Author Topic: A Marriage before the Spirits (Open RP)  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
A Marriage before the Spirits (Open RP)
« on: April 13, 2022, 04:35:07 PM »
To whom it may concern,

It is the pleasure of the Imperial Household Agency to extend a warm invitation to you to the Imperial Palace in Shinkyō to celebrate the wedding of His Majesty and Lady Mayumi of the Tachibana family on the 21st of April. Following the wedding, a reception will be held at the palace, wherein you may find yourself the opportunity to congratulate the new couple and if you are so inclined, there will be the chance to discuss official business with the Empire afterwards.

Accommodations will be provided within the city of Shinkyō, notably state guest houses throughout the city. For those who are unable to make use of such facilities, high-quality hotels will be booked free of charge. We thank you for your time.
Ichiro Kasuga,
Imperial Household Agency

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: A Marriage before the Spirits (Open RP)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 10:09:50 PM »

To:- Ichiro Kasuga,

The Kingdom of East Moreland would like to pass their congratulations to the happy couple and wishes them well in their future marriage. Please expect a delegation from East Moreland to attend the wedding, this shall comprise of Princess Freya and her husband Major Alex Redfern. Both of them shall be flying in on the day of the wedding and shall be staying in the East Moreland embassy that evening.

We look forward to hearing of the success of the visit and more importantly the wedding.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Marriage Know Love

King David III of East Moreland

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 10:32:21 PM »

To - Ichiro Kasuga

The Holy Empire of Achkaerin passes on its most heartfelt congratulations to the happy couple. A delegation comprising Princess Esme Azurewind and her children Prince Jack and Princess Cerys will be in attendance at the happy event.

Signed

Emperor Peter Azurewind

Offline Yolotan

• Regional Power
  • Long live Vaguzia
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Kingdom of Vaguzia
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 02:34:58 AM »
To - Ichiro Kasuga

My congratulations to the to be married couple, our country would be honoured to attend this historic wedding, which is why Prince Théodore Leonardo Fabiane Gabriel Delacroix will be honoured to be a guest at the wedding along with high ranking Vaguziase diplomats. Our two countries share a special historic relation, so we are truly delighted to hear about the wonderful news that is this wondering, and find it important to remain our special relation

Signed,  Prince-Regent Vicenzo Delacroix-Bruguière of the Kingdom of Vaguzia

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2022, 04:30:34 PM »

Addressed to: Ichiro Kasuga
From: Her Excellency, Minister of External Affairs Maria Mikhailov

The Holy Kindom of Samantra sends its congratulations to the Imperial couple for decision to unite their hopes and their aspirations and become one family.

As Minister of External Affairs I will have the pleasure of representing the Holy Kingdom at the wedding as well as personally congratulate the imperial couple. We will book accommodation at one of the hotels.

Respectfully yours,
Maria Mikhailov
Minister of External Affairs

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2022, 07:23:11 AM »

A Message To Ichiro Kasuga

The First Empire is delighted by the news of the upcoming wedding of His Majesty and Lady Mayumi of the Tachibana family. On behalf of the whole of Rokkenjima offers the utmost congratulations to the couple. Joining myself shall be my Vicegerent and Crown Princess Asuna to celebrate this most joyous of occasions with our neighbours.

In friendship;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Arovium

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 10:15:43 AM »
Imperial Palace, Shinkyō
21 March, 2022
05:44

As the sun arose over the imperial capital, the venerable city of Shinkyō, whose denizens ne'er seemed to sleep, His Majesty, Eijiro, Emperor of Daitō, found himself preparing for what was to be a day to rival his own enthronement. There were moments that defined his life, being formally proclaimed Crown Prince on the day of his birth, entering the academy, his first flight, meeting Mayumi, and of course, becoming Emperor. Today would add yet another moment, for it was the day he was to be wed. As he looked out from the balcony, sunlight glinting across the moat, the hustle-and-bustle of the city seemed to never cease. Part of him doubted that the path from the Palace to the Sendō Grand Shrine, even cordoned off, would be "quiet", ignoring the procession of course. Just a few more hours to go.

Though he wasn't going to admit it, given his station and all, he was nervous. On one hand, the ceremony would affirm his commitment to the one he held dearest to him, that was the easy part. Despite being raised to lead, being "destined", as it were, part of him still struggled in this position. Were his father still here, what might he say, that may put his mind at ease? He always seemed to know what to do, know what to say. By contrast, Eijiro felt as though he could not rightfully stand in his legacy. Perhaps he simply hadn't hit his stride just yet, certainly that was it. The eldest of servants often spoke of how his father, Emperor Antei, had felt the same early in his reign, and he had to look up to both his father and grandfather. Nonetheless, Eijiro tried to clear his mind; such worries had no place here, not today. Today was, well, today was a most joyous one. In time, such fears, he hoped, would pass.
07:00
She was the daughter of a Viscount, a famed painter trained in the old ways. She had, from a young age, been an actress, though that part of her life was now done. He was the Emperor of Daitō, heir to a millennia-spanning legacy. The most important man in the Empire, a father figure to many, and yet he chose her. If someone had told her a decade prior that she would one day be Empress, she might've laughed, but now there was no laughter. This was really happening, and while it didn't feel wrong, she felt as though she were under a lot of pressure now, even more than before.
   "If I may have the pleasure, your highness, to ask you a question, what is wrong?" One of the attendants asked her, taking note of her behavior. Was it really that obvious, how she felt about the occasion?
   "No, Noriko, nothing's the matter." Masako said as her hair was done. "It's just... After all this time thinking I would be ready, on the day of my wedding I... Well, I just feel a bit nervous." She admitted after a moment. "It's funny, I could face the eyes of millions around the world, yet I am nervous over something like this."
   "It's a big change, your highness. Anyone would be nervous if they were in your position, especially with the eyes of the world upon you." The attendant, Noriko, replied. "Just give it time and I am certain that you will adjust."

Would she, though?
Sendō Grand Shrine, Shinkyō
09:00

The last time Marquess Shikō Nakanoin had attended a wedding within the Imperial Family, it had been the marriage of Prince Hiromasa to Lady Tamako Asukai back in 2018. While no more joyous of an occasion, he was not the Head of State for a nation of 230 million, and it showed given the opulence of the venue. While Prince Hiromasa hadmarried at the Koya Grand Shrine, one of the older and more important locations within the Teidō faith, it paled in comparison to this one. After all, the Sendō Grand Shrine, constructed in 1907 under order of Keiyo Tennō, as widely considered one of the finest examples of a shrine in the religion and was seen by many as being associated deeply with the Imperial Family. Of course, he was somewhat disappointed that he would not be taking part in the procession to the palace, even if it was a two kilometer voyage in an outfit not particularly well-suited to such journey. However, this was of no consequence, as he had a far more important task now, that being to greet those guests who would be attending, both foreign and domestic. He just hoped that the foreigners wouldn't take offense to not personally witnessing the ceremony, as that part was a deeply private, personal time only for the new couple and their closest friends and family. Certainly better that than walking two kilometers in a black sokutai, that was for certain.

By his judgement (and help from a clocktower off in the distance), the first guests would be arriving soon.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2022, 02:39:49 PM »
Maria and her husband Ivan had arrived in Daito just a day before. Ever since Samantra re-emerged form isolation, the Holy Kingdom tried to rebuild connections with its former partners and allies. A special care was always given to the Christian communities aboard, especially those of the Orthodox branch of Christianity. And this visit was no exception. The day before Maria and her husband made a brief and discreet visit to one of the Christian communities in the city.

Of course, Maria didn't waste the opportunity to speak with the Samantran press that was in Daito for the event so that she could capitalize on the visit.

Daito was a member of CSTO alongside Achkaerin and Rokkenjima, two nations Petrograd saw as problematic for the stability of Mundus and antithetical to its national interest, so Daito was seen with suspicion. Still Petrograd was well too aware that Daito was too large to ignore and the visit of today was meant to keep the channel of communication opened.

Much to their surprise, Maria and Ivan arrived among the first of the foreign guests. They were dressed in traditional Samantran cloths as it was custom in the Holy Kingdom.

As they got close to Shikō Nakanoin they gave a short bow of the head. Since it was a formal meeting she assumed the hosts knew who they were through the proper protocol:

“Your Highness, allow me to bring the best wishes of the Samantran people for the Imperial couple. May they live long and healthy lives together.

I had hoped to see the couple during the ceremony but I understand that is not possible” she added. 

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2022, 10:57:51 PM »
Royal weddings were always fun events, a great chance to make friends, have fun and generally chat without having to worry too much about the world outside normally this would have gone straight into the Emperor's diary but instead the opportunity had been given to his sister Princess Esme and her children Princess Cerys and Prince Jack, the Prince would have liked to have had his girlfriend Katyusha with him, but with everything that had just happened in Lodja she was making a lot of calls to family, Esme wore a dark green dress, Cerys a dark blue dress and Jack a typical suit. Esme noticed the presence of the Samantran's, a nation who politically were largely regarded as petty grudge holders, fiction peddlers, malicious political opportunists and terrorist sponsors in the corridors of Valtheim.

Once the Samantran's were finished Esme made her way over to Shikō and gave the customary, respectful nod. "Your Highness." she said "A pleasure to be here, I bring my nations best wishes for the happy couple."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2022, 01:00:08 AM »

Following the Achkaerinese would be Evanthe, Emerson and Asuna. Evanthe paid little attention to the Samantrans as she approached, as while she disagreed with them on many matters it would be beneath her to sully such a day due to them. "Your Highness, it is with great joy that we are all assembled here today to celebrate a most beautiful union. On behalf of the Rhodes Family, the Anselmo Family, and the People of Rokkenjima I offer only our best wishes for the couple. May they know many years of happiness and joy."

Though her arrival had not been as public as the others Pharaoh Akasha would follow the Rokkenjimans in approaching Shikō. "Your Highness, what a wonderful day before us. Each time we see the triumph of love in a world such as ours it is a day worth marking for the ages. I hope that the couple enjoy many years together in good health and good spirits. May their love be an inspiration for the People of Daito and guide your nation in peace and prosperity."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2022, 10:12:17 AM »
09:05

First on the list of arrivals was, of course, Maria Mikhailov and her husband, Ivan Mikhailov. She was, from what Shikō remembered of the guest list, some sort of Samantran minister, no doubt involved in foreign affairs otherwise she would not have been sent. Someone of such a low station hardly deserved a welcome, but he was nothing if not polite. Sure, she was Rus', and not even the good kind, but he wasn't exactly in the mood to cause a diplomatic incident. That being said, he found their decision to wear the traditional clothing of their homeland to be... quaint, suffice to say. Whether it was appropriate or not, he would not say, after all, were they to switch places she may feel the same of his own sokutai, although he was sure that they would have far worse issues with his presence. Whether or not they would, as the Ardians before them, view him and his people as the so-called "spawn of Satan" for believing in the old way was of little consequence today, and so he bit his lip on that particular subject. Nonetheless, he would bow briefly when they approached before speaking briefly.
   "Welcome, Mikhailov-san, and thank you for the well-wishes to the Imperial Couple." He spoke in a calm manner, his eyes fixated on the first of these honoured guests, even if he felt, whether justified or not, that some of them did not deserve it. "I apologize that such a ceremony may be... different to what you know up in the north, but know that it is not performed in this manner in order to offend. Rather, it is a time-honoured tradition of our people that such a sacred vow be taken not in the presence of the common man, but rather before the Kami and those few close enough to the couple." He said, making sure to clarify the reason for what was, from his perspective, viewed as troublesome. He was, of course, not going to mention that the specific ceremony only went back to the 19th century, at least in its current form. "Besides, as I am sure you are aware, you will get a chance to see them after the wedding itself has been completed. In the meantime, feel free to speak with the other guests."

A few moments later, with the Samantran delegation moving further into the shrine, no doubt either to find their designated spot or to speak with some of the other attendees, Marquess Shikō Nakanoin found himself face to face with another delegation, this time one which he held a far higher opinion of. They were, of course, the Achkaerinese, more specifically Princess Esme Azurewind and her children, Princess Cerys and Prince Jack. Compared to his views on the Rus', which was in part due to wartime tragedy, he was quite favorable to the Achkaerinese, having studied for a year in the country while he was in university. While there he had come to garner a certain appreciation for their customs, even if he still preferred his own. Once again, he would bow before greeting the guests.
   "It is my honor to extend the welcome of my homeland, your Imperial Highnesses." He spoke, looking up at the trio. Certainly worthy of respect, even for members of foreign royalty, so he would adjust the way he spoke accordingly. "I do, on that note, appreciate the well-wishes that you have offered, and I am certain that His Majesty and Lady Mayumi appreciate it as well. It would be my honour, of course, to offer any assistance that you may require during your stay, but nonetheless, I thank you for your presence."

As yet another group passed, another would approach, this time one far more familiar to him, being that they were as kin, culturally speaking. The Rokkenjimans had garnered something of a reputation, even within Daitō. Whether it was a good reputation or ill, that depended on who you asked. Nonetheless, the presence of the Empress herself was quite important for the two countries, given the complicated relationship they had in the years prior to this current era. After all, Daitō had sided with Tytor during the cold war, which put the two sibling-states at odds for many decades. Be that as it may, past rivalries had turned into a growing rapprochement, and now the Imperial government viewed Rokkenjima as a close ally, although one not to be fully trusted as of yet. Long was the memory of the state, after all, and it would take some time before many would come to fully trust their eastern neighbor, much as they had taken to trust the Ardians.
   "It is my honour to welcome you, your majesty." He said, yet again with a bow, before looking at the Rokkenjiman entourage. "Like with those who have come before, I thank you on the behalf of my liege for the well-wishes given unto the Imperial family. If you need anything whatsoever, please, say the word, and I shall do everything in my power to achieve it." He added; sure, he didn't like having to do work for someone not in the Imperial Family, but such was the task he had been given today. Besides, it wasn't as though he was all alone, he had an army of servants at his beck and call to do most of the work for him anyways.

Finally, one more foreign guest to handle, and one who had only accepted the invitation at the last possible moment. Whether the Clysperi Pharaoh had forgotten the invitation or had elected to only announce her presence so soon to the wedding was of little consequence, save that of a headache that Shikō, the de-facto wedding planner, was given trying to find accommodations for her and her staff. Such was life, unfortunately, and while thankfully not an insult to the Emperor, he did feel somewhat annoyed how things had turned out in this regard. Just a few more minutes and he would be back in the company of his countrymen, that was all that mattered. At long last, finally, he would bow once more, welcoming Pharaoh Akasha to Daitō.
   "Welcome, your Majesty." He said, at this point almost, as one might say, going into autopilot with the introduction. It was dull work, but necessary work too. Everything had to go perfectly, even if it had already become monotonous. "On behalf of His Imperial Majesty, I thank you for the well-wishes, both for him and Lady Mayumi. I will admit that I share such sentiments, of course, but for now, please, feel free to look around, speak with those assembled if you wish. We still have an hour or so to go." He said with a smile, which was something almost uncharacteristic for him. But then again, what could he say? This was, after all, a most joyous occasion to be celebrated. But now, the real work would begin, as members of the nobility began to arrive en masse.
Imperial Palace, Shinkyō
10:00

The world seemed rather still, a rarity in the Imperial Capital. Normally, this was seen in the aftermath of some great tragedy, such as the death of an Emperor or a natural disaster. But today? Today, it was for a far different reason. As the Emperor, Eijiro, son of Emperor Antei, stood at the gate of the Imperial Palace, he saw, stretched out for as far as the eye could see, people gathered to catch a glimpse of the couple, cordoned off by members of the Imperial Guard and the police of course. To his side, his bride to be stood under the shade of a finely-crafted parasol hoisted aloft by a servant. She wore a jūnihitoe, the formal court dress first worn by noble women and ladies-in-waiting in the 11th century. It was accompanied by a modified wataboshi, similar in function to the occidental bridal veil. As for himself, Eijiro wore the dark yellow sokutai that was reserved for himself and him alone.

Behind them stood three musicians, members of the Imperial Gagaku Ensemble, who each held a flute; the first, a shō[1], the second, a hichiriki[2], and the third, a ryūteki[3], and behind them them members of the Imperial Court, the cabinet, and members of both families as well as those closest to them. In all, it was a sizeable procession, made up of dozens of individuals, each of whom had been personally invited. Behind them were a group of miko, shrine maidens as the English translation of the term went, who carried with them suzu bells, meant traditionally to call kami, allowing for the acquisition of positive power and authority while repelling evil. At the head of the procession was a priest, not the one in charge of the day's ceremony but simply there to officiate the procession, blew a horagai trumpet, made from a large conch shell, thus initiating the slow and steady walk to the Sendō Grand Shrine. Almost immediately, the musicians began to play their instruments while the miko rang their bells, and soon the crowds began to cheer their Emperor on as he made his way towards the shrine.
   "Well... This is finally it." Mayumi said with a smile, looking briefly at Eijiro.
   "Indeed it is. Indeed it is." Eijiro replied, glancing at Mayumi. "Time to begin a new life."
11:00

Almost an hour later, the procession would arrive at the shrine, where guests from all across the world had assembled to offer their best wishes for the new couple. However, much to some peoples surprise, the procession did not stop in the area that they had gathered, instead proceeding deeper into the shrine, into a part of it which had been restricted for the duration of the ceremonies. So private was it, in fact, that even film crews would be prohibited from entering. Nonetheless, at roughly 11:00 AM, the couple would reach the inner sanctuary of the shrine, where two people stood, waiting for them. They were the Head Priest, Hideyuki Sashihara, and Head Miko, Yasuko Hanai, both of whom would be conducting the ceremony as was tradition. Both of them would bow deeply out of respect, after which they would gesture for those assembled to sit so that they may begin the wedding ceremony proper.

"Hear me, O' spirits of old, and hear my decree. These two young souls, bound together by a love unwavering, come before you so that you may bear witness to their joining as one." The priest, Hideyuki, announced. "His Majesty, the hundredth heir of Emperor Shin'ō, descendant of Amaterasu, the sun goddess, and Lady Mayumi Tachibana ask for your blessing of their union as they commence the san-san-ku-do[4] ceremony." He reported, looking at the shrine before gesturing first to the couple, then to a table with a bottle of sake and three cups, each slightly larger than the one that came before. "You may begin, your Majesty." The priest said to Eijiro, who would take the first cup, the smallest, before the priest would pour some of the sake into it. Eijiro would then take three sips from the cup before passing it to Mayumi, who would likewise take three sips from it. Following this, Mayumi would place the cup back on table before taking the second one, slightly larger than the first, after which it would also have sake poured into it, followed by her taking three sips of it before passing it to Eijiro, who would do the same. Finally, Eijiro would take the final cup, performing more-or-less the first part of the ritual once more, after which this first part of the wedding was then deemed to be complete.

With this completed, Eijiro and Mayumi would rise from where they had been seated and approached the altar, whereupon a piece of paper rather familiar to the Emperor sat. After all, it was necessary that it be familiar to him, given that it was his wedding vows and all. The two would face each other as Eijiro took the paper into his hands, unfolding the paper before reading from it.
   "I, Eijiro, son of Nobukatsu, Emperor Antei, and Nagako Arakawa, do take you, Mayumi Tachibana, daughter of Eikichi Tachibana and Miyū Suzuoki, to be my wife, forever recognized as such in the eyes of the kami. I vow to, despite what hardship may ever come, love and cherish only you, to protect you, even if I must follow you into yomi as Izanagi, the creator, did for Izanami when the world was yet young. It is this that, in the presence of the kami, upon my honour I do vow." Once he had concluded, it would be Mayumi's turn to read her vows to him.
   "I, Mayumi, daughter of Eikichi Tachibana and Miyū Suzuoki, do take you, Eijiro, son of Nobukatsu, Emperor Antei, and Nagako Arakawa, to be my husband, forever recognized as such in the eyes of the kami. I vow to, despite what hardship may ever come, love and cherish you, to aid you as you complete your divinely-appointed duties as best as I might. It is this that, in the presence of the kami, upon my honour I do vow."

With them having exchanged their vows, those assembled would raise their glasses of sake and shout the traditional cheer of "kampai!", acknowledging and celebrating the vows they had taken. Immediately afterwards, Hideyuki would offer a branch of a sakaki tree, decorated with shide[5] strips of silk as part of the tamagushi ritual, reflecting gratitude to the kami which blessed the union. They would be followed by Eijiro and Mayumi, who would make the same offering, offering a prayer for their new family, after which representatives of the two families would do the same. For Mayumi's family, this would be performed by her father, Marquess Eikichi Tachibana, while for Eijiro, it was somewhat more troublesome, owing to his father's unfortunate passing in the year prior. As such, his younger brother, Eijiro's uncle, Prince Etsuji, would take this role. In many regards, Etsuji was like a surrogate father figure to Eijiro anyways, given his own father's distance when he was a child, but that was neither here nor there. What was, however, was the presentation of the newlyweds rings, which they would finally exchange nearly thirty minutes after the ceremony had begun. At long last, after many delays, Eijiro and Mayumi were finally wed.
11:35
The new couple would once more be accompanied back to the main hall of the shrine, stopping short so that the Head Priest, Hideyuki, could make an announcement.
   "Honoured guests, may I present to you, at long last, Emperor Eijiro and Empress Mayumi." He said, raising his voice so that he may be clearly heard.
   "Well, that's it. If it wasn't official earlier, it is now." Eijiro whispered to his wife, the two positively beaming with joy, before they would enter the hall.
 1. A free reed musical instrument made up of 17 slender bamboo pipes, each fitted in its base with a metal free reed. It is said that the instrument's sound is meant to mimic the call of a phoenix.
 2. a double reed flute made of a piece of bamboo which measures 18 centimeters, featuring a flat double reed inserted into it. It is one of the three sacred instruments heard in a Daitojin wedding and is often described as sounding "haunting".
 3. A transverse flute made of bamboo, measuring 40 centimeters. Its sound is said to represent the dragons which ascend the skies between the heavenly lights and the people of mundus.
 4. Translates as "three-three-nine-times" and reflects three oaths taken three times.
 5. zigzag-shaped paper streamers often used in Teidō rituals in Daitō. They are often used for ritual purification.