Author Topic: Samantran business engagements aboard  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Samantran business engagements aboard
« on: February 13, 2022, 08:45:30 AM »
Rus’ Tower, Petrograd, the Holy Kingdom of Samantra

“Miss. Samarin” her secretary entered her office. “I think you should watch this” she said pointing at the hallways where a large TV screen showed the headline “Clysperi Pharaoh invites Umarov Real Estate Trust for talks” with Phraoh Akasha on TV, her words translated in Rodinian:

“Both Umarov Real Estate Trust and Diamond Farm Labs have an open invitation to such a conversation with me, though I will require some reassurances from both that they will not act on speculation in our future dealings and will treat us as partners.”

As she watched the screen, more of her colleagues gathered in the hallway to watch.

“Well that is unexpected” she mumbled quietly. She was notified the day before that the Clysperi side sent them an invitation but they didn’t expect it to be made public in such a way and from the mouth of their Pharaoh.

And from there Talya’s day went downhill, she was immediately called in a meeting with the board.

CEO Talya Samarin had to explain to the board the full “Clysperi- Obelisk account” and give her opinion on the matter. Her advice: reject the Clysperi offer and move on. However, the board dismissed her recommendation and decided to send her to Clysperis.

And from there it went from bad to worse as she got a call from the Office for the Protection of the Church and its State(OPCS) asking her to come immediately to their branch in Petrograd. OPCS was Samantra’s sole domestic intelligence agency, an institution Samantrans feared and Talya was no different. She spent over two very uncomfortable hours being told what to say and what not to say during her meeting with the Clysperi Pharaoh.  Phrases like “national security” and “serious consequences” being repeated at almost every phrase. The OPCS was concerned that the Clysperi Pharaoh could take offense easily during the meeting and jeopardize Samantra’s supply of oil and gas.   

OPCS branch in Petrograd

At the end of the meeting, Talya at least got the Green passport from OPCS. It was the Samantran diplomatic passport and with it, she at least felt some confidence that she would not be thrown in jail in Clysperis for the slightest of offenses.

Flight to the Kingdom Clysperis

Since there were no direct flights from Petrograd to Clysperis she had to change flights in Zaporozh and from there take Tamoran Airlines to Clysperis.

Tamoran Airlines hostess making sure all women passengers wear the hijab

As soon as the departed Zaporozh the Tamoran hostess asked all women including Talya to wear the hijab. “At least Tamoran Airlines doesn’t ban smoking in its flights” Talya thought as the put the hijab on and lit a cigar. She was used to smoking on flights since Samantra didn’t ban the practice either on its flights. She didn’t even take the first smoke when the passenger next to her complained:

“Excuse me Ms. but you are not allowed to smoke! “ he said in English.

Talya knew full well that she was allowed but lacked the patience to explain and decided to let the hostess do it so she simply replied:
“Niet English” as she put her earplugs and started listening to music.

Khemnen – the capital of Clysperis

Talya has booked a full three nights stay in Clysperis. She really didn’t need more than one for her meeting with the Pharaoh but she didn’t plan on meeting just the Pharaoh during her short stay. She wanted to get a chance to talk to the Rus’ (ooc: Slavic or Rodinian or whatever it is correct to call it) business community in Clysperis. To her knowledge the community traced its historical roots back from the days of the Soviet occupation. She wasn’t there though to talk history but use the meeting with the Pharaoh as a way to promote her and the company she worked for in the Rus’ business community in Clysperis. She didn’t expect to get any deals done in these couple of days but lay the groundwork for future cooperation since she believe Samantra had a lot to offer as did the Rus’ business community in Clysperis. 

Meeting the Pharaoh

The day when she would meet the Clysperi Pharaoh had arrived. She spent much of the previous night preparing for the meeting, trying to assess how the Clysperi Pharaoh would react and how to best approach her. Still she wasn’t tired probably because she had drunk too much coffee.

She left the hotel dressed in an impeccable Samantran folk costume that she adored. Talya, like many Samantran women, liked to wear such garments on special occasions and even at work and she made no exception here. She stopped at a flower shop to buy some flowers for the Pharaoh. As she received the change she only then noticed that Clysperi was using the Tamoran Dinar as a currency.

“I wonder how long until this will also change” she thought figuring that as CLysperis was quickly leaving Tamora’s orbit for the Achkaerin one their currency should also change.
As she left the flower shop she got in a cab and went to the palace of the Pharaoh.

Ooc: I have an ooc agreement with Beatrice that the offer made here: https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=2499.msg22816#msg22816 is accepted by Clysperis and that we don’t need to RP the meeting. I just posted here as a vignette because I didn’t want to waste what I had already written.