Having seen the inscription Prince Oran ordered the women to build a Forest Temple over it and upon returning home persuaded his father to give permission for the inscription's instruction to be followed. Thus was the Order of Krešimira begun with 20 women living and working in the Sacred Woods.

The Shrine of Krešimira
Order of Krešimira's HQ

INVITATION TO QUINCENTENNIAL CELEBRATION

The year 2022 marks the quincentennial anniversary of the foundation of Order of Krešimira. In Drenovia the various Holy Order dedicated to the service of the God Druantia are central to our life, culture and traditions and the Order of Krešimira is the only one which permits women to be a member, in fact only women may join this Order.

The celebrations on the 3rd of January will be a nationwide celebration focused on commemorating the service to the nation and faith by members of this Order. This shall include a huge parade, a medal giving ceremony and for members of that order a significant conference on reforestation. As part of the celebration a musical concert will take place and also a orienteering event. For these two social occasions we invite female only acts from across Mundus to perform as well as inviting teams from nations militaries to enter the orienteering (again must be all women). For our reforestation conference we welcome nations wishing to send delegates.

We hope you will join our Order in celebration

Queen Jožica of the Glades
Legate of the Order of Krešimira

Offline Lijiang

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lijiang
Re: A 500 Year Old Birthday Party
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 10:08:16 PM »
To:- Queen  Jožica of the Glades

It is our intention to send to your celebration the Guangchu Theatre Groups all female acrobatics group. The Theatre group performs regularly in the Majestic Empire and are well regarded.

With regards the re-forestation conference if permissable we would like Prince Chun to attend as our representative and as his first formal diplomatic act as a member of the Imperial Council.

Best Regards

Dragon-Emperor Tielin of Lijiang.