Author Topic: The Breaking of Holy Ground  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Kermah

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Kermah
The Breaking of Holy Ground
« on: March 11, 2022, 08:43:39 PM »

To Whom It May Concern

For a long time the Christian faithful of the Confederation of Kermah have lacked a grand central home. In 2018 we broke ground on the Basilica of St. Arcadeius and now as its construction is completed it is now the largest Church in the Confederation. Capable of housing 18,000 worshippers inside and several more thousand in the grounds outside we are excited to begin praising God under its roof. We are thankful to all those who have contributed to the construction of the Church and extend a special thanks to our friends in Zaporozh who have supported the construction of our gardens.

We would like to invite those wishing to join in our celebration to Isiobodo to join our joyous day.

Blessings of Christ
Archbishop of Isiobodo, Emeka Abiodun

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: The Breaking of Holy Ground
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 07:07:15 PM »
Few things in life bring me more joy than seeing the nations of Mundus praising and worshiping the Lord. The completion of this church is not only pleasing to the Lord but will serve the community for centuries to come just as the memory of Saint Arcadius of Mauretania inspires us to this day.

I would like to attend the consecration (ooc: I assume that is what the invitation is about, if not then just assume event) of the church and pray within its walls for our Lord to bless your community and Christians all over Mundus.   

Blessings of Christ,
Alexy, Patriarch of Rus’ and all the Slavs.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 05:24:38 PM »
It would be a great honour to join with my Christian siblings from across Mundus in celebrating the completion of the Basilica of St. Arcadeius. I look forward to praising God with all of you.

Every Blessing

Cardinal Martin Deed
Cardinal of Santiago

Offline Kermah

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 10:45:56 PM »
OOC- People are still free to turn up

Isiobodo hadn't welcomed a foreign group within the memory of anyone living there. It was the capital of the Confederation, the home of its Senate and HQ's of various businesses and the like. It was the component parts of the Confederation that often were more developed but that would need to change. He was not a Christian himself but Dr. Adebola Kamau, the Consul of the Confederation had felt it his duty to be present, he was after all the representative of nearly 45million people united under one flag regardless of origin or religion. Today members of his nation would be celebrating and he felt it only right that he show respect to that celebration. He had arrived at the capitals airport along with  Emeka Abiodun, the capitals Archbishop and the Confederations most significant Catholic Priest.

"Good morning Ade" the Archbishop greeted his Consul rather informally. The two might be of different faiths but both enjoyed watching the football and found themselves at  Isiobodo Capitals matches often enough that they had become friends.

"Good morning Emeka" the Consul embraced the man. "You've got a good day for it." the Consul gestured to the cloudless sky in which just the coolest of breezes hung. It was a day that a man could get away without sweater or jacket and wouldn't be sweltering like so many days in Kermah could be. "Is everything prepared? Do you need anything from me?"

"A quick baptism could be done" Emeka joked as they watched a coach pull up and in bright colours of every part of the rainbow people emerged and were ushered into a set up tier of seating close to the gate that the dignitaries would exit. Already some private jets had been lined up along the usually quiet airports standing areas where wealthier Kermahites had flown in for the occasion. 25% of the nation professed some form of Christianity and Emeka had heard of days long bus journeys having been undertaken to get the faithful here. As each aircraft of the visitors touched down a similar routine took place. Dr.Abiodun welcomed them to Kermah and made some small talk about their homeland before wishing them a happy visit and offering his services if they required anything. He then politely handed them over to the Archbishop.

Emeka was, in contrast to the Consul, a small man with a shiny bald head and a permanent beaming smile. Rather than offering a hand he embraced each of those attending in a brotherly hug. "I am so grateful you have come to see us today" he told each of them. "The Lord has certainly sent us a day to remember." He took them over to the seating area where the assembled mixture of brightly dressed men, women and children cheered and waved excitedly at each guest before striking up in song. There would be three or four minutes of some gospel hymn and then the ever recognisable Baba Yetu. The Archbishop beamed even brighter the first time each of the guests heard it and took great pride in explaining. "While we have our official national anthem, and then our tribal one I am very very proud that this is song almost daily and with such passion by 1/4 of our population." Emeka believed pride was a sin but he honestly believed the joyous nature of his people's music mixed with their love of the Lord produced a sound even God would find incredible. When it seemed no one was looking he even found himself clapping and singing along with it.

Once everyone was gathered a large coach arrived and they were invited to climb aboard. "The ride to the new Basillica is not far but as you'll see it may be a little tricky" As the bus pulled out through the airport gate a long straight road led into the capital itself and a phalanx of police outriders on white motorbikes took up position. As they began to enter the outskirts of the city floods of people dressed in reds, blacks, yellows, greens where heading in one direction and several sirens from the motorcycles were needed to create a passage. "We have estimated that around two million people have made the trip to the city." The Archbishop said with pride, "The Consul here had to hastily find large screens for the parks and every cinema will be showing a feed of the day." As the crowds parted some were seen with drums and horns and songs filled the air as different groups began singing and then would without a word settle on one song and join in together. A river flowed down one side of the Basilica and a bridge had to be crossed to gain access to the Basillica and its gardens which were in full bloom. A large metallic fence that would have not looked out of place at a music festival surrounded the complex and soldiers in dress uniform manned entrances where tickets were being checked. As the coach crossed the bridge a large group could be seen at a waters edge apparently carrying out baptisms. "That is Father Abraham Okache, a raising star in our Church family." The Archbishop explained. "He's only been a fully fledged Priest two years now and has quiet a following, he's done a great deal of work spreading our message and today he hopes to baptise 500 people."

Once over the river the coach stopped and allowed everyone to exit. "Please fell free to explore. We've some time before the official part of the day begins." The Archbishop was last off and waved the coach driver goodbye as he joined the group again. The Consul had come with them and made his way into the garden. The Church had little interest for him except for it being a beautiful building. Several young Priests were busying themselves placing orders of service on chairs that had been set out on some of the lawns for those not lucky enough to have a seat inside to still be able to take part.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 12:35:41 AM »
Days like this were joyous occasions at least as far as Martin Deed was concerned, even the weather seemed eager to celebrate the moment, some who knew him well would call Martin a firebrand or even a revolutionary, his views were his principles and perhaps what bothered him most was that his faith and church doctrine increasingly seemed to be on a collision course in his life, he knew a reckoning in that regard was coming but he wasn't going to let his personal issues detract from the sheer amount of grace and joy around him, perhaps unsurprisingly Martin was accompanied by his daughter Kathryn, who despite being firstly the science and technology Minister and secondly a Senator had been quite restrained in not making an immediate beeline for the Consul, today she was her fathers daughter not there on Government Minister at least that was the case officially speaking. The sound of songs with such vibrancy in the voices of the singers brought smiles to both their faces, a smile broadened by the sight of baptisms being performed.

"At least you're not the only pastor who does full body immersion for baptism." Kathryn said "I'm sure you'll have a chance to talk to him later."

"Always reading my mind." Martin said

"Someone has to." Kathryn said taking in the church while Martin approached the Priests laying out orders of service.

"Martin Deed" he said "I hope you'll forgive my Priest's curiosity if I may ask to see the order?"

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2022, 04:55:18 PM »
Patriarch Alexy and his rather large entourage of priests had just gotten off the airport. For his rather old age the Patriarch was in good shape. He looked forward to seeing the church consecrated. Unlike the Orthodox Christians of Zaporozh he appreciated the large buildings dedicated to the Lord as opposed to the small church parishes though he understood there was a need for both. Once he arrived he politely greeted the Consul and said: “The whole world is watching the consecration and your country. In Samantra I can guarantee you millions will watch it live. This is a great moment for your country and I am happy for you!” Patriarch Alexy was also the head of state of the holy kingdom of Samantra so played a double role: head of state and that of the national church.

He then proceeded to hug the Archbishop as if they were old friends that have never seen each other in decades:

“The Lord is good” said Alexy. “From what I understand millions of your flock has come to see the consecration. When the flock comes in such large numbers that is a sign of a good shepherd in charge.  The Lord is certainly pleased with your work. “

Patriarch Alexy proceeded as instructed by the hosts. He watched how the faithful gathered and listened to Baba Yetu. Alexy has very strict when it came to ritual and disliked anything that was seen as informal when it came to worship and thus disrespectful to the Lord. However, even he enjoyed listening to Baba Yetu.

He looked around to see who has arrived. Much to his displeasure he noticed the Achkaerin delegation had already arrived. He didn’t recognize Kathryn but he recognized cardinal Martin Deed. It was hard not to since the cardinal made international headlines after being repudiated in public by his Pope who was also his adopted son. He instructed the priests of his entourage to keep an eye on the Achkaerin delegation and make sure they don’t get close enough to him so that nothing unpleasant happen at this joyous occasion.

Offline Kemerovo

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Kemerovo
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2022, 11:19:51 PM »
Tikhon had been pleased that Moisey had stepped in and helped the Kermah Church build their garden. It was a fantastic show of co-operation even if the Catholics here didn't share the exact same values as their Orthodox church. That was a shame but it didn't matter as much as the fact they were worshipping God and his son Jesus Christ. What Tikhon did regret though was wearing some of his traditional garb as it was more suited to lands of home than the fine weather of Kermah. For Moisey this was a kind of PR trip, a chance to get his name across the world, he'd brought with him Nadiya his wife and their son Vitali Jnr who had only been permitted to have time off by his school if he made a report on the country on his return and as such he was armed with his Go-Pro camera absorbing the scene.

While Moisey was more intent on meeting Dr.Kamau, Tikhon made his way to Archbishop Emeka who had just finished talking to the Patriach Alexy. Tikhon offered a handshake to both men. "I'm honoured to meet the two of you." He smiled. "I think it is safe to say you've been very blessed, we saw the crowds from the air and it is most impressive that so many have come. It is a great credit to the work you've been doing here to try and spread the word and long may it continue. In a way to help with that I hope you will accept this." He handed over a sheet of thick white paper. "It is a credit note for a printers company in Zaporozhia that manufacture beautiful illustrated bibles for children. 4,000 copies have been pre-paid for and their delivery costs covered, all you need do is contact them and say where you want them. If we're to see you continue this magnificent effort I hope this will help." He found some of the celebrations a little too wild and less reflective on God, suspecting that perhaps it was for some of them more about the party than the prayer.

As they made their way down the road to the new Church Vitali Jnr was busily sat by the window filming the crowd. As they arrived at Churches new compound Moisey and his wife made a line towards Dr.Kamau. "Doctor, or should I call you Consul?" Moisey began, "I'm delighted to get a chance to meet you today. We've watched your nation build this with interest but I understand you don't share our Christian faith, may I ask what faith you belong to?" He was keen to get a conversation with the man, building diplomatic links could be useful moving forward.

Vitali Jnr had meanwhile headed down to the river where  Father Abraham Okache was baptising people. Respectfully he turned his camera off and sat beside the river on a rock. Once Okache had finished the latest baptism Vitali spoke to him telling him of his school project and asking if he'd mind him filming the event.

Offline Kermah

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2022, 10:07:41 PM »
A young Priest, hardly into his twenties by the look of him was placing copies of the paper order onto the seats. He turned when Martin Deed approached and with a beaming smile handed him a copy. "The service is what some would consider Kermah Catholic." He chuckled, "We naturally follow the directions of our father the Pope in the Ecclesiastical State but with our own styles. I have heard many of the hymns sung in the Churches in the ES are rather slow and while the words are beautiful they do not inflame the hearts of souls like ours. So the hymns may not be in the style you are accustomed. Once past that expect a traditional mass. The Archbishop giving a sermon today to welcome everyone. Its an exciting day." The young priest continued to place the papers while chatting. "So how does the Basillica compare the churches of your homeland?"

With praise from the Patriarch Alexy the Archbiship Emeka blushed slightly. " I like to think the flock is just open hearted enough to accept the word. Me and the clergy are just happy that so many souls now stand a chance of reaching salvation and that is the most important thing. I am slightly ashamed to say this but I think the Catholic church here may appeal for reasons other than just the word of God. The people of Kermah are sadly not yet the most educated of people, I am thankful that the Pope and others have supported the faith in providing education, as such we have almost a captive audience. As we provide more and more school places it is likely we are laying a foundation for years to come. In my life time we will not see the majority of our land be Christian, but we've some promising young men coming through the ranks who will finish the task. Who knows, a future Pope among them." He smiled. "For now though I'll settle for making this a home." he gestured to the Basillica. "Perhaps I can take you to the garden where I am meeting some of your Rus friends later.

It was in the garden that they meet the Patriach Tikhon, "I assume gentleman you know each other." the Archbishop waited for them to acknowledge each other and then was shocked by the gift from Tikhon. "I am ashamed to say that at present you would be hard pushed to find 4,000 poor Kermah children of the faith that can read, but we are working on that, this will be a big help. Thank you." "I wish to discuss with you two gentleman many things as we have received a great deal of moral and of course financial support from the Rus nations. I do not wish though Kermah to become a charity case always relying on the world when we have needs. I believe we have a great deal to offer the world and would appreciate either of you suggesting ways that my people can help you"

Father Abraham Okache watched the boy walk over, in a land where everyone was black the Rus boy stood out a mile. "Young man the beauty of a baptism is something to share far and wide and for my part you can film me all day. Just make sure to get my good side." he turned his face as though allowing Vitali Jnr to get his good side. "The decision though should be with those being baptised, after all it is about their relationship with God and today is their special day." The next up was a young girl who said she didn't mind and so waded out to be baptised. While Vitali filmed Abraham set about his work totally focused on the young girl who today was taking a new name. The ceremony finished Abraham hugged her. "Sarah I am so happy you have joined our Church family." he helped her to shore where several of her friends were waiting and welcomed her into the faith themselves. "317" he said to Vitali, "Do you think there is a world record for baptisms on a single day?" He asked as he motioned for the next person to come down into the river.

Moisey Viktorov found Dr.Kamau enjoying an iced tea near the garden. "Please my name is Adebola, my friends call me Ade and I hope you will to. You're neither a patient nor a citizen so we should drop formalities." He offered Nadiya a glass before Moisey, " I am from part of the Confederation called Balakia, the majority of people there are probably best described as followers of the Folk Faiths. Each village, tribe, clan whatever you wish to call them can have their own variations so please don't take what I say as evidence of us all. We believe that the first humans were born directly from the soil and returned there, the rest of us are flesh born and that are soil born ancestors work to ensure our survival and so we give thanks to them. It is as far removed from your Christianity as one can imagine, but we are taught to respect all creation and that means other faiths. I can't imagine our faith spreading much beyond Kermah though as the tales tie so tightly to the land here, every mountain, stream or rock can have some association. I am though puzzled by your nation, no elected leader, it must be difficult to make progress at times?"

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2022, 11:58:37 PM »
"Well it's certainly grander than the one I preach in, just to look at it's far more impressive and I'm sure the sound when all raise their voices in praise will be quite something." Martin said smiling  "And yes I've found that hymns need a beat that's lively as well, I got somewhat frustrated by that in my early days in ministry that I got some funding to set up a rather ambitious choral society, we have many groups across many ages - one group managed to win an Ozzie not that long ago, but all things considered the singing of hymns has been quite lively since then."