Author Topic: Sirius, Dusk, Sphinx, Raven  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Sirius, Dusk, Sphinx, Raven
« on: January 14, 2022, 05:18:06 PM »
The language of hidden messages and double meanings was second nature to those who inhabited the world of espionage. It was somewhat unusual to see such messages communicated between Heads of State but the context of the initial message from the Pharaoh had demanded that in the response, so here at the communicated time at the communicated place was Rion Ayanami otherwise known by the callsign Raven. A name she'd deliberately chosen in reference to the Achkaerinese legend. She reached into the back of the car and picked up her sword, it was a Wakizashi style blade, a short sword katana. She normally didn't wear this unless it was for an occasion such as today, a lot of work had gone into setting up a cover for her presence, her being a Cult of Helus follower helped a little here. Strapping on her sword she covered the distance to the Sphinx and waited as the sky turned to dusk. It wasn't long before the Pharaoh's arrival.

"I'm Raven." Rion said "I understand you wish to speak about a delicate matter."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Sirius, Dusk, Sphinx, Raven
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 07:53:03 AM »
Akasha nodded, "Indeed I do. It is my responsibility to protect the Clysperi State, her People, and provide for surroundings which are compatible with those responsibilities. Now Abbas would have me believe that Heydar has the best interests of Midaranye at heart, even my own interests and those of Clysperis, despite his sustained campaign to discredit myself and the Kingdom. He has acted rashly and without concern for the implications of his actions beyond his borders in the past, and it's very likely that a generation of Cultists will see me as an existential threat to their continued safety in Midaranye because of his lies. While he may have been intending for this to be some sort of domestic play, he's most certainly placed myself and Clysperis at risk and his continued refusal for a mutual resolution leads me to one conclusion: he is no friend, and must be treated as a threat."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 07:49:48 PM »
Rion had to raise an eyebrow as she leaned against a nearby barrier "Don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like you're seeing demons that aren't there." she said "Let me explain myself your claim that 'a generation of Cultists will see you as an existential threat to their continued safety in Midaranye because of his lies' frankly that's a stinking pile of horse manure, camel dung or whatever appropriate description you wish to give it. I'm a member of House Ayanami my family line is cousin to the East Moreland Royal line, my family is the ancestral line to House Rhodes so if you truly posed that existential threat someone would have done something about it by now.

Ask yourself a simple enough question between you and Heydar who is the more threatening as far as a Cultist in Midaranye is concerned? You a woman who spouts of a Helusan empire? Something not taken seriously by the majority of the world, or Heydar a man who was serving in the Seleucid military during the Cult of Helus Genocide, an event that people within the corridors of power of Northfort, Claith and Valtheim suspect involved more than just a 'rogue element within the military' it wouldn't surprise me if Akakois knew what was happening and it certainly wouldn't surprise me if the Seleucid Prince serving in the military knew about it. Heydar paints you as a threat to deflect from himself, perhaps he hopes the world will forget, but no one does - why do you think a subsequent crisis in Royal Seleucid had a load of naval might sat outside Seleucid waters? Because no one forgets a genocide and everyone will do what they can to ensure there isn't another.

But perhaps the other thing to question here is Abbas. Why put such stock in what he says? We've said this to you once before - the greatest threat to Midaranye is not found in Northfort it's found in Djerb, Abbas plays games with you, with Heydar, with the Sultan he pits you all against each other and encourages no cooperation in Midaranye in terms of anything formal, and what does that do? Asserts Tamora's dominance over Midaranye. Could you kill Heydar? Yes absolutely with the right plan he could be dead but does that serve your purposes if all you do is strengthen the bond between Djerb and Ipsus? Play your own game not Abbas's."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 08:20:29 AM »
"These words are not wrong, and perhaps it is true that the wrong view is being taken especially when regarding Tamoran designs for the region. However, what you're proposing would see Djerb deliberately acting to keep both myself, and Clysperis, ostracized in the region which is a policy they've followed for some time now. These are not quite the actions of a friend, and technically they're my family," she chuckled. "I won't be pursuing this path," Akasha continued, "yet I do not believe I would wish to deal with Heydar as a friend even absent his campaign against me. I've already highlighted how his actions against the Iwi were foolish, his deflection upon me due to the sins of Royal Seleucid to the Cultists is disgusting, and while he parades modern toys and constructs his nation maintains indentured servitude and denies equal rights to all peoples within his borders. He represents the past of Midaranye just as much as Abbas does in some regards."

"We need to give birth to a future which sees a Midaranye that can keep its traditions, but one that recognizes that some things aren't traditions but abuses against Ma'at, or the universal good. Overcoming some of the poisoning of the well I've seen from certain people will require some effort and, to those ends, I'm open to advice."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis