Author Topic: Formalities of a Royal Birth - Sword/Shield Parents (Lymm, Ach, Cass and Bakk)  (Read 1679 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid

To:- Queen Atalanta II of Cassiopeia

Tradition dictates that following the birth of a child in East Moreland the parents select what are known as Sword and Shield Parents. These are individuals whom the parents believe will act as good examples for the child to follow in life. Since the end of East Moreland's self imposed political withdrawal from Mundus it has become somewhat of a tradition for the majority of these selections to be from non-Morelanders when a royal child is born. It is hoped that by selecting people from outside East Moreland it will encourage the new-born royal to see themselves as a child of Mundus and not just East Moreland. With this in mind myself and my wife, Queen Stasya would be honoured if you would accept the position of Sword Mother. In East Moreland culture a Sword Mother is someone who has shown such qualities as Strength, Dedication and Bravery. It is my belief that in your actions while in exile and dedication to your nations own Navy you are a fine example of these qualities. I therefore sincerely hope that you will accept the role of Prince Llewellyn's Sword Mother and this can bring our two nations closer together.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace

King David III of East Moreland.

To:- Queen Octavia II of Lymm

Tradition dictates that following the birth of a child in East Moreland the parents select what are known as Sword and Shield Parents. These are individuals whom the parents believe will act as good examples for the child to follow in life. Since the end of East Moreland's self imposed political withdrawal from Mundus it has become somewhat of a tradition for the majority of these selections to be from non-Morelanders when a royal child is born. It is hoped that by selecting people from outside East Moreland it will encourage the new-born royal to see themselves as a child of Mundus and not just East Moreland. With this in mind myself and my wife, Queen Stasya would be honoured if you would accept the position of Shield Mother. As you will know as a Cultist this positions is someone who symbolises Loyalty, Kindness and Compassion, the way that as a minority you have lead the Cultists of Lymm shows these qualities. It is my hope that you will accept this position to bring our nations and families closer together. As two Cultist monarchs it is vital we stand together as far as possible and this would send a strong message.

King David III of East Moreland

To:- Grand Duke Hugo Lascelles

Tradition dictates that following the birth of a child in East Moreland the parents select what are known as Sword and Shield Parents. These are individuals whom the parents believe will act as good examples for the child to follow in life. Since the end of East Moreland's self imposed political withdrawal from Mundus it has become somewhat of a tradition for the majority of these selections to be from non-Morelanders when a royal child is born. It is hoped that by selecting people from outside East Moreland it will encourage the new-born royal to see themselves as a child of Mundus and not just East Moreland. With this in mind myself and my wife, Queen Stasya would be honoured if you would accept the position of Shield Father. As a fellow Cultist you know well the qualities such a position exemplifies. It is my belief you wise and honourable governorship of Bakkermaya has shown Integrity, your attempts at utilising the Ardian Assembly to keep peace on your continent shows Fair Mindedness and your attempts at making the Alucard a better place is a demonstration of Kindness. I would therefore be deeply honoured if you accepted the position of Shield Father as not only would you be a perfect example of these qualities to my son it would also further deepen connections between our homes.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace.

King David III of East Moreland

To:- Emperor Peter of Achkaerin

Tradition dictates that following the birth of a child in East Moreland the parents select what are known as Sword and Shield Parents. These are individuals whom the parents believe will act as good examples for the child to follow in life. Since the end of East Moreland's self imposed political withdrawal from Mundus it has become somewhat of a tradition for the majority of these selections to be from non-Morelanders when a royal child is born. It is hoped that by selecting people from outside East Moreland it will encourage the new-born royal to see themselves as a child of Mundus and not just East Moreland. With this in mind myself and my wife, Queen Stasya would be honoured if you would accept the position of Sword Father.

It is well documented that there is a deep friendship between our nations and our families. As the monarch of a nation with a significant Cultist population you will be no doubt familiar with the concept. As well as being a good example of Dedication for the way you have given your lifework to guiding your nation, bravery for not allowing injuries to stop you from your duty and respect  for the way you have honoured agreements between us I believe it is important this gesture is made at a time when we sadly find ourselves on opposing sides of arguments not made by our own actions.  Accepting this would not only honour our family but also send a strong message that one of the longest lasting friendships on Mundus is as strong as ever.

King David III of East Moreland.

Offline Cass

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Cassiopeia

To:- King David III and family

First I would like to pass on my own and my nations congratulations at the birth of Prince Llewellyn, the birth of any child is cause for celebration.

While I know little about this role I am honoured that I have been considered for the position however it is one that I know very little about and therefore I can not in good conscience accept automatically. If you would permit I would like to meet with someone with more knowledge, perhaps your ambassador, so that I can can determine whether this is compatible with both my own faith and that I could fulfill the obligations of this significant role in your young son's life. Regardless of the outcome I wish the young Prince a long and happy life.

Blessings of the Goddess
Queen Atalanta II

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin

To: King David and family

I would like to extend, on behalf of myself and my family, our warmest congratulations to you on the birth of Prince Llewellyn we wish the Prince a long, happy, joyful and love filled life.

It is my honour to accept this role as Prince Llewellyn's Sword Father, I hope I can repay your faith in me by fulfilling this great duty to the best of my ability. I look forward to meeting the new Prince when appropriate to do so.

In friendship

Emperor Peter Azurewind

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina

To the Ironside Family

News of the birth of Prince Llewellyn has been received with joy here in Bakkermaya. People have celebrated the arrival of another descendant of Raimond Unasson and wish the newborn Prince all the best. To further be given the honour of being a Shield Father is beyond imagination. Naturally I am delighted to accept the invitation and look forward to meeting the Prince in the near future.

May The Gods Watch Over You and The Prince Have Long Life.

Grand Duke Hugo Lascelles.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 09:51:31 PM by RobertAgira »